CEMS MiM Review
Offered at campuses of all 30 CEMS member institutes
CEMS MiM Overview
The CEMS Master’s in International Management degree is offered by the academic members of the CEMS Alliance as a joint degree. As a pre-experience postgraduate degree, it is available to select students pursuing the master’s program at one of the leading institutes of the CEMS Alliance.
CEMS MiM Highlights
Up to 3
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||–|
Want to know your chances at Cems?
Program and Curriculum
The CEMS MiM program seeks to foster critical thinking among its students. Furthermore, they are trained to assume personal responsibility of leadership.
The flexibility and global standards of the curriculum allows the students to develop international networks. This is made possible through exchange programs and the opportunity to study across more than one campuses. While the curriculum for all CEMS students remains the same, the global exposure of various different places adds to the global acumen.
Apart from 30 schools, the global partners also include 70 high-performing companies and 5 social partners that offer internships. Two terms are to be spent in studies while it is mandatory to have an internship term out of the 3 total terms. However, your internship should not overlap with the first term.
This eclectic combination of theoretical and practical learning leads to 5 learning outcomes: Internationalism, Business Embededness, Responsible Citizenship, Reflective Critical Thinking, and Comprehensive Leadership.
- Aalto University School of Business
- Copenhagen Business School
- Corvinus University of Budapest
- ESADE Business School
- Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo-FGV
- Graduate School of Management, St Petersburg State University
- HEC Paris
- HKUST Business School
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Ivey Business School
- Keio University
- Koç University Graduate School of Business
- Louvain School of Management
- National University of Singapore
- Norwegian School of Economics & Business Administration
- Nova School of Business and Economics
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Stockholm School of Economics
- The London School of Economics and Political Science
- The University of Sydney Business School
- Tsinghua University School of Economics and Management
- UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
- Università Bocconi
- University of Cologne
- University of Economics, Prague
- University of St.Gallen
- Vienna University of Economics & Business
- Warsaw School of Economics
- Mandatory courses: Courses in the fields of Global Strategy and Global Management Practice must be taken during the Term 1 and Term 2 respectively.
- Elective courses: Chosen courses from the respective institution.
- Exclusive courses: Elective courses that are exclusively offered to CEMS MiM students.
- Open electives: These courses allow for holistic development, including the likes of history and psychology.
- Business Communication (BCSS / participation is mandatory)
- Personal Development
- Intercultural skills
- Project Management
- Group work abilities
- International negotiation techniques
- Presentation skills
- CV building and Job Application preparation
It is mandatory to attend four Skill Seminar days which comprise of 2 ECTS (1 day = 8 hours = 0.5 ECTS). Out of this, at least two days should be in Business Communication.
96% of MiM graduates are either employed continuing their studies; 75% are employed with multinational companies. 36% of the total graduates are now living outside their home countries.
Top 3 Sectors
- Consulting 28%
- Technology 18%
- Consumer Goods 13%
Companies recruiting from CEMS MiM
- McKinsey & Company
- Ernst & Young
- DHL Consulting
- United Overseas Bank
- VTB Group
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
CEMS Alumni Info
CEMS Alumni Association comprises of a network 13000+ ex-students from over 100+ ethnicities, speaking more than 60 languages. More than 60% of them work for companies with 50,000+ employees.
Masters in Management : Class Profile
Connect with a CEMS expert
Understand How We Can Help you 3X your Chances at CEMS with our Services
CEMS is an alliance of 30 best business schools, 70 highly performing global companies as corporate partners and 5 Social partners dedicated to providing top line management education. Founded in 1988, this is a prestigious International Management Program Ranked No.9 by Financial Times. Also,the CEMS Master in International Management provides you with an oppourunity to study in three different campuses through various seminars held during the programme.
- Must be enrolled in a member school’s MSc program before starting their MIM program.
- Provide proof of academic preparation: have either received a Bachelor’s in Management or Economics or a related field, or successfully passed the equivalent of one year of full-time education at Master’s level in any of these areas (eventually to be presented at the program start).
- TOEFL, IELTS CPE C; CAE B; BEC Higher B, A-level GCSE issued in Singapore. (Applicants whose mother tongue is not English or do not hold a degree issued by an English-speaking institution)
University and company representatives select students locally for the CEMS MIM. In order to apply, students must follow the local application and selection procedure.
All MIM graduates must have language competence in three languages, one of which is English and another which must be a CEMS language.
- Students may declare more than one mother tongue. However, the languages must meet the requirements of the three languages (see above). Mother tongues are not tested but an honor statement confirming the student’s ability to speak and write the language adequately may be requested.
- The CEMS languages are: Arabic, Bengali, Cantonese, Czech, Danish, Dutch / Afrikaans, Farsi / Tajik, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi / Urdu, Hungarian, Indonesian / Malay, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbo- Croat (Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, and Montenegrin), Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
- The third language can be a CEMS language or any other language.
- Certain combinations of similar languages will not be allowed to fulfil the requirements (e.g. Danish / Swedish / Norwegian, Czech / Slovak, Catalan / Spanish, Afrikaans / Dutch, Ukrainian / Belarusian / Russian, Bosnian / Croatian / Serbian / Montenegrin/Slovenian).
Language assessment (On-line language courses are not accepted to fulfill the language requirements)
Deadlines, Intakes, and Program Fees
Deadlines, intakes, and program fees depend on specific partner schools.
- The key selection criteria will be assessed through written and/or online application documents and through a personal meeting (for example an interview or an assessment centre).
- Applicants will be required to submit documents containing a centrally designed application form, a motivation letter, a CV, language certificates and grade reports.
- Each CEMS university may require the student to include additional documentation. Please see the application form for the school you are interested and their fact sheet here.
- A pre-selection on the basis of the documents is carried out.
- In addition to the application documents, a panel jury comprising of an academic and a corporate representative, or an assessment centre evaluates the fulfilment of criteria.
Skills that CEMS values
CEMS applicants will be assessed based on the following CEMS-wide selection criteria:
1.INTELLECTUAL POTENTIAL & KNOWLEDGE
- Intellectual Potential
- Academic Excellence
- Prior Knowledge in the Business Field
2.ATTITUDE & SOFT SKILLS
- Desire to Achieve
- Interpersonal Competences
- Critical Thinking
- Motivation for the MIM Programme
- Language Skills
- International Openness and Cross-Cultural Aptitudes
Be sure to exhibit these qualities, with relevant examples, in your application, and in your interview.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services