Masters in Construction Engineering and Management
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Concordia University MEng Overview
The MEng in Construction Engineering and Management provides a stimulating academic environment where you will learn state-of-the-art construction processes and project management strategies, as well as project planning, scheduling and cost estimating methods. Students are introduced to a wide range of project delivery systems, risk management, value engineering, claims and alternative dispute resolution methods. Coursework places particular emphasis on sustainable development, which will enable you to further your understanding of sustainable construction practices with due consideration to economics, ethics, and professionalism.
Concordia University MEng Highlights
Facilities in the lab
|QS World Rankings ’19||–|
Want to know your chances at Concordia University?
Program and Curriculum
Concordia University’s Masters in Construction Engineering and Management program is designed to meet the critical need for building and civil engineering by preparing and training highly qualified engineers in the design and implementation of construction processes to deal with problems posed by the ever-decreasing resources threatening the well-being of today’s society.
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Building and Civil Engineering
- Building Economics I
- Computer-Aided Building DesignFundamentals of Facility Management
- Simulations and Design of Construction Operations
- Construction Planning and Control
- Labour and Industrial Relations in Construction
- Legal Issues in Construction
- Project Cost Estimating
- Trenchless Technology for Rehabilitation Works
- Project Acquisition and Control
- Information Technology Applications in Construction
- Business Practices in Construction
- Construction Equipment Management
- Building Information Modeling in Construction
- Project Management
- Construction Processes
The opportunities for Masters in Construction Engineering and Management are pretty decent. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors such as construction organizations, federal, provincial and municipal sectors, and consulting firms. Graduates are involved in projects related to traditional and modular building construction, water and wastewater infrastructure planning, monitoring, modelling and design as well as construction claims management.
Top 3 Sectors
- Public and Private infrastructure projects
- Provincial and municipal sectors
- Consulting Firms
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $32,760|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,600|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||2.57 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Concordia University Alumni Info
Our alumni work for various construction organizations, public and private infrastructure projects, federal, provincial and municipal sectors, and consulting firms. And many have taken leadership positions in engineering and construction companies as well federal and provincial government agencies. Graduates are performing construction audits and impact assessments, as well as conducting research in environmental construction technologies.
The MEng in Construction Engineering and Management prepares and trains highly qualified engineers in the design and implementation of construction processes to deal with problems posed by the ever-decreasing resources threatening the well-being of today’s society.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture, or equivalent with an above-average standing.
Masters in Construction Engineering and
|Intakes Deadline Dates|
|Fall (September) February 1|
|Winter (January) July 1|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The application fees for online application is $103.50 CAD. Admission to the Construction Engineering & Management programme is very competitive and the selection committee will pay close attention to all aspects of the application.Here is a list of documents required for the application procedure.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three letters of reference and assessment form
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcripts (with mark sheets if applicable) for all post-secondary institutions attended
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship (if applicable)
- English Test Scores.
Application Essays (Concordia University Direct)
The Concordia University (direct) application comprises of 1 Statement of Purpose. Like most universities, Concordia University also takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top-notch.
The Statement of Purpose is generally a short essay composed of multiple parts. This is your opportunity to present, in your own words, your professional and personal achievements that make you a strong candidate for the program. Talk about:
- Topics of interest that you would want to pursue in the program
- How your academic and/or professional experiences (including publications, exhibitions, awards, relevant employment etc) have prepared you to be successful in the graduate program
- What makes Concordia the best place for you to pursue the graduate program
- What you hope to achieve in the graduate program and how this relates to your personal and professional goals.
In general, a Statement of Purpose will be approximately 600 words.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services