Harward MBA 2+2 Review
As per Top Universities’ latest rankings, Harvard University has remained at the apex position since many years globally. The Harvard MBA 2+2 Program grants deferred admission to students currently in their final year of college or master’s programs.
Applying for MBA 2+2 at Harward Business School ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Harvard MBA 2+2 Overview
Harvard Business School, the Graduate Business school of Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts has made its name synonymous with the Executive Education and for the right reasons. Founded in 1908, Harvard Business School is a prestigious business school with an extensive alumni network of 85,000. Harvard MBA 2+2 is one of the best programs for students.
As per Top Universities’ latest rankings, Harvard University has remained at the apex position since many years globally. It is the best business school around the world. Rich in diversity, Harvard Business School is a home to International students from 160+ countries, and has approximately 45% women population. The school has produced successful businessmen and entrepreneurs such as Ratan Tata, Mike Bloomberg, George W. Bush and many others, thanks to its outstanding education. The admission process has few requirements like the GMAT score etc. Let’s find out more about the Harvard Business School.
Harvard MBA 2+2 Class Profile
The Harvard MBA 2+2 Program grants deferred admission to students currently in their final year of college or master’s programs. It involves a period of work experience that ranges from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 4 years in a professional capacity in any public, private or nonprofit organization, accompanied by two years of study in the HBS MBA Program.
Average Work Ex
Harvard mba 2+2 Acceptance rate
The competitive nature of this program and Harvard’s search for the smartest and brightest students are both openly stated by the university. For students without a background in economics or business, the good news is that they will essentially be competing in a pool that removes a lot of that competition. The bad news is that HBS is searching for exceptional candidates, who are individuals who are graduating at the top of their class, have good credentials, strong leadership experience, and high prospects in whatever job they are beginning.
Acceptance rate – 12%
Harvard MBA 2+2 Program Curriculum
The Harvard MBA 2+2 Program is a deferred MBA program that equips applicants to have a hold on the skills and attitude required to work in a professional setting. Students are further integrated with the incoming MBA batch, where they acquire essential leadership skills and comprehensive general management techniques through the immersive and pragmatic program structure.
HBS gives you the option to continue working with an organization for 4 or even 4 years before you take up a seat in its MBA program.
A few of the Core Courses offered
- Financial Reporting and Control
- Leadership and Organizational Behaviour
- Technology and Operations Management
- Business, Government and the International Economy
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Leadership and Corporate Accountability
Key electives offered
Here are some examples of the same
- Accounting and Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Negotiation, Organizations and Markets
- General Management
The HBS Career and Professional Development invites over 290 companies on campus each year for placement interviews, presentations and networking events, ensuring that students get a holistic overview of life after graduation. This is in addition to the more than 6,000 companies that post employment notifications and requirements on the HBS portal.
Clubs and Events
HBS houses over 70 clubs and associations. A few of them are:
- The General Management & Operations Club
- The Partners’ Club
- The TechMedia Club
- The Wine & Cuisine Society
- The Women’s Student Association
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into Harvard mba 2+2)
- Applicants must be final year students in undergraduate or full-time masters program.
- Masters students must not have worked after their undergrad and must have entered the program straight after graduating.
- Applicants have must have taken the GRE/GMAT. The AWA section of either test and the Integrated Reasoning portion of the GMAT, if taking the GMAT, must be taken mandatorily.
Harvard mba 2+2 Application Information
The application requirements for HBS are given below. Entrance exams scores are required for HBS MBA like the GRE/GMAT score. The applicant is recommended that a strong essay, LOR, and other transcripts help you gain admission at HBS. GMAT/GRE scores are also required.
- Transcripts of your previous institution
- Online application form
- Application Essays
- GMAT/GRE score
- One page CV
- 2 Letter of Recommendations
- IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
- Application fee 100 USD, nonrefundable, but can be waivered.
