INSEAD Business School MIM Review
The INSEAD MiM Master in Management is a rigorous 10-month full-time program comprising five periods, each lasting eight weeks and concluding with an exam and project.
Applying for MIM at INSEAD?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
INSEAD Business School MIM Introduction
AMBA, AASCB, & EQUIS
In addition, there will be five weeks of teaching and career and skill workshops and two weeks of experiential, practical blocks every eight weeks. This article will inform you about the various programs offered by INSEAD MiM and the eligibility requirements.
INSEAD MIM Class Profile
In this 16 month-long curriculum, you will get to interact with people from all walks of life including 32+ nationalities. The average age of the class would be about 22; hence the classroom discussions would be filled with young and advanced perspectives. Moreover, with the presence of 39% women and 61% men, it is safe to say that students grow holistically. Additionally, all these students will have about 10 months of professional work experience, which will help them gain an understanding of the corporate world across borders.
Average Work Ex
INSEAD MIM Acceptance Rate
Your prospects of admission to INSEAD are determined on your knowledge, experience, and strengths, not by the acceptance rate. When constructing a list of 10-15 schools with varied degrees of competitiveness, use the acceptance rate as a general guideline. Take assistance from specialists in this sector to ensure that all of your papers, including as resumes, LORs, and so on, are totally intact and reflect the best of your talents. When all of these factors are taken into account, you will undoubtedly be admitted to INSEAD MiM.
Program and Curriculum of INSEAD Business School MIM
The intensive curriculum consists of a wide range of fundamental business topics that equip you with the knowledge needed to launch a global career. At the INSEAD MiM MIM, you will study at the Fontainebleau campus in France and the lively city-state of Singapore. Furthermore, in the 3rd period of the programme, you will have the option of going on a field trip to Abu Dhabi. In the 4th period at INSEAD MiM’s Singapore campus, you will have an opportunity to travel to China or the USA. Finally, in Period 5, you will choose six electives from a range of courses. The selection of topics comes with a focus on innovation to ensure that you graduate with knowledge and skills that will allow you to “jump right into action” the moment you start work.
- Data analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Managerial Accounting
- Applied Microeconomics
- Data Science
- Process and operation management
- Business and society
- Social Psychology
The electives are offered in the following academic areas:
- Accounting and Control
- Decision Science
- Economics and Political Science
- Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise
- Organisational Behaviour
- Technology and Operations Management
Apart from its academic excellence, INSEAD MiM gives its students multiple opportunities to excel at extracurricular activities. For this reason, the school has put together various clubs for students to choose from as per their individual interests. Additionally, it hosts many corporate events, which are organised by students. By organising and attending these corporate events, students add to their leadership skills.
- Corporate governance in uncertain times
- INSEAD Alumni forums
- Global business leader’s conference
- World knowledge forum
- The campaign for INSEAD launch events
Students Clubs and Speaker Initiatives
- INSEAD Private Equity Conference
- The INSEAD Women in Business Conference
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into INSEAD Business School MIM)
The foremost requirement to pursue INSEAD MiM is a bachelor’s degree from a renowned institution. You must have completed your undergrad with at least 18 electives in any field such as engineering, business, social sciences, economics, arts, etc.
- The INSEAD MiM MIM requires participants to have a sound academic foundation thus you are required to face either GMAT or GRE and submit the scores.
- A competitive GMAT score is likely to be above 650. The Admissions Committee at INSEAD prefers to see around 65% scores in both the Verbal and Quantitative sections and about 70% for the Integrated Reasoning section
- For the GRE, the Admissions Committee expects around 80% in both the Verbal and Quantitative sections
- If English is your native language, you have received a university degree exclusively taught in English. Then you do not need to take an English test to get into instead MiM.
- In all other cases, you are required to bring evidence of your proficiency in English by submitting the scores of an English proficiency test result.
- The school accepts TOEFL (recommended score equal or above 103), IELTS (recommended score equal to or above 7.5), Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic (recommended score equal to or above 70).
Document Related to the Application
- Online application form
- Academic proofs
- 2 Letters of recommendation – You need to submit 2 letters of recommendation. Preferably one academic and another professional. There are specific questions to be answered in these LORs
- CV – Your CV should be crisp and clear. It must contain the crux of your knowledge, experience, and skills.
