Start Your Masters Journey With This Free Profile Evaluation
What is the ESADE MiM Review?
The ESADE MiM Review aims to provide students with a brief understanding of the MSc in International Management program offered by ESADE Business School in Spain and to help them reach a conclusion as to whether the program would be a good for the professional development of their careers. The review comprises of a brief review along with details of the application process, class profile and placement statistics upon graduation as collected from the school’s website and brochure.
The program offered by ESADE in this category is a Masters in International Management.
The aim of this unique program is to focus on global growth strategies and international relations aiming to teach its students to understand how the business world will change in the coming decade. From what we've seen, ESADE is one of Europe's top 5 business schools which includes all their master's programs and the MBA program. What this means is that you get access to a very good alumni network.
The school is a multicultural hub with over 70 nationalities on campus and is located in the dynamic, cosmopolitan Mediterranean city of Barcelona. With a good diversity, international mobility is better as corporates look for a diverse set of candidates.
- It is ranked as the 8th best MiM program worldwide by the Financial Times 2017 Masters in Management ranking.
- It is ranked number four for international mobility and number six for career progression.
- It has been consistently ranked in the top 10 over the past several years.
- It is ranked fourth for student satisfaction.
- The program offers language studies in Spanish, German & French and students are compulsorily required to choose one of these languages during the course of their studies.
- You get the opportunity to travel the world through international study tours and optional overseas internship.
- The program offers flexibility in courses tailored to your professional goals and this customization comes through your choice of elective courses, areas of specializations, seminars, study tours, final project and language courses.
- It is also the only Spanish school to offer a CEMS MiM program which has its own requirements including additional language requirements. You can check out the eligibility criteria here.
- Students may opt to get a double degree internally or externally from partner institutions. This requires an additional 12-18 months while gaining two qualifications. For pursuing your External Double Degree in Management, you get a chance to spend 12 more months at one of the prestigious partner institutions of ESADE in Canada, Brazil, Finland, Italy Holland, or Switzerland. An external degree also means that you get access to both alumni networks of two different b-schools.
- For Internal Double Degree, you can make a choice between MSc in International Management, MSc in Marketing Management and MSc in Innovation & Entrepreneurship for a wider business education plus professional expertise, giving you additional career options.
ESADE offers a variety of Masters programs:
- MSc in Finance
MSc in Finance specialization helps to gain an international perspective on global markets by analyzing corporate financial decision-making processes and studying financial statements in detail.
Mastery over the essential finance tools and concepts, with a broad overview of capital markets and the corporate world.
You get an in-depth understanding of your chosen field through specialized ways: Corporate Financial Management or Asset Management and Banking.
- MSc in Global Strategic Management
This specialization will allow you to develop a deep insight into how global business works.
You study the program in Lingnan (University) College in Guangzhou (China), the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia (USA) and ESADE in Barcelona. This program helps broaden your horizons and prepare for a global business career anywhere in the world.
This programme is designed to equip you with both the soft and analytical skills necessary for your future global career. Living and studying on three continents with peers from all over the world will provide you with resilience, cross-cultural skills, and flexibility to adapt to any global mind-set.
- MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship will prepare you to become a successful entrepreneur/intrapreneur and practice innovation professionally.
This programme is designed to equip you with the core essentials of entrepreneurial management and explore areas such as opportunity appraisal and the design of conceptual business models.
The ultimate goal of this Master's programme is to prepare you for leadership and innovation administration in all its ambits, from managing corporate innovation systems (new products, services, business models and processes) to creating new business opportunities and models (entrepreneurship).
- MSc in International Management
This specialization will teach how to enhance and develop the skills and knowledge required to succeed in changing business arena.
You get an opportunity to learn the art of leadership and discover ways to deliver inclusive and appropriate solutions to management challenges in culturally diverse and/or sensitive areas of the world.
The Master in International Management's being of flexible nature, you will be able to adapt the programme to your own preferred learning style, ensuring that it fits your personal career goals.
- MSc in Marketing Management
MSc in Marketing Management offers an opportunity to tailor your programme by focusing on brand/communication, sales, or research/consulting to match your career goals.
