What is the EDHEC MiM Review?
The EDHEC MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at EDHEC Business School and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Masters in Management application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
The EDHEC Maters in Management (MIM) is a 2-year full-time program awarding a double degree. A Masters in Management & Masters in Science. The Grande Ecole program is specifically designed to prepare students for an international career in Management or Finance. The EDHEC MiM review aims to provide potential applicants with a glimpse of the program offered by EDHEC. The program has two aspects to the degree - Financial Economics track and Business Management track. Financial Economics provides a rich set of 4 specialized masters leading to careers in asset-and-risk management, corporate finance, trading, banking, accounting and international finance. Business Management offers 6 Masters of Science specifically designed for careers in management with specializations in marketing, strategy, law, entrepreneurship, and global business.
Business Management Curriculum
The primary focus in EDHEC MiM Review is the business management track. As mentioned before, the business management curriculum is designed to provide students with the required competencies for an international career in management. This program is taught at their Lille campus and offers students the option of the double degree in Management and Science. Students study the fundamentals of business management in their first year. It is followed by a gap year. Students participate in an internship/exchange to put to practical use the knowledge gained. After the gap year, the students have the option to elect for a second master in science at EDHEC or a partner university.
Another option that students can go for is the EUROPEAN APPRENTICESHIP TRACK. It provides a unique opportunity to gain professional experience while studying. This program has a track record of placing over 850 apprentices with 300 partner companies offering a curriculum that meets the demands of the students and the company, providing the opportunity to gain a rapid start to your career. It alternates between 1 week of classroom attendance and 3 weeks in the company, offering the unique option of combining theory and practice, to develop highly marketable skills.
The EDHEC Masters in Management value proposition
- The program has been consistently ranked in the top 20 by Financial Times Rankings for MiM over the past couple of years. In 2016 Financial Times Ranking, it ranks 15th.
- EDHEC holds triple accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB, and AMBA.
- The EDHEC Business school has two campuses in France - one in Lille and one in Nice. The business management curriculum is taught at the Lille campus and the financial economics curriculum is taught at the Nice campus. Other campuses include those in Paris, Singapore, and London.
- The school offers exchanges and double degrees with over 120 leading partner universities.
- Students gain international exposure through internships abroad as well.
- The program has an uncommon focus on research and associated universities and corporates benefit from this research.
- It also benefits from the close ties with leading companies and support of its corporate sponsors such as PwC, Unilever, Carrefour, SwissLife, Capgemini Consulting etc.
- Students engage in community projects and student organizations with a team spirit that also helps establish lasting connections with over 30,000 EDHEC alumni.
Want to know your chances at EDHEC?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Useful Information on the MiM degree
Duration: 2 Years + (1 Gap year in between for internship)
Location: Lille, France
Final Application Deadline for 2017 intake: 30th June 2017 (Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis)
International Candidates are recommended to apply by April for sufficient time for visa, accommodation etc.
Program Start: September 2017 (Free Mandatory French Courses at the beginning)
Average Salary: $57,119
Tuition Fees for 2016 intake: £30,000 for European and Non-European students
£207 supplement for students below 28 and not covered by social security in their home country.
EDHEC Business school also offers a variety of scholarships to support candidates based on their profile, merit, and financial situation.
The Excellence scholarship for outstanding profile candidates applying before 31st March 2017 results in a reduction of 40% of tuition fees.
The Distinction Scholarship worth a reduction in tuition fees of 30% and the Foundation Scholarship worth a reduction in tuition fees of 20% for high-profile candidates applying before the 30th June 2017.
Entry Requirements for the MiM program
- 3-year or 4-year bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- Academic excellence
- GMAT ≥ 550
GRE, Tage Mage or CAT (for Indian students only)
- Proof of English Proficiency
o TOEFL internet-based > 95 and TOEFL 603/250
o TOEIC > 815
o IELTS 6.5
o UCLES: Pass
o Cambridge Test of English/CPE
Constituents of the application package
- Online Application Form. The form can be accessed here.
- One recent identity photograph (Passport Size)
- One certified copy of your birth certificate or passport
- Official Transcripts of grades and certified or notarized photocopy of degrees and certifications
- If yet to graduate, progress report with expected graduation date
- Personal Resume/CV
- 2 Recommendation Letters (1 academic referee required)
- Application form for scholarship (if seeking scholarship)
- Application fee of 100 Euros
- Motivation Letter
Average age 23 years old
Age range: 21 to 27 years
Number of nationalities: 50
Average GMAT score: 625
Previous academic background:
80% hold a 4 year BA degree
14% hold a 3 year BA degree
6% hold a Master degree
42% - literature and business
28% - business or management
22% - engineering
8% - finance or economics
Average experience: 7 months
Career Development Centre
The TI&CD (Talent Identification and Career Development) is a comprehensive career development program specifically designed to help students design and achieve career goals from year 1.
The career center at EDHEC supports students with:
- Individual Coaching
- Career Days: Sessions and Workshops
- Recruiting events
- Networking with professionals
- Alumni spotlights and mock interviews
- Business games
- Career chats
- Job and internship offers
EDHEC MiM Placement Statistics
|Africa/ Middle East||3%|
52% found their first job before the end of their studies
40% of first jobs were abroad
70% have international function
Some notable companies recruiting from EDHEC
|Accenture||EY||Procter & Gamble|
|Decathlon||Mondelez International||Taj Societe Davocats|
|Deezer||Nestle||The Boston Consulting Group|
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
Statement of Intent
EDHEC requires a Letter of motivation a part of MiM application. The template is provided by the schools. You are required to write your essay answering the following essay question:
1) What are your career’s goals and how would the Master in Management programme contribute to them?
2) Why do you believe your academic and professional background and personal characteristics equip you to follow the chosen programme and to make a positive contribution to it?
3) How your personality and your experiences have prepared you to function as a team member and group leader in an international and culturally diverse environment?
4) Why are you applying for this programme and why do you want to study in France?
Your essay should be typed and double-spaced. Type your name and the programme for which you are applying for at the bottom of each page. Staple these pages together with this sheet on top.
Your essay should not be any longer than 1500 words.
Please remember that your statement of intent is a very important part of your application which will help the Admissions Committee understand your personality, motivation, and the potential for management as well as the contribution you would make to the chosen program as a member of its entering class of 2016.