Harvard MBA 2+2 Program Employment
The MBA 2+2 program at Harvard Business School has been developed in extensive consultation with leading recruiters, and the curriculum focuses on the knowledge and skills top-flight employers demand. As a result, the MBA at HBS is excellent preparation for your management career. Global companies come on campus throughout the year to recruit our talent; termly recruitment fairs give you the chance to network with a wide range of companies, ranging from finance and consulting firms to tech firms and start-ups.
Harvard Business School has 60 Career Coaches, 150 Alumni Career programs, and more than 1600 Recruiting Partners, making employment opportunities immensely fruitful.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors hiring from Harvard MBA 2+2
- Business Development.
- General Management.
- Strategic Planning.
Top companies recruiting from HBS
- McKinsey & Company
- Ernst & Young
- Bain & Company
- Crawford & Co.
- Credit Suisse
- American Express
- Morgan Stanley
HBS MBA 2+2 Alumni Info
With more than 85,000 living alumni spread across 160 countries, HBS students have a vast alumni network at their disposal. which includes industry leaders across fields like consulting, finance and technology. The school hosts networking events at regular intervals where students get to interact and network with professionals from varied fields and develop contacts that help them secure lucrative offers at top firms.
Some Famous Alumni
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
- Michael Porter, world-renowned economist
- Michael Bloomberg, CEO, Bloomberg LP
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Harvard 2+2 MBA
The HBS MBA application comprises of just 1 essay question, with no prescribed word limit.
As we review your application, what more would you like us to know as we consider your candidacy for the Harvard Business School MBA program?
Letter of Recommendation for Harvard 2+2 MBA
The University of Harvard requires applicants to provide two letters of reference, each written by a separate academic instructor. Students who desire to do so have the option of submitting extra letters of reference. In addition to that, the university wants one letter of recommendation written by a guidance counselor.
You are going to want to ask professors who have worked closely with you and who understands your abilities inside and out to write your letter of reference for Harvard. In a perfect world, experts advise students to take eleventh-grade classes since their teachers will have more current recollections of their performance in the classroom and will be aware of how well they do in higher-level classes.
Interview Questions for Harvard MBA 2+2
The Harvard Business School interview distinguishes out from others not just because it is a challenging aspect of the admission process for top MBA programs but also because of the rather unusual manner in which it is carried out. Because being invited to an HBS interview is such a rare and prestigious opportunity, there is always going to be a great deal of pressure involved. In addition, the interview is conducted at a rapid tempo, with 30–40 questions being asked in the space of precisely half an hour.
Some sample questions are:
- Who are some of the types of individuals you want to connect with while attending HBS?
- How did you find the application process for the Harvard Business School MBA?
- What is it that your manager would consider to be a deficiency?
- When did you decide to acquire an MBA?
- I was wondering what your five closest friends would have to say about you. Why?
- What led to your decision to quit your most recent job?
- What led you to choose that particular field of study for your undergraduate degree?
- What alternative major would you have pursued if you hadn’t chosen the one that you did for your undergraduate degree?
What makes Hardvard MBA 2+2 Unique
- Let us read through what we have learnt till now about MBA 2+2 at Harvard Business School.
- The 2+2 program is comprised of at least two years of professional work experience followed by two years in the regular HBS MBA Program.
- MBA 2+2 provides students with the critical business knowledge, adaptive mentality, and business-ready practical skills they need to succeed in today’s brutally competitive economy.
- After being admitted through 2+2, students spend a minimum of two years (maximum of four years) working in a professional position in the public, private, or nonprofit sector before enrolling at HBS
- More than 85,000 executives from 160+ countries make up the global alumni network.
HBS MBA 2+2 admission process is easy, but the requirements need to be kept in mind. A GMAT or GRE score is required in HBS, along with other requirements as mentioned in the blog. Through this HBS MBA 2+2 review, you must have gained sufficient information about HBS MBA 2+2 Program.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
How to get into Harvard MBA?
To get into Harvard MBA, you must have excellent academic background(usually 3.7 GPA) including Top GMAT scores and minimum 2-3 years of professional work-experience.
How hard is it to get into Harvard MBA?
Harvard Business School is the pioneer of business schools globally, and the acceptance rate to get into Harvard MBA is as low as 3.4%.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services