Unsure If Your Profile Will Get YOU Into Your Target Schools?
What is the ESCP Europe MiM Review?
The ESCP Europe MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at ESCP and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the ESCP MiM application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
ESCP is the oldest business school in the world and features among the top 3 Grand Ecoles of the French educational system, which are known for its high standards of education and strict admission policies. As a result ESCP, ESSEC and HEC are known to cater only to the best of the best students and hence have a very good reputation in France and surrounding countries.
One of the major reasons why ESCP is not so well known in the international circles is that it does not offer a dedicated MBA program and hence is not counted in most of the business school rankings which feature only MBA's.
But in the EU, ESCP has a very good brand name.
Apart from the MiM ESCP offers a very prestigious Executive MBA program and a range of specialized master programs, including a Masters in European Business.
- The MiM is one of the flagship programs for ESCP and hence a lot of investment and time is dedicated to it, to make sure its quality of education is top notch.
- It has been consistently ranked in the top MiM schools for several years. In 2017 Financial Times Ranking, it ranks 6th
- A unique opportunity to study in up to 4 of the 6 campuses of ESCP while doing your MiM. All the campuses are in major European cities such as Paris, London, Berlin, Madrid, Warsaw & Turin. You can gain an MSc degree in the respective country as well as a MiM from ESCP if you avail the opportunity to study in multiple campuses.
- 4 unique seminars, one in each semester. Each seminar is centered around a different business topic, the most notable being a visit to the European parliament in Strasbourg and experiencing a live session.
- A large number of specializations to choose from, also ESCP is one of the very few schools where you can even opt for a double specialization. One in each of the last semesters. This can be a really big plus point on your CV.
- The main campus in Paris is located in the center of the city and offers a variety of sports on and off campus.
- The option to pursue apprenticeship programs, take a gap year, a gap semester or do summer internships. One thing to note here is that ESCP requires one to validate a certain amount of work experience before graduating. So if you are non-experienced you will have to take a gap year and complete some internships.
- A lot of networking opportunities via campus fairs and company networking events.
- A huge number of scholarships awarded to students based on their application and profile.
Here are some highlights about few campuses:-
- London Campus - The London campus is located in the most renowned world business center where a dominant business culture prevails separate to continental Europe, it enriches the programmes through an outstanding learning experience, providing great opportunities to work with world-class companies. It offers the different specializations such as: -
- MSc in Marketing & Creativity
- MSc in Energy Management
- Paris Campus - In France, ESCP Europe is one of the most prestigious Grande Ecoles in the country. Paris offers large numbers of specialization. Some are offered in the English language, as mentioned below: -
- Marketing Manager
- Business Consulting
- Law etc..
- Berlin Campus - In Germany, the ESCP Europe Wirtschaftshochschule Berlin is recognized as an independent scientific university. It offers the following specializations: -
- Master in International Sustainability Management
- Master in International Sales Management
- Warsaw Campus - In September 2015, ESCP Europe via a strategic alliance with the Warsaw-based Kozminski University established its sixth European campus, Kozminski University is the only business school in Central and Eastern Europe with triple accreditation (AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB).
- Turin Campus - The Italian Campus was founded in March 2004. The ESCP Europe Turin Campus is a young campus having strong links with the business community. It offers the following specializations: -
- Master in International Food & Beverage Management
- Madrid Campus - Madrid is home to some of the best business schools in the world, offering a diverse and international community that provides a chance to study alongside students from around the world. It is also one of the most affordable cities for students in Europe. It offers various specializations such as: -
- MSc in Marketing & Digital Media
- MSc in Business Project Management
- MSc in Hospitality & Tourism Management
In ESCP, it is obligatory to spend one semester in three campuses, hence throughout your degree, you can live in up to 3 campuses.
Next in the ESCP Europe Masters in ManagementReview we are going to look at the eligibility criteria and application process of ESCP Europe.
