Berkeley HAAS MBA Review
Berkeley Haas is dedicated to the development of a new breed of leader, one who isn’t afraid to go beyond the box. It especially considers students who are willing to take calculated risks while promoting ambitious ideas, who are not hesitant to confront the status quo and express their opinions, who make decisions based on data and rigorous analysis, as well as a comprehension of human needs and behaviors, and whose extensive knowledge allows them to lead confidently and without any inhibitions.
Berkeley Haas MBA is from the dedicated business school of Berkeley, University of California. Since its inception, Berkeley Haas has been a trailblazer in the world’s top business schools. Its faculty is known for Nobel Prize-winning research and economic insights that continue to benefit and aid firms and governing bodies with their impact. It’s the most distinguished culture business school, which believes and acts on the importance of culture in studies and organizations.
Berkeley HAAS MBA Class Profile
Berkeley-Haas School of Business MBA is known for selecting individuals with a demonstrated and strong profile. Moreover, the cohort’s ethnic diversity is another factor that AdCom takes into account while selecting its program’s cohort. Furthermore, in terms of candidates’ academic history, the program only selects candidates with exemplary GPA and GMAT scores.
Average Work Ex
Berkeley HAAS MBA Acceptance Rate
Berkeley-Haas School of Business MBA is known for its highly competitive nature. The program’s acceptance rate is around 13.2% the acceptance rate is based on candidates with a holistic profile and not only on the basis of GMAT or GRE scores.
Program and Curriculum of Berkeley HAAS MBA
The rigorous business foundations program of Berkeley-Haas School of Business MBA takes an interdisciplinary approach, allowing you to easily transition from “what is” to “what could be.” It immerses you in a variety of ways of thinking and views while also reinforcing your expanding knowledge through experiential learning opportunities.
The core curriculum’s 14 mandatory courses build on one another to create mastery of the analytical tools and vital information required to lead effectively. Beyond the core, you’ll be able to customize the majority of your MBA coursework to meet your own goals and interests.
- Data and Decisions
- Leading People
- Leadership Communication
- Economics for Business Decision Making
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Finance
- Data Analytics
- Macroeconomics in the Global Economy
- Business Communication in Diverse Work Environments
- Applied Innovation Elective
- Ethics and Responsibility in Business
- Data-Driven Presentations
- Strategic Leadership
- Applied Innovation Elective
Berkeley-Haas School of Business MBA students organise seminars, hikes, and visits to far-flung locales. They compete in case competitions, collect money for charities, and run a bewildering number of organisations and affinity groups.
Whatever your passions are, you’ll very certainly find a classmate who shares them, and even more likely, a dozen who are prepared to help.
These activities also provide you with the chance to flex your leadership muscles, form lasting bonds, and broaden your network among alumni and professionals who share your interests.
- International Business Development (IBD)
- Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM)
- Trips and Treks
- Asia Business Club
- Berkeley Cannabis Industry Club
- Berkeley Energy & Resources Collaborative at Haas (BERC)
- Berkeley Haas Technology Club
- Berkeley Real Estate Club (BREC)
- Digital Media and Entertainment (DMEC)
- European Business Club (EBC)
- Finance Club
- General Management and Strategy
- Haas Africa Business Club
- Haas Consulting Club
- Haas Data Science Club
- Haas Education Club
- Haas FinTech Club
- Haas Healthcare Association
- Haas Innovation Design
- Haas Marketing Club
- Haas Policy and Politics Club
- Haas Sports Business Club
- Haas Venture Capital Club
- International Development & Enterprise Club
- Investment Club
- Net Impact
- Private Equity Club
- Black Business Student Association
- Challenge 4 Charity (C4C)
- Haas Arts Club
- Haas Beer Club
- Haas Christian Fellowship
- Haas Golf Club
- Haas Improv Club
- Haas Mindfulness Club
- Haas Partners Club
- Haas Soccer Club
- Haas Wine Club
- Jewish Business Club
- Latin American and Hispanic Business Association
- LatinX Business Club
- Women in Leadership
- Young Entrepreneurs at Haas
Case and Competitions
- The University of California’s Startup Accelerator
- Women in Leadership Conference
- Haas Healthcare Conference
- Africa Business Forum
- SHECANN Summit
Eligibility and Requirements for Getting into Berkeley HAAS MBA
- GPA of B (3.0) or better is generally the standard for serious consideration.
- GMAT or GRE scores
- English Language Proficiency Requirement (if applicable)
- Work experience of more than 3.8 years
- University Transcripts
- GMAT or GRE score
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- English Proficiency Tests for international students TOEFL, IELTS
Berkeley HAAS MBA Deadlines
Berkeley-Haas School of Business MBA fall intake the program is known to open admission portals for 300 students. Candidates with an overall developed profile is known to receive admit from the program. Students are known to receive admit from a number of industries and backgrounds.