The programme is designed to help you succeed in the ultra-competitive and multicultural Marketing workplace. You can also grasp the main elements of marketing strategy through real-life situations (such as sales force, market research, promotions, etc.) and how to apply them in complex market environments
ESADE MSc in Management + CEMS MiM programme
ESADE acts as the only participant and founding member of CEMS in Spain. It offers an opportunity to obtain two renowned international degrees, combining an ESADE MSc in Management degree with the CEMS MiM.
This program has a duration of one year and divided into three terms.
The CEMS MiM can be combined with any of the above mentioned MSc in Management programmes, excluding the MSc in Global Strategic Management.
Here are some benefits of ESADE CEMS MiM: -
- Get International course experience
- Practical know-how through cooperation with multinational companies
- Top-ranked universities
- Build valuable professional and personal contacts through a close community
- Theoretical foundation based on state-of-the-art research results
- Exceptional career entry perspectives
Next, in the ESADE Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at the eligibility criteria and application process of ESADE.
Want to be a part of the 2019 success stories?
Constituents of Application Package
- Online Application Form
- University Transcripts & Degree (if available)
- Certificate of Language Proficiency (if required)
- GMAT or GRE Score
- Application Essays
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport
- Photo (recent passport size photo with white background)
- Application fee of €135
- Bachelor's degree. For students who have a bachelor's degree in a field other than business administration, there is a pre-programme designed to bring them up to speed. It is normally held between July and September.
- GMAT or GRE. The average GMAT score ranges between 640 and 670 across the programs and the average GRE percentile is around 75% for both Verbal and Quantitative sections.
- Proficiency in English or a TOEFL score of 100+ equivalent in English Proficiency tests. Alternatively, students who have studied at an English-speaking university for at least 3 years do not require certifications.
- No previous work experience or knowledge of Spanish is required.
Application deadline for 2019 intake:
|1st Round||2 OCT 2018||20 NOV 2018|
|2nd Round||27 NOV 2018||22 JAN 2019|
|3rd Round||15 JAN 2019||26 FEB 2019|
|4th Round||12 FEB 2019||26 MAR 2019|
|5th Round||5 MAR 2019||23 APR 2019|
|6th Round||9 APR 2019||14 MAY 2019|
|7th Round||21 MAY 2019||18 JUN 2019|
|8th Round||4 JUN 2019||18 JUL 2019||** For EU residents only, subject
to places remaining on the programmes
Next, in the ESADE Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at some relevant details about the MSc IM program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Duration: 10 months.
Tuition Fees for 2017 intake: €27,500 for all MSc programs in management.
€39,500 for MSc + CEMS.
(The tuition fees includes teaching, academic material, and the obligatory language courses but does NOT include study tours or exchange programs).
Estimated Monthly Expenses: Accommodation (€400) + Utilities (€80) + Groceries (€200) + Cafeteria (€115) + Transportation (€60) + Sports (€45) + Misc Expenses (€300).
ESADE offers a range of scholarships via study assistance funds, merit & need-based scholarships as well as student loan programs.
Class Profile at ESADE MiM
- 131 participants
- Average age: 23
- Average Work Experience: 1 year
- 90% International students
- 28 nationalities
- 44% Female
ESADE MiM Placement Statistics
Average Starting Salary of €51,838
94% of students secured job offers within 3 months of graduation.
46% of students found employment outside their home country.
Sectors students were placed in:
|Marketing & Sales||19%||€42,581|
Some notable companies recruiting from ESADE include:
Consulting: Accenture, BCG, Deloitte, JP Morgan, McKinsey, PwC.
Finance: Merrill Lynch, BNP Paribas, Citi, Credit Suisse, UBS Investment Bank.
Industry: Bacardi, Burger King, Dropbox, Facebook, Google, L'Oreal, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble.
Lastly, in the ESADE MiM Review, we are going to look at the application essay questions.
Check out what our Past ESADE clients say about our Services
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
Personal Essays (each question is limited to 1500 characters including spaces)
1) Complete ONE of the following questions to share with the admissions team your global mindset and the attributes/competencies you consider crucial to master in order to succeed in a diverse environment (personal, academic and professional career).
- Which country/culture do you consider the most different from your own? Why? If you would be sent there, how would you adapt? How would you help somebody from that country to adapt to your own?
