Unsure If Your Profile Will Get YOU Into LSE?
What is the LSE MiM Review?
The LSE MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at LSE and understand if it would be the correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the LSE MiM application process & its essays, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
LSE is a school which has a long-standing reputation, and one which is famous for being a leader in a number of different fields.
Its Masters in Management degree is aimed for young professionals and is open for anyone with 3 months to 5 years of work experience. The MiM offered by LSE is, in the words of its program director "unshamedly academic".
Being a pre-experience degree, It puts a very strong emphasis on building a strong management foundation, so be prepared for a lot of business theory in the classes.
LSE aims to teach its MiM students to be critical thinkers & recognize that no two problems are the same. It aims to equip its students with a diverse mix of quantitative and qualitative skills, as well as strong leadership and global outlook.
LSE offers two Masters in Management programs
The first one is the Global Masters in Management which is a 2 years program, the first year being the foundation year helps you with in-depth knowledge of general management and while the second year will provide specialized knowledge and experience in your field of interest, according to your career goals.
The second is the Masters in Management program which is a 1-year program and focused on growing your intellectual and professional skills. This program helps you to start with your career in management covering fundamentals of managing people and organizations in the current corporate world today.
- The only college in the UK offering a CEMS partnership program.
- A very academic oriented course, designed to help you build a sound foundation in business studies.
- Several strong exchange options in other MiM or MBA schools.
- An interesting business project in the 2nd year, where a team of students works closely on a company-sponsored project.
- A chance to leverage the name & prowess of the 2nd best social science university in the world.
- As per QS World University Rankings by Faculty 2015/16, LSE is ranked 2nd in the world for social science and management.
- LSE offers 9 masters degrees, out of this the Global Masters in Management (2 years programme) and the Masters in Management (1-year programme) can be the preferable options to choose from.
- In Global MiM, LSE offers 2 year program with the first year comprising of compulsory core courses, & the second year featuring a number of specializations.
- In the 1-year MiM program, LSE critically evaluates the latest trends and theories in management and builds a true understanding of the social, economic and political forces which impact on organizations worldwide
Want to be a part of the 2019 success stories?
Constituents of Application Package
- Online application form.
- One long SOP containing 1 main & 3 short questions.
- GMAT/GRE Score.
- One page CV.
- 2 Letter of recommendations: One academic & one professional or both academic.
- A copy of college transcript.
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE, CAE or PTE Academic score (for international students as a test for english).
- Application fee of £50.
Next in the LSE Masters in Management Review we are going to look at some relevant details about the MiM program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Duration: 24 months(Global MiM) and 12 months(MiM).
For Global MiM program
- First year fees - £25,944 (for provisional EU) and £26,448 (for overseas applicants).
- Second year fees - £26,976 (for provisional EU) and £27,504 (for overseas applicants)
For MiM program
A number of different scholarships are offered, check out the full list here.
A number of merit scholarships are available for EU (LSE scholarships) & non-EU students (Graduate support schemes).
Application Deadline: Rolling admission procedure. It is advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Applications for 2019 entry will open on 8 October.
Class Profile at LSE for Global MiM
- Class size of 60.
- 37 nationalities on the programme.
- Average age: 22 years.
- Age range: 19 - 27 years.
- Work experience : 3 months to 6 years.
- Even mix of diverse UG backgrounds (Business, Engineering, Economics, Humanities etc).
The LSE Masters in Management 1 year program has just started this year and hence there is no stats available for the same.
- Median Salary of £38,100.
- 86% in work/further study 6 months after graduation.
- Sectors students were placed in: Finance, Marketing, Consulting, Banking, Advertising & communications, Entrepreneurship
Some notable companies recruiting from LSE
Finance: Citi, Credit Suisse, Barclays, JP Morgan, UBS, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley.
Consulting: McKinsey, A.T Kearney, BCG, PwC, Deloitte, Accenture, EY, Oliver Wyman.
Corporate Sectors: Google, Tesco, Shell, BP, Coca Cola, Total, L'Oreal.
Lastly, in the LSE Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at the application essay questions.
Check out what our Past LSE clients say about our Services
Check out what our Past LSE clients say about our Services
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
What is the LSE MiM looking for?
LSE is still at its core a very academic oriented school, as is observed by it's core philosophy"Analyzing the cause of things"
So what can one do, to increase his chances of acceptance at LSE?
Well LSE really values the following skills, & framing your essays such that these skills are highlighted will surely project you as a good fit for the school.
LSE is a globally renowned school and receives a high number of applications every season. Most of these applications have splendid GMAT scores, excellent academics, and a good profile. So how can one differentiate himself from the crowd?
An excellent essay goes a long way to impress the admission committee and prove that you have what it takes to excel in the demanding MiM program of LSE. Your essay is the main medium via which, you can assure the admission committee of the impact you are going to create and how your skill set would be a perfect addition to the school batch. Also make sure to explicitly mention the skills LSE is searching for, in order to prove that you are a good fit with the school's values.
LSE has a very different essay structure than most schools. Rather than ask for a set of essays, it asks for a very long statement of purpose or SOP. One is required to answer the following questions in this SOP.
Personal Statement for LSE MiM Programme (1 year)
- Explain your motivation for undertaking the programme(s)
- Describe your academic interests, strengths, and background relevant to the programme(s)
- Outline your ambitions and/or research interests
- Include other relevant information, such as additional reading or research, work or other relevant experiences that have informed your decision to apply for the particular programme(s)
- Highlight areas of specific interest within the programme(s) you have applied for at LSE.
Personal Statement for LSE Global MiM Programme (2 years)
Write a short personal statement about why you want to do the programme. This might cover, for example, what you will bring to the cohort (class), and what are your particular strengths. (600 words)
- Explain, in your own words, the main things that managers do.
- How will studying management theory help you to understand management practice?
- What do you hope to gain by studying management at the LSE?
Each of these answers should be around 300 words.
These 3 questions need to be clubbed together into one single SOP of around 1000-1500 words.
Answering in such a long format can be a pretty convoluted and taxing task.
Also making sure you can captivate the interest of the reader over this long literary feat is a gargantuan task, but one that needs to be perfect at any cost. Lastly, care should also be taken that the answers to the different questions blend together to give a single narrative.
You can check out LSE Sample SOP for deeper insights on how to write the specific Masters in Management sub-questions for the LSE Statement of Purpose.
Your SOP is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of your application, make sure you refine it a number of times and have it read by a number of people, so as to catch any errors you may have missed.
We hope the LSE MiM Review was able to provide you with ample information about the MiM program offered by the London School of Economics. All information has been sourced from the LSE website, for more information you can visit the official website of LSE.
For more information on the degree:
[indeed-my-testimonials group='home-page-testimonial-slider' max_num_desc='5000' order_by='date' order='DESC' limit='20' show='name,image,quote,job,company' page_inside='0' inside_template='IMTST_PAGE_TEMPLATE' theme='theme_4' color_scheme='f8ba01' disable_hover='1' columns='1' slider_set='1' filter_set='0' items_per_slide='1' slide_opt='bullets,nav_button,autoplay,stop_hover,responsive,loop' slide_speed='5000' slide_pagination_speed='500' pagination_theme='pag-theme2' animation_in='none' animation_out='none' align_center=1 ]
Want to improve your chances of an admit at the LBS?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.