Masters of Finance
Applying for Babson College?
Know how we can increase your Chances by 300%
Introduction – Babson College
Founded in 1919, Babson College is a private institution and a global leader in entrepreneurship education. Babson College is the first college that recognised that the entrepreneurial journey is much more than just an organic inclination and can be taught. Babson is an independent and not-for-profit organisation, which distinguishes itself from thousands of other schools, with Undergraduate school, World-class faculty, Babson Academy, Executive education, and FW Olin Graduate school of Business.
Babson College is a multi-campus institution, having its main campus in Wellesley, Massachusetts, and Boston, Miami, and San Francisco. In 2021, Babson College was ranked at 124 globally, as per The World University Rankings.
With the vast campus size of 370 acres, Babson college envisions itself with diversity, equity, and inclusion. Babson has invested enormous amounts in scholarships worth 9 million $ to maintain the diversity of the organisation. Last year, 99% of the Babson graduates were placed within six months of graduation.
Babson MFin Overview
The full-time Master’s Degree in Finance (MSF) at Babson College is designed for those students who want in-depth financial and quantitative knowledge. Master of Finance program cohort comes from all undergraduate and graduate backgrounds. During your electives at Babson College, you can even get exposure with MBA and other MAster’s students. The MFin at Babson includes Complex financial problem solving, Technical skills in finance, and Ethical & Professional Standards. You’ll also get deep insights into the curriculum from the award-winning faculty.
Babson MFin Highlights
Babson alumni network
Program and Curriculum
Babson’s Master of Finance program provides uncommon flexibility: you will take a required 15-credit core, and use your remaining 15 credits to explore electives in finance and other disciplines based on your interests and career goals.
- Core Courses
- Global Immersion Field Trips
- Experiential Learning
- Business Sector Clubs
- Financial Data Analysis and Practice
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Finance: Evaluating Opportunities
- Derivatives: Theory and Practice
- Fixed Income
Following are the wide range of electives available for Masters in Finance at Babson College:
- Babson College Fund
- Business Intelligence, Analytics, & Visualization
- Corporate Finance: Raising Capital
- Data Science and Business Analytics
- Economic and Financial Forecasting
- Finance for New Ventures
- Financial Decision Tools and Modeling
- Financial Macroeconomic Data Analysis
- Financial Reporting & Statement Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis for Managers
- Financial Trading Strategies
- Financing and Valuing Sustainability
- Independent Research in Finance
- Investment Banking and Financial Advisory
- Managing Portfolios
- Measuring and Managing Strategic Results
- Real Estate Financial Modeling
- Risk Management
- Strategy and Tactics of Pricing
Current GIFT locations are as follows:-
- Gulf Coast
- El Salvadar
Babson College provides various opportunities of internships to the students, as it strongly believes that along with the theoretical knowledge, practical experimentation and exposure is equally important.
- Manage a portion of the Babson College Endowment with the Babson College Fund, a 2-semester course that offers a rare opportunity to develop investment research and portfolio management skills.
- Work with a team of 3–5 MSF students on a consulting project with a business or investment client through Babson’s Management Consulting Field Experience course.
Babson College offers more than 80 clubs for the students. These clubs and organizations not only help the students to get exposure and a welcoming opportunity but also educates the Babson community about its culture.
Following are some of the prominent clubs of Babson College:
2. Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting (ALPHA)
3. Babson African Student Organization (BASO)
4. Babson Asian Pacific Student Association (BAPSA)
5. Babsol Hillel
6. PRIDE: Babson’s LGBTQ and Ally Student Organization
Do you have a Profile that is good enough for Top Schools?
Take our Free Profile Evaluation & Find Out
The Masters in Finance at Babson College provides immense career opportunities for the graduates. Handshake is the online platform for Babson College, which provides the students with necessary information about various jobs and internship opportunities, which are exclusively for Babson Students. In 2020, Babson college recorded a 99% placement rate within six months of graduation. Also, VMock provides students with AI( Artificial Intelligence) to help build competitive resumes and LinkedIn profiles.
Top companies recruiting from Babson College
- The Brattle group
- Essex Investments
- Relay investments
- Wellington management company
- New York life
- Staples Inc
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $18,768|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $7,000|
|Average Salary||$69,000 |
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earnings)||3.84 years|
Which Schools are Dream, Competitive & Safe for you?
Find via our Profile Evaluation
Babson College Alumni Info
The Babson college is a home to many of the successful entrepreneurs including Arthur Blank- The founder of Home Depot. Babson College has an extensive alumni network of 43,000 alumni across different sectors in over 129 countries availing exchange between students and management across globe. In addition, the network organizes more than 1000 events to facilitate exchange between students and members and provide counselling to prospective students. As a result, 99% of MFin. graduates got placed within six months of graduation. Therefore, Babson MFin placements ensure that their students get the right job at the best place.
