Master of Science in Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership
Wellesley, Massachusetts, USA
Babson MSEL Overview
Babson College’s Master of Science in Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership (MSEL) is a nine-month comprehensive program that equips students with the necessary practical knowledge and academic precision to thrive in the workplace with an emphasis on aspects like social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
The program is split into two semesters in which students not only study academically intense courses like marketing, economics, operations, management, and finance but also engage in leadership activities and hands-on learning projects.
Babson MSEL Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’19||23|
Want to know your chances at Babson?
Program and Curriculum
The MSEL Programme is intended to equip students with extensive knowledge of business and practical exposure with experiential learning projects and participation in leadership activities. Babson encourages students of all academic backgrounds to apply to this specialized program. Also, the Leading Entrepreneurial Action Project (LEAP), fosters students to think beyond the usual to develop a business idea or resolve a business problem. This course advances the careers of students by presenting skill-building sessions, seminars, and unique global exposure.
- Core Courses
- Global Experience
- Clubs and Activities
- Professional &Entrepreneurial Courses
- Strategic Analysis and Consulting Project
- Operations Management
- Managerial Accounting (Resource Planning)
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Methods (Data Exploration)
- Entrepreneurial Economics
- Information Technology
- Finance for Entrepreneurs
The course provides an exciting opportunity to students to discover international business environment and develop their world views as the entrepreneurial leaders. Travel for 8-12 days to locations such as Chile,China and Tanzania provides students an exceptional international business exposure.
“It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final.” – Roger Babson
With more than 100 student clubs and organizations on campus, Babson fosters a campus environment that empowers in you a desire to co-create experiences in partnership with others.Students are encouraged to start new clubs and organizations that fill an unmet need. The process for starting a new organization is not difficult. We intentionally keep red tape to a minimum so that students can pursue their ambitions with administrative support, not interference.
Many of the events and activities that take place on campus are initiated and designed by students providing an immediate opportunity to apply and practice entrepreneurial leadership. This is another way in which Babson empowers students to create their own path.
- LEAP-Design, Entrepreneurship, and Organizational Behaviour (4.5 credits): Designing, defining and solving a real time business problem
- Creating you- Building your Professional Life (1.5 credits): Comprised of skill-building sessions, seminars with Babson’s centers and institutes, and opportunities for reflection, this aspect of the program will provide support in career development.
The Strategic Analysis Consulting project provides an opportunity to students to solve a real-time business problem faced by a local company in the Boston area. A strategic solution is presented to the company to address the business problem, evaluate strategies and provide the students with hands-on business experience.
The MSEL Course prepares students to achieve their professional goals through its academic curriculum particularly Creating You :Building your professional life. Top MSEL Employers Deloitte Consulting, Fisher Investments, Innogeek Group, Monsanto Growth Ventures,Oracle Corporation, The New England Team, Tradecraft
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
|Operations & Logistics||14%|
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $10,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,600|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||1.56 years|
Babson Alumni Info
With a responsive network of more than 38,000 alumni, the MSEL program proudly presents an employment rate of more than 81% with three months of graduation and 95% within 6 months of graduation.
Some of the enterprising young alumni of Babson’s MSEL program include- Iyan Adeendren Ayyan Kodiswaran, CEO of Capital Circle, Shriyans Bhandari CEO Greensole, Katrina Fludd Senior diversity and inclusion specialist Princeton University, Alfred Schofield Co-founder Vitalfit nutrition and so on.
Some Famous Alumni
- Arthur Blank, Co-founder of Home Depot.
- Alberrto Perlman, Co-founder of Zumba Fitness.
- Ruthie Davis, President of luxury shoe brand Ruthie Davis.
Masters of Science in Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership : Class Profile
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE'S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Babson College is an esteemed business and entrepreneurship institution in the USA. It’s Masters of Science in Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership (MSEL) Program is ranked #1 by Entrepreneur Graduate Program (U.S. News & World Report, 1994–2020). Also, it is famous for its exceptional curriculum that utilizes the Entrepreneurial Thought & Action (ET&A) methodology to educate students with a pro-bono method in classrooms.
- Graduate (in any discipline)
- An individual having less than one year of full-time corporate work experience
Connect with an Babson expert
Understand How We Can Help you 3X your Chances at Babson with our Services
Babson MSEL Deadlines
|Deadline Decision Available|
|October 16 Mid-December|
|January 7 Mid-February|
|March 3 Mid-April|
|April 14 Mid-May|
|June 1 Rolling|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- Online Application
- Letter(s) of recommendation— 1 letter of professional recommendation and 1 letter of academic recommendation
- Transcripts from all institutions, undergraduate and graduate
- GMAT or GRE score reports (The GMAT or GRE may be waived for applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better and meet one or more of the following criteria:
1. Have achieved a grade of B or better in two or more quantitative undergraduate and/or graduate courses
2. Have submitted a valid SAT or ACT score
3. Have acquired demonstrable analytical skills through professional certification with a quantitative focus – CFA/CPA/Six Sigma, etc.
- Video interview
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score reports for international applicants
- $100 application fee
- Optional items:Candidates may include an optional essay to provide additional pertinent information to the admissions committee.
For new applicants in all full-time and working professionals programs, an essay is required. Applicants may choose from one of two prompts listed below and respond in 500 words or less.
Babson College educates entrepreneurial leaders who create great economic and social value everywhere.
Using Babson’s mission, describe your short-term and long-term goals and how your goal(s) align with this mission. We encourage you to highlight your strengths, any recent accomplishments, or future ambitions.
Babson educates entrepreneurs of all kinds. Some students will seek to start businesses, others will seek to grow an established business with innovative approaches and solutions.
What kind of entrepreneur will you be? How do you intend to leverage Babson’s resources to support your ambitions?
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services