Master of Science in Business Analytics
New York, US
Columbia University MS in Business Analytics Overview
Columbia Engineering and Columbia Business School offer a full-time degree in Master of Science in Business Analytics. The program is designed with a three-semester curriculum, and it is intended for those who wish to concentrate on learning the modeling techniques and data science tools that enable businesses to use data for better decision- making. The key component of the degree program is an intensive capstone project that provides an exceptional consulting engagement with clients and their complex business problems using real data sets. Columbia MSBA is overall a complete package for quality education.
Columbia MSBA Highlights
Want to know your chances at Columbia University?
Columbia MSBA Curriculum
Students undertaking the MSBA program at Columbia University are expected to undertake the equivalent of 12 three-credit courses (36 credits). Electives are usually chosen under the recommendation of the student’s academic advisor. There is a program plan accessible to students that could be used to structure their studies and this curriculum plan is further used to foster communication with students’ assigned faculty advisors. Students may also undertake and complete 1 or 2 concentrations to meet the remaining requirement of course credits.
- Applications Programming for Financial Engineering
- Machine Learning for Financial Engineering & Operations Research
- Demand & Supply Analytics
- Game-Theoretic Models of Operations
- Designing Digital Operating Models
- Application of OR & AI Techniques in Marketing
- Healthcare Analytics
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Healthcare Investment and
- Entrepreneurship HCIT & Services
- Operations Research in Public Policy
- Data Mining
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Applied Statistics & Data Analytics
- Transportation Analytics & Logistics
Analytics on the Cloud
- Experimental Design & Analysis for Behavioral Research
- MSBA Quantitative Bootcamp
- Optimization Models and Methods
- Probability, Statistics, and Simulation
- Tools for Analytics
- Professional Development Leadership
- Business Analytics
- Analytics in Practice
- Financial Analytics & Financial Technology (FinTech)
- Marketing Analytics
- Healthcare Analytics
- Analytics Algorithms & Methodology
At Columbia Univerity, all MSBA students are expected to work for actual clients through their analytical projects. Such experiences are catered to the students as part of the curriculum’s Analytics Capstone Projects course. The intensive capstone project greatly improves the students’ marketability to their potential employers and has led to graduates to build careers in, but not restricted to, Analytics, Technology, Consulting, Financial Services, Advertising and Communications Media, Start-ups, and many more.
- Clubs/Organizations Diversity in Graduate Engineering
- Columbia Engineering Energy Club (CEEC)
- Columbia Financial Engineering Club
- Data Science Institute Student Council (DSISC)
- Entrepreneurship, Leadership & Consulting Club (ELC)
- Graduate Society of Women Engineers (GRADSWE)
- Graduate Electrical Engineering at Columbia (GEEC)
- Hindu Yuva
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate Association (MEGA)
- qSTEM at Columbia
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society
- Columbia Data Science Society
- Institutional- interschool need-based fellowships for students in any Columbian college or school
- External- external funding opportunities to support students’ education and research expenses
- Departmental- involves funding from institutional grants, fellowships, teaching and research assistantships, readerships, and preceptorships
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- CVN – COLUMBIA VIDEO NETWORK
- Masters/Ph.D. Degree-Seeking Students
- Non-Degree/Certificate Students
Before students begin with Columbia MSBA, they receive a comprehensive list of resources along with a few exercises to complete to get a kickstart in their career building and job search, and also to adequately prepare for their career curriculum. Each MSBA student gains access to the university’s Career Placement Services. The IEOR Career department is fine-tuned to the novel challenges and opportunities that their international students may face.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
|Consumer Goods & Services||13%|
Companies recruiting from Columbia MSBA
Professional services & Consulting
- EXL Service
- McKinsey & Company
- Simon-Kucher & Partners
- American Express
- Capstone Investment Advisors
- CITIC Securities
- Guardian Life Insurance
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
- International Monetary Fund
- Morgan Stanley
- S&P Global
- eDreams ODIGEO
Consumer goods & services
- Sam’s Club
- The dtx company
- Tiffany & Co
- Aetna (CVS Health)
- CVS Health
- Express Scripts (Cigna)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer
- Center (MSK)
- n*gram health
- Armaments Research Company (ARC)
- Columbia Business School
- The Oakland Raiders (NFL Team)
- Yuan Fu Dao
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $10,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,600|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||2.3 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Columbia Alumni Association (CAA) fosters an exceptional Columbian environment wherein dynamic opportunities empower students and alumni to associate, share and explore the lifelong benefits of the university’s alumni community. The university’s Alumni Medalists are acknowledged for strengthening the Columbian community.
Columbia has been a world leader in higher education for over 250 years. As one of the oldest and most reputable schools of engineering and applied science in the US and as one of the world’s most renowned universities. Columbia MSBA academic degree program committed to innovation.
The basic prerequisite for admission into the Columbia MSBA degree program is to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution. Typically, the applicant shall have majored in the field in which their graduate program was intended, however, for certain program preparation in a relevant engineering or science field is acceptable. The applicant would only be accepted if the undergraduate the record demonstrates a history of productive and successful graduate work.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
ADMITS IN 2018
ADMITS IN 2019
Connect with a Columbia University expert
Understand How We Can Help you 3X your Chances at Columbia University with our Services
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Master of Science in Business Analytics Deadlines
|Priority deadline February 15, 2020
(after this MSBA application are reviewed on a rolling basis )
Next Deadline Approaching in
Consideration for admission into the Columbia MSBA is based not only on the completion of prior courses but also depends upon the quality of the academic record exhibited. Based on such evidence, the university assesses the candidate’s fit to pursue their professional course work. There is a non-refundable application fee of $85.
- Official transcript copies
- Letters of recommendation
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Personal statement
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- An interview may be requested
- International applicants shall also submit:
TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic scores (the university will also accept the Duolingo English Test for their Fall 2020 semester)
- Translation of the official transcript(s) and degree/diploma certificate(s)- if the applicant’s institution does not issue transcripts in English. The translation should be carried out by a renowned service provider.
Students can have a remarkable educational experience at Columbia University because to the engaging curriculum, numerous research opportunities, and outstanding instructors. A master’s degree in science aids students in developing their research skills and independence. A wonderful option for those who wish to thoroughly analyse the topic is an MS in Business Analytics from Columbia University.
What is the process for receiving a scholarship at Columbia University?
Applying for need-based scholarships is possible for accepted students on the Columbia University website. There is no cap on the number of students who can receive these scholarships because all resources, including the university’s budget and specific donor preferences, are taken into account when determining need. The institution offers merit-based rewards that admitted students can qualify for.
Is there a waiver of fees?
Full-time students, volunteers with the Peace Corps or Teach For All network, and active-duty service members are all eligible for fee exemptions.
How soon will you hear back from Columbia University?
Six to eight weeks after the application was submitted, a decision is anticipated after the application procedure. The decision-making period may change based on a number of variables.
Will I be admitted if I enrol in a three-year undergraduate programme?
Candidates with a three-year undergraduate degree are welcome to submit applications, which Columbia University considers on a case-by-case basis.
Is Columbia University’s attendance a requirement?
Students must frequently show up for both class and lab sessions. Attendance may be taken into account by instructors when evaluating a student’s performance, which may directly impact their course credits.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services