What is the EBS MSc Review?
The EBS MSc Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at EBS and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the EBS Business School, data about the Masters in Management application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
EBS Business School is one of Germany's leading business schools at the forefront of education and business excellence.
FIBAA accredited and with outstanding contacts to over 230 international organizations and partner universities worldwide, they are renowned for academic excellence, innovative strength and entrepreneurial spirit.
Students can choose one from five specialist 18-month Master of Science programmes in Management, Finance, Automotive Management and Real Estate, or an MBA offering three excellent track options. In the Full-time Masters programmes students have the opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge in selected specializations, gain international experience through studying abroad and take advantage of EBS Germany extensive business, social and professional networks.
EBS Germany offers a variety of Masters programs:
- EBS Masters in Management - In the current Global Masters in Management Ranking, published by the Financial Times, EBS Business School at EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht is ranked 12th worldwide. This confirms the high quality of EBS’s Master in Management programme for the third time in a row. EBS is ranked in second place in Germany.
- EBS Masters in Automotive Management - From the very beginning, EBS arranges workshops and internships at companies such as Accenture, BCG, BMW, Opel, Robert Bosch, Audi, Morgan Stanley, P&G, PWC and many others. Graduates of this programme are ideally prepared for a career in the automotive industry (manufacturers and suppliers) or management positions in affiliated service sectors (analytical institutions, banks, consultancies etc.).
- EBS Masters in Finance - As programme partner of the prestigious CFA Institute, the EBS University belongs to a global network of leading financial faculties. In addition, the EBS is the first European educational institution to be certified by the US Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
- EBS Masters in Real Estate - In 2015, the EBS Master of Science in Real Estate ranked 2nd among the 100 best “Real Estate Management” programmes worldwide and 1st in Europe.
The EBS Masters in Management value proposition
The EBS Universität is renowned for excellent research results together with a strong focus on practical use. EBS education courses further are tailor-made for industry’s aspiring management professionals. In July 2016, the EBS Universität became part of the non-profit foundation SRH, in doing so emphasizing its social commitment. Some of its features include -
- Oldest private business school in Germany, located in Wiesbaden and Oestrich-Winkel, in the Rheingau region.
- More than 230 partner universities on all continents.
- More than 10,000 alumni, 3800 of these organized in the EBS Alumni Network, in over 30 countries.
Skills which the EBS MSc values
EBS has one of the most competitive MSc programs in the world and is on the lookout for high potential candidates who exhibit the following skills:
- Good analytical Skills
- Abstract reasoning skills
- Above-average willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Work well under pressure
- Motivated to make a difference
Be sure to mention in your application essays how you exhibit these skills, and back them up with relevant examples.
Want to know your chances at EBS ?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
EBS MSc Eligibility Criteria
- Hold a Bachelor´s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 180 ECTs credits. For applicants who have a degree in another field of study other than Business Administration, they offer a preparatory semester
- Have completed at least ten weeks of internships during or after your first degree
- TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent
- Valid GMAT, GRE or EBSgrad
The Master in Management includes top-quality lectures from experts in their field, a strong practical component, international experience, an internship and visits from corporate partners. The teaching staff comes from a variety of multidisciplinary, specialist and international backgrounds. And there is a strong emphasis on case studies and real-life projects in addition to the traditional lectures so that the programme reflects contemporary management practices. Close interaction with industry leaders and practitioners is also fostered in order to equip students with the skills, competencies and mindset required in today’s global economy.
All Master’s students study the same core modules:
- Research Methods
- Personal Mastery
- Studium Fundamentale
These modules prepare you for empirical research and build leadership skills. Further-more, they give you an understanding of how to handle ethical issues in the workplace and embrace social responsibility.
For two semesters at EBS Business School, Germany you can choose from a range of elective modules. Some students choose a specific set of courses in order to specialize in Finance, Real Estate or Automotive Management. Other students opt for the Master in Management programme and create their own combination of specialist areas.
For two semesters at EBS Germany, you can choose from more than 35 elective modules. Here's a list of electives for specializing in Finance - Asset Pricing & Derivatives, Advanced Management accounting, Advanced Real estate Finance, Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Mergers and acquisitions, Tax transfer Pricing, Advanced Finance: Capital Markets, Alternative investments & Asset Management, Private Wealth Management, Economics of Financial Markets and crises.
Top business leaders need to be comfortable in a global environment. And top universities make sure students get it. At EBS Germany, a semester abroad is a fundamental part of all full-time programmes. After completing your first semester, you will choose the partner university where you would like to spend your semester abroad. Currently,our network includes around 230 renowned universities worldwide. You can pick your exchange semester to complement your general studies or to deepen your knowledge in an area of specialization.
Instead of spending a semester abroad, students with a degree from a non-german-speaking country can spend a further semester at EBS in Germany, giving them the opportunity to learn more about the country and the culture. Over three semesters at EBS Business School, you will be able to improve your German language and inter-cultural skills enormously. And greatly improve your job perspectives in a German multinational organization after your graduation.