- Deadline: September 23, 2022
- Decision: December 16, 2022
- Deadline: January 6, 2023
- Decision: March 24, 2023
- Deadline: April 7, 2023
- Decision: May 12, 2023
Berkeley HAAS MBA Employment
Berkeley-Haas School of Business MBA school’s strategic location and strong relationships to multinational corporations offer you with the tools and connections you need to advance your career.
Berkeley Haas MBA graduates are hired as interns and full-time workers by top financial institutions, consulting firms, consumer product manufacturers, and technology companies. Employers seek out Berkeley MBA students because they exhibit a thorough awareness of best practices for the evolving technological, global, and human components of the business, as well as a mastery of powerful mathematical and management tools.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Berkeley HAAS MBA Graduates
- McKinsey & Co.
- Boston Consulting Group
- Bain & Co.
- EY Parthenon
- L.E.K Consulting
- Capital Group
- FutureX Capital
- Analysis Group Inc.
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Visa Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- LinkedIn Corporation
Berkeley HAAS MBA Alumni Info
Berkeley-Haas School of Business MBA boasts highly engaged alumni chapters- 46 globally and 36 in the US. There are 41k+ active Berkeley Haas Alumni in the world, acting as local and global leaders in various distinguished positions and industries.
Some Famous Alumni
- Arun Sarin ’78 (Board of Directors Ola, Cisco Systems, Charles Schwab and Accenture)
- Shantanu Narayen ’86 (CEO Adobe Inc.)
- Peter Schiff ’87 (CEO Euro Pacific Captial Inc.)
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Berkeley HAAS MBA
Berkeley-Haas School of Business MBA asks for two essays in their application process. The essays are required to gauge your potential and understand your perspective on why you think Berkeley HAAS MBA is the right fit for you.
What makes you feel alive when you are doing it and why? (300 words)
The definition of successful leadership has evolved over the last decade and will continue to change. What do you need to develop to become a successful leader? (300 words)
Letter of Recommendation for Berkeley HAAS MBA
Two letters of recommendation are required, one of which should be from a current employer. Choose people with whom you’ve had a lot of professional interaction, such as your boss or a key client.
Title of your recommender is not really important. However, the recommender must be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. It would be highly helpful if he could talk about how valuable you are as an employee, your professional success, personal traits and interpersonal abilities at the workplace.
Please understand that a letter of recommendation from relatives, friends, family members is not appropriate and hence, you should avoid submitting the same.
The program also gives their candidates a choice of not submitting a letter of recommendation. However, in such case you should give a suitable reason as to why you do not wish to submit the recommendation. All in all, it is generally recommended for you to submit two Letter of Recommendations.
The program offers a form that the recommender must fill and submit.
The following questions are to be answered by the recommender.
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization.
- How does the applicant’s performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?)
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
- In the Berkeley Haas MBA program, we develop leaders who embody our distinctive culture’s four key principles. Please comment on how the applicant reflects this Berkeley Haas value.
- (Optional) Is there anything else we should know?
Interview Questions for Berkeley HAAS MBA
Selected candidates are called for Interviews by invitation only. Interviews are conducted remotely with a current student or alumni using taped video.
What Makes Berkeley HAAS MBA Unique
- While studying theoretical and practical engineering and management issues, the curriculum will assist you in exploring areas such as artificial intelligence, robotics, and management abilities.
- Through seminars and external lectures, you’ll have frequent access to internationally renowned speakers, allowing you to stay current on growing knowledge in electronic engineering and related topics.
- Our department is focused on research, and we have a reputation for providing research-based instruction and project supervision from industry specialists.
- All students get easy access to large libraries and important scientific organisations, such as the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS), the Institution of Engineering and Technology, and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, thanks to our central London location (IMechE).
University of California, Berkeley, is among the very best universities to study in USA. Not just for the business programs, but you can find all sorts of master courses at the university, such as engineering, data science, IT, and more. However, the Hass School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley, has its name known globally. If you wish to obtain an MBA degree that is recognized worldwide and adds great value to your profile, Berkeley-Haas school of business MBA is the right place for you. Admission to the business school is quite competitive, hence start preparing now for better chances.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What is the difference between the Full-time, Evening & Weekend, and Executive Berkeley MBA programs?
The key distinction between the programmes is the student profile. Full-time students have an average of 5 years of job experience, while evening and weekend students have an average of 7 years of work experience, and Berkeley Executive MBA students have an average of 12 years of work experience.
How can I know more about the program?
The best way to learn more about the program is to go through the program’s website. Another method that you can use is to network with the program’s current students or by participating in various events organised by the school.
What are the financial aids available to the program?
The program is known to offer multiple scholarships as well as loans to assist its cohort. You can visit the website and go through the various opportunities available to the program’s cohort.
Can I work off-campus while pursuing the program?
No. Unfortunately, due to the program’s extensive curriculum, it is difficult for candidates to work during the first year of their program. However, many second-year students are known to work while pursuing the program.
I received a bachelor’s degree from India, am I eligible for the program?
Applicants who have undergone the four-year bachelor’s degree program are eligible for consideration for this program.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services