What is the Mendoza MiM Review?
The Mendoza MiM Review is helpful for students who want to get some handy information of the Masters in Management (MiM) or Master of Science in Management program at the University of Notre Dame’s Mendoza College of Business and understand if it is the right choice for them. Along with a brief review of the school, data about the Masters in Management application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are also presented.
Founded in 1921 by Holy Cross Priest, John Francis O’ Hara, Mendoza College of Business is a well-renowned school for graduate studies in Business at University of Notre Dame. This college has been ranked in the A-List of schools for business by Forbes. Mendoza offers a traditionally planned curriculum in consulting, finance, leadership, entrepreneurship, and marketing. The Mendoza College of Business offers one-year accelerated MBA program, an executive MBA program, Masters of Nonprofit Administration, Masters in Management, MSc in Accountancy and various others executive master’s programs. The college even offers joint degree programs with University of Notre Dame’s College of Science, College of Engineering, and Law School. Situated in the state of Northern Indiana, the campus is very near to the metropolitan city of Chicago which brings in a lot of urban culture to a diverse community at the college.
The Mendoza Masters of Science in Management (MSM or MiM) Program Value Proposition
- The Mendoza College of Business’ MiM Program is specially designed for students to provide them with specific business knowledge and skills with an ethics based approach to education.
- The MiM or MSM Program may serve as a bridge program for students with non-business degrees and little or no experience to build the required skills to get good career opportunities.
- This program provides you the opportunity to enhance skills that are valuable to manage an organization, and develop your communication skills to stand out in the crowd.
- Mendoza’s vibrant network of alumni comprises of 10,000+ alumni who stay highly connected and interactive, and together endorse the Mendoza name. As part of the network, graduates are provided with exclusive access to networking opportunities, career services, events, projects, and much more.
- More than 90% of the students of the MMgt Program accepted employment within 3 months of graduation.
- With a smaller class size, learning is practiced comprehensively in a conducive environment with more focus on providing hands-on experience to students.
- The campus is considered to be one of the most beautiful campuses in the United States of America with a designated national monument and green parks all around.
- Program starts in June
The Masters of Science in Management is an 11-month long program which starts in the month of June. It requires the completion of three rigorous terms of study - Summer, Fall, and Spring.
- Credits Requirement
The program requires 38 credits at the end of three terms in order to successfully complete the graduation. Out of the 38 credits required, 12 credits should be earned for the Summer term, 13 for the Fall, and 13 for the Spring term with 2 optional credits for elective courses.
- International Study Trip to China
The program even provides graduates with an opportunity to go for an optional study trip to China to gain more exposure and understanding of business and management skills related to accounting, finance, business ethics and much more.
- Core Courses
The Mendoza College of Business offers innumerate courses for specialized master’s degrees. For the Masters in Management or the MSM Program, some of the core courses include Accounting, Finance Principles, Management Writing, Management Speaking, Marketing Principles, Process Analytics, Statistics and much more. The program offers two elective courses.
For more information on the Mendoza MiM (MSM) Program, click here.
Next in the Mendoza Master in Management Review we are going to look at some more details about the admission requirements and application process for Mendoza College of Business.
Want to know your chances at Mendoza College of Business?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Constituents of the application package
- Unofficial Undergraduate or Graduate Academic Transcripts (GPA, Core, and Elective courses) from all previously attended institutions
- Official test scores GMAT or GRE
- 2 References/Recommendations
- One page Resume/CV
- 1 Picture Essay
- Official Transcripts only at the time of admission
- English Proficiency Test - TOEFL or IELTS for non-English medium students
- Application fees of $ 50
- Students with an undergraduate degree in the field of business are ineligible to apply for the MSM Program.
- Applicants with little or no work experience are eligible to apply for the MSM program.
- Applicants with a business minor or an economics major are eligible to apply for the program.
- Applicants are required to give the GMAT or GRE examinations.
Next, in the Mendoza MiM review, we are going to look at some relevant details about the Masters in Management program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Cost per term : $16,421
Estimated Total Tuition Cost : $49,263
Additional Expenses per term: Books and Course material ($ 750), Room and Board ($3500), Personal Expenses ($2000), and Health Insurance ($450)
Fellowships & Scholarships: There are awarded on merit basis and your leadership qualities. A comprehensive evaluation of your application is done in order to give the final award.
Early - September 26, 2017
Round 1 - November 7, 2017
Round 2 - January 16, 2018
Round 3 - February 20, 2018
Round 4 - April 17, 2018
GENERAL CLASS PROFILE FOR MENDOZA COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Annual Enrollment: 129
Median GMAT: 700
Average GPA: 3.32
Female Students: 28%
Male Students: 72%
International Students: 23%
Mendoza’s MSM students are offered a wide range of opportunities by innovative resources and get huge support to kick-start their careers. Some salient features of the career services are:
- Building Connections
Students of the MSM program work collectively with the assistant director of career services to build a connection with recruiters, employers, and alumni which help you explore new career opportunities.
- Job Opportunities
The Career Services at Mendoza makes sure that they bring into knowledge the various job opportunities and internships available for the students.
- Career and Job Search Methods
This course allows the MSM students to kick start their career development process by providing them with proper management strategies to shape their careers. It focusses on assisting students with tasks like resume writing, preparing for interviews, and soft skills development.
Some events like career fairs, resume writing workshops, career fair preparation, interview skills focus on developing the graduate’s confidence by increasing active participation.
MENDOZA MiM PLACEMENT STATISTICS
With a strongly-knit network of more than 10,000 alumni, the batch of 2016 had an employment of more than 90% after graduation.
Median Base Salary - $105,000
Median Signing Bonus - $20,000
Lastly, in the Mendoza MiM Review, we are going to look at the application essay questions.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
Mendoza Picture Essay Question
As part of a diverse community, our students develop friendships, share their talents, join clubs, and build relationships that last much longer than the 11 months they spend on campus.
We want to know who you are beyond your transcripts and your test scores, so we ask that you upload three photos that represent your passions and personal interests. Then, use your essay to tell us what each photo represents.
What is the purpose of the picture essay question?
The application along with the recommendations, test scores, and resume gives a fair picture of your academic achievements and professional goals. However, this essay question aims to get an insight of your personality. Also, this question tests your communication skills and how well you express your thoughts. Thus, it is more important to focus on the quality of the content instead of the quality of the images you upload.
New to Picture Essay Questions? Want to make a great impact with your essay? Send us a mail at email@example.com, we would be happy to help. 🙂
We hope the Mendoza College of Business’ MiM program Review was useful to you. All the information has been sourced from the Mendoza College of Business website, and for more data, you should visit it.
To know more about Masters in Management (MSM or MiM) in the USA, visit here.
Find more information on the degree