Babson College Notable Alumni-
- Arthur. M blank (Co-founder Home depot)
- Matt coffin (Former president Lowermybills.com)
- William D Green (Former CEO and chairman of Accenture)
The Babson Masters in Finance program is one of the most popular in the world. Attracting some of the highest performers and providing an excellent exchange between students. It allows you the opportunity to broaden your Financial technical skills, balance in-depth theory with practical experience & indulge yourself in the corporate, economic and financial worlds. So push, dare and challenge yourself to fulfil your business potential. There is no doubt that one can benefit extensively from what the school has to offer.
Babson College is the global leader of entrepreneurship education. The F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College offers both the Masters and various Certificate programs but irrespective of the degree, you’ll graduate with a entrepreneurial-rich mindset, says the Babson College.
- Babson college requires high academic standing, 3.6-4.0 GPA is required.
- 1-3 Years of average work experience is required for the admission into Babson College for Masters in Finance.
- GMAT/ GRE score
- Visa Requirements
NECHE, AACSB, EQUIS.
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Book a Free Strategy Session to understand how we can help you get into the World’s Best Schools.
The application requirements for Babson College are given below. Babson College accepts GRE/GMAT Scores for Masters in Finance. The applicant is recommended that a strong essay, LOR, and other transcripts help you gain admission at Babson. For English Proficiency, you’ll have to submit IELTS or TOEFL Scores.
- Essay, plus supplemental question
- 1 letter of academic recommendation from a former or current finance professor
- Transcripts from all institutions, undergraduate and graduate
- Candidates may include an essay to provide additional pertinent information to the admissions committee (optional)
- Video interview
The Babson College MFin application comprises three long essays and some short answer questions. Babson takes its essays very seriously and uses them as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. In addition, it helps them better understand the applicant’s profile. So, make sure your essays as an applicant are top-notch.
Q1. Babson College educates entrepreneurial leaders who create great economic and social value everywhere. Using Babson’s mission describe your short and long- term goals and how your goal(s) align with this mission. We encourage you to highlight your strengths, any recent accomplishments, or future ambitions.
Q2. Babson educates entrepreneurs of all kinds. Some students will seek to start businesses; others will seek to grow established businesses with innovative approaches and solutions. What kind of entrepreneur will you be? How do you intend to leverage Babson’s resources to support your ambitions?
Q 3. Please use this space (150 words max) if you would like to voluntarily share with the admissions committee any extenuating circumstances that have impacted an aspect of your application (e.g. your undergraduate GPA, a gap in your work experience, etc.).
Let us read through what we have learnt till now about Masters in Finance from Babson College.
- Babson College believes that Financial World is the pillar of the economy and its Masters in Finance Course equips the students with all the necessary skills.
- You have 9-16 month duration options for pursuing Masters in Finance from Babson College. 30 Credits in 9 months (2 Semester option) or 16 months (3 semester option) will be provided
- 1-3 years of average work experience is preferred for Masters in Finance.
- Babson College has test-optional policy for GRE/GMAT.
- More than 43,000 executives from 129 countries make up the global alumni network.
Babson Masters in Finance admission process is easy, but the requirements need to be kept in mind. A GMAT or GRE score is required in Masters in Finance, along with other requirements as mentioned in the blog. Through this Masters in Finance Babson College review, you must have gained sufficient information about Babson Masters in Finance.
FAQ No- 1 Is Babson College Worth it?
Yes, Definitely. Babson College is the number 1 university for entrepreneurship as per US News and world Records for 28 consecutive years.
FAQ No- 2 What is Babson College known for?
Babson College is known for its top-notch Business education programs, diversity in population, entrepreneurship course offerings, and extensive & holistic approach for admission process.
FAQ No- 3 How far is Babson College from Boston?
5 min (1.2 mi) via Congress St
FAQ No- 4 How hard is it to get into Babson College?
The acceptance rate to get into the Babson College is as low as 26%. For every 100 applicants, only 26 are admitted, so make sure your scores are profile are competitive enough.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services
Other schools you can check
Imperial College Business School Ranks 2nd in the UK and 15th in the world. The MSc Management program is an intensive, full-time, one-year program that prepares graduates coming from diverse academic…
The LSE MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at LSE and understand if it would be the correct choice for them.
UCL is a world-class business school in central London. It has been ranked amongst the top-notch B-schools in Europe and its MSc Finance program is an internationally known master’s program, bringing together expert lectures and brilliant minds.