- Are there any attributes and competencies you consider crucial to success when dealing with diversity in the corporate world? Are those different to the ones you would use in your personal life?
- Share with us the most amazing experience you have had far away from your comfort zone? And the most shocking one? And the worse?
2) Why do you think ESADE's MSc Programmes in Management are a good fit for you?
3) Describe your mid-term and long-term visions for your post-MSc Programme in Management career path. What is it about ESADE you think will help you reach your goals?
4) Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include gaps in employment, your undergraduate record, plans to retake the GMAT or any other relevant information.
Your essays are an essential part of your application, make sure you refine it a number of times and have it proofread by a number of people.
We hope the ESADE MiM Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced by the ESADE MiM Site, and for more data, you should visit there.
Find more information on the degree
Couldn't have asked for more!
I can say that investing in an essay-editing service is one of the best investments I have ever made. I came to MiM-Essay with big dreams and not-so-good numbers. Abhyank worked with me to bring out everything positive that I had done to tell my story, to show my assets and make them shine brighter than my numbers. Getting into ESSEC would have been difficult without that help.
A Merit & an Eiffel Scholarship! Hell Yeah!
I wouldn't think twice if I had to go back in time to choose MiM-Essay again. They provide the best one can offer for the best price. And since they are specialised for this MiM counseling, one shouldn't think of any other service apart from theirs when it comes to applying for MiM courses. The 2 scholarships & admits from ESSEC & ESCP, just prove this point.
Never thought would get both my target schools!
They know what they do and they are 100% effective. I wanted to get into LSE and Duke, & with their assistance in all the phase of the admission process, we succeeded! To everyone who is wondering if these services are useful, I can firmly say that I probably couldn’t have succeeded without them.
Best investment of my life!
Admits from both HEC & ESSEC :D.... to those contemplating whether to try their services or not....don't think.. Just take them ... I couldn't think of any other service better than theirs'... Be is essay .. LOR .. Or interview .. They are the best in all... Not just for MIM essay they are commendable with MBA essay as well..
Worth every penny!
I would strongly recommend this service. It is worth every penny, the application essays are a very important part of your application and getting help from MiM-Essay's team was one of the best decisions I took. They definitely helped me optimize my chances to get into my dream school, I am super happy to land an admit at ESCP.
The MiM-Essay team can significantly improve your essays and increase your chances of getting into your target programs. For people with a non-business background, the MiM-Essay team is good at highlighting the relevant information within your experiences, and making the stories resonate with audiences. An admit from HEC just proves the worth of their services 🙂
They made my application shine!
Mim-Essay helped me write my story in a way that was compelling and distinct. Through brainstorming, attentive listening, patience and hard work, the Mim-essay staff helped me find what made me unique and competitive in a large pool of applicants. In addition, the limitless edits made the essays and the resume engaging and appealing enough to stand out during the application
Love their approach
Thanks to their continued mentoring I was finally able to convert my RSM Application. The experience has been absolutely amazing & extremely streamlined. Their step by step process of asking me everything about my previous experiences starting from my childhood to my current state is quite an unprecedented practice that I have not seen any other admission counselor do. And the way they structure all of those experiences into a cohesive & the detailed prose is very remarkable. Overall, I'm completely impressed with MIM Essay & would highly recommend it to anyone who needs help for preparing his master's application.
Nothing but the best!
It was a great experience working with MiM-Essay team, they helped me crack into LBS my first priority, I did not even need to think of my second-priority or whatsoever. If MiM-Essay team diagnosed you, and then, ensured that you have a high level of possibility of achieving your aims, they definitely can help you prepare for the applications perfectly.
Just go for it!
I would say, do not think twice about it and GO for it. It is a worthwhile investment and will go a long way in helping you secure a place at your dream college. I not only got into my target colleges- HEC & ESSEC, but even won a 20,000 euro scholarship!
Taking the essay and interview pack was one of the best decisions I made during the journey, not only is their profound knowledge about business schools very helpful but also their constant support will keep you motivated. I am very happy with the service they propose. I truly believe it gave me a strong competitive advantage and helped me present a polished image of myself in front of the LBS panel, ultimately getting me an admit.
Want to improve your chances of an admit at the ESADE?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.