Cornell MPS Review
Cornell is a privately funded research university and a partner of the State University of New York. As New York State’s federal land-grant institution, it makes contributions in all fields of knowledge.
Applying for MPS at Cornell ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Cornell MPS Introduction
The Information Science MPS programme at Cornell University is designed to educate students for successful employment in information systems. This programme tailors each student’s skill set to their specific professional ambitions, such as user experience design, data science, interactive technology, and networks and marketplaces. In addition, the program’s flexible curriculum allows students to develop strong technical skills and an in-depth understanding of the social and behavioural aspects of information technology.
Cornell MPS Class Profile
The institution draws students from a variety of backgrounds and interests who are open-minded and intellectually curious. Because of their small size, welcoming attitude, and emphasis on working in groups, the diversity becomes a great strength and an opportunity for students to widen their horizons and expand their network.
Average Work Ex
Cornell MPS Acceptance Rate
Cornell is an elite institution that places a premium on academic achievement. This means that academic competency is the most important factor to consider when evaluating a candidate. Your transcripts are the most crucial document in your application because it tells a lot about your academic motivation and performance over time. Cornell seeks students who have regularly excelled in a wide range of rigorous high school subjects. The acceptance rate at Cornell is 10.7%.
Program and Curriculum of Cornell MPS
The Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Information Science at Cornell is a one-year, interdisciplinary programme that prepares students for professions in information science. Students can develop strong professional abilities and a thorough awareness of the social and behavioural aspects of information technology, thanks to the customizable curriculum. As a Cornell MPS student, you will gain adequate practical experience by putting your new skills to work on semester-long projects.
- Surveillance and Privacy
- Language and Information
- Big Data Management and Analysis
- Statistical Data Mining
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Visual Data Analytics for the Web
- Rapid Prototyping
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Electronic Commerce
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Project Management
- Platform Strategy
- Cloud Computing
Digital Immersion Program
In this immersion, Information Science Master of Professional Studies (MPS) students learn about leadership, project management, and entrepreneurship for scientists and engineers, as well as taking Business school electives and completing a project course (3 credits) on a project sponsored by an industry client. Students can also work with specialists in Corporate practices to improve their professional abilities in areas like public speaking, team conflict resolution, and more.
A large number of conferences and seminars are offered each year to the students. However, to promote this, MPS students are offered the opportunity to apply for an MPS Conference Travel Grant. A limited number of grants each semester are awarded. The intent of the grant is to help facilitate the students’ involvement in professional and scholarly communities across different areas of information science and also to increase the visibility of our program through networking. Apart from the curriculum, it is recommended to go to conferences and seminars in the partner universities and gain experience.
Cornell believes in the holistic development of its students. As a result, they offer various academic and non-academic constituent clubs and societies for the students to choose from. It also offers a number of internship opportunities for the students during their time at Cornell. These internship opportunities may come from industry partners, which will help students gain pragmatic insights.
Clubs and organizations
- Advancing Science and Policy
- Association of Cornell Women in Real Estate
- Cornell PropTech Club
- Diversity in Cornell Economics
- Graduate and Professional Student Assembly
- Graduate and Professional Student Assembly Finance Commission
- Graduate Product Management Club
- Graduate Womxn in Science
Eligibility and Requirements for Getting into Cornell MPS
- A 3 or 4-year undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Excellent written and spoken English (TOEFL – 90 iBT /IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
- An individual having less than one year of full-time corporate work experience, or less than two years of experience in a non-traditional business role
Documents Related to the Application
- Online Application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Transcripts for all undergraduate institutions you’ve attended. The scanned copies of transcripts have to be attached to your online application.
- TOFEL, IELTS score report for international students
- Video interviews are accessed through the online application.
- $105, application fees
Cornell MPS Deadlines
To be considered in a round, applicants must submit all application components by the application date indicated for that round. Applications that are not comprehensive will not be considered.
For Fall Intake
- Round One: December 1
- Round Two: January 15
- Round Three: March 1
- Round Four: April 15
For Spring Intake
- October 15
Cornell MPS Employment/Placement
The MPS degree in Information Science is designed to expose students to the subject matter of Information Science while also allowing them to combine it with their specific career ambitions. Furthermore, 66% of MPS alumni were employed prior to graduation, and there are several global work opportunities. Graduates have the opportunity to work in a variety of fields.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Cornell MPS Graduates
Cornell MPS Alumni Info
With an alumni network of 45,000+, Cornell graduates are making a difference worldwide in a diverse set of organizations that range from global corporations to start-ups. Year after year, students connect with sought-after companies looking for professionals who have the ambition to make a difference.
