Masters of Quantative Management: Business Analytics
Durham, North Carolina
Duke MQM Overview
The programme demands students with a strong quantitative background, it trains the students in analytics and communication through finance, marketing, forensics, or strategy. It will make you career-ready for complex data-based problems through the amalgamation of business and analytics. The students will form a strong foundation in Data Analysis and gain expertise in particular areas while developing the required skills.
Duke MQM Highlights
Duke alumni network
|QS World Rankings ’18|
Program and Curriculum
Duke MQM: Business Analytics curriculum is designed to make you win the race by turning you into a professional while you are still in the program. You will develop the following key skills in the program:
- Technical: Learning tools that facilitate data analysis
- Functional: Building expertise in the context of a specific industry or function
- Critical thinking and communication: Knowing the right questions to ask and presenting insights effectively
- Finance Track
- Marketing Track
- Strategy Track
- Forensics Track
- Business Fundamentals
- Applied Probability & Statistics
- Business Communications
- Data Infrastructure
The student clubs are an integral part of learning, here you can focus on specific business areas as you grow with your peers, and organize events such as company presentation, discussions and even conferences.
Here are some of the student clubs in Duke:
- Consulting Club
- Blockchain Club
- Design + Innovation in Business:
- Energy Club
- Finance Club:
- Food and Agriculture Club
- Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club
- General Management Club
- Healthcare Club
- Hospitality, Travel and Leisure Club
- Luxury Brand and Retail Club
- Marketing Club
- Media, Entertainment and Sports Club
- Tech Club
- Culinary Club
- Wine Club
An outstanding employment result was achieved for the first graduating class of the MQM: Business Analytics program of Duke. Personal attention to every student at every stage of the recruitment and by helping them to develop the required skills, students were able to get their desired jobs while receiving handsome salaries at the same time.
Top companies recruiting from RSM
Top 3 Sectors
- Consumer Goods
Banking & Financial Services
Want to know your chances at Duke?
Duke MQM Alumni Info:
Duke has a network of 22,368 living alumni of whom 13% live outside the United States and among all these alumni 29% are women. The median age of all the alumni is 46. Every year 1,100 come in the network of Duke’s alumni association.
Some Famous Alumni
- Timothy Cook- CEO, Apple
- Ge Wang- Computer scientist at Stanford University
- Melinda French-Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Duke MQM : Class Profile
The Duke MQM takes you beyond the classroom by learning from real-life situations. Team experience is the backbone of the program and you will get apply the concepts in the industry like situations. You will work on case studies and will learn the mindset of a CEO regarding analytics and how it helps the companies in resolving particular problems of Business.
- Undergraduate degrees from a 4-year accredited college
- Strong performance in quantitative courses including math, statistics, and computer science
- GPAs and GMAT/GRE scores
- English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE)
RSM MiM Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 Oct. 21, 2019|
|Round 2 Jan. 15, 2020|
|Round 3 Feb. 27, 2020|
|Round 4 Apr. 6, 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- 1-page professional resume.
- ONE Academic LOR and one professional LOR
Short answer questions
The candidates would be asked one short question with a maximum 2000 character limit:
Q. Why did you select your preferred track(s), and how do they relate to your immediate career goals after completing the MQM: Business Analytics program?
Long answer questions
1. “25 Random Things About Yourself”:
The answer should be in list form, numbered 1-25 and should not exceed 2 pages.
2. Describe how you would plan to be engaged outside of the classroom, and how your unique perspective, experiences, and passions will add to the MQM community.
Your response to essay question 2 should be no more than 350 words.
As this is an optional essay, here you have the chance to explain any circumstances of which the admissions committee should be aware (e.g., unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders or lack of a professional recommendation, inconsistent or questionable academic performance).
An additional essay is required for re-applicants. Respond to the following in no more than two pages:
Q.It is not uncommon for it to take more than one try to achieve a goal. Please share with us the self-reflection process that you underwent after last year’s application and how you have grown as a result. How did it shape your commitment to Fuqua and inspire your decision to reapply?