Masters in Engineering Management in Australia
Plenty of scholarships are available in Australian Universities for International students. Opportunities to explore international markets through internships and live projects. Multinational corporate partners of Australian Universities enable the students to explore various career options. A specialty field of study that is extremely distinct from other management courses is the masters in engineering management in australia.
Applying for MeM in Australia ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Australia has an impressive global goodwill, 4 among the top 150 universities in the world are in Australia.
When it comes to studying masters in engineering management in australia, international students have a lot of options. There are 43 universities in Australia, including 40 Australian institutions, two international universities, and one private university. Six Australian institutions are among the world’s top 100, demonstrating the importance of both quantity and quality. Australia is a multicultural melting pot. The abundance of cultures not only allows you to move outside of your regular comfort zone and try something new, but it also allows you to feel at home in a multicultural situation. Wonderful culinary selections, public international holidays, and the opportunity to learn a different language are just a few of the advantages of living in a varied environment.
It’s no wonder that Australia’s universities are among the best in the world, as they provide a wide range of degrees and majors. When you study in Australia, you have a wide range of alternatives and combinations to pick from, whether you want to study engineering, English, medical, or mathematics. It’s a good idea to call your short list of universities ahead of time to check what they have to offer and if you fit the standards. Australia is known for its varied landscape. The Outback is known for its vast grasslands and strange wildlife. If you enjoy the beach, there are thousands of kilometres of undeveloped coastline to pick from.
La Trobe University
• MEM from La Trobe University is a two-year full-time program divided into 4 semesters.
• The fee of one year is $38,600.
• You can get an average Salary ranging between $104,000 to $120,000 after completing the degree.
• An undergraduate degree from any Australian University or equivalent.
• An IELTS with at least 6.0 grade.
• Students without Bachelor’s degree must have 5 or more years’ of experience.
University of South Australia
• MEM from University of South Australia is a two-year full-time program divided into 4 semesters.
• The fee of each year for Non-EU students is $36,900.
• You can get an average Salary of $105,000 after completing the degree.
• An undergraduate degree in engineering, science or technology.
• An IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
• MEM from RMIT University is a two-year full-time program divided into 4 semesters.
• The fee of each year for international students is $42,240.
• You can get an average Salary of $75,000 after completing the degree.
• Successful completion of an bachelor degree with minimum 2 gpa.
• GMAT or GRE is not required for the program however its good to have.
• You need an IELTS score of minimum 6.5 overall to in order to get the admission.
University of Technology Sydney
• MeM from UTS is a 1 year full time or
2 years part time.
• The total program fee for international students is $63,144.
• You can get an average Salary of $65,000 after completing the degree.
• It is a requirement that the bachelor’s degree was completed.
• GMAT or GRE is not required however its good to have.
• Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL, internet based score-79-93.
The Master in Engineering Management in Australia is a highly specialized degree offered in various specializations, including mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering. Two years are spent on a full-time technical program. The number of universities in Australia that offer postgraduate engineering degrees exceeds 45. Numerous universities also offer engineering specialization as a master’s degree. In 2018, 6449 international students were enrolled in master’s programs in engineering or related technical fields. Total new enrollments were 9,364 people.
The Master in Engineering Management in Australia covers everything, from fundamental engineering concepts to practical mathematical methodologies. To qualify for this program, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering and fundamental knowledge of physics and math. At one of the best universities in Australia, the cost of a Master of Engineering degree ranges from 29,600 to 48,000 Australian dollars per year (15.4 lakhs to 25 lakhs INR). In Australia, graduates can anticipate making an average salary of 81,500 AUD (42.34 lakhs INR) per year.
The program’s main objective is to develop students’ skills and increase their knowledge of marketing theories and principles. The average annual course cost at top universities in the UK that offer an MSc in Marketing ranges from 20,000 GBP to 29,500 GBP (or 19 lakhs to 28 lakhs INR). In comparison to the fees, graduates are offered an entry-level salary of 37,000 GBP per year (35.4 lakhs INR). Up to 132,000 GBP, or 1.26 crore INR, can be paid out annually in this manner. With a degree in marketing, graduates are typically hired for managerial or associate positions.
Why Pursue Master in Engineering Management in Australia?
A recent Graduate Careers Australia report will most likely pique your interest as a prospective student, which confirms that there will be a healthy job market for Engineering graduates and students in Australia. The growing demand for engineers in Australia is also supported by the leading firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), which claims that Australia will need to train 20,500 additional engineers over the next 20 years, in addition to the current projections.
Given these facts, it is not surprising that the Master in Engineering Management is extremely popular among international students and is offered by several prestigious Australian universities.
Why Australia for this degree
- Engineering requires sound theoretical understanding and real-world application, unlike the pure sciences. A world-class engineering course must have the necessary tools, motivation, and abilities to impart a thorough understanding of engineering and its practical applications to its students.
- Universities ought to provide them with the knowledge and abilities they’ll require to adjust to a technological environment that is changing quickly once they graduate. Students who take an entrepreneurial approach to engineering have an advantage over their peers and are better prepared to become future leaders, innovators, and inventors.
