What is the Trinity College Dublin (TCD) MSc review?
The TCD MSc Review is indispensable for individuals who intend to acquire accurate and reliable knowledge of the Masters in Management program at Trinity College Dublin. The review will help enhance the decision-making process and clarify doubts.
The individual would be better equipped to comprehend if the program is a perfect fit. Other aspects like data about the Masters in Management application process procedures, placement statistics of graduates, class profiles, and eligibility criteria for the TCD MSc program will be highlighted in this review.
The MSc in Management program at TCD is a meticulous program which focuses on developing analytical competence, leadership skills and personal growth in any industrial milieu. It is structured around a strong general management and leadership orientation, a small class size ensuring a close and dynamic learning environment, an in-company project that challenges students to apply their learning in a “real world” environment. Employers worldwide hold Trinity graduates in high esteem.
Do you imagine yourself leading a Fortune 500 company?
Do you have a unique idea that can be transformed into a global business?
If so TCD is the best place for you.
It is ranked (QS ranking 2017) among the top 100 programs in the world.
TCD offers a variety of Masters programs:
- MSc in Finance - This program is ranked 3rd in Western Europe for Corporate Finance (Eduniversal 2017 ranking). It is fashioned for students who intend to make an impact in the financial service careers. Engaging and prominent lecturers enhance the uniqueness of this program. 91% of students in this program were gainfully employed in 2015 within 3 months of graduating (Eduniversal Graduates 2014\2015). This is a 12 month program with 12 taught modules.
- MSc in Management: It occupies premiere position in Western Europe for General Management (Eduniversal 2017 Ranking), and is diligently designed for graduates with a non-business background.
The program is an ideal complement to an undergraduate degree. The student will acquire advanced managerial abilities to thrive in a globalized business world. The program’s flexibility is evident from Full time and Part time schemes.
- MSc in Human Resource Management: Students are immersed in a mixture of research and practice, which builds their knowledge in human resource management to meet the needs of a dynamic world. Individuals with a non-business background can apply for this program, where 12 months exposure would be enough to tackle any business challenge in all industrial milieu. The implementation of a practice module enhances the reputation of the program. It is an excellent choice for graduates that desire to make an impact in the field of management.
- MSc in Financial Risk Management: This detailed program brings the student in contact with modern financial risk management and instills the requisite skills for success as a future risk manager. The program ensures that graduates are endowed with skills that are applicable in diverse technical and analytical milieus. Industry professionals and consultants from around the world educate students on how to forecast, react and minimize risk within their selected field. It is an intensive 12 months program.
- MSc in International Management: It is Ranked 5th in Western Europe for International Management (Eduniversal 2017) and suitable for business graduates who want to experience a global business exposure. The program requires one academic year for completion. Individuals with an undergraduate degree in business will be a perfect fit for this program. Students spend a week in Fudan University, Shanghai.
The TCD Masters in Management value proposition
This program is diligently designed for non-business graduates who aspire to make a global impact in the business milieu. An increasingly globalized business world needs top experts with the requisite the managerial skills. The TCD MiM program encapsulates all the key aspects of management which is applicable to diverse industries. Graduates of this program are an indispensable part of the global workforce.
Our academic team brings a wealth of knowledge and experience across a range of sectors, providing a truly global perspective. Through practical learning, simulations, debates, case studies and guest speakers, students will learn to analyze real business issues. The Programme also focuses on negotiation and leadership to help students manage conflict and develop their leadership style. You also get to further tailor your degree with electives. These options are reviewed each year based on employer feedback and market demands.
The TCD Masters in Management program is recognized for its outstanding and unique contributions to the managerial expertise of some of the top companies in the world. The program attracts bright minds from all over the world. It enables students to expand their business skills, balance theory with practical exposure and enhances immersion in the exciting economic and financial milieu. It stimulates the desire to take up business challenges for upward social mobility. It is evident from the aforementioned assertions that the program is a reservoir of knowledge that can positively transform a life.
- Networking opportunities with some of the smartest people in the business world. You get a chance to mingle with the MBA students and also leverage the power of the TCD alumni network.
- An amazing reputation for being one of the best business schools in the world, no matter where you go the name TCD is instantly recognizable
- Access to a number of global corporations. Partly due to the school’s strong career services & also due to the excellent location of the school
Skills which the TCD MiM values
TCD has one of the most competitive MiM programs in the world and is on the search for high potential candidates who exhibit the following skills:
- Ambitious and driven
- Intellectual aptitude
- Analytical mindset
Be sure to mention in your application essays how you exhibit these skills, and back them up with relevant examples.
