ESMT MIM Overview
The ESMT MIM prepares you for a global career. The MIM program combines internships and a social impact project with applied coursework and research on the latest business and management theories. The program provides an interdisciplinary platform for discourse between management, business, and academia.
The ESMT MIM or ESMT Masters in Management prepares you for a global career. The MIM program combines internships and a social impact project with applied coursework and research on the latest business and management theories. The program provides an interdisciplinary platform for discourse between management, business, and academia.
ESMT MIM Class Profile
The European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) Berlin is renowned for providing a world-class education experience. The institution has established itself as a center of excellence, excelling in both management and technology education. ESMT offers a diversified and international curriculum, enabling students to build their own individualized study paths. Through its cutting-edge approach to research and teaching, ESMT helps its graduates develop the skills necessary to be successful in the ever-changing landscape of the business world.
Average Work Ex
ESMT MIM Acceptance Rate
ESMT Berlin is pretty selective in its applications to MIM program. The acceptance rate of MIM program at ESMT Berlin is estimated to be around 10%.
Program and Curriculum of ESMT MIM
ESMT offers a diverse range of programs specializing in education, research and management. The students come from diverse nationalities, creating a dynamic environment on campus. ESMT has a 84% placement record. The location is quite alluring and is opposite to the UNESCO world cultural heritage Museum Island.
- Judgment & Decision-making
- Competitive and Corporate Strategy
- Business Economics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Financial Management and Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting
- Business Analytics: Data Science for Analytics, Predictive Analytics/ Machine Learning, Advanced Decision Making Tools, Risk Modeling with Spreadsheets, Value Chain Analytics
- Finance & Investments: Valuation, International Finance & Risk Management, Entrepreneurial Finance and FinTech, Portfolio Management Seminar, Advanced Finance
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation: Economics of Innovation and New Technology, The Human Factor of Innovation, ‘Startup Challenge’, Design Thinking, Entrepreneurial Finance
- Global & Digital Strategy: Global Challenges, Strategic International Management, Digital Disruption & Business Models, Digital Marketing, Digital Entrepreneurship
Extra Activities for ESMT MIM
Student clubs and associations at ESMT are student-led initiatives that stem from a desire to get involved. Students have a unique opportunity to complement and expand their degree studies and experiences through the contacts of each club. Student proposals and a desire to establish something fresh and valuable for future ESMT students led to the formation of each club at ESMT. As a result, ESMT clubs are one-of-a-kind groups where theory meets practice, and students can take an active role in their education.
- ESMT student clubs
- Agriculture Club
- Consulting Club
- Entrepreneurship Club
- Innovation & Technology Club
- Investment Club
- Marketing Club
- Net Impact Club
- Queery Club
- Soccer Club
- Women in Leadership Club
Eligibility and Requirements for Getting into ESMT MIM
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study. There is no minimum GPA required for ESMT’s MIM program. Final-year undergraduate students nearing the conclusion of their degree can also apply.
- Postgraduate job experience of no more than 18 months is ideal.
To enroll in the Quantitative Business track, applicants must follow these steps:
- A degree in an analytical subject (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics), quantitative economics, finance, or a related topic is proof of excellent quantitative ability.
- A good GMAT score and a degree in any discipline (top 20 percent globally in the quantitative section). All applicants to this course are strongly encouraged to take the GMAT.
- The GMAT average score is 640.
To enroll in the Innovative Management track, students must complete the following steps:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field with exceptional grades.
- The GMAT or GRE is optional. However, the Admissions Team may request it in some situations.
ESMT MIM Deadlines
ESMT reviews MIM applications on a rolling basis, so students must submit their applications as soon as possible. The deadlines for this school are listed below:
|1st Deadline||March 31st, 2022|
|2nd Deadline||June 1st, 2022|
|3rd Deadline||August 15th, 2022|
ESMT MIM Employment/Placement
Around 94% of MIM graduates got internship offers within 3 months of graduation. Almost 84% of MIM graduates received full-time job offers within 3 months of graduating.
|Sector||Percentage of graduates employed|
|Business Data Analytics||19%|
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors hiring ESMT MIM Graduates
Top sectors where ESMT Berlin MiM graduates gets placed are:
Companies recruiting from ESMT MIM
- McKinsey & Company
- Ernst & Young
- Procter & Gamble
- Mercedes- Benz
ESMT MIM Alumni Info
The ESMT Berlin alumni hold evidence to success stories of top executives and entrepreneurs. ESMT MIM graduates are now working as marketing specialists, financial consultants, business analysts, reporting specialists, risk manager, sales manager, product manager, pricing analysts, energy consultants in top companies like Audi, Daimler, BASF, McKinsey & Co., Mercedes Benz Bank, Procter & Gamble, Wayfair and a lot more!
Top sectors where ESMT Berlin MiM graduates gets placed are:
Some Famous Alumni
- Zane Baity, MIM alumna and Graduate Program – Finance at Deutsche Börse
- Maik Dumstorff, MIM alum and Data & AI Solution Sales Specialist, Microsoft
- Sanya Rajgarhia, MIM alum and Junior Consultant, Allianz Consulting
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for ESMT MIM
Essay 1: ESMT is offering scholarships to Master’s in Management students. Please familiarize yourself with the scholarship options on their website and choose yes if you are interested in competing for an ESMT scholarship. Please name one scholarship from the list and explain why you qualify for this particular scholarship. If no specific scholarship is mentioned, your application for financial support will not be reviewed. (2500 words)
Essay 2: What matters most to you and why? (1500 words)
Essay 3 : Please discuss your short- and long-term career goals and how ESMT and the Master’s in Management will help you to achieve these. (1000 words)
Essay 4: ESMT is offering scholarships to Master’s in Management students. Please familiarize yourself with the scholarship options on their website and choose yes if you are interested in competing for an ESMT scholarship. Please name one scholarship from the list and explain why you qualify for this particular scholarship. If no specific scholarship is mentioned, your application for financial support will not be reviewed. (1800 words)
Letter of Recommendation for ESMT MIM
To complete your MIM application, you must provide one recommendation letter. In addition, you can select academic or professional referees (from previous internships).
