One of the most well-liked study abroad locations for foreign students is the United Kingdom because of its famous colleges and top-notch education. The MBA program in the UK continues to be a favorite among international students out of all the courses that colleges in the country have to offer. Some of the best business schools in the world, like Warwick Business School, Said Business School, London Business School, and others, are located in the United Kingdom and are popular with MBA students from across the world.
When applying to a college overseas, one of the first things you should do is look into the tuition prices. It is undoubtedly difficult to manage tuition, rent, everyday expenditures, and so on when studying abroad. But how about picking a low-cost MBA in the UK without sacrificing quality? But what about picking a low-cost MBA in the UK without sacrificing educational quality?
This blog will present you with a list of colleges that provide the cheapest MBA in the UK for international students, as well as their rankings and popular low cost MBA programmes.
Why pursue an MBA in the UK?
Let us begin by examining why an MBA in the United Kingdom is a fantastic choice for overseas students. Some of the most important benefits of obtaining an MBA in the UK are listed below:
High-Quality Education: MBA programs in the United Kingdom provide excellent teaching and research. Experts regularly review and study the education system to ensure that the specified criteria are met. The instructors have accomplished professionals with years of experience in their specialized industries.
Program duration: The Uk one-year MBA program’s popularity is one of the key factors. Students find the UK’s one-year MBA program to be incredibly rewarding, economical, and time-efficient.
Diverse Specializations: In comparison to American business schools, an MBA in the UK offers a wide range of specializations.
MBA Tuition in the UK
The total cost of an MBA in the UK will depend on your personal decisions and the UK MBA fees your university charges. Tuition fees and living expenditures are two subcategories of costs.
Eligibility for MBA in the UK
- Students who want to be considered for an MBA must complete the minimum eligibility standards listed below, even if the requirements vary depending on the university.
- An applicable three-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is equal to a bachelor’s degree in the United Kingdom.
- GMAT/GRE scores that are competitive.
- show English language competency, appropriate IELTS/TOEFL or equivalent ELP exam scores are required.
Many UK institutions will desire a minimum of two years of job experience. If you are new to the field of management, there are several other universities in the UK that offer MBA without job experience.
MBA tuition varies per university in the United Kingdom. The fee is also influenced by the course or specialty you choose. Annual tuition at UK MBA programs ranges from £40,000 to £1,000,000.
The cost of living in the United Kingdom is dictated by your lifestyle and preferences. International students should budget between £1,215 and £1,715 per month for the academic year. It comprises all utilities such as lodging, food, transportation, stationery, and leisure activities.
Advantages of MBA Studying in the UK
The United Kingdom is one of the best places in the world to get an MBA. There are several reasons overseas students opt to pursue an MBA in the United Kingdom.
Here are five advantages of pursuing an MBA in the Uk.
It improves your learning experience.
Studying for an MBA in the United Kingdom improves your learning experience. UK universities are well-known for their brilliance in teaching and research and have a strong international reputation.
International market exposure
MBA programs at UK universities are designed to prepare you to enter the global economy professionally.
There are several study alternatives.
Full-time MBA programs, part-time programs, evening programs, and remote learning are all choices for students at UK universities.
Multiple module choices
Furthermore, each MBA program provides students with a variety of module options from which to pick. The institution constantly emphasizes student personal and professional development through its exceptional module options and frameworks.
Some institutions require that students do an internship in addition to the required modules as part of their course requirements.
- MBA at a Low Cost
- 12 to 18 months in duration
- 2 years of work experience is usually necessary, however it is not always required.
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.0 is required.
- Several intakes are scheduled throughout the year.
- If you do not meet the admission criteria, you can pursue a pre-MBA programme.
- MBA tuition prices start at £14,000 on average.
1. University of Bolton
The Master of Business Administration program at the University of Bolton provides vital skills that will set you apart from peers and help you to reach your maximum career potential. Bolton University offers an MBA program. The training can also be combined with a year of work experience.
- Tuition and expenses are £14,450 (INR 14,30,210).
