ESMT Berlin MBA Review
ESMT offers an interdisciplinary forum for discussion between academia, business, and politics. It has given leadership, innovation, and analytics top priority. These pillars are the foundation for the business school’s organisational and academic growth and direct its programming and research.
Applying for MBA at ESMT Berlin?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
ESMT Berlin MBA Introduction
AMBA, AASCB, EQUIS & FIBAA
ESMT MBA, Master of Business Administration is a full-time, one-year, personalised program starting in January. The program aims to assist you in gaining the knowledge and expertise necessary to advance. The program revolves around you, and you’ll have plenty of chances to customise it to suit your needs. ESMT’s Berlin MBA has three specialisation tracks: Managerial Analytics, Strategic Leadership, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship. You can also participate in the Summer Entrepreneurship Program or the Responsible Leaders Fellowship.
ESMT Berlin MBA Class Profile
The students have different academic backgrounds such as Engineering, Business/ Management, Humanities, Finance, Computer Sciences, and more. The students come to ESMT from several countries such as Austria, Germany, Philippines, Canada, Ghana, Russia, Chile, India, Sweden, China, Ireland, United Kingdom, Taiwan, Jordan, United States of America, Costa Rica, Lebanon, Uruguay, Georgia, Mexico, and Uzbekistan.
Average Work Ex
ESMT Berlin MBA Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of ESMT Berlin is 30%. The university is considered selective and competitive. The admission committee evaluates students’ profiles, and admission is given based on them. The GMAT scores, references, and academic achievements should be up to the university’s requirements. Meanwhile, you can build your profile to improve your chances of being accepted.
Acceptance rate – 30%
Program and Curriculum of ESMT Berlin MBA
The full-time MBA program runs for 15 months. It has foundation courses and later is tailored according to your needs & goals. The program structure and curriculum are as follows –
1. January to May – As the course begins, you start with the foundation courses and move towards developing an overall perspective. The courses you will study are Introduction to General Management, Global Virtual Teams, Presentation Skills, Structure Thinking, Inclusive Leadership, Building high-performance teams, German (optional), Competitive Strategy, Data Analytics for Managers, Evidence-based Management, Financial Accounting, Finance, Intro to Economic Thinking, Management Accounting, Managerial Analysis, and Decision Making, Marketing Management, Organizational Behaviour, and Operations & Supply Chain.
2. June to Middle July – After learning the fundamentals, you need to choose from one of the tracks with different specialisations focused on learning and developing these skills. The specialised tracks are Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Managerial Analytics, and Strategic Leadership. Courses are as follows –
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship – Human Factor of Innovation, Creating and Capturing Value, and Entrepreneurial Finance & Valuation.
- Managerial Analytics – Customer Analytics, Advanced Decision Modeling, and Machine Learning.
- Strategic Leadership – Digital Transformation. Corporate Strategy and Agile Leadership.
3. Middle July to September – As soon as you’re done learning the courses in-depth, you will move forward with building the skills.
- Summer internship – You get to work in a new industry as an intern for 6 to 12 weeks and test the skills you’ve learned.
- Sommer-Sprachschule – You can choose to attend a 6-week summer language program to take your ‘German’ language to the next level.
- Social Impact Challenge – You team up with your classmates to solve a corporate problem or social challenge in the current situation.
4. September to December – You can choose and study electives that support your future personal and career goals. It includes –
- Electives at ESMT on various themes like Sustainability, Digital transformation, Industry 4.0, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Personal Mastery, Business German, etc.
- Exchange Program – A full semester at one of the global partner universities such as KPMG, Daimler, Axel Springer, Allianz, The Boston Consulting Group and many more.
5. January to March – The capstone project for your MBA will apply what you have learned to a real-world consulting project. Budding entrepreneurs can use this time to work on their enterprises.
ESMT Berlin believes that networking shouldn’t end outside the classroom. ESMT’s clubs are student initiatives undertaken by a student with a desire to interact & get involved. These clubs are a level of theory with practice. Students from all degree programs join these clubs to learn and create something with united motivation and efforts.
- Agriculture Club
- Consulting Club
- Entrepreneurship Club
- Innovation & Technology Club
- Investment Club
- Marketing Club
- Net Impact Club
- Query Club
- Soccer Club
- Women in Leadership Club
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into ESMT Berlin MBA)
When you apply to ESMT, you are evaluated based on students who have succeeded professionally and academically. Following are the details most looked forward to –
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- An international perspective, intercultural proficiency, and ethical business conduct.