Want to know your chances at TCD ?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
TCD MiM Eligibility Criteria
A first or upper second-class honours degree, or equivalent. If you have yet to complete your degree, submit your most recent transcripts. If your transcript is not in English, please also supply a certified translation ( NB: Students from Afghanistan need at least a Master's Degree)
- Transcripts ( if not in English, please submit a certified English translation)
- A 500-word personal statement
- English proficiency exams like IELTS ( Grade 6.5) or TOEFL: 88-IBT, 230-Computer-based, 570- paper based (For All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English)
- A GMAT score may not be required but will greatly enhance admission decision.
- A completed application form.
Apply online at www.tcd.ie/business/msc/management
The Programme includes a wide range of core and elective modules as well as a research project. Key areas include HR, marketing, strategy, finance and organizational behavior. Students can tailor their degree through their choice of research project. An individual can take advantage of some unique opportunities to broaden his business experience, on campus, in Dublin and around the world. The scope, coaching and intensity of this Programme make it a masterclass in business management.
Experience a unique, analytical and meticulous managerial training. The courses enable the students to comprehend the proficiency and frameworks of general management. The program entails core courses in operations management, Management and organization behavior, accounting, Financial Management, Marketing management, Negotiation theory and Human Resource Management.
The program has a total of 9 courses in its curriculum.
The program includes interactive lessons, workshops and group projects.This creates the perfect platform for a managerial buildup through interaction with top organizations around the world. The end result is a boost in experience of the graduates.
The students can choose from a wide range of electives like Applied Marketing Strategy, Research methods and Strategy& information Systems. This will be a great boost to the learning experience.. Complete three electives, from a choice of more than 40, including specific courses designed mainly for MiM students such as Psychology of Management, Corporate finance and Social Entrepreneurship.
Launchbox: This is an expansive accelerator program in summer that aims at developing early stage businesses of teams of Trinity college students, into a mega project. The programme entails mentorship, funding and access to prominent alumni and investors.
Blackstone Launchpad: It is an entrepreneurship programme for Trinity College students, staff, alumni and faculty that promotes experiential learning. It offers coaching, ideation and venture creation support.
This project allows students to showcase the knowledge they have gained and enhance their career potential by specializing in a particular area.
You are opportune to visit prominent global businesses in Dublin, including consultancies, investment banks, brand management firms, retail giants, media empires and more. It helps you to gain valuable global business contacts and apply the practical skills you have learnt
Useful Information on the TCD MiM degree
Duration: 12 months.
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Tuition Fees for 2018 intake: €13,500 (€6,750 per annum) for EU Students and €17,500 (€8,750 per annum) for Non-EU Students
A number of different scholarships are offered, check out the full list here.
Most of the applicants are curious to know about Trinity College Business School MiM acceptance rate
TCD has not disclosed any stats on its acceptance rate, but it is safe to be estimated around 9 to 17%.
TCD MIM DEADLINE
Application Deadline for 2018 intake:
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 01 November 2017|
|Round 2 12 January 2018|
|Round 3 07 March 2018|
|Round 4 08 March 2018|
|Round 5 12 April 2018|
|Round 6 30 June 2018|
Constituents of the application package
- Online application form
- Application Essays: 4 long essays & 3 short questions
- GMAT/GRE Score
- One page CV
- 2 Letter of recommendations: One academic & one professional
- A copy of college transcript
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE, CAE or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
- Application fee of €55
TCD MiM Student Profile
- Class size: 235
- Average Age: 24
- 44 nationalities on the programme
- 40% female intake
- 92% international students
- Over 32 countries represented by TCD faculty
- 42,000+ alumni across 155 countries
- GMAT score range: 600 - 780 (Avg: 686)
TCD MiM Placement Statistics
Base Salary of £37,890
Employment rate is strong for MiM graduates with a 96% accepted a Job offer within 3 months of graduation
There were 9 who pursued entrepreneurship in the batch of 2015
Highest Salary awarded £62,000
Overall TCD MiM Placements are pretty good, and hence TCD Masters in Management is an attractive proposition for most people.
Sectors students were placed in:
|Consumer & Retail||4%|
Some notable companies recruiting from the TCD Masters in Management
|Ashland Inc||Fiserv Corporation||KPMG|
|Jameson-Irish distillers||Goldman Sachs||PWC||Macquarie|
|McKinsey & Company||Medallia||Milward Brown||Morgan Stanley|
|Barclays||Oliver Wyman||Boston Scientific||Roland Berger|
As you can see the Trinity College Business School's Masters in Management application is pretty extensive, & this is a good thing as they want to ensure only top quality students make it through the application process. So make sure you have really great essays and terrific LOR's as they will make or break your case.
Once you are done with your application, the TCD board reviews it and if shortlisted you would be called for an Interview round for the TCD MiM.
We hope the TCD MiM Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced by the TCD MiM Site, and for more data, you should visit there.
Find more information on the degree
Want to improve your chances of an admit at TCD?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.