What is the Ivey MIM Review?
The Ivey MIM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at Ivey Business School and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Masters in Management application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
The MiM Ivey Program
Master of science(MSc) in Management or Master of Management programs is structured as pre-experience graduate studies. M.Sc. differs from traditional MBAs in that full-time work experience is not a requirement and most programs have a specialized theme that builds on the foundation of your undergraduate studies. Unlike the MBA, the M.Sc. program at Ivey does not provide foundational business studies, but a focused curriculum to provide a competitive advantage in the market. Often, with the MBA, students are looking for a career transition following their work experience, in function, industry or location. The M.Sc. program at Ivey provides you the opportunity to take control and kick-start your career from your first role.
The direct-entry MiM program is offered in three streams:
- MSc in International Business
The MSc-International Business will immerse you in the some of the most culturally and internationally diverse classes at Ivey, with incoming exchange students from around the world to provide you with the foundation knowledge and skills in international management. At the end of the Ivey MSc Program, you are prepared to move into international business careers where independent research skills and thought leadership are valued careers in consulting, policy and research in a limitless range of industries. In this option, students will spend their in-class time studying at Ivey.
2. MSc in Business Analytics
Ivey's MSc in Business Analytics develops data-driven business decision-making skills through in-class discussion and real-world experiences. The program is broken down into four terms:
- Term 1: Core + Elective Courses
- Term 2: Ivey Analytics Lab
- Term 3: Core + Elective Courses
- Term 4: Core + Analytics Business Project
3. CEMS MiM
Exclusively offered to their MSc in International Business students, the CEMS MIM is a prestigious supranational business designation that is widely acknowledged as the best passport for an international career. You will spend either one of, or both of Terms 3 and 4 studying abroad at a CEMS Partner School. In Fact, Ivey CEMS is the only CEMS in Canada to offer the CEMS MIM.
Ivey MIM SALIENT FEATURES
- 16 month committed to Case-Method Learning program
- Wide variety of specialization – Msc in International Business along with CEMS and last but not least the MSc in Business Analytics
- The Ivey Global Lab is a 10-week summer international practicum that provides students with the opportunity to experience the business and cultural environment of a developing economy while working and interacting with local firms.
- The Ivey Prerequisite Program is an intensive four-week program that begins prior to the start of the program to allow incoming students to complete the Business Studies Prerequisite courses to gain business knowledge.
- Before you start the program, you are required to have completed five prerequisite, introductory university-level courses in business studies. These courses are:
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
- Organizational Behaviour
- Macroeconomics or Finance
- Marketing or Strategy
- Statistics or Operations
Want to know your chances at IVEY?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Duration: 16 months
Location: London, Ontario (Canada)
Ivey Business school Tuition Fees:
|MSc - Domestic Students||$38,588||$40,500|
|MSc IB with CEMS MIM - Domestic Students||$43,588||$45,750|
|MSc - International Students||$55,000||$57,750|
|MSc IB with CEMS MIM - International Students||$60,000||$63,000|
Monthly cost of living in Ontario is around C$1750.
Class Profile of Ivey MSc
Citizenship by Geography
■ Canada (56.9%)
■ China (25.7%)
■ Other* (12.7%)
■ India (4.7%)
Placement records for Ivey Msc graduates
Employment Distribution by Function MSc 2011-2014: as of January 31, 2015
■ Consulting (28.1%)
■ Operations (25.8%)
■ Finance - Corporate Office (11.2%)
■ Marketing (11.2%)
■ Other (10.2%)
■ Sales (9.0%)
■ Finance - Other (4.5%)
Admission Requirements for the MSc program
For the MSc International Business stream:
- A competitive GMAT or GRE score
- For the MSc IB with CEMS stream only: a high level of fluency in a minimum of two languages – see ‘CEMS Languages’ tab
For the MSc Business Analytic stream:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or economics with emphasis on quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated readiness and enthusiasm to translate theoretical concepts and quantitative analysis into meaningful insights as demonstrated through your references, undergraduate experiences and admissions interview
- While a GMAT or GRE score is not required, Without GMAT you could get the admission but it may be recommended to help strengthen your application.
Ivey Application Requirements
- An undergraduate degree received within the past two years
- A strong academic history with a B average achieved during the two most recent years of academic study
- Two reference letters*, at least one from an academic source
- A professional resume
- A foundational knowledge of business concepts and theories
- A strong level of English proficiency – IELTS minimum score of 7 or TOEFL minimum score of 100
- Online video essay
- Possession of stream-specific requirements
Ivey MSc Program scholarships
- Richard Ivey MSc Excellence Awards
Valued at up to $20,000, these awards are available to outstanding candidates pursuing the Ivey MSc program. All candidates are assessed on academic merit, leadership skills, and international engagement.
- Financial Need Awards
Valued at up to $20,000, these awards are available to candidates who indicate a significant financial need in their online application.
*References WILL NOT be contacted by Ivey directly to request reference letters. Instead, applicants must contact references on their own to request a reference letter.
January 2018 Intake
|Application Round||Deadline||Decision Date|
|Early Round||January 30, 2017||March 30, 2017|
|Round 2||May 15, 2017||July 15, 2017|
|Round 3||August 21, 2017||September 30, 2017|
|Round 4||October 2, 2017||November, 2017|
International applications should apply no later than our Round 4 deadline to ensure sufficient time to process the application and apply for any necessary VISAs.
Next in the Ivey MIM Review, find all the application essay questions listed below.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
The Ivey application comprises of 2 essays. Ivey takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top notch.
Ivey MSc application essay Questions
Question 1: Motivation
Please explain to the Admissions Committee your decision to pursue the Ivey MSc. Why are you an ideal candidate for the program and how will the program help you achieve your goals? (500 words or less)
Question 2: Technical and Quantitative Aptitude
The Ivey MSc relies heavily on incoming students' comfort with, and understanding of, various quantitative analysis tools and technical skills. Please explain to the Admissions Committee how you have worked with, developed or demonstrated an understanding of similar tools and skills, and how they will help you to succeed in the program. (500 words or less)
As you can see the Ivey Business School's Masters in Management application is pretty extensive & this is a good thing as they want to ensure only top quality students make it through the application process. So make sure you have really great essays and terrific LOR's as they WILL make or break your case.
You can check out our Essay Editing Service Here
We hope the Ivey Business school's MIM program Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced from the Ivey Business school website, and for more data, you should visit it.