Master of Science in Quantitative Financial Economics
1.5 – 2 years
University in Durham, North Carolina.
Duke University MQFE Overview
TheDuke University M.S. in Quantitative Financial Economics (MQFE) is designed for students who are seeking the greater depth and rigor that are increasingly required by advanced academic programs, as well as in the private sector.
If you would like to improve your skills in quantitative financial analysis to enter or move to the next level, in your career in finance, our program can help you to achieve this goal.
This program is unique in offering advanced courses in Volatility Modeling, Analysis of High-Frequency Data, and Continuous-time Finance, as these are areas of expertise within the financial economics group at Duke.
|QS World Rankings ’20||1|
Want to know your chances at Duke University?
Program and Curriculum
Duke is more “practical” than many other elite schools The impact of the large graduate schools at Duke like the business school and law school and the influence of the same on the postgraduate studies at Duke make Duke more practical in the subjects it teaches and the course it creates for students.
The most popular majors at Duke University include Computer Science; Econometrics and Quantitative Economics; Public Policy Analysis, General; Biology/Biological Sciences, General; and Psychology, General.
- Fixed Income Markets & Quantitative Methods
- Theoretical Corporate Finance
- Regulation & Ethics in Financial Markets
- Time Series
- Financial Markets & Investments
- Forecasting Financial Markets
- Financial Econometrics
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Finance in Macroeconomics
- Continuous-Time Finance
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $20,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,600|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||2.2 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Duke Alumni Info
The Duke graduate education prepares the career possibilities in a wide variety of fields and sectors. Some of Consulting Firms include-
- Boston Consulting Group,.
- Law Clerk, Federal Judiciary.
- Frankfurt Hessen Germany.
- IBM Corporation,.
Some Famous Alumni
- Michelle Hassan, Boston Consulting Group
- Alex Konik, Law Clerk, Federal Judiciary
- Dylan Newman, Boston Consulting Group (BCG) — Miami, Florida
Master of Science in Quantitative Financial Economics: Class Profile
The recently admitted classes of Duke master’s students are diverse groups spanning various educational backgrounds, workplace experiences, and countries of origin. Duke University has Master’s students from the following countries: Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Canada, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Singapore, Thailand, the U.S., and Vietnam.
Duke University is recognized as one of the premier research institutions and routinely ranks at the top of all U.S. universities in research expenditures.
There are numerous research opportunities in which our students may engage, both within the Department of Economics as well as at other departments, schools, and on-campus research institutes.
Students in our programs can customize their curriculum based on their own academic backgrounds and research interests.
They have the opportunity to take courses in other departments and schools such as: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistical Science, the Fuqua School of Business, the Law School, and the Nicholas School of the Environment — as well as collaborate with students and faculty across the social sciences.
- An undergraduate degree in economics or finance is not required.
- A strong quantitative background is essential.
- Students entering this program are expected to have taken courses in multivariable calculus, linear algebra (including differential equations) and probability and statistics.
- A background in programming (ideally Matlab or R) is preferable.
Duke University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Baccalaureate, Masters, Doctorate, and Professional degrees.
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Masters in Management Deadlines
MQFE is not accepting applications for 2020.
The application fee is $95.
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
- A one-page resume (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report.
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge).
- Copy of Passport or ID card.
- 2 completed online reference forms.
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only.
Career Planning Question
As part of your online application, you must upload a statement of purpose. The statement should be one to two pages and single-spaced. It should briefly discuss
- Purposes and objectives in pursuing graduate study.
- Special interests and plans.
- Strengths and weaknesses in your chosen field.
- Any research projects or any independent research in which you have actively participated and how they have influenced your career choice and desire to pursue graduate studies.
- Any particular reasons you may have for applying to Duke (e.g. you would like to work with a specific faculty member).
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services