- According to the latest Graduate Careers Australia report, there will be a healthy job market for Master in Engineering Management students, which would probably pique your interest as a prospective student. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) estimates that Australia will need to teach 20,500 more engineers over the next 20 years, far exceeding current projections, to support the growing demand for engineers in Australia.
- Given these details, it should be no surprise that international students are well-liked by the Master of Engineering Management program offered by several prestigious Australian universities.
- At Australian universities, the relationship between a top-notch education and a sober assessment of the future job market is evident. We think India is the best choice for Indian engineering students for the following reasons.
- Approximately 2,4% of engineering positions are unfilled in Australia as of 2019. By 2020, more jobs will be available in the engineering sector, rising 7.9%.
- There were approximately 4,092 engineering job listings per month in Australia in 2019. Some noteworthy aspects of the Australian Master in Engineering Management in Australia. Australia’s two-year, 72-credit Master of Engineering program is divided into two semesters. The following categories comprise the 72 credits:
1) The professional engineering track consists of 18 credits.
2) A noteworthy decision is worth 42 credit points.
3) The list of majors available to students includes civil engineering, biomedical engineering, robotics, cybersecurity, telecommunications and electronics, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, manufacturing and management, and others.
4) The remaining 12 credits will be used for elective courses. Any two electives with a total of six credits are available to students.
- According to their career goals, students can select electives from a variety of fields, such as those unrelated to engineering or those that will help them understand their major streams more thoroughly.
Details on pursuing a Masters in Engineering Management in Australia:
After completing your masters in engineering management in Australia, you will have skills in technical design, mathematics, engineering and technology, computers and electronics, and personal/customer service. These will assist you in obtaining job opportunities in Australia and other countries. Students seeking shorter-term engineering management postgraduate programs can enroll in graduate certificates or diploma programs to acquire the necessary skills.
Pursuing Masters in Engineering Management in Australia
While there are several criteria to consider, you must keep the following in mind when choosing your Master’s program: International students must complete two years of full-time study in Australia in order to be eligible for a post-study work visa upon graduation.
Some Australian universities offer dual degree programs that allow you to earn a Master’s degree alongside your MEM degree. The additional Master’s degree will help you develop greater expertise in technical or management areas, complementing the MEM degree.
For example, the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) offers the MEM + MBA for students interested in management and the MEM + Master of Engineering, which students can pursue with or without a specialization. Popular specializations include biomedical engineering, civil engineering, computer control, environmental engineering, Geotechnical engineering, manufacturing, operations, software systems, structural engineering, telecommunication networks, and telecommunications.
Similarly, Queensland University of Technology (QUT) offers the MEM + Master of Project Management for management enthusiasts and the MEM + Master of Engineering, where students can choose to specialize in Mechanical, Networking, or forgo specialization entirely.
You can fulfill the requirements for a post-study work visa by completing these two-year dual degrees.
You should also be aware of the additional advantage of receiving two masters in engineering management in Australia in just two years.
How Do I Apply for a Master’s in Engineering Management in Australia?
Apply Here for a Masters in Engineering Management in Australia
Documents that must be scanned include:
- Academic transcripts are records of previous degrees’ examinations and grades.
- Certificates of completion of graduation
- Complete Curriculum Vitae
- Student visa for Australia
- Supporting documentation for English language proficiency tests
When applying for a program abroad, every International student wishes for a smoother process. The detailed procedure for applying to Australian universities for a masters in engineering management in Australiais below.
How Do You Apply?
- When you visit the university’s official website, look for the option for international students.
- Look for programs and corresponding information.
- Examine the tuition and scholarship options.
- Applications must be submitted.
- Apply for a visa once you have received an acceptance letter.
Admissions to masters in engineering management in Australia are extremely competitive. Applicants are evaluated using various criteria, including interviews, scores on standardized tests, previous academic achievement, and so on. It is made public four to eight months after the decision is made public.
Cost of Living in Australia
The cost of living in another country is heavily influenced by a student’s choice of accommodation, lifestyle, city, and university. Accommodation is one of the most expensive aspects of studying away from home. Australia offers a wide range of options for student housing.
Australia’s cost of a master’s degree in engineering management
The discussion mentioned above covers the total costs for pursuing a masters in engineering management in Australia. Between 35,000 and 58,000 AUD are spent annually on average. An Indian student will have to pay annual tuition fees ranging from 18 to 30 lakhs INR at the current exchange rate (June 20). In terms of Indian Rupees, the program’s total cost could reach 39,72,000 INR, depending on how long the program lasts,
The Australian government requires international students to have an additional 21,000 AUD in annual living expenses.
|Degree Level||Tuition Fee (AUD)|
|Master of Engineering Management||30,576|
|Master of Engineering: – Civil Engineering||90,000|
|Master of Engineering (Civil and Structural)||59,000|
|Master of Engineering Management||29,990|
|Master of Engineering (Civil)||92,000|
|Master of Advanced Engineering (infrastructural system-Civil engineering)||66,000|
|Master of Engineering Management||37,376|
Opportunities for Scholarships
Australia has prepared several benefits for international students. Australia has many benefits that make it a popular destination, especially for Indian students, even though Australian universities continue to rise in the global rankings. These include a high standard of living and a large international student population. Another benefit of higher education in Australia is the abundance of scholarships offered to international students at all levels—undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral—who are always looking for the best deal. There are two types of these scholarships: those offered by universities and those provided by the Australian government.