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Cornell MPS
Essays for college applications are a fantastic method to impress admissions officers. As a result, personalize your application essay by delving deep into your passion for and desire to learn more about your subject and crafting a response that can only be tied to you.
Essay 1: In graduate business school, much of the learning takes place in teams. Tell us specifically what qualities you will bring to the program that will enhance the learning of your classmates.
Essay 2: Please describe a recent goal you have accomplished or a challenge you have overcome outside the realm of academics, and describe what lessons you have learned from that experience.
Essay 3: Although not required, you are invited to submit a short statement with additional details regarding your candidacy to the MPS. (optional)
Letter of Recommendation for Cornell MPS
The most important thing to keep in mind when writing graduate school letters of recommendation is that they must be prepared by someone who knows you professionally. In principle, each recommender’s LOR should highlight a variety of your qualities. Three letters of recommendation are required by the school (two academics and one professional). As a result, you can have up to three different people, each with varying levels of involvement. Remember that your recommendation letter should add value to your application by demonstrating how relevant the programme is to you.
Academic LOR – An Academic LOR is a letter that offers a complete understanding of your application for admission to the university in question, as well as the recommendation of your professors or academic mentors.
Professional LOR – A Professional LOR is a crucial document, especially for admission to a master’s or other post-graduate schools. Such letters can be written by supervisors, managers, heads, and other senior employees. Students should be aware that the professional LOR must be indicated on the letterhead.
Interview Questions for Cornell MPS
During the interview, you will have the option to meet with a Cornell official. It’s a fantastic way to express your interest in the course, establish a rapport with the staff, and demonstrate who you are.
- Please introduce yourself to the group.
- Could you perhaps go through your resume with me?
- What are the benefits of pursuing an MPS? What are the advantages of going to MPS?
- What are your immediate and long-term goals?
- What are your contingency plans in case your original plans don’t work out?
- What are your most valuable possessions? Could you please give some specific examples?
- What is your greatest flaw? Could you please provide some examples?
- What value can you bring to the class?
- Why should we consider you fit for the program?
- Tell me one reason that we should not select you?
- Which other schools did you apply to and why? Have you applied to any other school?
- How would you contribute to the Cornell experience?
- Tell us about a challenging situation that you faced? How did you resolve it?
- If you were the CEO of your company, what are the three things that would keep you awake?
- Why did you choose the list of organizations you want to work with post completion of the program? How do you plan to land a job with them?
- Why did you choose the role/profile you want to work post MPS?
- How do you plan to find a job post-MPS at Cornell? What research have you done?
- Which clubs and societies would you like to join at the university?
- Which of our values speaks to you and why?
- How can Cornell help you on your journey? What are some of the resources you’re looking forward to?
What Makes Cornell MPS Unique
- The Cornell MPS has an action-learning pedagogy curriculum that will prepare you to innovate, lead, and transform through a combination of academic rigour and real-world relevance.
- The course will help you create a global network and broaden your viewpoint by allowing you to experience the world from many perspectives.
- All-Ivy League schools have their own customs that become ingrained in the student body’s culture. Cornell isn’t an outlier in this regard. Some students believe that their customs are more vivid and enjoyable.
- Cornell has a vibrant extracurricular culture, demonstrating that its ability to have fun is proportional to its academic rigour. There are more than a thousand student organizations in which you can get involved and meet new people.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What is Cornell MPS, and how does it work?
The master of professional studies (MPS) at Cornell is an accredited, course-based, one-year master’s degree program that focuses on professional development and intellectual investigation.
Is Cornell MPS a STEM program?
Yes. The one-year STEM-designated degree program will give you the business and technical skills you need to make an impact and advance in your career.
Is it worthwhile to invest in MPS?
There are several internships and other job progression possibilities available during and after MPS. This makes for exciting class debates and gives students established professional contacts, which will help them develop in their professions.
What are the TOEFL and IELTS scores required? Is it possible for me to be exempt?
The Cornell Graduate School assigns and reviews required TOEFL results. The Internet-Based Test (iBT) version’s minimal TOEFL scores are currently:
15 Paying Attention
20 minutes of reading
The Cornell Graduate School requires these scores as part of the application process. However, if you have studied in the United States for at least two years, the Graduate School may waive the TOEFL requirement.
Is MPS or MS the better option?
An MPS degree can lead to a PhD degree, but this varies depending on the subject of study and the type of MPS program. On the contrary, students holding an MS degree may be better positioned for acceptance into PhD or other forms of doctorate programs in certain research and academic sectors.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services