- Proven teamwork abilities in pressure-filled circumstances.
- Potential for leadership, particularly for high-performance career growth in a global setting.
- Willingness to absorb knowledge from others in a collaborative setting
To apply for a Master of Business Administration degree at ESMT Berlin, you need to meet all of the eligibility criteria mentioned below –
- Three years of consecutive postgraduate, professional experience at minimum.
- An undergraduate or relevant first university degree (bachelor).
- Strong GMAT (about 640) or GRE scores
- English proficiency test scores (95 in TOEFL, 65 in PTE, 7.0 in IELTS)
Document Related to the Application
- Academic Transcripts (detailed courses & grades).
- Updated CV/ Resume (showing at least three years of grad experience).
- One letter of recommendation.
- Essay Questions.
- Application Fee €50.
- A valid GMAT or GRE score.
The application fee for the direct application is €50.
ESMT Berlin MBA Deadlines
|1st Deadline||17 AUGUST|
|2nd Deadline||21 SEPTEMBER|
|3rd Deadline||16 NOVEMBER|
ESMT Berlin MBA Employment
ESMT’s Career Management team will help you will make a career development plan, personal branding, one-on-one meetings with career coaches, storytelling, company visits throughout Germany, interview skills workshop with corporate HR representatives, case interview preparation, on-campus recruitment activities, consulting in international teams, interviews mocks, etc. In addition, you stay connected with employers through workshops, events, seminars, fairs, and one-on-one meetings throughout the program.
Positions at which Master of Business Administration graduates work are –
- Head of Accounting Operations
- Project Lead
- Senior Program Manager
- Strategic Project Manager
- Venture Development Manager
- Junior Controller
- Senior Manager in Business Process Excellence
- Manager IT Assets & Investments
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Companies recruiting from ESMT Berlin MBA
- McKinsey & Company
- Ernst & Young
- Boston Consulting Group
- Morgan Stanley
- Munich RE
- Axel Springer
ESMT Berlin MBA Alumni Info
ESMT Berlin has a network of 18,000 in 40+ countries. There are international business professionals who belong to several industries and sectors who are in the alumni network. The Alumni organisation has 5,720+ alumni spread across 42+ nationalities. You can attend Alumni Masterclasses or partake in Alumni Network Fellowship.
Some Famous Alumni
- Carolina Rincon – Senior Product Manager at OLX Group.
- Ai Nakajima – Head of IT Operations Japan at Wipro.
- Leonardo Assad – Head of Growth & Rollout Strategy at FRAMEN.
- Moneef Barakat – Board Member Infinity Vogt Solar Services.
- Hillary Batchelder – Product Marketing Manager at Microsoft.
- Maxime Clermont – Senior Manager Commercial Operations at Kellogg Company.
- Marwan Dessouki – Senior Program Manager at Amazon.
- Liliane Duarte – Regional Sales Manager Allianz Automotive.
- Andrian Gavrilita – Policy Advisor at GIZ.
- Kondwani Kampenya – Country Manager at JBJ Foundation.
- Berverly Dodard-Guillaume – Project Manager Business Development at The Huru Foundation.
- Orlando Galan – Busines Development at Zalando.
- Victoire Ferrari – Senior Brand Manager Calendar, Adidas.
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for ESMT Berlin MBA
You need to answer the following questions (maximum 250 words per essay) –
- Describe your specific career aspirations and your reason for pursuing an MBA at ESMT Berlin.
- The values of ESMT Berlin are community, curiosity, courage, and rigor: which of these values resonates most with you and why?
- You can invite one guest for dinner, be they living, dead, fictional, or other. Who would you invite and why?
- Optional: Is there any other information, not covered in the application, that you would like us to know about you?
Letter of Recommendation for ESMT Berlin MBA
The university requires you to submit only one professional letter of recommendation. Your previous/ current employer can present this letter. In a professional LOR, the referee should start by adding information about who he is, his designation, his connection to you and the duration he has known you, including the exact date/ month of the first interaction. For example, I have known Ayush Tandon for 5 years, since April 2017. Preciseness in detail is an important part of a professional letter of recommendation.
Next, ask the referee to list your strength one by one/in separate paragraphs. For example, instead of soft skills, try to highlight more managerial skills as strengths to make a good impression in front of the university. Make sure to mention at least one weakness which does not contradict any of the mentioned strengths, as this will result in a poorly constructed LOR. Each asset or flaw needs to be described in detail, along with an illustration and the results. The passage needs to be structured in a way that begins with a description of the strength/ weakness when they witnessed it and the results you gave.
