Masters of Professional Studies in Information Science (MPS)
Ithaca, New York
Cornell MPS Overview
Cornell University Information Science MPS program is designed to prepare students for thriving careers in information systems. Through this program each student tailor to a unique skill set for their career goals, such as user experience design, data science, interactive technology, and networks and markets. The program’s flexible curriculum allows students to develop strong technical skills and an in-depth understanding of the social and behavioral aspects of information technology.
Cornell MPS Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’18||14|
Want to know your chances at Cornell University?
Program and Curriculum
Cornell’s Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Information Science is a 1 year, interdisciplinary program that outfits students for successful careers in the field of information science. The flexible curriculum empowers students to grow strong professional skills and an extensive understanding of the social and behavioral characters of information technology. As a Cornell MPS student, you will gain adequate practical experience by putting your new skills to work in semester-long projects.
- Rapid Prototyping
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Electronic Commerce
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Project Management
- Platform Strategy
- Cloud Computing
- Surveillance and Privacy
- Language and Information
- Big Data Management and Analysis
- Statistical Data Mining
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Visual Data Analytics for the Web
- MPS in Applied Economics and Management— The program will provide you with the know-how and skills to succeed in a global business environment and to become multicultural and multilingual leaders. It is a 24-months program.
- MPS in Management — The Johnson MPS in Management – Accounting Specialization is a one-year program for students who want to advance their careers by mastering the field of accounting.
- MPS in Applied Statistics — The Master of Professional Studies (M.P.S.) degree in Applied Statistics is for persons interested in professional careers in business, industry or government.
In this immersion, MPS students are signed up for a project course (3 credits) in which they will be working on a project sponsored by an industry client. In the inaugural Spring 2016 semester, client companies included Verizon, Genentech, GiveNext, and Workday, among others.
Large number of conferences and seminars are offered each year to the students. To promote this MPS students are offered the opportunity to apply for an MPS Conference Travel Grant. A limited number of grants each semester are awarded. The intent of the grant is to help facilitate the students’ involvement in professional and scholarly communities across different areas of information science, and also to increase the visibility of our program through networking. Apart from curriculum it is recommended to go for conferences and seminars in the partner universities and gain experience.
MPS degree in Information Science is intended to give students exposure to the subject matter of Information Science and offer students the flexibility to combine Information Science with their personal career goals. Moreover, 66% of MPS graduates had got placed before leaving college and there are ample options for global jobs. Graduates can potentially seek employment in a wide range of sectors. The top recruiters of Corn all graduates include Amazon, IBM, Google, EY, Liberty Mutual Insurance, etc
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Tuition Fees||+ $54,584|
|Cost of Living||+ $17,468|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,000|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||2.8 years|
Cornell MPS Alumni Info
With an alumni network of 45,00+, Cornell graduates are making a difference worldwide in a diverse set of organizations that range from global corporations to start-ups. Year after year, students connect with sought-after companies looking for professionals who have the ambition to make a difference.
Cornell is a large, primarily residential research university with a majority of enrollments in undergraduate programs.Cornell and Oregon State University are two of the three institutions, with the recent addition of Pennsylvania State University, which are members of the Land Grant, Sea Grant, Space Grant, and Sun Grant programs. Cornell’s Masters in Professional Studies(MPS) is very popular for its innovative approach and is home to several large research groups, including the Human-Computer Interaction group, digital libraries research, and the ePrint arXiv.
- A 3 or 4 year undergraduate degree in relevant field
- Excellent written and spoken English (TOEFL – 90 iBT /IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
- An individual having less than one year of full-time corporate work experience, or less than two years of experience in a non-traditional business role
Connect with an Cornell expert
Understand How We Can Help you 3X your Chances at Cornell University with our Services
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Cornell MPS Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 Oct 15th 2019|
|Round 2 Dec 1 2019|
|Round 3 Jan 15 2020|
|Round 4 March 1 2020|
|Round 5 April 15 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- Online Application
- Two letter of recommendation
- statement of purpose
- Transcripts for all undergraduate institutions you’ve attended. The scanned copies of transcripts has to be attached to your online application.
- GRE/GMAT test Scores
- TOFEL, IELTS score report for international students
- Video interview,accessed through the online application.
- $105, application fees
1. In graduate business school, much of the learning takes place in teams. Tell us specifically what qualities you will bring to the program that will enhance the learning of your classmates.
2. Please describe a recent goal you have accomplished or challenge you have overcome outside the realm of academics, and describe what lessons you have learned from that experience.
3. Although not required, you are invited to submit a short statement with additional details regarding your candidacy to the MPS in Management. (optional)
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services