What is the NUS MiM Review?
The NUS MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Master of Science (Management) program at National University of Singapore and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Master of Science (Management) application process and other useful information are presented.
The NUS MiM Review is useful for those who want to pursue the pre-experience MiM from the National University of Singapore. This review will shed light on the eligibility criteria and application process of NUS. TheNational University of Singapore is one of the three largest public and autonomous universities in Singapore. Founded in 1905, it is the oldest institute of higher learning in Singapore. It is the largest university in the country in terms of student enrolment and curriculum offered. NUS is a research-intensive, comprehensive university with an entrepreneurial dimension. NUS is consistently ranked as one of Asia's top universities by both UK ranking systems, the QS World University Rankings and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. According to the latest 2015 QS World University Rankings, NUS is ranked 12th in the world and retained its position as 1st in Asia. NUS also fared well in the 2015-16 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, coming in 26th in the world and 1st in Asia. Alternatively, the ARWU ranking system published by the Shanghai Ranking Consultancy that measures universities academic achievements and research performance consistently places NUS in the range of 100–150 worldwide and 1st in Singapore. Additionally, 2014's U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings places NUS at 55th in the world. In 2015, The Economist ranked NUS Business School 2nd in Singapore and 87th globally. NUS's main campus is located in south-west Singapore at Kent Ridge, with an area of 150 hectares (0.58 sq mi). The Bukit Timah campus houses the Faculty of Law, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy and research institutes, while the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore is located at the Outram campus.
NUS Business School offers the best of global knowledge with deep Asian insights. It prepares students to lead Asian businesses to the forefront of the world economy and helping global businesses succeed in Asia. The one-year Master of Science (Management) programme is designed to provide graduates a solid foundation in key areas of management and a firm grounding in business leadership. The graduates will be equipped with the right skills and advanced knowledge to gain a competitive edge in the job market. NUS in partnership with CEMS Global Alliance provides a prestigious qualification that can only be acknowledged as the best passport to an international career. A double degree with the CEMS Master's in International Management (CEMS MIM). Expect to learn cutting-edge business insights and be groomed into a cosmopolitan leader from their extensive network of global classrooms within 1.5 years. Students will spend six months at NUS and one semester each in two CEMS member schools
The NUS Master in Science Management value proposition
- NUS is Singapore's flagship university, a pioneer in tertiary education. Its 16 faculties and schools across three campus locations in Singapore provide a transformative education that nurtures, stimulates and inspires.
- NUS offers a global approach to education and research with its focus on Asian insights and expertise.
- The NUS Business School is known for its distinguished international faculty educated in renowned universities.
- The school boasts of high research quality and rigorous teaching methods.
- The NUS MSc (Mgt) programme is the only one in Singapore that offers students the option to enrol in the exclusive CEMS MIM programme.
- The MSc (Mgt) programme, with its CEMS alliance, allows students to study alongside a diverse group of individuals from around the world.
- Strategically located, Singapore is a pulsating city and a well-known financial hub that offers a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine and arts.
- NUS has always been ranked under the top 10 business schools of Asia. NUS has 29 members schools and is partnered with more than 60 corporates.
Next in the NUS MiM Review we are going to look at the eligibility criteria and application process of National University of Singapore.
Want to know your chances at NUS?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Entry Requirements for the MiM program
- A good 3/4-year business or business-related undergraduate degree.
- Good TOEFL or IELTS scores. If English is not the mother tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction.
- A good performance in the interview.
- A Letter of Motivation (max: 500 words) outlining the reasons why you want to be part of the programme. Same Letter of Motivation can be used for CEMS MIM application.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Applicants for CEMS MIM must also be proficient in at least one other CEMS language.
- GMAT is not mandatory but candidates with good GMAT scores will be considered favourably for scholarships and preferred CEMS placements.
- No work experience is required. Applicants with more than 2 years of work experience should consider applying to an MBA programme.
TOEFL > 260 for computer-based test. > 620 for paper-based test. > 100 for internet-based test. IELTS score must be at least 7.0
For for the double-master programme with CEMS must be proficient in at least one other CEMS language – Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Czech, Danish, Dutch/Afrikaans, Farsi/Tajik, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Indonesian/Malay, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbo-Croat (Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin), Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Turkish or Vietnamese.
Click here for common CEMS application requirements.
Constituents of the application package
- Your resume.
- Copy of your official identification documents.
- Certified copies of your transcripts/mark sheets and degree certificate.
- A Letter of Motivation.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Proof of financial support.
- GMAT scores (recommended).
- TOEFL / IELTS scores (if applicable).
- Proof of proficiency in any other foreign language declared for CEMS MIM studies (if applicable).
Next in the NUS MiM Review, we are going to look at some relevant details about the MiM program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Duration- 12 months.
Location- 21 Lower Kent Ridge Rd, Singapore 119077.
NUS MiM Fees
- An acceptance fee of S$500which is payable upon admission into the programme.
- A tuition fee of S$15,000to be paid in full upon enrolment.
Other mandatory miscellaneous fees are listed here.
For students in the double-master degree programme with CEMS MIM, there is an additional tuition fee of S$15,000 which is payable in full before the start of the CEMS MIM year.
Some additional expenses of attending the CEMS MIM programme are:
- Cost of living in the host countries.
- Visa and travel costs.
- Nominal fees for Block Seminar, Responsible Global Leadership Seminar, Skill Seminars, language courses and testing. (amount varies among host schools)
- Student Registration and Handling Fee payable to CEMS Head Office.
- Participation costs for student events.
- Participation costs in the graduation ceremony: The CEMS MIM graduation ceremony is hosted annually by one of the CEMS schools.
The estimated monthly living expenses* for an international student in Singapore are outlined below:
|Accommodation.||On-campus housing (subject to availability)|
SGD $660 – $1,520.
Renting a room in a public housing apartment
SGD $500 – S$1,000.
Renting a public housing apartment
SGD $2,200 – $3,000.
Renting a room in a private apartment
SGD $600 - $1,300.
Renting a 3-bedroom private apartment
SGD $4,000 - $7,000.
|Meals.||SGD $300 – $800.|
|Transport (within Singapore).||SGD $100 - $200 (buses & trains).|
|Healthcare.||SGD $18 – $55 per consultation with a General Practitioner.|
|Personal Expenses.||SGD $150 – S$350.|
|Mobile phone & broadband subscription.||SGD $50 – S$150.|
* Actual amounts will depend heavily on the individual's lifestyle, but students should budget a minimum of SGD $18,000 per year for living expenses in Singapore.
NUS MiM Key Dates
|1st May to 15th July||Application period for MSc (Mgt) and CEMS MIM|
|August - September||Interviews for shortlisted applicants|
|September||Notification of application outcome|
|January||Commencement of classes|
Lastly, in the NUS MiM Review, we are going to look at the application essay questions.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
As a part of the application process you are required to provide a letter of motivation. This letter of motivation serves as the application essay. In not more than 500 words you are required to state the reasons that motivate you to join the MiM program offered by NUS.
Your Letter of Motivation is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of your application, make sure you refine it a number of times and have it read by a number of people, so as to catch any errors you may have missed. Additionally, you can take a look at our Essay Editing Service to have the assistance of a MiM student, who can help amplify your chances of success.
We hope the NUS MiM Review was able to provide you with ample information about the MiM program offered by NUS. All information has been sourced from the NUS website, for more information you can visit the official website of National University of Singapore.