What is the UCD Smurfit MSc Review?
The UCD Smurfit MSC Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the MSc in Management program at UCD Smurfit Business School and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the UCD MSc in Management application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is Ireland’s leading business school and research center offering a world-class MBA, leading PhD programme, a wide range of specialized Masters for both business and non-business graduates as well as Executive Development courses.
Some of the popular Masters programme offered at UCD Smurfit are:
- UCD MSc in Management - This full-time Masters is primarily aimed at non-business graduates with a keen interest in developments within the business world and looking to enhance their prior qualifications with a business/management specialization. A part-time format has been especially designed in order to help professionals pursue studies without having to interrupt their career.
- UCD MSc in Business Analytics - Available in one-year full-time and two-year part-time formats, this programme is suitable for graduates from technical disciplines such as, engineering, computer science and mathematics with a talent for and interest in finding mathematical or computer solutions to business problems. It is also suitable for business graduates who have studied Management Information Systems (MIS) subjects.
- UCD MSc in Finance - This course is especially suitable for graduates with an educational track record in business, economics, finance or any degree with a significant quantitative element. The part-time option also enables current professionals with a business-related background to combine working life with study.
- UCD MSc in Marketing - Available in one-year full-time and two-year part-time formats, this program is suitable for business graduates with a marketing orientation and current professionals wishing to build upon their existing marketing skills, as well as students with an undergraduate background in psychology.
- UCD MSc in International Business - This program is also available in one-year full-time and two-year part-time formats. This course offers the perfect match for students with an international background and profile who are seeking to build a business career in today’s increasingly globalised market place.
The UCD MSc in Management value proposition
This course offers a very solid foundation in the key areas of management/business. Students are encouraged to nurture their creativity, cultivate their analytical capabilities and strengthen their capacities to work well in teams. On successful completion of this course, graduates should be well positioned to begin their careers within any organizational environment.
There is no doubt that one can benefit extensively from what the school has to offer, these include
- You will be exposed to current management thinking and perspectives.
- You will be encouraged to develop your capacity to identify and critically analyse a variety of business problems and to provide solutions in both local and international settings.
- You will be provided with an opportunity to develop your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills through group interactions, case discussions, presentations and our end of year business simulation exercise.
- You will develop the range of skills required to undertake and complete independent research and project work.
Want to know your chances at UCD ?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
UCD MSc in Management Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum second-class honors non-business undergraduate degree from disciplines such as Arts, Science and Engineering, among others.
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE or PTE Academic score (for some international students).
- A copy of college transcript.
Visa Requirements : Some students might have to get a student visa in order to come and study in Ireland. Regardless, all non EU/EEA and non Swiss citizens have to register on arrival with the GNIB.
The intensive grounding in management provided by the course is reflected by the breadth and depth of the 12 core modules that all students have to take over the 12 months on the course.
UCD Smurfit Core Courses
There are 8 courses in total.
- Accounting Information for Managers
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Corporate Finance
- Business and Financial Environments
- Global Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Information Systems Management
- Marketing Management
The Summer Term contains the remaining 4 courses.
- Business and Society
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Business Simulation
Useful Information on the UCD MSc in Management program
Duration: 12 months Full-time / 24 months Part-time
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Tuition Fees for 2017 intake: €18,300
A number of scholarships are offered, you can check them out on UCD Smurfit scholarships page .
Most of the applicants are curious to know about the UCD MSc in Management acceptance rate
UCD Smurfit has not disclosed any stats on its acceptance rate, but it is safe to be estimated around 15-20%
UCD MSc in Management Deadline
The deadlines for UCD MSc in Management haven't been updated on their official website. We'll add the same once it's updated.
Constituents of the application package
- Online application form
- Application Essays: 2 short essays
- One page CV
- A copy of college transcript
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
- Application fee of € 50
UCD Smurfit Placement Statistics
The average salary for University College Dublin alumni & graduates is $57,000 per year.
Roles and functions students were placed in:
Supply / Demand Planner Recruitment Consultant Trainee Accountant Apprentice Solicitor Software Measurements Analyst Corporate Actions Associate Financial Engineer
Some notable companies recruiting from the UCD MSc in Management
AIB Coca-Cola Henkel Unilever Ernst & Young Accenture JP Morgan Paypal Microsoft
Next in the UCD MSc in Management Review, find all the application essay questions listed below.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
The UCD MSc in Management application comprises of 2 short essays. UCD Smurfit takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top notch.
UCD MSC in Management Short Essays
Question 1 (300 words)
Please state your reasons for wishing to undertake this programme? Ideally, how would you like to see your career develop over the next 5 years?
Question 2 (300 words)
We receive a large number of applications for limited places, please state why you should be selected above other applicants?
We hope the UCD Smurfit MSc Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced by the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School Site, and for more data you should visit there.
Find more information on the degree
Want to improve your chances of an admit at UCD?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.