What is GMAT? GMAT Full Form, Syllabus, Exam Dates, and other details that you need to know
What is GMAT Full Form?
The GMAT full form is the Graduate Management Admission Test and is a 3-hour 7-minute-long computer adaptive test used to assess analytical, quantitative, verbal and written skills. The Graduate Management Entrance Test is a standard test that you must take to apply to a business school. This is a Computer Adaptive Test and has multiple-choice questions. Moreover, GMAT is administered and developed by GMAC to provide business schools with standardized measures to prepare applicants for graduate-level academic work.
In addition to your GMAT scores, the Business School Admissions Committees look at your academic record, work experience, extracurricular activities and other factors to assess your preparation for the rigorous MBA program. However, you must be aware of the fact that GMAT is not an easy exam. That said, to get admission for a graduate program in the top B-schools globally, you need to score at least a 730+ in your GMAT test, a perfect score to get into schools such as Harvard Business School, MIT, Stanford GSB, and HEC.
GMAT 2021 Syllabus
GMAC administers the Graduate Management Admission Test 2021 that is the GMAT full form. GMAT scores are required for admission to most business schools around the world. As the score is accepted worldwide, the number of candidates appearing for the GMAT 2021 exam is large. Furthermore, it is also a computer adaptive test, which means that the level of difficulty of the questions increases after the candidates answer. Besides, the first step in preparing for GMAT 2021 is to understand the GMAT 2021 curriculum well. After which, candidates can make a game plan to prepare for the GMAT 2021 exam. Moreover, the candidates will also get an idea from this syllabus. Furthermore, GMAT entrance exam syllabus is divided into sections of topics: Analytical Writing, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Section, and Verbal Reasoning.
In this section, the examiners analyze the candidate’s writing ability. This section mainly tests the candidate’s language skills through argument and issue-based articles. Moreover, a candidate must have a strong command of grammar and words.
The purpose of this section is to test a candidate’s mathematical abilities. These include number system, mix and charge, profit and loss, sequence and sequence, interest, ratio and proportion, trinity meter height and distance, algebra permission and combination.
The verbal section measures the candidate’s ability to read and understand the given data and reasoning and further evaluate the arguments. That is to say, and it measures the candidate’s English proficiency and reasoning skills.
This section measures your overall mental ability to understand and evaluate various facts and types of information, such as verbal, numerical, and graphical aspects.
Want to know which school is the best fit for you?
Take Our Free Profile Evaluation Now!
GMAT Syllabus for Quant Section
According to the GMAT syllabus, there are two types of questions in the Quantum section – data affordable and troubleshooting. That said, it contains 31 questions in total, and you have 62 minutes to complete it.
- Data cheapness questions state one problem followed by two factual statements. It will help if you decided whether the statement of concern is sufficient to answer the question. There are about 11-13 questions.
- When it comes to problem-solving questions, they include math, algebra, geometry and other topics. There are about 18-20 questions.
The GMAT Quant section mainly consists of the following topic questions to measure your overall problem-solving abilities in the mathematical realm:
Arithmetic Algebra Geometry
Functions Lines and angles Quadrilaterals
Decimals Quadratic equations Circles Inequalities
Coordinate geometry Permutation and combination Probability
Mixtures and allegations
Ratio and proportion
Pipes, cisterns, and work time
Speed, time, distance
Simple and Compounded Interest
GMAT Syllabus for Verbal Section
According to the GMAT syllabus, the oral section has three types of questions – reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and sentence correction. Moreover, it consists of 36 multiple choice questions completed in 65 minutes. Furthermore, GMAT oral aims to test the ability to understand written material and understand logical relationships. Furthermore, critical reasoning questions give you an argument that needs to be analyzed, evaluated, and then formulated or evaluated. Most importantly, all these questions are multiple-choice based questions.
- Punishment correction includes questions that present a problem with a sentence. You need to decide if there is a grammatical problem and if so, you need to choose from the four alternatives in question.
- Reading comprehension questions include short or long sections (200-400 words), where you need to evaluate it and answer three or four multi-dimensional questions.
GMAT Syllabus for Integrated Reasoning Section
The integrated reasoning section in the GMAT Syllabus consists of data presented in passages, graphs, tables, or combined. There are four different types of questions:
- Two-Part analysis – These types of questions are presented in the form of 2 questions that connect with the same information. Moreover, five or six choices are given, among which the answers to the question might be similar or different.
- Multi-Source Reasoning – These questions are more or less critical reasoning questions that have multiple tabs with inputs.
- Graphic Interpretation – As the name suggests, this type of question mainly comprises graphs wherein you need to analyze the information provided in the graph to develop the correct solution.
- Table Analysis – In this kind of integrated reasoning question, a table is presented with all the important information you need to answer the three questions allotted to decipher the data in the table.
GMAT Syllabus for Analytical Writing Assessment Section
The analytical writing section in the GMAT exam will consist of varied topics on which the test-taker will have to write, or a reference may be presented based on which the candidate will have to answer. Besides, the curriculum in this section is wide and varied as the subject of the passage may be a subject of interest. The idea is to focus on formulating the answer, not the arguments presented. The test taker needs to stay neutral in his/her opinions since the main focus would be on the writing style and proficiency. The two main common types of essay questions generally fall under the below mentioned two categories:
- Argumentative essay
For this question, the candidate needs to understand and analyze the reasoning of the question and then present his/her argument that best summarizes the main aspect of the question.
- Issue related essay For this question, you will have to write a 600 words essay based on the issue or statement presented in the question. This kind of essay writing questions provides you with more space to explore your opinions and writing styles. However, make sure that your opinions are properly justified since you will be judged based on the opinions you display through this essay.
Want to Know How We Can Help to take Your Masters Application to Next Level?
Check Our All In One Service!
GMAT Exam Dates 2021
The most notable and prominent feature of the GMAT exam is the flexibility to choose dates according to one’s preference. GMAT 2021 aspirants can decide to take the GMAT 2021 exam whenever they are ready. Besides, they can also choose a date and start your GMAT preparation accordingly. They can choose to take the GMAT 2021 exam more than once a year as the GMAT 2021 exam occurs throughout the year. There are certain limits to how many times a candidate can appear in the GMAT 2021 exam.
All candidates can choose the date of examination at their convenience. It will help if you keep in mind that there should be a minimum of 16 days between any two continuous attempts. The maximum effort has a limitation of to 5 per year. Also, a candidate cannot make more than eight attempts in his life. GMAC decides the choice of the date of GMAT 2021 exams, despite leaving it to the candidate. Because it may vary depending on the number of applicants for the day, candidates must also check the deadlines of the universities to which they want to apply and schedule their GMAT 2021 exams accordingly. The following is the tableau representation of GMAT entrance exam dates 2021 details.
Thus, if you plan to take the GMAT exam, this is the right place for you. This article contains all the information that a test-taker would require as part of his/her initial research before delving into the GMAT preparation mode. This updated information would most importantly help you create your GMAT study plan based on the current scenario.