- 1 year course duration
2. University College Birmingham
The UCB MBA is designed to address the needs of students seeking to gain management and business abilities, as well as to assist students in becoming more effective and successful as strategic business leaders. University College Birmingham (UCB) is well known for offering top-notch teaching and learning initiatives in the subjects covered by our curriculum, and it frequently receives recognition from a wide range of awarding organizations.
- Tuition and fees are £11,000 (INR 10,88,740).
- 6 months course duration
3. Teesside University
Teesside University is a world-class educational institution that is listed among the top 100 universities in the United Kingdom for business and management programmes. Accounting and finance studies are very popular at the institution. This programme will assist students in meeting the demands of senior educational leaders while also developing academic abilities to promote reflective practise.
- Tuition and fees: £14,300 (INR 14,15,360).
- Two years is the length of the course.
4. Staffordshire University
Since 2017, the Guardian has continuously ranked Staffordshire University among the top 100 institutions in the United Kingdom. Staffordshire is ranked 55th by The Guardian in 2021.
Tuition and costs are £15,500 (Rs 15,34,140) for a 13-month course.
5. Leeds Trinity University
Over the previous two years, Leeds has fared well in Accounting and Finance courses, as seen by its rating in The Complete University Guide. In addition, The Guardian has named Leeds University among the top 100 Business, Management, and Marketing schools for 2020 and 2021.
- Tuition and fees are £12,250 (INR 12,12,460).
- 1 year course duration
6. University of Ulster
Ulster is one of the biggest and most prestigious universities in Northern Ireland, with more than 24,000 students. The MSc Management programme combines advanced education with hands-on managerial experience. The curriculum supplements graduates’ previous knowledge and abilities by providing them with the information and skills needed to effectively manage and lead in a variety of sectors.
- Tuition and fees are £14,910 or INR 14,75,740 for a one-year course.
7. Leeds Beckett University
This course assists students in developing their managerial style and transforming them into strategic thinkers, preparing them for the unpredictable global business climate that we now confront. Healthcare Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Public Relations, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Finance and Accounting, and Finance are among the specializations available via the MBA program.
- Tuition and fees are £15,000 or INR 14,84,650 for a one-year course.
8. London School of Commerce
The MBA programme at the London School of Commerce fosters the ability to effectively manage and lead companies via the development of talents, knowledge expansion, and an awareness of a wide variety of management skills, concepts, and theories. The programme is intended for individuals from a range of backgrounds who want to further their careers internationally by developing their managerial skills.
- Tuition and fees are £6,950 (Rs. 6,87,880).
- 1 year course duration
9. University of Cumbria
Since 2017, The Guardian has put the University of Cumbria (UoC) among the top 120 institutions in the United Kingdom. UoC’s rating in The Complete University Guide – Business & Management Studies has risen from 116th in 2020 to 53rd in 2022.
- Tuition & fees – £12,000 or INR 11,87,720 \sCourse Duration – 1 year
10. University of West London
West London University According to The Guardian University Guide 2022, 95% of alumni found work within six months after graduation, and the university has risen to 35th place in the UK. The MBA programme strives to develop individual skills in leadership, innovation, entrepreneurship, self-awareness, and collaboration. The course will provide students the opportunity to study through a variety of techniques, such as blended learning with online assistance.
- Tuition and fees are £15,000 (Rs. 14,84,650) for a one-year course.
11. Glyndwr University
The Institute for Arts, Science, and Technology at Glyndwr University offers a one-year full-time postgraduate degree programme in MBA – Business Administration intended for persons, managers, and professionals aspiring to senior management and leadership roles. A student can specialise in Marketing, Accounting and Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, or IT Management.
- Tuition and fees are £11,000 (INR 10,88,740).
- 1-year course duration
12. Glasgow Caledonian University
The MBA programme at Glasgow Caledonian University gives insight into top corporate practises as well as supporting theory and research from a range of industrial areas. Students study a variety of topics to get a broad awareness and expertise of important management tasks such as global strategy, project and people management, business continuity, and risk management, all while strengthening their leadership qualities.
- Tuition and fees: £12,600 (INR 12,47,100).
- 1-year course duration
MBA specialisations that are in demand in the UK
When it comes to MBA specializations, the United Kingdom offers a plethora of options. Here is a list of the most popular MBA Courses in the United Kingdom –
- MBA in Finance – This program is aimed at students who want to work in high-level banks and financial companies.
