What is the Imperial College MiM Review?
The Imperial College MiM review is about Imperial College Business School's MSc in Management program. This review is useful for people who have a non-business background and are enthusiastic to gain a quick understanding of Management subjects to kick start their career in the world of business. This review will help you in deciding whether it would be a correct choice to apply for MSc in Management at Imperial College Business School, London. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Imperial College Business School's application process & its essays, the entry requirements and placements statistics upon graduation are presented.
Established in 1907, the Imperial College London is regarded as one of the most prestigious institutes in the world. The Imperial College Business School was opened by Queen Elizabeth II in 2004.
In 2016, Imperial College Business School ranked 2nd in the UK and 12th in Europe overall, according to the Financial Times. The Financial Times has ranked the MSc Management Program 1st in the UK in 2011 and 2013.
According to The New York Times, recruiters from around the world consider its students among the top ten most valued graduates in the world. In 2016 the Complete University Guide ranked Imperial College London as having the highest student graduate prospects in the United Kingdom.
There is a high demand for graduates in the business world, who have a strong foundation in management skills and are prepared to hit the ground running. Imperial College Business School offers an intensive one-year full-time program to prepare recent non-business graduates for a wide range of careers in the world of business. The graduates possess a competitive edge in the job market. In addition to the nine core management modules, it gives you four additional pathways:
- The Digital Business pathway provides economic and analytical foundation foundations to succeed in the world of Digital Business.
- The Energy Business pathway focuses on the challenges faced by energy sector.
- The Management Science and Operations Pathway focuses on improving managerial decision making with a focus on analysing data.
- The Strategy and Leadership pathway derives concepts from strategic management and helps you in honing your leadership skills.
Imperial offers a variety of Masters programs:
MSc Management is an intensive, one-year, full-time programme that prepares recent graduates for a wide range of careers in management, such as consultancy and financial services.
The programme has a distinguishing blend of business-focused learning which covers theory and its practical application in the real world. You will gain practical experience through case studies and hands-on project experience via the Consulting Project.
MSc Finance is a one-year, full-time programme with a proven track record of getting students the best jobs in the finance industry such as investment banking, asset management and consultancy.
MSc Finance provides a unique combination of a broad range of topics, latest research, and practical application.
MSc Business Analytics
MSc Business Analytics is a one-year, full-time programme that prepares graduates for a future of data and evidence-based decision making.
With the help of world-class faculties, you will learn how to apply the latest academic thinking and analytical and computing tools to help make better business decisions.
Next in the Imperial College MSc in Management review we are going to talk about the application process and the eligibility criteria for Imperial College’s MSc in Management.
To become eligible to apply for the program you should normally have:
- A non-business undergraduate degree at First or 2:1 Honours level, having graduated in June 2014 or later
- A well-researched career plans with clear short and long term goals.
- English language test results (if applicable).
- Work experience is not a requirement, although undertaking relevant internships and work placements will add weight to your application.
- GMAT is NOT required, but a well-balanced GMAT score of 650 or higher will add weight to your application. GMAT is highly recommended for candidates from less quantitative degree backgrounds. The current class average GMAT is 653.
The Imperial College Business School does NOT accept candidates whose degrees are in business or management. If your degree contains modules similar to more than one-quarter of the MSc Management programme you will not be eligible.
The admissions process is divided into three main parts:
- Application process: Submit your application through the online application system.
- Interview stage: If selected, you will be invited to interview. This will be through their video interview platform, which you can access online to record and submit your answers; occasionally you may be interviewed via Skype or telephone instead.
- Application result: You will be notified informally via email and officially via eService with the result of your application. If you are successful you can then meet your conditions of the offer, accept your place and pay your deposit.
As part of your application, you will be required to provide the following:
- Full transcripts of your degree level study to date.
- Personal statement.
- Career planning essays.
- Quantitative experience statement.
- Two references and their contact details – at least one of which must be academic.
- Non-refundable application fee of, £50.
- English language test results (if applicable).
- GMAT (recommended but not compulsory).
The normal application processing time is approximately 6-8 weeks.
|Application round||Deadline for applications||Notification of decision|
|Round 1||5 January, 2018||23 February, 2018|
|Round 2||1 March, 2018||27 April, 2018|
|Round 3||4 May, 2018||28 June, 2018|
To avoid delays, you should submit a complete application, uploading all requested documentation, and supplying correct referee details through their online application system. Kindly note that your referees won’t be contacted until you have completed and submitted your application. Please also note that you should not send in hard copies of documents when submitting an application.
In the next section of Imperial College MSc in Management Review, we are going to provide information about career prospects, fees, and destination of MSc Management graduates.
Want to know your chances at Imperial College London?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Fees and Scholarship
The fee for MSc Management in 2018 is £27,000. The fee is same for both UK and international students.
More information about scholarship and funding can be found here.
You can also use this scholarship finding tool.
92% of MSc Management 2015 graduates were employed within three months of completing the program. Below is a list of companies where some of the graduates are now working:
Sectors students were placed in:
Some notable companies recruiting from Imperial
|Bain & Company||IBM||PwC|
|CITI||J P Morgan||Roland Berger|
|Deloitte||Johnson & Johnson||SIEMENS|
|EY||KPMG||TATA Consultancy services|
|London Stock Exchange||Unilever|
|gsk||McKinsey & CompanyMicrosoft|
The Careers and Professional Development Services offer-
- One to one support-The expert consultants will interact with you throughout the year. They will help you in identifying your strengths, improving your CV, honing your interview skills and assist you in reviewing your overall career strategy.
- Online Career Modules-Before starting the programme you will be given access to a suite of online career modules. These modules will give you a brief idea about the job market and the perspective of recruiters.
- Workshops- You will get guidance in preparing your CVs, cover letters and applications forms. You will also be able to enhance your presentation, networking and cross-culture team work skills.
- Networking- The Employer Relations team will bring you closer to your potential employers.
Opportunities to explore after class
A postgraduate student at Imperial College Business School gets access to a wide range of practical benefits that have been created to support you in focusing on your career, challenging yourself, expanding your networks, and enjoying your time here.
- Career Club
Career Club aims to bring together MBA and MSc students with similar areas of career interest and/or professional backgrounds.
- Visiting Speakers
At Imperial College Business School, you get an opportunity to get industry insights and a viewpoint about the modern business world from guest lecturers and speakers.
- Student Ambassador Scheme
Via the Student Ambassador Scheme, you get a chance to represent the Business School and your programme, further it helps in building strong network with future students, staff, and alumni at information sessions, recruitment fairs and social events.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
As part of the application form, the following essay questions are asked.
1 Page Statement of Purpose
Typically your personal statement should be one side of A4 and include your motivations for applying to Imperial and your programme of choice, and any other supporting information not included elsewhere on the form.
Essay Questions (300 words each)
- Please describe your short term career goals as specifically as possible (what you hope to do immediately after the MSc and for the next 3 years)
- How do your short term career goals (over the next 3 years) fit in with your longer term career plan.
- Please tell us how your extra-curricular activities (clubs, societies, voluntary work, participation in sport etc) have contributed to your personal development.
- What has been your proudest achievement in the last 4 years?
Your Essays are the most important part of your application, make sure you refine it a number of times and have it read by a number of people, so as to catch any errors you may have missed.
We hope the Imperial College MiM review was able to provide you with ample information about Imperial College’s MSc in Management program. All information has been sourced from the official website. For more information you can visit the official website of Imperial College Business School.