The ideal letter of recommendation is a referee who can evaluate your work in an academic or professional situation and will take the time to write a thorough and supportive letter outlining particular examples rather than broad generalisations.
You can send your referee the recommendation template from within the application portal. In addition, you can add a previously written recommendation letter to the application platform if you have one.
Interview Questions for ESMT MIM
Q1. Where are you from? What and where did you study as an undergraduate and when did you graduate?
Q2. Why did you decide to attend ESMT?
Q3. Which other programs were you considering and what tipped the scales to favor ESMT?
Q4. Had you visited ESMT before deciding to attend?
Q5. What are some of your favorite things about living in Berlin?
Q6. What do you plan to do post-MIM?
Q8. Do you have any advice for some of our applicants who will be applying to ESMT?
What makes ESMT MIM Unique
1. Global University Rankings: The MIM program at ESMT has been ranked number 1 in Germany and number 12 globally in the Financial Times’ global Masters in Management (MIM) 2021 ranking. In addition to this, ESMT Berlin is presently ranked number 1 in Germany and number 7 in Europe in the FT Business School rankings. ESMT is one of just two German business schools to rank among the best in the world consistently.
2. Individual transformation: Individual change is the emphasis of ESMT Open Enrollment programmes. ESMT helps the individual learner stay current in a changing environment within the context of lifelong learning. ESMT professors and programme directors give hands-on learning opportunities that focus on leadership, adaptive change, and personal impact.
3. Social Impact Projects: The Master in Management (MIM) at ESMT is a full-time ‘pre-experience’ programme. Young fresh grads in their early twenties with little or no work experience are targeted. Internships and a social impact project are combined with applied coursework and research on the latest business and management theories.
4. Changing society for the better: ESMT facilitates good changes in the community and society by building on the transformational aspects of our activities for individuals and groups. Increase academic footprint in crucial areas with business and societal effects through the Sustainable Business Transformation Initiative. Sustainable Business Roundtable is a peer-to-peer learning network for a group of outstanding businesses at the forefront of the sustainability revolution. Responsible Leaders Fellowship is a non-profit organisation that provides pro bono services to organisations to help them create value and social impact in their communities. Industry Immersion Program, which helps young African university graduates get a job. Sustainability Ambassadors is a student-led effort that tracks our carbon footprint and works to make ESMT a more environmentally friendly campus.
5. Diversity and inclusion: Students, instructors, and staff promote diversity and inclusion ideals and practises inside the school and champion them in academia and the corporate world through the Inclusive Leadership Roundtable (ILRT). The “Charta der Vielfalt” was signed by ESMT Berlin (Diversity Charter).
ESMT Berlin offers a variety of degree courses that provide students with the opportunity to develop their skills in a unique and enriching environment. Through these courses, students can gain valuable knowledge while also forming connections with fellow peers and expanding their personal perspectives.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What are the criteria for the MIM application?
The following are the requirements for applying to ESMT’s MIM programme:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Proof of English competence (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) or graduation from an English-taught university programme.
- Essays and one recommendation must be included in the application.
- Having less than 18 months of professional experience after graduation (not including internship or work experience before bachelor programme graduation).
Is it necessary to have prior work experience to apply for the MIM?
Students do not require prior work experience while applying for the MIM program. However, you should have no more than 18 months of post-graduate job experience (after your BA degree) at the time of application. A part-time job completed before graduation is not included in the 18-month total. Likewise, if your post-graduate work experience isn’t “career-relevant,” you can ask for it to be excluded from the 18-month limit.
What types of scholarships are offered to MIM applicants?
Accepted candidates with academic merit and leadership potential are eligible for scholarships. Students must submit a scholarship essay to be considered for a scholarship. To add a cherry on the top, students can receive an early Application Discount of €2,000 by applying before March 31.
The ESMT scholarships cover a portion of the tuition fees. The majority of the students pay for their education via scholarships, loans, and personal savings.
Additionally, students can also opt for the following scholarship programs:
- Women’s Scholarships
- Outstanding Student Leadership Scholarship
- Net Impact Sustainability Scholarship
- DigitalFuture Summit MIM Scholarship
- e-fellows MIM Scholarship
- Developing Country Scholarships LDC/LLDC
- 700+ GMAT Scholarship
Is it possible for me to work part-time during the MIM?
German statutes allow students to work a maximum of 20 hours each week to keep their student status. However, because of the program’s heavy academic load, students typically prefer to work fewer hours to avoid jeopardising their academics.
Is there on-campus accommodation available at ESMT?
ESMT does not provide student housing on campus. In Berlin, you have the freedom to live wherever you want! Most students locate lodging within 25 minutes of school or less. Current students and alumni exchange pertinent housing information with all prospective students through ESMT’s student services portal.
Is it possible for me to contact current MIM students?
The MIM student ambassadors are there to assist you in understanding what it means to study at ESMT Berlin and be a part of the MIM community. Whether you want to learn more about classes, internships, or simply what it’s like to be a student in Berlin, the ESMT ambassadors are here to help.
You can reach out to the ambassadors by email. Tell them a little about yourself and what you’d like to learn more about.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services