Management Science and Engineering
Columbia University MSE Overview
Columbia engineering and Columbia business school offer a Master of Science in Management Science and Engineering degree, with a three-semester curriculum designed for those who want to focus on management and engineering perspectives in solving problems of complex systems. A key feature of this program is the year-long Operations Consulting where students immediately engage with industry clients to solve their business and operational challenges. Students select from 3-4 consulting projects to gain industry experience while taking courses.
Columbia University MSE Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’20||18|
|Times Higher Education||16|
Want to know your chances at Columbia University?
Program and Curriculum
MSE Curriculum, for Class Starting Fall 2019
The MS&E program is a three-semester program which can be completed in a single calendar year. Students enter in the Fall term and can either finish their coursework at the end of the following August, or alternatively, have the option to take the Summer term off (e.g. for an internship) and complete their coursework by the end of the following Fall term. Students are required to take the equivalent of 12 three-credit courses (36 credits).
- Decision, Risk and Operations electives
- Supply Chain analytics
- Risk management
- Game theory
- Production Scheduling
- AI for operations research
- Global Capital markets
- Operations and analytics
- Pricing and Revenue management
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Logistics and Supply Chain management
- Financial technology
- Healthcare Management
- Service operations
- Business analytics
- Sports analytics
CU Informs– promotes interest in the fields of operations research and the management sciences.
Columbia Financil Engineering club– is committed to provide a community where students interested in the financial market can have fun and develop professional skills.
Columbia University Financial Engineering– seeks to promote a collaborative learning environment for anyone interested in finance, regardless of experience level and field of study.
Engineering Graduate Student Council– serves the graduate engineering students as a representative body to foster community, dialogue, and action.
Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Consulting- aims to develop career specific skills within our student community through peer to peer learning that will enable our members to collaborate, learn valuable skills from each other and develop strong networks with peers as well as senior alumni.
Engineering Student Council– serves the undergraduate engineers at Columbia.
Columbia Graduate Organization of Aspiring Leaders- will address graduate students who want to be leaders in large organizations or small companies be it consulting, entrepreneurship, tech, leadership etc. Their primary goal will be on organizing talks particular to the technology and entrepreneurship sectors. Their additional ambition is to organize a Business Idea Pitch competition.
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
- Professional services/Consulting
|Music and Entertainment||1%|
|Oil and Energy||1%|
Companies recruiting from Stanford University MSE
- Adara inc
- Amazon web services
- American express
- Ernst & Young
- Goldman Sachs
- Verition fund
- Wells fargo
- A.T Kearney
- Bain & Company
- BCG gamma
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $10,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,600|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||3.61 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Columbia University Alumni Info
The university is home to many prestigious alumni. It also has a alumni association for students who wish to stay in touch with their seniors for career or general advice
Some Famous Alumni
- Barack Obama (44th president of America)
- B.R Ambedkar (Social Reformer)
- Warren Buffet (CEO & Chairman Berkshire Hathway)
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field received from an institution of acceptable standing
Middle States Comission on Higher Education
Masters in Management Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Fall only 15th February|
Next Deadline Approaching in
85$ non-refundable fees
- Official transcript copies from every post-secondary institution attended
- Three recommendation letters
- Official Graduate Record examination (GRE) General Test Scores*
- Personal statement
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- An interview may be requested
- $85 non-refundable application fee
- International applicants or applicants whose undergraduate degree was received in a country in which English is not the official and widely spoken language must submit the following additional requirements with the application for admission:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)
- Translation of the official transcript(s) and degree/diploma certificate(s) if the institution(s) attended does not issue transcripts in English. The translation must be conducted by a reputable service provider.
Describe how your professional and academic background has prepared you to pursue an advanced degree in the field of engineering or applied science at Columbia University. If there are any special circumstances that need to be brought to the attention of the Admission Committee, please include that information.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services