Want to know your chances at ESCP?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
ESCP offers several ways to apply to the school. The most convenient way for international students is the SAI application procedure, for EU non-french students the EMAT is a more suitable option, while French students are advised to apply via CAD.
ESCP Europe MiM Application via SAI
The SAI or Service des Admissions Internationales is the common selection procedure for a consortium of 5 schools HEC, ESCP, Emlyon, Skema & Audencia Nantes. Via this application you can directly apply to all 5 schools with the same essays & LOR's. ESCP has lately started its own direct admission for international students, though most of the application requirements are the same between the two procedures.
- Autumn session: October 10, 2017.
- Winter session: January 8, 2018.
- Spring session : February 20, 2018.
- Summer session : April 17, 2018.
Application Requirements (common for all 5 schools)
Constituents of Application Package
- Online application form.
- Application Essays - 4 short essays of 500 characters each.
- GMAT/GRE/ CAT/ TAGE MAGE.
- One page CV.
- 2 Letter of recommendations.
- A copy of college transcript.
- IELTS or TOEFL or TOEIC (for TAGE mage takers).
- Application fee of €180.
Supporting Documents for the Global Admission Test
The following supporting documents must be uploaded to the online application system, to accompany your completed application form:
- GMAT, GRE, CAT or TAGE-MAGE
- TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS or Cambridge
- Degree certificate/diploma, if available
- Grade transcripts covering all years of university study*
- Proof of identity - passport, id card, birth certificate
- Passport photo
application fee of €170
|Application deadline||2nd round invitations||Interviews||Admissions results|
|Berlin||October 29, 2017||November 3, 2017||November 8, 2017||November 23, 2017|
|November 19, 2017||November 27, 2017||December 5, 2017||February 27, 2017|
|January 14, 2017||February 6, 2017||12-14 February||February 27, 2017|
|February 18, 2017||March 14, 2017||21-23 March||April 12, 2017|
|April 22, 2017||May 15, 2017||23-25 May||June 18, 2017|
|London||January 8, 2017||January 24, 2017||31 Jan - 13 Feb||February 27, 2017|
|February 20, 2017||March 12, 2017||21-23 March||April 12, 2017|
|April 17, 2017||May 14, 2017||9-11 May||June 18, 2017|
|Madrid||January 15, 2017||January 22, 2017||5-6 February||February 27, 2017|
|February 19, 2017||February 26, 2017||12-13 March||April 12, 2017|
|April 30, 2017||May 7, 2017||21-22 May||June 18, 2017|
|Paris||November 1, 2017||November 8, 2017||13-14 November||November 23, 2017|
|January 12, 2017||January 30, 2017||7-9 February||February 27, 2017|
|February 20, 2017||March 12, 2017||26-28 March||April 12, 2017|
|April 17, 2017||May 14, 2017||28-30 May||June 18, 2017|
|Turin||November 1, 2017||Shortly||13-14 November||November 23, 2017|
|January 8, 2017||after the||February 12, 2017||February 27, 2017|
|February 20, 2017||application||March 29, 2017||April 12, 2017|
|April 17, 2017||is submitted.||May 21, 2017||June 18, 2017|
Next, in the ESCP Europe Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at some relevant details about the MiM program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Duration: 22 months
Location: Paris, London, Berlin, Turin, Madrid, Warsaw
Tuition Fees: €15,200 for EU citizens per year
€19,300 for non-EU citizens per year
ESCP offers a huge number of merit scholarships (25%, 50% or 100% of 1st-year tuition fees), check out the full list here
Alternatively paid internships, campus jobs & apprenticeship programs are a great way to sustain yourself abroad
Monthly cost of living in Paris, Berlin, Turin & Madrid: 850 Euros+
London : 1000 Euros+
Class Profile of ESCP Europe MiM
- 45% - French.
- 24% - Other European.
- 31% - Non-European.
- 21 - 26 years .