Interview Questions for ESMT Berlin MBA
You must stay ready for any questions that may be asked during an interview, regardless of whether they are general or in particular. Remember that speaking your mind during interviews is more vital than responding inanely. Try not to restrict yourself if you prepare and select your response to a specific subject because expressing yourself is more significant. During the interview, the ESMT Berlin admissions panel may examine you on the following topics:
Q: Tell me something about yourself.
Q: Why do you want to pursue a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree?
Q: Why a Master of Business Administration degree, and why not pursue some other graduate degree(s)?
Q: What are your future plans? Or tell me about your short & long-term goals?
Q: Any company you wish to work for in the future? Why this particular company? What do you know about this role?
Q: Is there any plan B if your career plans don’t work out?
Q: Why not study in your home country? Why do you want to study in Canada?
Q: Have you ever interacted with people from other countries or lived in a foreign country?
Q: What are your major strengths and weaknesses?
Q: Which other business schools have you targeted and why?
Q: What makes you unique/ different from the other candidates applying for ESMT’s MBA?
Q: What are you passionate about? Give me some examples of how you have shown it.
Q: Tell me about a recent news affair that caught your attention. What was so unique about it?
Q: What position did you hold at your most recent job or internship? What did it teach you? What kind of an impact did you create throughout the job or internship?
Q: What is your proudest achievement?
Q: Give an instance where you failed. What was your takeaway from experience?
Q: Give us an example of when you showcased leadership skills. What were the hardships you faced, and how did you overcome them?
What makes ESMT Berlin MBA Unique
Here are a few facts about ESMT that makes it unique-
- Global Recognition – The business school is focused on creating value in different tracks of business which are leadership, innovation and analytics. With easy access to Europe and the rest of the world, twelve months at ESMT for MBA will let you gain humongous international students opportunities or even switch careers. There are students who belong to ESMT Berlin ranks as the #1 business school in Germany and #7 in Europe.
- Guaranteed Placements – ESMT is a company which is laid its foundation by 25 corporations and institutions. Other than that, the extensive network nurtured by the career team with Berlin based-startups, MNCs, mid-sized enterprises, social organisations and so on. The recruiting companies include Amazon, Johnson & Johnson, Kenkou, Wayfair, and Deutsche Bahn, among many others.
- Return on Investment – ESMT is a brilliant investment choice for your future. You get working opportunities with companies like KPMG, Daimler, OLX Group, Wipro, Framen, Allianz, etc. The average salary received by graduates of 2020 was €73,500. Given the course fees, the student graduating from ESMT will earn 2x the amount invested by him/her. According to the latest Times Global MBA rankings, the business school ranks at #8 in terms of value for money.
- Startup Incubator – There is a 3500 sq ft. working office in Schöneberg, Berlin, namely Space Shack, for students of ESMT as well as outsiders who want to start their businesses. It is one of the largest co-working spaces in Germany. The team will help you connect with marketers, developers, lawyers, accountants, and so on to establish or run your venture.
- Financial Assistance – ESMT helps its students through scholarships and financial aid. The scholarships are allotted to students with excellent academic, personal and professional achievements. Other than that, companies such as Prodigy Finance, Brain Capital, Juno Graduate Student Loans and Deutsche Bildung Student Funding are close-knit with the business school to assist students.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is ESMT a good school?
ESMT is popular for higher education as well as its opportunity for career switch-related coaching facilities. According to Financial Times, the business school ranks No.1 in Germany and No.7 in Europe. In addition, its Masters in Management ranks #90 according to QS World University Rankings.
How hard is it to get into ESMT Berlin?
The admission rate for Master of Business Administration at ESMT Berlin is around 25%. However, the applicants should be aware that ESMT only accepts up to 70 MBA candidates each year.
Does ESMT Berlin require GMAT?
For admission into ESMT Berlin’s Master of Business Administration program, a candidate needs a GMAT of 640 or its equivalent in GRE. This score is mandatory and holds great importance for admissions.
Does ESMT Berlin require the German language?
To get admission or to study at ESMT Berlin, you do not need to know the German language. In Berlin, English is widely spoken. But for applying to scholarships, you need to have a German language level of B1/B2 or C1/C2.
How do you get a scholarship in ESMT Berlin?
There are more than 28 scholarships in ESMT Berlin’s MBA. When applying for scholarships, you need to answer a specific question and can only apply for three scholarships wherein you will be awarded one. Every scholarship has a different question.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services