Masters in Finance Career Path
The goal of any student who has graduated is to stand in their own feet and have a successful and fulfilling career ahead of them. in order to do so, one must hard and smart, taking the right steps in order to secure a good spot on the job market for themselves.
In order to have a successful future, a professional should have a good beginning. This can be done by applying for an appropriate level of degree in the right field of study, there are many options out there which are very popular among students that could lead to a successful career. One of those courses is finance and the degree of study is Post-graduate or Masters.
Finance is an important field of study and has many applications in all sectors, business or otherwise. The advantage of having a masters is that students will be able to instil a sense of confidence in employers. A master’s degree curriculum teaches advanced topics to the students who are more practically involved.
Hence, the students who pass out are more professional.
What is to follow is a brief overview of the course, some of its advantages and a look at the job opportunities available to a Master’s in Finance holder.
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Get The Most Comprehensive Profile Evaluation
- Personalized School Suggestions (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- Access To Sample Essays And Interview Questions
What is Finance?
Finance is complicated but a very important field of study which is essentially a business-related subject and has application in any type of business. Finance deals with any activity that involves banking, debit, credit, capital market and investments. The subject deals with tracking the flow of money through the various forms that it takes.
It has become a very important sector of business. All companies, irrespective of the market they cater to, deal with investment in many forms. They have to manage the stakeholders of their company and also look into various investment endeavours which could help in the expansion of their companies. In order to do so, they require professionals who know how to study the market and come up with strategies. This where professionals with the knowledge of finance come in.
Professionals who have studied finance can be hired to job titles which will monitor organization finance or analysis and advise techniques to improves one’s finances. In respect to application, the field of finance can be divided based on the size of the organization. The three types of finance are personal, corporate and government (public).
Personal finance focuses on the financial activity of individuals. This kind of finance is varying and fluid, depending upon the specific needs of an individual like future goals, retirement plans, starting college funds etc. Corporate finance deals with companies and organizations. Startups looking for investors for a portion in the companies’ assets and companies planning to go public on the stock exchange come under this section.
Investment banks would be involved in providing these services. Public or Government finance involves taxes, budgeting and debt issuance, which affect the entire countries economy. This is an important section which helps keep the country afloat.
Advantages of Studying Masters in Finance
A master degree has many advantages on its own and can help the student get on a successful track for their career. A masters of finance is no exception and their many advantages to pursuing it, some of them are listed below:
- There are many master degrees out there which students opt for, believing that they would help further their career. Most of these degrees, though helping students gain a more professional perspective towards their work, are not very technical or subject focused. A course like a master in business administration and master in management have a curriculum which touches upon all subjects. Master of Finance will help students in learning advanced skills in a specific subject, pulling all of their efforts and focuses towards one sole task.
- Master of Business Administration is regarded as a one-way course which will lead a student to the heights of career success. The course is so famous that most of the business schools all over the world have built their reputation solely on this one course. The course teaches advanced workplace problem-solving skills, applicable in all businesses. On top of being a 2-year course, as a prerequisite to join, students must have had work experience of 6-12 months in the field. Master of Finance, on the other hand, welcomes recently graduated students to join the course, which has a duration of 12-18 months.
- Most master’s courses today are really costly and have high tuition fees. This can be attributed to the well-trained and experienced faculty along with other necessary resources required to teach an advanced course. Having considered all the factors it has been found that Master in Finance is one of the more affordable master’s courses which has a high percentage of employability.
- If one goes through the job market, they will find that it is made of professionals all holding the same three degrees. In order to look for a more specialized degree holder, one must go through a fine-toothed comb. The market is really saturated and this leaves business empty-handed, looking for professionals who have a high degree of knowledge in finance. Master in Finance holding professionals is like rare gems, which would be picked up instantly and paid high salaries.
Career paths afters Masters in Finance
There are many jobs out there for a financial professional in the form of many titles. Some of the career path after Masters in Finance :
The job of a financial analyst is like that of a detective. The job of the analyst is to collect and study financial data pertaining to the market. The collected data will then have to be broken down, information must be extracted and used to come up with financial strategies to help the organisation with its progress.
Financial Services Sales Agent
Financial Services Sales Agent will deal with a client in the form of securities and
commodities. Their job would be to make profitable sales and purchase of commodities on behalf of their clients, in a way so that to maximize their returns on each investment. It would also include monitoring financial security and studying the financial market for analysis.
A financial manager, sometimes known as the chief financial manager, is the professional sitting on top of all things finance related. This is generally an executive level job title and will give the individual to make decisions which will help keep the company’s financial goals in the right track. You would generally have a team of people working under you, carrying tasks like market analysis and budgeting.
Personal Financial Advisor
Sometimes their need for a professional to do a simple task like managing one’s money and investments in the most amicable way. Personal Financial Advisors are professionals who help individuals with making their financial decisions and advice on future investments based on their individual goals which may include retirement plans, insurance protection, real estate planning and much more.
Investment Bankers are individuals who are employed by banks and other such financial organisations. Their job includes advising companies and government organisations in the field of financial investment in order to raise their capital and have a high yield in their returns. This is one of the most sought-after jobs for most financial professionals and opens up many gateways for their future.
Insurance Finance Manager
The function of a financial manager is to help individuals with managing their finances in order to meet future goals. An insurance finance manager takes it one step further. along with helping with their finance, they will also help them procure good and affordable insurance for a commodity that they plan on purchasing, for example, a car.
If an individual has worked quite a few years in the field and amassed a pool of knowledge then they can always break off from the corporate sector start a consulting firm of their own. They work on an advisory capacity, free to choose their own projects and work with whomever they feel like.
In today’s world where there is a colossal need to stand out not only in terms of academic qualifications but also to be capable enough to sustain in the everlasting competition, master in finance is a prospective career option. It equips the aspirant with both, the crucial characteristics of a well informed businessman as well as a potential advisor or consultant who could guide companies or firms in a fruitful direction.
The world of business is dynamic and therefore people in the field need to be constantly updated and should be able to comprehend the repercussions of anything and everything that they do. In this chain, finance is one of the key factors on which many other elements depend.
Want to Know How We Can Help to take Your Masters in Finance Application to Next Level?