- 46% earn a dual degree: the ESCP Europe Master in Management degree.
plus a second degree from UK, Germany, USA etc
- Average Graduating Classsize: 900 across all campuses
Post-Graduation opportunities for ESCP Europe MiM graduates
Average Starting Salary of €49,904
96% find a job within 3 months of graduation.
64% employed before graduation.
44% begin their career outside their country of origin.
16 months of work experience on graduation.
ESCP Europe MiM Placements
Some notable companies recruiting from ESCP Europe-
Finance: Societe Generale, BNP Paribas , UBS, KPMG, PwC.
Consulting: McKinsey , BCG, Accenture, Deloitte, Strayegy&, Mazars, Accuracy.
Corporate Sectors: Google, LVMH, L'Oreal, Dropbox, P&G, R&B, Coca Cola, GE.
Check out the full placement report (Class of 2015) here.
Drop us a message and we would get you in touch with some current ESCP MiM students.
Lastly, in the ESCP Europe MiM Review, we are going to look at the application essay questions.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
Under the Direct route of application, ESCP Europe requires the following 3 essays of 200 words each-
1. Please comment on an international experience that has influenced you in particular and explain why?
2. Please comment on your most significant work experience.
3. Please comment on the positions of responsibility you have held at school, in clubs and/or societies (Outline hobbies, general interests, and other activities)
Note: The application through International Direct Admissions will begin by late October. Currently SAI applications are open
Via the SAI process you can apply to 5 schools (HEC, ESCP, Emlyon, Skema & Audencia Nantes) via the same application. At application fees of €180 that is a very good deal, considering the fact that usually, single college applications are well over €80.
The SAI process is a very efficient one with clear guidelines and a transparent application procedure.
It requires 4 short essays of 500 characters each.
The 500 character limit makes the job of fitting in all your life's work in that tiny space very difficult.
You really need to make sure that each & every word that you include is benefiting your application. Another thing to consider is whether the overall picture that you are presenting, is well rounded or not.
Hence it is a very good idea to spend hours if not days perfecting your essay and having it edited by a number of different sources so that it is an easy and informative read.
Check out our Essay editing services, we are extremely proficient in editing the SAI application essays & can ensure that your application shines amongst the competition.
The 4 short essay questions are:
- Which personal achievements are you most proud of?
- Describe a situation where you failed. What lessons did you learn from it?
- Why is your application an added-value for the SAI member schools?
- Describe your extra-curricular activities over the last few years (leisure time, social life, clubs, volunteer work, etc.)?
The strongest advice for these essays would be, make each and every word count. You can check out ESCP Sample Essays for deeper insights on how to write the specific MiM essays for ESCP Europe.
We hope the ESCP MiM Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced by the ESCP MiM Site, and for more data, you should visit there.
Find more information on the degree
Want to improve your chances of an admit at ESCP?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.
Check out what our clients say
The most important point while writing an application is to decide what you want to include in the essays. This is the most challenging part of the application and the foundation to build your application. According to my experience MIM-Essay team has a very strong expertise in that area. They know what the top schools value and help draft your essays accordingly. This expertise in choosing the content of the essay greatly improved my application. The essays written by you may be good but theirs will be better. If I had to go over the application all over again, I will blindly choose them.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the MiM-Essays team, in preparation for my applications. My editor, Abhyank, was extremely attentive and helpful throughout the whole process, guiding me through each step, and encouraging me to continue writing during my moments of weakness. We started off with an hour-long Skype conversation after which he made an excel chart of all my accomplishments, strengths and weaknesses, grouped into easily-applicable categories. This really helped me come up with ideas for my essays, and address specific experiences to answer specific questions, because I was able to see the highlights of my life on a single page, and present myself in the best possible way. Abhyank also paid meticulous attention down to the vocabulary level, and his advice really honed and perfected my essay, all without distorting my unique tone and style. As a result, I was accepted to LBS, HEC & ESCP, with scholarships! I wholeheartedly recommend them.