Start Your Masters Journey With This Free Profile Evaluation
What is the St. Gallen MiM Review?
The St. Gallen MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Strategy and International Management program at the University of St. Gallen and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Strategy and International Management application process and the class profile are presented.
The Master of Arts Strategy and International Management (SIM-HSG) program began in 2004 and entered Financial Times Masters in Management ranking in 2010, ranking 4th. The program is research-based, academic rigor, highly interactive in nature and practice-oriented. 100% of the faculty are doctorates and 77% are international faulty. Students are being offered internationally oriented curriculum via experiencing foreign cultures through SIMagination Challenge and SIM International Projects.
St. Gallen offers a variety of Masters programs:
- Master of Arts in Strategy and International Management(SIM-HSG)- An 18 months program to kick start your career in the business world, aimed at graduates with a degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent degrees.
- Masters of Arts in Banking and Finance- An excellent choice for graduates with a passion in the field of finance. Ranked No.10 by the Financial Times, this program is available in Full time and is for 18 months. Also, prior experience in Finance is not obligatory for this degree.
In case, if you have any query related to admissions, you can get in touch with the admissions committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation.
The St. Gallen Masters in Management value proposition
- SIM is the flagship program and is Ranked No.1 by Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking for six consecutive years since 2011
- Ranked No.1 by Financial Times for International Course experience and Ranked No.3 for Placement.
- Has close ties to leading international corporations which conduct interactive workshops, lectures, site visits as well as international internships
- Mandatory International Social Project which creates enriching and meaningful experiences for students to become a better global citizen
- Partnered with INCAE Business School, Costa Rica and Nanyang Business School, Singapore to offer students an opportunity of gaining a Master’s Degree and an MBA within two years
- Double Degree programs with ESADE, Barcelona; HEC, Paris; RSM Erasmus University, Rotterdam; and FGV-EAESP, Fundação GetulioVargas, São Paulo
- Exchange programs with more than 190 partner universities worldwide
Skills which St. Gallen values
St. Gallen has the most competitive SIM program in the world and is on the lookout for high potential candidates who exhibit the following skills:
Critical and Creative Thinking Integrity
Self-Reflection Analytical Attitude
Maturity Global Mindset
- If you wish to give additional information with regards to competencies and skills, you can add the same in the corresponding sections of the CV template. Be sure to mention how you exhibit these skills, and back them up with relevant examples.
- If you wish to submit a Letter of Motivation or Reference Letters, you can submit the same by adding it to the supporting documents section of the online application. (Though this is not obligatory)
Next, in the St. Gallen Strategy and International Management Review, we are going to look at application requirements and eligibility criteria.
Want to know your chances at St. Gallen?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Duration: 18 Months.
Location: St.Gallen, Switzerland.
Tuition Fee for 2018 intake: SFr. 1426 per semester for Swiss Nationals.
SFr. 3326 per semester for Foreign Nationals.
A number of different scholarships are offered, check out the full list here.
Living Expenses in St.Gallen: SFr. 2300/ Month.
Application deadline for St. Gallen Strategy and International Management 2018 intake:
The degree programme starts in autumn semester. Application period is: 1 October - 30 April
Rolling admission procedure, though it is advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Applications are reviewed within four admission rounds:
Application Round 1 October 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017
Decision Round 1 December 1, 2017 – December 22, 2017
Application Round 2 December 1, 2017 – January 16, 2018
Decision Round 2 January 17, 2018 – February 16, 2018
Application Round 3 January 17, 2018 – March 7, 2018
Decision Round 3 March 8, 2018 – March 29, 2018
Application Round 4 March 8, 2018 – April 30, 2018
Decision Round 4 May 1, 2018 – May 31, 2018
The selection process at University of St. Gallen for Strategy and International Management program is based on the following criteria: -
- GMAT or GRE score (20%) – For evaluating GMAT scores, the total score is taken into consideration wherein the valuation for GRE scores both the verbal and the quantitative reasoning places a significant role.
- Average Grade throughout undergraduate studies (20%) – The Average grade of your degree certificate matters for this 20% score. For an individual who is applying before graduation, the average grade of all examinations taking at the time of application is taken into account.
- Extracurricular activities and work experience (20%) – You can bring forward all elements and events that aided your personal development, as well as the academic work, you have been a part of, and explain what you have learned from it. You can be detailed and talk about how you have displayed the different competencies St Gallen is looking for (in the CV and Interview Questions).
- Essay (10%) – St. Gallen requires an essay on an argumentative topic. Check the details on the topic in the Application Essay Insights section below.
- Video Interview (30%) – You will receive an email from the SIM Management on successful submission of the online application for Video Interview.
2016 Class Profile
|Male / female ratio||60% / 40%|
Lastly, in the St. Gallen MiM Review, you can find all the application essay questions listed below.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
As an applicant to the Master in Strategy and International Management program (SIM-HSG) you are required to write and submit an original Essay as part of your application documents.
Through the SIM Essay, you are asked to critically reflect upon a relevant question. You are encouraged to express your own view on the question’s topic in a structured manner, whilst remaining true to your personal style. The strength of the argumentation, evidence of critical and creative thinking, communication skills and a structured reasoning should prevail over the use of literature or content research.
"Today humanity is facing unprecedented challenges on a global scale. In your view,are we asking the right questions, are we focusing on the relevant root problems-or have we so far missed out to address the key drivers of our progress and well-being?
Please focus your critical reflections on the one most fundamental key driver and argue thoroughly."
This Argumentative essay is a way for them to see your writing style, thought process as well as your analytical abilities. They complement your CGPA and give the ad com a way to understand your academic potential.
It is the Interview Questions and via the CV that the admission committee basically analyzes your profile and understands if you display the competencies they are looking for and if you fit with the philosophy of St. Gallen as a university.
With a class of just 55 students, St. Gallen's is very selective and accepts only the best among the application pool.
So, make sure you have ace all three parts of the application, the essay, the CV and the Interview, they WILL make or break your case.
We hope that the St. Gallen MiM Review was able to provide you with ample amount of information about the flagship MiM Program offered by the University of St. Gallen. All information has been sourced from the official website, for more information you can visit the official website of the University of St. Gallen.
Find more information on the degree
Check out what our clients say
MiM essay felt professional from the beginning, at the same time it was a personal experience and I felt that the person who was helping me was there for me and that he really cared and understood my case. It certainly made writing my essays, cv and preparing for my interview more structured and easier. They really helped me identify, point, and correctly express the experiences I had that really mattered. This is extremely important because together we identified experiences that i would otherwise overlook. I liked that they were willing to make the extra mile for my essay. It wasn’t a standardized product that just formulates your experiences but a continuous experience which really helps you reveal your true self in your essay. I was too unsure if trying them would do me any good. I now know that without them I wouldn’t have been able to get accepted into my first choice.
My experience with MiM was extremely positive throughout the entire application process. Right from the very beginning I received a lot of quality attention, which not only enabled me to optimally prepare my application package, but also to remain confident throughout the process. MiM team was readily available, very flexible, and above all tremendously supportive. With their help I got into all the finance programs that I have applied to - Bocconi, HSG, and UZH. They do not provide cookie cutter advice, instead, the team helped me to tailor LOM to my profile and highlight areas that would be unique to me. In short, I doubt that without MiM I would have managed to stand out the way I did.