ESSEC Singapore Asia Pacific Campus MBA Review
ESSEC Business School was formed in 1907 and is regarded as one of the best universities in the world. Since then, it has evolved into one of France’s most prestigious business schools.
Applying for MBA at ESSEC ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Through its undergraduate, graduate, executive education and PhD programs in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and beyond, ESSEC Business School trains agile, creative and open-minded professionals and fosters a spirit of lifelong learning. The mission of ESSEC Business School is to create and disseminate cutting-edge knowledge and train and develop bold pioneers and influential leaders for both the business world and society as a whole.
ESSEC Singapore MBA Class Profile
By enrolling in the ESSEC Asia-Pacific MBS degree, you will become an ESSEC Alumni member. As a result, you shall have access to a network of 62,000 graduates working in every sector around the world and more than 80 Alumni international chapters.
Average Work Ex
ESSEC Singapore MBA Acceptance Rate
In an increasingly interconnected, technological, and uncertain world, where tasks are becoming increasingly complex, ESSEC provides a distinct pedagogical approach. As a research-driven academic institution, ESSEC has always attempted to embody and transmit its five core values: humanism, innovation, responsibility, excellence, and diversity.
Students are admitted through the Concours entrance exam, with a 6-7% acceptance rate.
ESSEC Singapore MBA Program Curriculum
Through the ESSEC Singapore MBA program, students will acquire the skills and knowledge required to deal with complex situations arising from the digital revolution, build up their network, learn to think out of the box, create value, make decisions in the face of uncertainty and risk, manage in multi-cultural environments, work in global business contexts and think independently and collaboratively in teams.
ESSEC Singapore MBA also provides an MBA in Strategy and Leadership major.
Following is the list of modules that one comes across in the curriculum of the ESSEC Singapore MBA program curriculum –
- Leadership Training
- Management of People at Work
- Global Negotiator: Making Deals Across Cultural Borders
- Advanced Excel for Managers
- Financial Accounting Refresher
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- French/Mandarin Classes
- Managerial Accounting and Control
- Operations Management
The electives are offered in the following academic areas:
- Business Law: Effective Leadership through Legal Literacy
- Statistical Analysis for Management
- Business Model Innovation in the Digital Age
- Digital Disruption
- Geopolitics and Business
- Business and Society, Sustainability, Responsible Leadership Seminar
- Project Management for Digital Initiatives
- Cyber Security Strategy for Business Leaders
- Business Analytics
Following is the list of scholarships that one ought to be aware of if one’s planning to pursue an MBA program from ESSEC Singapore South Asia –
- ESSEC-QS Future Leader Scholarship
- Philippe Mathe Fellowship
- Serge Bellanger French-American MBA Student Scholarship
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship
- High Potential Scholarship
- Fast Fair Reduction Scholarship
- Diversity Scholarship
- Leadership Scholarship
- Capstone Field Consulting Project
- Business trips: Luxembourg and Amsterdam
- Digital Week Competition in France
Eligibility and Requirements for getting into ESSEC Singapore MBA
- You must be at least 25 years old when you submit your application (average: 30)
- At least three years of professional experience after graduation (excluding internships)
- Previous international work experience (abroad or in a global environment)
- A Bachelor’s Degree (four years)
- A strong GMAT or GRE score
- Advanced command of the English language
Document Related to the Application
- A professional CV/resume (1-2 pages maximum)
- A copy of your passport or ID card ID photo, passport-style (medium to a high-resolution digital image)
- 1 Scholarship Essay (if applicable)
- Two professional LORs (please include two pdf reference letters in your application in this format only)
- Official transcripts of grades from all previous academic institutions (excluding high school)
- Official transcripts from all previous academic institutions (excluding high school)
- If you are a French candidate, please bring a copy of your baccalauréat
- Original GMAT or GRE score (Online GMAT Scores are accepted)
- Original TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC score Application fee: €130
ESSEC Singapore MBA Deadlines
|Online Application Deadline||Final Decision|
|May 22nd||Week of May 30th|
|June 12th||Week of June 20th|
- In an about a week, post the final decision, admitted candidates should receive an offer letter
- Post getting admitted, candidates shall need to reserve their seat by depositing about $5000
ESSEC Singapore MBA Employment/Placements
The ESSEC Singapore MBA Career Services Team continuously works towards building partnerships with major companies and institutions in the corporate world. The team supports students in developing the skills they need to be exceptional candidates for world-class recruiters. Thanks to the engagement of alumni, HR, and executive search firms, the team is able to kickstart students’ careers in their desired industry and help them achieve their goals.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors hiring ESSEC Singapore MBA Graduates
Since 1993, over 1,200 companies or organisations have welcomed over 7,000 ESSEC students through the university’s apprenticeship programme. Moreover, ESSEC Singapore MBA Asia Pacific Graduates are hired by numerous sectors, some of which have been mentioned below:
Top 3 Sectors
- Management consulting is one of the most popular post-MBA careers among MBA candidates. Indeed, 29 per cent of students surveyed by the GMAC in the 2019 annual prospective students survey were interested in consulting as a post-MBA career.
