What is the ISB-YLP Review?
The ISB-YLP Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Young Leaders Programme at Indian School of Business and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the ISB YLP application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
The ISB YLP is a foundation programme to transform into exceptional business leaders of tomorrow. This program is an entry route to the PGP at ISB. It prepares the students to focus on their career in a structured method and fast-track their professional growth.
This is a deferred admission option for high potential college students pursuing their Bachelor’s or Master’s education. The admitted students gain a perspective on management education before enrolling into the full-time programme. The program transforms uncertainty into confidence bridging the gap between ambitious dreams and reality with guidance and mentoring from experts. This one-of-a-kind programme identifies potential and cultivates leadership capabilities at the right stage of education.
It is four sessions of Learning Weekends, conducted once in six months providing students an insight to what a B-school education requires. Students develop the right thought processes to enhance corporate problem-solving abilities in these classes. Their awareness of career options and opportunities is improved upon to ensure that they make better decisions. Experts across domains mentor and counsel students, steering them towards the right career moves. They help students identify and heighten leadership potential. Key skills for managers such communication, presentation, and relationship management are also focused on during these sessions. Additionally, students can benefit from networking with their peers, setting up the foundation for successful careers.
For the same, the program selects only immensely talented group of students and facilitates their mentorship to set them on a path of high performance from the start of their career.
ISB offers a variety of Masters programs:
PGP in Management – A one-year programme, ideal for working professionals who want to enhance their careers without a long break from work.
PGP in Management for Working Professionals – A weekend Executive-MBA programme designed to meet career consolidation goals of working professionals and business owners.
PGP in Management for Senior Executives – An Executive-MBA level programme, targeted at high-calibre senior executives, with 10 to 25 years of managerial experience.
PGP in Management for Family Business – A comprehensive general management programme for young family business scions to help take their business forward.
ISB believes in early identification and mentoring of their students potential so that they emerge as global leaders tomorrow. Some of the ISB Advantages are
- Learning and mentorship weekends
- Exclusive YLP-PGP scholarships of INR 1 lakh for every YLP student
- Prequel to a Globally Recognized Management Program, so an assured admission to the ISB Post Graduate Programme
- One of the few schools which undertake research with a focus on emerging and transitional economies, striving to create synergies between India, Asia, and the global business environment.
- The only institution in the world to establish dedicated, research oriented Centres of Excellence which provides a forum where knowledge and understanding od business is fostered
- Great networking opportunities through interactions with industry leaders, current students, and ISB Alumni.
- First business school in South Asia to be recognized by the AACSB.
- Have tie-ups with colleges such as Kellogg, Wharton, LBS, Cornell, etc
Want to know your chances at ISB?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
The Learning weekends, over a duration of 2 years, students are mentored, receive inputs on critical thinking, team building, building consensus, value creation etc. That includes leadership & knowledge sessions with the renowned faculty of ISB and industry leaders. In addition to fundamentals of management education, along with building hard and soft skills, receive inputs on various career choices they can make. These helps to create a plan of action while they are at PGP program.
Young Leaders Programme ISB also provides an opportunity to connect with high-end achievers, great minds, hence, building a network for life
ISB YLP Eligibility Criteria
- Pre-final and Final Year undergraduate and post graduate college students are eligible to apply to the YLP.
Application Fee: INR 1000
- Academic mark sheets and certificates
- One page resume
- Student ID card or letter from college
- GMAT Score
- TOEFL score, if applicable
Duration: 2 years
The selection process is a three-stage one which consists of profile evaluation, analysis of academic and analytical skills, GMAT score, written essays, video presentation and personal interviews.
Admission to the ISB YLP program is a three-stage process.
- Stage 1 - Application form, One essay and Application fee
- Stage 2 - GMAT / GRE score, Two Essays & One Evaluation
- Stage 3 - Face-to-Face interview
The above stages are to evaluate your leadership potential, your academic & analytical credentials, and your personal attributes.
ISB YLP DEADLINE
- Stage 1 - March 25, 2017
- Stage 2 - August 31, 2017
- Stage 3 - September 15 - October 15, 2017
- Results - October 31, 2017
ISB YLP prepares an applicant to face the ISB PGP program in a better way.
Quick Highlights of the ISB PGP program
ISB PGP is a one-year program for individuals willing to make their career in Management Field.
ISB PGP Fees: -
Shared Accommodation – Rs.29,95,750 (Approx. US$ 46212)
Studio Accommodation – Rs.31,28,000 (Approx. US$ 48252)
The above fees are inclusive of Tuition Fees, Cost of Living, and Admission Fees.
You can find information about the scholarship here.
ISB PGP Eligibility
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline
- GMAT / GRE score
- Full-Time work experience of at least 24 months by March 31, 2017
- TOEFL / IELTS / PTE score (it is mandatory if the language of instruction at undergraduate study level is not English)
ISB PGP Student Profile
- Class size – 879
- Avg. Age – 27
- Avg. Work Exp. – 4.6
ISB PGP Placements
Average Salary: Rs 22,58,273
A total of 1151 offers were made by 297 companies who participated in the placements process.
Sectors students were placed in:
|Sales & Marketing||18%|
Some notable companies recruiting from ISB
|Amazon||Accenture||Mc Kinsey & Co|
|E & Y||Schneider Electric|
Next in the ISB Review, find all the application essay questions listed below.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
Option 1: Write about an incident or set of incidents in your life that had the most profound influence on you. While writing this essay briefly mention the incident and the impact it has had on your life. (300 words max)
Option 2: How would you describe yourself as a person and what are the two qualities/skills/attributes that you wish to further develop in yourself through the ISB Young Leaders Programme? (300 words max)
ISP portal is currently close.
As soon as it opens, we will update you
We hope the ISB YLP Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced from the ISB Site, and for more data, you should visit there.