|Scholarship||University Name||Amount of the Scholarship (USD)|
|Engineering (Management) Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students||University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||5,000 USD|
|International Merit Scholarship||Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||25% off tuition for the first two semesters|
|La Trobe Excellence Scholarship||La Trobe University||Course fees can be reduced by up to 25%|
|The Melbourne Graduate Scholarship||Melbourne University||Course fee reimbursement ranges from 25% to 100%|
|International Merit Scholarship||University of South Australia||Tuition fees will be reduced by 25%|
Jobs in Australia for Engineering Management Graduates
In the engineering management industry, full-time employees typically make around 3427 AUD per week. The weekly average for Australia is 1460 AUD, so this is higher.
The majority of professionals work in manufacturing, scientific and technical fields, as well as construction. Depending on the company, starting salaries for entry-level positions start at AUD 57,000 or more.
|Job Roles||Annual Wage (in AUD)|
|Lead Software Engineer||115,400|
|Software Engineering Manager||122,100|
|Field Engineering Manager||112,800|
|Director of Engineering||141,000|
Master of Engineering Management in Australia Placements
There are many benefits to pursuing a Master in Engineering Management in Australia because, in contrast to American universities, Australian universities offer a one-year program. In Australia, there are currently 22,900 engineering managers working. Students who complete the program can find employment in reputable businesses with competitive pay because engineering managers are crucial to the global economy.
In addition to teaching you the fundamentals of project management, the Master’s program will give you knowledge in systems engineering and quality control that you can apply at any level of seniority to improve the caliber of your work and the solutions you create. With the program’s help, you can also incorporate technical factors into the overall project plan and execution.
According to Engineers Australia, there are four stages in the typical career path for engineers, with Stages 1 and 2 concentrating on gaining expertise in the field. You have the chance to accelerate your professional development in the industry and gain access to the managerial positions described in Stage 3 through the MEM program.
Engineers command high starting salaries, with a median annual salary of $60,000, which is the fifth-highest for graduates. However, the roles you can apply for in the industry will depend on the industry experience you have had before graduating, according to the most recent Graduate Careers Australia report.
Studying a masters in engineering management in Australia has advantages over studying in the US because Australian universities also offer a one-year program. Engineering managers make up 22,900 of the total workforce in Australia today. Due to the importance of engineering managers to the world economy, graduates of the program have the opportunity to find employment in well-paying organizations with a global reputation.
Engineers play a critical role in the global economy and are employed in almost every sector of the global economy. Additionally, the landscape of technology-related projects is changing quickly, and there is a high demand for qualified engineers. On top of everything else, industry reports suggest that it is highly likely that this demand will keep increasing in the upcoming years.
Graduates of the Masters in Engineering Management program in Australia can choose from a wide range of career options in such a setting, making it a fantastic choice for you as an international student.
Is Australia a good place to study engineering management?
An engineering management master’s degree is available from some of Australia’s top-ranked universities both nationally and internationally. NPV is greater than that of other nations. The tuition costs for this program are lower without sacrificing quality compared to those in the US and the UK.
What is the Master's in Engineering Management (MEM) scope in Australia?
The answer is that MEM graduates find work as project managers, business analysts, production engineers, field engineering managers, etc. From 2018 to 2023, there will be an expected increase of over 2600 jobs annually. The salaries offered to engineer managers (AUD 3427/week) are higher than the weekly average for all occupations in Australia (AUD 1460), indicating greater demand and growth in the industry.
How much does a Master of Engineering Management in Australia cost?
The program’s annual tuition fees range between AUD 35,000 and AUD 58,000. This cost is estimated to be between 18 and 30 lakh INR for an Indian student. Living expenses in Australia for international students will be around AUD 21,000 per year.
What are the requirements for a Masters in Engineering Management in Australia?
International students interested in pursuing a master’s degree in engineering management in Australia must hold a relevant bachelor’s degree with a percentile of 70-90%. English language proficiency scores are aslo required. The required IELTS score is 6.5, and the minimum TOEFL score that Applicants can submit is 79. These may differ from one university to the next.
What are some of the top universities in Australia that offer Masters in Engineering Management?
Some of the popular universities offering Masters of Engineering Management in Australia are:
- The Queensland University of Technology
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Technology Sydney
- The University of Newcastle
- La Trobe University
You Might Also Like
Best MeM Colleges in USA
It is true that study abroad programs are not exactly pocket-friendly, but with the host of funding options available, they are certainly affordable.
Best MeM Colleges in Canada
University selection that matches your expectations can be a very long and painstaking process. Initially, you might feel overwhelmed and confused …
Best MeM Colleges in UK
Many universities along with government and private agencies have offered scholarships to select students. As a matter of fact, there are 16 billion euros worth …