Masters in Engineering Management
Applying for Duke?
Know how we can increase your Chances by 300%
Introduction – Duke
Have you heard about the Duke MEM? Do you want to be a part of a successful Duke team? This blog contains the Duke MEM review. Durham, North Carolina’s Duke Institution is a private research university. The school was founded in 1838 by Methodists and Quakers in the present-day town of Trinity, and transferred to Durham in 1892. Let’s find out more about Duke MEM.
Duke MEM Overview
The DUKE MEM programme is tailor-made for those students with a background in science and engineering who have the capacity to perform well in this highly competitive programme. The curriculum of the programme is structured in a way such that it provides state of the art education and facilities. Team-based learning and workshops are an essential part of the program along with case study methods.
Duke MEM Highlights
Duke Alumni Network
Program and Curriculum
The core of Duke MEM comprises of four building the executives courses related to the Duke Law School and Duke’s Fuqua School of Business.
A required temporary job joined by a composed task synopsis and oral introduction safeguards understudies have work understanding, while four alumni level specialized courses of the understudy’s picking serve to expand the understudy’s science and building foundation.
- Intellectual property, Business Law, and Entrepreneurship
- Finance in High-Tech industries.
- Management of High-Tech industries
- Advanced Finance for Technology-Based Companies
- Industrial Practicum
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Commercializing Tech. Innovations: Turning Visions into Value
- Decision Model
- Competitive Strategies
- Computational Finance
- Negotiation/Consultative Sales
- Data Visualization
- Designing Customer Experiences
- Design Thinking and Innovation
- Engineering Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of Data Science Innovation Management
- Intellectual Asset Management
- Managing Product Development
- Marketing, Analytics & Research New Opportunities in Big data product
- Management in High-Tech Companies
- Software Quality Management
- Uncertainty, Design, and Optimization
- Using Real-Time Data to Improve Customer Quality Experience
- Independent Study
You can network with creative leaders and thinkers and boost your career with various information sessions, workshops, webinars, and masterclasses. To give you an idea, here are some of the events: Master of Engineering Management Night with Industry
- The student clubs are an integral part of learning, here you can focus on specific business areas as you grow with your peers, and organize events such as company presentation, discussions and even conferences.
Here are some of the student clubs in Duke: Academic Guides Active Minds: Nurses for Mental Health Awareness Acts2 at Duke Advocates for MD/PhD Women in Science
Do you have a Profile that is good enough for Top Schools?
Take our Free Profile Evaluation & Find Out
The Duke MEM Program performs as a proactive partner in career exploration and professional development. Its complete profession advancement and quest for new employment programs, the Career Services group facilitate numerous expertise upgrading exercises consistently. These administrations start a new direction, with two days of exercises concentrated on profession investigation and improvement, and proceed with different courses and workshops.
Top 3 Sectors
3- Product Management
Top companies recruiting from Duke
- McKinsey & Company
- Bain and Co.
- Oliver Wyman
- Ace Fence Company
- Active Scaler
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||$12,576|
|Average Starting Salary||$84,544 |
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earnings)||3 Years|
Which Schools are Dream, Competitive & Safe for you?
Find via our Profile Evaluation
Duke Alumni Info
All the alumni of Duke MEM play an important role in the life current MEM graduates. They are the greatest ambassadors of the program, through participation in alumni activities and events on the campus, they ensure the growth of the network and keep the graduates motivated by guiding them in their journey of making a successful career.
Some Famous Alumni
- Naveen Anne-Manager, CIO Advisory, KPMG
- Anand Sankar-Vice President, ABS Instruments Pvt. Ltd.
Average Work Experience
The practicum courses allow the students to get mentored by industry leaders, these industry experts guide the students in their projects and help them develop skills like teamwork. They give them an environment where students face real industry problems. The practicum include:
- Outsourcing for Engineering
- Renewable Energy Market
- Commercializing New Products
- Corporate Recruiting and Retention
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS): official results required (international applicants only
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Book a Free Strategy Session to understand how we can help you get into the World’s Best Schools.
The application fee for the direct application is $100.
- Your CV
- Secondary school Diploma
- Bachelors’ Diploma/Degree
- Academic transcripts
- Diploma/Transcripts of additional academics
- Proof of English proficiency
- GMAT test results
The HEC Paris (direct) applications comprise three long essays. However, like most universities, HEC Paris also takes its essays very seriously and uses them as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective MiM students. So make sure your essays are top-notch and express why you want to be a part of the executive education program.
Your statement should answer the question, “Why do you want to study engineering management at Duke?” Think about it in two ways: why is this program the right one for you, and why are you right for this program? How will Duke help you meet your future goals?
Let us read through what we have learnt till now about the Duke MEM programme.
- 92% Graduates get jobs within three months of graduating
- 21% internation students among a class of 290
- The MEM is designed for recent graduates with less than one year of full-time postgraduate corporate job experience or less than two years in a non-traditional business function.
- MEM provides students with the critical business knowledge, adaptive mentality, and business-ready practical skills they need to succeed in today’s fiercely competitive economy.
- With a variety of electives, students can adapt the programme to their specific needs.
- More than 1600 executives make up the global alumni network.
The Duke admission process is easy, but the requirements need to be kept in mind. A GMAT score is required at Duke, along with other requirements as mentioned in the blog. Through this Duke MEM review, you must have gained sufficient information about their MEM programme.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services
How to get into hec paris mim?
Getting into Duke can be tough since the school is highly selective. But if you have the grades and the required experience for the MEM program, things should be relatively simple. Moreover, in order to boost your chances of admission, you will need a really great application that shows your talents and overshadow your shortcomings.
How is MEM of Duke from job opportunities?
Graduates of Duke MEM work in a variety of industries, primarily consulting management, technology, and analytics. Furthermore, top recruiters such as Amazon, 4flow, Adeco, hire Duke students. 99% of graduates find work within three months of graduation and earn an average of $84,544 after 2 years of employment. In short, Duke MEM provides its students with outstanding job opportunities.
Other schools you can check
Imperial College Business School Ranks 2nd in the UK and 15th in the world. The MSc Management program is an intensive, full-time, one-year program that prepares graduates coming from diverse academic…
The LSE MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at LSE and understand if it would be the correct choice for them.
UCL is a world-class business school in central London. It has been ranked amongst the top-notch B-schools in Europe and its MSc Finance program is an internationally known master’s program, bringing together expert lectures and brilliant minds.