- McKinsey, Bain, and BCG, also known as “MBB firms,” reported base salaries of more than $165,000, with signing bonuses of $35,000 or more. This brings the total compensation to a mind-boggling $200,000.
2. Financial Services
- Companies hiring MBA in Finance graduates offer an average salary of $109,740 for a finance job, according to the BLS. Companies hiring MBA in Finance graduates have increased by 9%, with MBA graduates expected to be more talented.
- MBA in finance courses are among the most popular professions for which students apply for an MBA course. The main reason for this is that companies looking for MBA in Finance graduates are looking for candidates who have finance majors in addition to the great MBA packages that these firms offer.
- According to a recruiting trends survey of nearly 100 business schools, the technology industry is the largest recruiter of MBA graduates.
- According to the ESSEC MBA Career Services & Employer Alliance survey, the tech industry saw the greatest increase, with 57 per cent of schools reporting an increase — a similar number to the 56 per cent who reported an increase in 2019.
- The technology industry also saw the greatest increase in internship recruiting for full-time MBA students, with 55 per cent of schools reporting an increase; in 2019, 61 per cent reported an increase.
Companies recruiting from ESSEC MBA
- MCKINSEY & COMPANY
- Wells Fargo
- J.P. Morgan Chase
- Visa Inc.
- Generali Group
ESSEC Sngapore MBA Alumni Info
The mission of the ESSEC Group Graduates’ Association (ADGE) is to represent the 62,000 alumni from all the programmes established on every continent, to accompany them throughout their professional careers, and to inform and unite the community on both personal and professional interests. ADGE’s initiatives today take place within a truly international framework, with graduates living and working on all five continents and a presence in over 71 countries.
The ESSEC Singapore MBA Alumni association currently consists of over 55 local chapters around the globe. This active network regularly engages with students, organizing events throughout the year, maintaining an exclusive directory of contacts, and promoting partnerships between current and former ESSEC students and the global business community.
Some Famous Alumni
- Heang Chorr (Founder and Managing Partner of Qualgro)
- Puneet Chatwal (MD & CEO at Indian Hotels Company Limited)
- Fleur Pellerin (Founder and CEO of Korelya Capital)
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for ESSEC Singapore MBA
ESSEC Singapore MBA has one common essay question for all applicants and specific major essay questions. All of these essays are to be answered in 300-500 words. Students should only opt for optional essays if they find it necessary to share additional information about their candidature that is not already covered in the required essays or in other parts of your application.
Common Essay –
What career are you targeting immediately following the ESSEC Singapore MBA, indicating function, field, target company/companies, and region of the world? Similarly, in detail, how does your career path continue in the medium term and long term?
Essay 1 –
Please give an example of when you created positive change within an organization, highlighting elements of teamwork, leadership, creativity, and interculturalism, where applicable.
Essay 2 –
Please briefly describe an important, current issue in your home country or organization and how strategic leadership and digital transformation could address and solve this issue.
Optional Essay –
You may choose to write about a subject of your choice if you feel you have something additional to share. You may also use this space to write about any of the components of your candidature that you feel requires additional explanation.
Interview Questions for ESSEC Singapore MBA
ESSEC Singapore MBA falls under the competitive category of business school, owing to which it has an acceptance rate of about 6-7%. Also, ESSEC Singapore MBA puts a lot of emphasis on providing the students with a global outlook and international experiences. Therefore, it is imperative for applicants to reflect the values revolving around globalization in their application.
Henceforth, questions asked for the interview of ESSEC Singapore MBA also focus on the international worldview. And because ESSEC Singapore MBA interviews are conducted by current students and alumni, they tend to be a little warmer than admissions committee interviews. Nonetheless, the interviewer attempts to determine how strong your motivations for pursuing an MBA are, how enthusiastic you appear to be about the ESSEC MBA programme, and whether you would fit well into the program’s worldwide community.
During the interview, many traditional MBA interview questions are asked, as well as the ones geared to gauge how collaborative and global-minded you are. You should also anticipate a slew of follow-up questions.
To give you a better idea of the questions, allow us to share a set of questions that can potentially prepare you for a real interview.
Initial Questions –
- Who is (your name)? Who are you? Introduce yourself to me. What do you bring to the table?
