What is the ESADE MiM Review?
The ESADE MiM Review aims to provide students with a brief understanding of the MSc in International Management program offered by ESADE Business School in Spain and to help them reach a conclusion as to whether the program would be a good for the professional development of their careers. The review comprises of a brief review along with details of the application process, class profile and placement statistics upon graduation as collected from the school’s website and brochure.
The program offered by ESADE in this category is a Masters in International Management.
The aim of this unique program is to focus on global growth strategies and international relations aiming to teach its students to understand how the business world will change in the coming decade. From what we've seen, ESADE is one of Europe's top 5 business schools which includes all their master's programs and the MBA program. What this means is that you get access to a very good alumni network.
The school is a multicultural hub with over 70 nationalities on campus and is located in the dynamic, cosmopolitan Mediterranean city of Barcelona. With a good diversity, international mobility is better as corporates look for a diverse set of candidates.
- It is ranked as the 9th best MiM program worldwide by the Financial Times 2016 Masters in Management ranking.
- It is ranked number three for international mobility and number eight for career progression.
- It has been consistently ranked in the top 10 over the past several years.
- The program offers language studies in Spanish, German & French and students are compulsorily required to choose one of these languages during the course of their studies.
- You get the opportunity to travel the world through international study tours and optional overseas internship.
- The program offers flexibility in courses tailored to your professional goals and this customization comes through your choice of elective courses, areas of specializations, seminars, study tours, final project and language courses.
- It is also the only Spanish school to offer a CEMS MiM program which has its own requirements including additional language requirements. You can check out the eligibility criteria here.
- Students may opt to get a double degree internally or externally from partner institutions. This requires an additional 12-18 months while gaining two qualifications. For pursuing your External Double Degree in Management, you get a chance to spend 12 more months at one of the prestigious partner institutions of ESADE in Canada, Brazil, Finland, Italy Holland, or Switzerland. An external degree also means that you get access to both alumni networks of two different b-schools.
- For Internal Double Degree, you can make a choice between MSc in International Management, MSc in Marketing Management and MSc in Innovation & Entrepreneurship for a wider business education plus professional expertise, giving you additional career options.
ESADE offers a variety of Masters programs:
- MSc in Finance
MSc in Finance specialization helps to gain an international perspective on global markets by analyzing corporate financial decision-making processes and studying financial statements in detail.
Mastery over the essential finance tools and concepts, with a broad overview of capital markets and the corporate world.
You get an in-depth understanding of your chosen field through specialized ways: Corporate Financial Management or Asset Management and Banking.
- MSc in Global Strategic Management
This specialization will allow you to develop a deep insight into how global business works.
You study the program in Lingnan (University) College in Guangzhou (China), the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia (USA) and ESADE in Barcelona. This program helps broaden your horizons and prepare for a global business career anywhere in the world.
This programme is designed to equip you with both the soft and analytical skills necessary for your future global career. Living and studying on three continents with peers from all over the world will provide you with resilience, cross-cultural skills, and flexibility to adapt to any global mind-set.
- MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship will prepare you to become a successful entrepreneur/intrapreneur and practice innovation professionally.
This programme is designed to equip you with the core essentials of entrepreneurial management and explore areas such as opportunity appraisal and the design of conceptual business models.
The ultimate goal of this Master's programme is to prepare you for leadership and innovation administration in all its ambits, from managing corporate innovation systems (new products, services, business models and processes) to creating new business opportunities and models (entrepreneurship).
- MSc in International Management
This specialization will teach how to enhance and develop the skills and knowledge required to succeed in changing business arena.
You get an opportunity to learn the art of leadership and discover ways to deliver inclusive and appropriate solutions to management challenges in culturally diverse and/or sensitive areas of the world.
The Master in International Management's being of flexible nature, you will be able to adapt the programme to your own preferred learning style, ensuring that it fits your personal career goals.
- MSc in Marketing Management
MSc in Marketing Management offers an opportunity to tailor your programme by focusing on brand/communication, sales, or research/consulting to match your career goals.
The programme is designed to help you succeed in the ultra-competitive and multicultural Marketing workplace. You can also grasp the main elements of marketing strategy through real-life situations (such as sales force, market research, promotions, etc.) and how to apply them in complex market environments
ESADE MSc in Management + CEMS MiM programme
ESADE acts as the only participant and founding member of CEMS in Spain. It offers an opportunity to obtain two renowned international degrees, combining an ESADE MSc in Management degree with the CEMS MiM.