- Motivation Essay – A motivational letter or Statement of Purpose, must justify your reason to apply for this program
The application fee for the direct application is €180.
INSEAD Business School MIM Deadlines
The application deadline must be the primary thing to consider before applying to any school for any program. This is because, you need to prepare all your application documents, and other plans, as per the deadline. For INSEAD MiM, there are five rounds for submitting applications, thus five different deadlines. The deadline for round 1 is in September. For rounds 2,3, and 4, the deadline is in November, January and March respectively. Finally, for round 5, the deadline is in May. These deadlines should be strictly followed so you do not miss out on any application procedures.
|1st Deadline||19 SEPTEMBER, 2022|
|2nd Deadline||03 NOVEMBER, 2022|
|3rd Deadline||26 JANUARY, 2023|
|4th Deadline||30 MARCH, 2023|
|5th Deadline||25 MAY, 2023|
INSEAD Business School MIM Employment
The INSEAD MiM Business school alumni network is a storehouse of successful stories of top executives and entrepreneurs. From analyst and consultant positions in Mckinsey, Amazon, and Philips to founders of powerful business enterprises, they have achieved it all. More than 52,000 alumni are working across different sectors all around the world. The network is among the largest in Europe, with alumni based in over 132 countries. In addition, the network organizes more than 1000 events to facilitate exchange between students and members and provide counselling to prospective students. As a result, 98% of MiM graduates from INSEAD MiM get placed within three months of graduation. Thus, making INSEAD MiM placements one of the best in the world.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring INSEAD Business School MIM Graduates
Due to its versatility, and one of a kind approach, INSEAD MiM allows its students to work in different domains like technology, luxury, health, consulting, finance, etc. The graduates of INSEAD MiM are serving in managerial positions with their expertise in all the sectors of the business world. Also, the extensive alumni network of INSEAD amplifies one’s chances of securing their dream job. The top 3 sectors hiring INSEAD MiM graduates are consulting, finance, and technology.
Companies recruiting from INSEAD Business School MIM
- EY Consulting
- Deloitte Consulting
- BNB Paribas
- Ernst & Young
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
- Air Liquide
- Rocket Internet
INSEAD MIM Alumni Info
The INSEAD MiM alumni network is robust, diverse and globally connected to how few institutions can boast. With more than 58,000 Alumni distributed across 176 countries with 163 nationalities, their Alumni are citizens of the world, understand how to balance local and global perspectives, and have “experienced the world as it ought to be”, as one graduate claimed. This aspect of the INSEAD MiM culture is very powerful and valuable in the 21st Century. In this smaller, connected world, leaders must view the world as a whole and think and act. Therefore, leaders must view it locally and globally. This has been part of the INSEAD MiM culture for over 55 years.
Some Famous Alumni
- William Jefferson Hague (British Conservative politician)
- Samir Arora (American entrepreneur, inventor and investor)
- Wendy Alexander (retired Scottish politician and former Member of the Scottish Parliament for Paisley North)
- Marius Jacques Kloppers (South African businessman and former CEO of BHP Billiton)
- Cristina Teuscher (former freestyle and medley swimmer from the United States)
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for INSEAD MIM
The application process for INSEAD MiM is pretty straightforward. This process takes place in five stages that are:
Online Applications – The first step is to submit online applications. In this stage, you need to select the program you are interested in and submit all the basic requirements.
Video Interview – Submit a recorded interview of all the questions for the INSEAD MiM program. You should try and prepare for the interview to increase your chances of getting selected.
Online interview – There is also an option to interview different Alumni of the INSEAD MiM program. You should try and appear for this interview as it allows you to showcase your skill sets and set a great impression on the alumni. Thus, increasing your chances of getting selected.
Evaluation – Just before the declaration of the final results an evaluation of all your online applications and recorded interviews will be conducted by the admission officers. They will judge you based on merit and if you have exemplary talents or skills.
Final decision – After being selected, you will be sent an offer letter for the INSEAD MiM program. This declaration can be sent to you in your official mail. You need to reply to this mail by accepting or rejecting the offer. There is a deadline to be followed and should be taken very seriously.