- What are you engaged in currently?
- Why did you opt for your current job profile?
- How important is this job for you? Does your company really serve its motto?
- What forces you to get out of the bed?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals? How close do you think you are to achieving them?
Questions on Teamwork and Leadership –
- What does leadership mean to you?
- Do you think you are a leader? If you do, what makes you one?
- How would you define your style for leading people?
- Did you ever lead a project? What are the strengths and weaknesses that you got to know while leading that project in particular?
- Who is a successful business leader for you?
- Talk to me about an incident wherein you resolved a conflict as a leader.
Behavioural Questions –
- Talk to me about your parents and your initial upbringing.
- How did your childhood influence you?
- Would you define yourself as a risk-taker? If yes, why do you do so?
- How would you define your personality?
- What are the strong aspects of your personality?
- What was the last time when you were the most decisive?
Questions to Gauge Your Aptitude to Pursue Global Education –
- Talk to me about the cultural aspects of your life. What do you bring in terms of your culture to ESSEC MBA Singapore South Asia Pacific?
- Talk to me about your international experiences and what you learned from them.
- How would you be able to deal with the challenges you might face in terms of dealing with a diverse group of people at the university?
- How would you contribute to the diversity at the university?
- Talk to me about a recent international news affair that might have caught your attention.
SingapoWhat makes ESSEC Singapore MBA Unique?
Well, several reasons!
- ESSEC Singapore MBA offers two majors, both of which focus on worldwide markets and are designed to provide you the tools and knowledge you need to succeed in today’s competitive market in a year.
- You will have the opportunity to learn from ESSEC’s world-renowned faculty, which includes more than 160 people from 36 countries and the world’s most prestigious institutions. The program is supported by international professors who are experts in their respective fields and will enrich the experience with case-studies from each sector.
- You will have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with 175 Alumni and Industry Leaders. These one-of-a-kind opportunities provide you with both networking and mentoring opportunities. Because of our affiliation with AMBA, you will also have the opportunity to interact with MBA participants from other business schools in France.
- Throughout the year, you will be paired with an experienced executive in your field of interest who will serve as a mentor. The mentor’s role is to provide insight into career prospects and opportunities in your field, as well as assistance in defining your professional goals and networking.
- You will be immersed in sustainability issues and leadership challenges during your three days of integration into the ESSEC Singapore MBA. ESSEC Singapore takes great pride in experimenting with new training and teaching methods. The location may change from year to year to keep up with current sustainability trends and issues. You will form strong bonds with the other cohort members throughout this three-day adventure. This bond will see you through the year and into the future.
- Field trips will help you understand current business challenges in various socioeconomic and cultural contexts. You will go on a week-long field trip to a different location each year during the second term. This field trip combines cultural and professional activities to help you learn about how businesses operate in different countries. You will complete an industry-focused research project, visit companies, and meet local ESSEC Singapore MBA alumni during this trip. Previous trips have taken place in China, South Africa, Russia, Hong Kong, Dubai, and Italy… This year, business trips to key European destinations are planned.
- This final project will provide you with hands-on experience working with a team on a real-world business problem, allowing you to put your newly gained skills and knowledge to the test. The project could be a case competition or a consulting mission on vital and strategic themes established in partnership with sponsoring companies, depending on your major. A three- to four-week immersion conducted by academics and supervisors culminates in a final written report and presentation delivered during the capstone seminar.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What are my odds of being accepted to ESSEC Singapore Asia Pacific if I meet the basic requirements?
Completing the fundamental criterion that deals with basic requirements assures you merely the successful application. But it does not ensure admission of the candidate as it entirely depends on the quality of the candidature, the whole profile, competition, and so much more.
What are the crucial factors that the Admission Committee consider while interviewing the candidates?
No one ultimate approach that can help you secure admission to the program. While evaluating an applicant’s profile, the Admission Committee prefers to take a holistic approach. Therefore, there is no sure shot formula of an approach that one can mention.
However, a well-balanced profile can surely leave an impact on AdCom.
Is it necessary for a candidate to have Commerce or Business degree to pursue this programme?
Certainly not! At ESSEC Singapore Asia Pacific MBA, the AdComs are devoted to the concept of diversity. As a result, there is no clause per se as per which only the Business or Commerce students can apply for an MBA at ESSEC Singapore Asia Pacific.
Can one apply for the programme until the conclusion of the application deadline?
Well, one would advise you not to. The ideal approach is to apply as soon as it is feasible for you.
My undergraduate GPA does not accurately reflect my academic ability. So, to balance that, should I enrol in another course?
Nope. Instead, one must focus on getting a solid GMAT or GRE score.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services