- MBA in Marketing – This specialization seeks to provide students with an understanding of marketing management in a variety of industries.
- MBA in Entrepreneurship – Through research and theoretical frameworks, this course provides students with an understanding of entrepreneurial analysis.
- MBA in International Business – This MBA specialization is meant to improve international business abilities with a current perspective.
- MBA in Human Resource Management – This course format is designed to assist students in developing high-level human resource management abilities.
- MBA in Information Management – Intended to assist students in developing e-business, management information systems, and decision-making abilities.
- MBA in General Management – This specialization assists students in developing the abilities necessary to manage and lead organizations in a competitive and professional environment.
1. HEC Paris- Masters in Strategic Management
The United Kingdom has about 6 million private-sector businesses. So, after obtaining an MBA, finding a job in the UK is not difficult.
However, universities may not provide direct placements or internships. Instead, they refer their overseas students to a career counselor who assists them in navigating the job market.
There are many career chances for MBA graduates in the UK since recruiters are always looking for tech-savvy people with strong analytical abilities.
The following is a list of recruiters that have employed MBA Degree holders and the salaries they provide in the UK.
|Recruiter||Average Annual Salary|
|Ernst & Young||125,000 GBP|
|Bain & Company||83,000 GBP|
|Roland Berger||54,000 GBP|
After earning an MBA, international students can pursue careers in the following disciplines.
- Finance is a bright industry with some of the highest-paying employment. An MBA in finance will prepare you to work as an Investment Banker, Finance Analyst, or Finance Manager. Names like Deloitte, Amazon, and Morgan Law are among the recruiters.
- Marketing – If you have an MBA in Marketing from the United Kingdom, you may expect a prosperous career in the marketing and advertising sectors. Nestle, Babcock, and TPP are among the top recruiters.
- Human Resource – An MBA in HR will open up a world of opportunities for you. This industry provides several chances for both new and seasoned experts. NFU is one of the top recruiters.
UK Post-Study Work Permit
The Position Study Work Visa (PSWV) is a short-term visa that permits overseas students to stay, study, and work in any post or professional path after graduation. This post-study job visa is open to everyone, including Indian students with correct immigration status in the UK. All students enrolled in a UK Higher Education Provider-approved institution are eligible for the New Graduate Route. This action is being conducted in response to the United Kingdom’s objective of retaining outstanding students from across the world and assisting them in finding employment possibilities in the country. Following the revised regulations, international students can now stay in the UK for two years after graduation and three years after finishing their PhD programme.
This site has offered the critical information that MBA candidates want when looking for the Cheapest MBA In UK For International Students. So, it’s time to take the first step toward a brighter future, because establishing an international career after graduation isn’t difficult.
1. Which colleges in the UK provide the lowest MBA programmes for overseas students?
Several universities in the United Kingdom offer MBA degrees to overseas students at relatively reasonable prices. Cardiff Metropolitan University, Glyndwr University, the University of Bedfordshire, and the University of Suffolk, for example, offer some of the most affordable MBA degrees in the UK to overseas students.
2. Can I get work in the UK after finishing my MBA?
Yes. After finishing an MBA, overseas students will find it easier to obtain work in the UK, especially with the implementation of the two-year stay-back policy. Individuals might also earn more than GBP 80,000 per year after completing the MBA education programme in the UK.
3. How much does an MBA in the United Kingdom cost?
The MBA programme in the United Kingdom lasts from 12 and 21 months. The cost of this course might range between GBP 27,500 and GBP 87,900. This course also includes specialisations in finance, marketing, management, international management, and so on.
4. Is it simple to obtain PR in the United Kingdom?
To gain permanent residency in the United Kingdom, one must have a stable income, full-time employment, and good moral character. They should acquire a full-time job when they graduate from high school. After 5 years of employment, an individual can apply for an ILR Visa (indefinite permission to remain), which confers them the status of “permanent resident.”
5. Is it tough to get work in the UK?
Finding a job as an international student studying in the UK for the first time might be tough. Finding your ideal job, on the other hand, is not difficult if you have access to the right resources and support, as well as know where to look and what to look for.