Get a Dual Degree
At EBS Germany, it is also possible to earn an international degree, such as an MBA or a specialized Master’s degree, in addition to your EBS qualification by partaking in an extra semester abroad. It is a great opportunity to get more expertise in a wider international context and open up a broader range of career opportunities on the global job market.
Useful Information on the EBS MSc degree
Duration: 20 months.
Tuition Fees for 2017 intake: 7,950 euros per semester
A number of different scholarships are offered, check out the full list here.
Most of the applicants are curious to know about the EBS MSc acceptance rate
EBS Germany has not disclosed any stats on its acceptance rate, but it is safe to be estimated around 20%.
EBS MSc DEADLINE
Application Deadline for 2016 intake:
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 17 May 2017|
|Round 2 18 June 2017|
|Round 3 23 July 2017|
Constituents of the application package
- Proof of first degree (if already available)
- Transcripts i.e. a detailed overview and condensed description of first degree content and (where available) the Diploma Supplement
- Valid GMAT or GRE
- CV with photo (in English)
- Letter of motivation (in English)
- Proof of internship(s) amounting to at least 10 weeks or work experience
- Proof of advanced English language skills (TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent proof)
EBS MSc Student Profile
- Class size : 139
- Average Age : 27
- 65% male intake
- 35% female intake
EBS MSc Placement Statistics
Base Salary of 61,835 Euros.
Employment rate is strong for MiM graduates with a 85% accepted a Job offer within 3 months of graduation.
Overall EBS Placements are pretty good, and hence EBS Masters in Management is an attractive proposition for most people.
Sectors students were placed in:
Consulting 53% Financial Services 15% Real Estate 12% Automotive industry/supplier 6% Consumer Products 6% Electrotechnology and electronics 3% Media and entertainment 3% Other 3%
Some notable companies recruiting from the EBS Masters in Management
JPMorgan Accenture Morgan Stanley Capco - The Capital Markets Company Credit Suisse PricewaterCoopers Roland Berger Holding Unilever Deutschland Holding The Boston Consulting
goetzpartners Corporate Finance
Next in the EBS MSc Review, find all the application essay questions listed below.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS [Needs to be edited]
The EBS MSc application comprises of 1 long essay of 1500 words. EBS Germany takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top notch.
EBS MSc Long Essays
Question 1 (600 words)
How will the Masters in Management help you grow academically, professionally and personally?
Question 2 (400 words)
How will you impact the EBS community?
Question 3 (Global MiM applicants only)
Global MiM applicants will be required to complete an additional video essay component of the application via Kira Academic. You will receive the details of how to access your video questions via Kira within one week of submitting your application.
EBS MSc Short Questions
The EBS Application consists of several short questions which in many ways supplement your essay questions and cover different areas of your profile. Don't make the mistake of under estimating these short questions and make sure they add to the profile you have created in your long essays and don't just reiterate what you have already mentioned.
- Do you feel that your academic performance so far gives an accurate indication of your potential for success on the programme? If so, why? If not, why not?
- Please detail here any other achievements that you feel give an indication of your potential for success at London Business School, such as other qualifications earned or volunteer work.
- If you will graduate from your current studies after submitting your application, what do you plan to do in the time you have prior to the start of the programme?
- If you have already graduated, what activities are you planning between now and the start of the Masters in Management / Global Masters in Management in September?
- What are your post-MIM/GMIM career goals? Please state your ideal sector, role and function (300 words max)
- What would be your Plan B career goals? (300 words max)
- Tell us about your main interests and activities in your free time
- Please tell us your most significant international experiences to date: (100 words max)
- What's your main reason for wanting to do this programme at this point in your career?
- Based on your current knowledge of the programme, what do you think will be the key challenges for you during the Masters in Management, both academically and personally? How do you intend to overcome these challenges? (300 words max)
- We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with, and what was the response?
As you can see the EBS's Masters in Management application is pretty extensive, & this is a good thing as they want to ensure only top quality students make it through the application process. So make sure you have really great essays and terrific LOR's as they WILL make or break your case.
Once you are done with your application , the EBS board reviews it and if shortlisted you would be called for a Interview round for the EBS MiM .
We hope the EBS MSc Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced by the EBS Germany Site, and for more data you should visit there.
Find more information on the degree
Want to improve your chances of an admit at EBS?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.
The experience was awesome and I could not ask for more. I found MIM website while searching in Google randomly. I posted a few questions in the live chat section and got answers. I had not paid for any of their services but they answered my queries regardless of this. I got a free profile evaluation as well. This is one thing I really liked about MIM. When you cannot figure out the authenticity of admission consultants these days, MIM's way of 'try and see' is much appreciable and shows that they are not just money grabbers. Their website itself provide you enough details about different bschools, how to write essays, etc. And for those who need personalized assistance, they can buy their services and it surely helps a lot. This transparency and helping mentality of MIM is what I really liked about them. I took their essay editing, resume and interview prep packs. I was really happy with all these services. I would say it really helped me to stick to the time frames, especially since I was doing my applications along with my job.