Faculty of Business and Economics – HEC Lausanne
Masters in Management
( Master of Science (MSc) in Management)
HEC Lausanne MiM Overview
The MiM program of HEC Lausanne has joined in the top 20 FT rankings list for its specialized program. This program is officially known as masters of Science in Management. The faculty of Business and Economics in HEC Lausanne focus on training ambitious young achievers into the business leaders of tomorrow. It primarily has 4 orientations to choose from: Business Analytics, Strategy, Organization & Leadership, Marketing, Behaviour, Economics and Evolution (BEE).
HEC Lausanne MiM Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’18||–|
Program and Curriculum
HEC Lausanne looks for ideal candidates, who have an inclination towards research analysis, well rounded academia capabilities and dynamism. The school apart from its four specific orientations has added business analytics into its curriculum to provide strategic and analytical expertise to its budding graduates. During the third semester, students may participate in an exchange program in another university. The fourth is entirely dedicated to the Master thesis. In all orientations, semester projects allow students to apply field methodologies to real data.
- Behavioural Economics
- Business and Human Rights
- Business and Society – Corporate Sustainability
- Contrats Internationaux I
- Contrats Internationaux II
- Enterpreneurshup and Strategy
- Experimental Methods
- Fiscalite Internationale
- Innovation law
- IT Strategy and IS Governance
- Managerial decision Making
- Market Creation and Entrepneurial marketing
- Power and Leadership
- Pricing Strategies
- Supply Chain Management
- Unethical Chain Management – Basics
- Unethical Chain Management – Advanced
- Organisational Behaviour
- International Management
- Management of Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Behaviour, Economics and Evolution
Student and campus life is remarkable in HEC Lausanne. many of the student groups and associations are managed and run by students via close links forged with professional world. The graduates get opportunities to use their knowledge to create connections.
The many activities and events organized throughout the year enhance and enrich the daily life on campus. Here are some of the student clubs offered in HEC Lausanne:
- Comité HEC – HEC Lausanne students’ committee
- Finance Club HEC Lausanne
- HEC Espace Entreprise (HEE)
- Heliste Business & Luxury Association
- Innovation Time
- Junior Entreprise HEC Lausanne
- START Lausanne
- Wine Society
- PhDnet, Association of doctoral students
The Master of Science (MSc) in Management provides advanced training in business administration by providing students with the most recent tools based on research in the fields of management, economics, applied psychology, sociology, business analytics and marketing.
|Financial and Banking|
Top companies recruiting from RSM
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
- Consumer Goods
Banking & Financial Services
Want to know your chances at HEC Lausanne?
HEC Lausanne MiM Alumni Info
The 40 year old HEC alumni association brings in together all the alumni of the school. Its main objective is to assist the graduates from HEC Lausanne to maintain and develop their professional footprint and creating lasting impressions among the members from all discipline. The Association also participates in the HEC Lausanne network through conferences and events held throughout the world. Moreover, the ALUMNIL network includes all graduates of the University of Lausanne. It is a free service offered by UNIL, whose mission is to allow alumni to develop their professional and personal contacts, maintain their living knowledge, and retain a link with UNIL and their School.
Some Famous Alumni
- Claude Nicollier, Astronaut
- Bhumibol Adulyadej, King of Thailand
- Hans Fischer, Nobel Laureate
- Louis C. Camilleri, Businessman
- Muhammad Sa’ed Maraghei, Ex Prime minister of Iran
- Michael Nobel, Swedish-Russian entrepreneur
HEC Lausanne sets value on internationalization, seeing itself as staging area for many different cultures, innovative ideas and diversity in people. Teaching and research are supposed to be first-class quality, providing students with the necessary knowledge to develop into successful, yet socially responsible individuals, passing this knowledge on to the next generations, whether it be as leaders in regional, national and international corporations, or as future educators.
- Proficiency In English
A Bachelor’s degree from a Swiss university in Economics, Management, Finance or Information Systems is required. Any other qualification or a university degree from a different country in the same fields of study is considered as valid.
2583 US $
EQUIS, AMBA, QTEM, BSIS
HEC LausanneMiM Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 30 April 2019 (Autumn session)|
|Round 2 30 November 2019 (Spring session)|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge English Advanced, or Cambridge English Proficiency accepted.
- CV and letter of recommendations in English
- proof of payment of 200 Swiss Francs as administrative fees
- signed copy of the confirmation of the online application