1) How would you describe yourself? (Maximum 200 words)
2) Describe all types of extracurricular activities in which you have been or are still involved for a significant amount of time (clubs, sports, music, arts, etc.). How are you enriched by these activities? (Maximum 200 words)
3) Tell us what you have been doing since graduating from secondary education and what motivated your choices? (Maximum 200 words)
4) Please give us all the information about your activities and occupation from now until the start of the programme. (Maximum 40 words)
5) Share your short and long-term career aspirations with a MIM from INSEAD. (Maximum 100 words)
6 ) Is there anything else that was not covered in your application that you would like to share with the Admissions Committee? (Maximum 300 words)
Letter of Recommendation for INSEAD MIM
For INSEAD MiM, you need to submit 2 letters of recommendation. In each of these letters, you are basically required to highlight your strengths thoroughly. INSEAD has specified some questions for recommendations that the referees are required to answer.
Here are the questions for INSEAD MiM Letters of Recommendations
Q1. How long have you known the candidate? Define your relationship with the candidate and the circumstances whereby you met.
Q2. Comment on the candidate’s career progress to date and his/her career focus.
Q3. What do you consider to be the candidate’s major strengths? Comment on the factors that distinguish the candidate from other individuals at his/her level.
Q4. Comment on the candidate’s potential for senior management. Do you see him/her as a future leader?
Q5. Describe the candidate as a person. Comment on his/her ability to establish and maintain relationships, sensitivity to others, self-confidence, attitude, etc. Specifically, comment on the candidate’s behaviour or skills in a group setting/team environment.
Interview Questions for INSEAD MIM
After you are short-listed, the colleges may require you to face an interview. This interview can be in person or via G-Meet. The question that they would ask is not specified as such. However, the schools are interested to know your future plans, motivation, how are you as a person, what shapes you, etc. So, there is a range of questions that might be asked. By preparing answers to these questions, you will be able to crack the interview with no difficulty.
Here are some questions that you can prepare yourself with for the interview at INSEAD MiM
Q: Please introduce yourself (or) Tell me something about yourself
Q: Why do you want to pursue the (( COURSE ))?
Q: What are your major strengths and weaknesses?
Q: Have you ever lived in any other country or had any sort of interaction with people from different countries?
Q: Tell me about a recent news affair that has caught your attention.
Q: What was your role at your previous job/ Internship?
Q: What is your proudest achievement?
What makes INSEAD MIM Unique
Here are a few facts about INSEAD that makes it unique-
- Complete the program in 16 months
- Get a professional exposure of about 6 months
- Get numerous chances of applying your theoretical knowledge, hence growing holistically
- As, the curriculum is divided into 5 periods, you do not need to cover a whole lot of syllabus to prepare for the exams
- Last, but not the least, INSEAD MiM is ranked #5, as per the Financial Times (FT) Rankings
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is the INSEAD MiM Program right for you?
The INSEAD MiM program is designed for freshly graduated students who are interested in management courses. The good thing about this program is that it is open to students from various fields.
How many years of work experience do I need to be admitted to the INSEAD MiM program?
You do not need any prior work or job experience to get accepted into the INSEAD MiM program. However, it would be great if you have some experience through internships or charity. By doing this, you will increase your chances of getting selected into the institute.
What is the INSEAD MiM ranking?
INSEAD MiM has been ranked as one of the best management institutes in the world. It has also secured the rank of being the best institute in the country. It is known for its great infrastructure and for providing its students with a wide range of opportunities.
INSEAD MiM VS MBA?
The main difference between the two courses is that even though they cover various business and management related topics, the MBA is generally made for people with few years of experience. In contrast, MiM is made for candidates with little to no work experience. MiM degree generally provides a kickstart to a student’s career.
What is the INSEAD MiM GMAT score required?5. What is the INSEAD MiM GMAT score required?
INSEAD does not have a minimum GMAT score criteria like many other institutes do. Although to get admission to such a prestigious institute, you need to do well in your academic exams to assure yourself a place in the program. A score of 650 or above is what the candidates should aim to get successfully placed into the institute.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services