This program has a duration of one year and divided into three terms.
The CEMS MiM can be combined with any of the above mentioned MSc in Management programmes, excluding the MSc in Global Strategic Management.
Here are some benefits of ESADE CEMS MiM: -
- Get International course experience
- Practical know-how through cooperation with multinational companies
- Top-ranked universities
- Build valuable professional and personal contacts through a close community
- Theoretical foundation based on state-of-the-art research results
- Exceptional career entry perspectives
Next, in the ESADE Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at the eligibility criteria and application process of ESADE.
Want to know your chances at ESADE?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Constituents of Application Package
- Online Application Form
- University Transcripts & Degree (if available)
- Certificate of Language Proficiency (if required)
- GMAT or GRE Score
- Application Essays
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport
- Photo (recent passport size photo with white background)
- Application fee of €135
- Bachelor's degree. For students who have a bachelor's degree in a field other than business administration, there is a pre-programme designed to bring them up to speed. It is normally held between July and September.
- GMAT or GRE. The average GMAT score ranges between 640 and 670 across the programs and the average GRE percentile is around 75% for both Verbal and Quantitative sections.
- Proficiency in English or a TOEFL score of 100+ equivalent in English Proficiency tests. Alternatively, students who have studied at an English-speaking university for at least 3 years do not require certifications.
- No previous work experience or knowledge of Spanish is required.
Application deadline for 2017 intake:
Deadline Rounds Application Package Complete
1st Round 4 OCT 2016
2nd Round 29 NOV 2016
3rd Round 17 JAN 2017
4th Round 14 FEB 2017
5th Round 7 MAR 2017
6th Round 4 APR 2017
7th Round 16 MAY 2017
8th Round 13 JUN 2017
Next, in the ESADE Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at some relevant details about the MSc IM program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Duration: 10 months.
Tuition Fees for 2017 intake: €26,500 for all MSc programs in management.
€36,500 for MSc + CEMS.
(The tuition fees includes teaching, academic material, and the obligatory language courses but does NOT include study tours or exchange programs).
Estimated Monthly Expenses: Accommodation (€400) + Utilities (€80) + Groceries (€200) + Cafeteria (€115) + Transportation (€60) + Sports (€45) + Misc Expenses (€300).
ESADE offers a range of scholarships via study assistance funds, merit & need-based scholarships as well as student loan programs.
Class Profile at ESADE MiM
- 130 participants
- Average age 23
- Average GMAT 646
- Average Work experience 1 year
- 90% International student
- 30 nationalities
- 33% Female
ESADE MiM Placement Statistics
Average Starting Salary of €23,923(Spain) and €52,231(International)
90% of students secured job offers within 3 months of graduation.
30% of students found employment outside their home country.
Sectors students were placed in:
|Marketing & Sales||19%||€42,581|
Some notable companies recruiting from ESADE include:
Consulting: Accenture, BCG, Deloitte, JP Morgan, McKinsey, PwC.
Finance: Merrill Lynch, BNP Paribas, Citi, Credit Suisse, UBS Investment Bank.
Industry: Bacardi, Burger King, Dropbox, Facebook, Google, L'Oreal, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble.
Lastly, in the ESADE MiM Review, we are going to look at the application essay questions.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
Personal Essays (each question is limited to 1500 characters including spaces)
1) Complete ONE of the following questions to share with the admissions team your global mindset and the attributes/competencies you consider crucial to master in order to succeed in a diverse environment (personal, academic and professional career).
- Which country/culture do you consider the most different from your own? Why? If you would be sent there, how would you adapt? How would you help somebody from that country to adapt to your own?
- Are there any attributes and competencies you consider crucial to succeed when dealing with diversity in the corporate world? Are those different to the ones you would use in your personal life?
- Share with us the most amazing experience you have had far away from your comfort zone? And the most shocking one? And the worse?
2) Why do you think ESADE's MSc Programmes in Management are a good fit for you?
3) Describe your mid-term and long-term visions for your post-MSc Programme in Management career path. What is it about ESADE you think will help you reach your goals?
4) Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include gaps in employment, your undergraduate record, plans to retake the GMAT or any other relevant information.
Your essays are an essential part of your application, make sure you refine it a number of times and have it proofread by a number of people.