MSc in International Finance
Applying for HEC?
Know how we can increase your Chances by 300%
Introduction – HEC Paris
Have you heard about the HEC MIF? Do you want to be a part of a successful HEC team? This blog contains the HEC Paris MIF review. HEC Paris is a prestigious business school located in Jouy-en-Josas, France. It is one of the most exclusive and renowned grandes écoles in France. The school is home to notable alumni such as François-Henri Pinault, Baudouin Prot, Emmanuel Faber, François Hollande, Valérie Pécresse, Jean-Yves Fillion and many others, thanks to its outstanding education. The admission process has few requirements like the GMAT score etc. Let’s find out more about HEC MIF.
HEC Paris MIF Overview
The HEC Paris MSc in International Finance (MIF) program caters for excellent self motivated minds that look to succeed in a career in finance and consulting. The program focuses strongly on analytical sphere yet accessible for business, finance or economics, physics or engineering backgrounds. Students a e presented with the opportunity to study with faculty members who lead well in their respective fields. Capstone projects involve students in finding solutions to real world problems, providing experiences that can apply directly to jobs after graduation.
HEC MIF Highlights
Program and Curriculum
HEC MIF program prefers to complement theoretical teaching by using top researchers and practitioners lectures to give our graduates that “extra edge” over graduates from other institutions. MSc in international finance program is taught by world class researchers as well as influential practitioners. It offers a wide variety of electives and two tracks, the program is well tailored to the ambitious needs of the students. Numerous fairs, events, workshops, conferences with the leaders and one on one session are undertaken to help build a fast track career prospects for the business leaders of tomorrow.
- Soft skills seminar
- Ethics seminar
- Probability and statistics refresher
- Behavioral Finance
- Corporate valuation
- Securities markets
- Financial statement analysis
- Introduction to finance
- Corporate finance
- Financial accounting and reporting
- International macroeconomics
- Empirical Methods in Finance
- Asset management
- Financial regulation
- Credit risk & turnaround of distressed companies
- Energy and finance
- Financial modeling
- Infrastructure and real assets
- Corporate Finance Live
- Real estate foundations
- Numerical analysis
- Quantitative asset management
- Financial dimension of strategic decisions
- Financing decisions of the firms
- Post-Merger Integration
- Startup Valuation and financing
- Microeconomics of crisis Economies
- Corporate investment & financing policy
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate strategy
- Financial engineering
- Capital markets
- Data and Science
You can network with creative leaders and thinkers and boost your career with various information sessions, workshops, webinars, and masterclasses. To give you an idea, here are some of the events HEC organises with its corporate partners for its students:
- Guest appearances by CEOs and the top managers in your organization
- Speakers at our conferences
- Company presentations
- Career workshops with HR and operational teams
- Teaching sessions
- Case studies
- Privileged access to HEC Alumni for your recruitment
- Mension in HEC Paris and HEC Alumni publications
- Business projects with our students as part of their studies
- Participation in our recruitment fairs at preferential rates
- Actions to promote equal opportunities
- Creation of excellence scholarships, etc.
oining a student based society or club gives a student a life out of classroom where he/she can enhance their social experience. HEC offers great ranges of cultural societies that offer diverse insights into cultural crests. It also offers abundance of sports clubs to suit all kinds of students.
Some of the clubs and societies are as follows:
- HEC Consulting Club
- HEC Private Equity
- Le bureau des juristes
Do you have a Profile that is good enough for Top Schools?
Take our Free Profile Evaluation & Find Out
The employment rate is high for HEC MIF Program graduates with many having six-figure salaries. Over 300 Companies recruit HEC graduates. 99% get employed within 3 months and 68% get employed outside their home country.
Top 2 Sectors
2- Financial Services
Top companies recruiting from HEC
- McKinsey & Company
- Bain and Co.
- Oliver Wyman
- BNA Paribas
- Ernest and Young
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- J.P Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
- Air Liquide
- Rocket Internet
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Tuition Fees||€ 37,000|
|Cost of Living||+ € 24,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– € 6,666|
|Total Investment||€ 54,337|
|Average Starting Salary||€ 76,000 |
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earnings)||3 years|
Which Schools are Dream, Competitive & Safe for you?
Find via our Profile Evaluation
HEC PARIS Alumni Info
HEC Alumni was declared a public interest association on January, 11th 1900. It focuses on three significant missions; coordination of professional networks of over 60,000 alumni from all HEC Paris degree programs, supporting HEC Graduates in their career, organizing events on relevant economic , business or social issues enriching graduates knowledge on personal and professional perspective. HEC Alumni is able to develop its initiatives and services for alumni thanks to the payment of membership fees and the voluntary commitment of over 1,000 alumni. HEC’s expansive alumni network gathers more than 57,000 graduates in over 130 countries.
Some Famous Alumni
Jacques Georges (class of 1938), president of UEFA
Hubert Gardas (class of 1990), olympic fence champion
Pascal Lamy (class of 1969), Director General of the World Trade Organization
HEC Paris master in international finance is designed for highly motivated, top achieving candidates looking to succeed in a career in fiancé. With two different tracks and its tailored approach, the program has supplied all major investment banks and corporate firms with their largest contingents of European graduates over the years.
- Excellent written and spoken English (TOEFL – 90 iBT /IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
- strong quantitative background.
- GRE/GMAT Scores
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an international institution – 2:1 honors or above
AMBA, AASCB, & EQUIS
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Book a Free Strategy Session to understand how we can help you get into the World’s Best Schools.
The application fee for the direct application is €110.
- Degree certificate(s) or current enrollment certificate
- All official academic transcripts obtained in a higher education institution (exchange programs included) with official GPA
- Résumé (CV)
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report
- English language proficiency test score report: TOEFL or TOEIC (Bridge or Listening and Reading or Speaking and Writing) or IELTS or Cambridge
- 2 completed online reference forms (at least one should be filled out by a professor)
- Passport-style photo.
Application Essays (SAI)
The HEC Paris SAI applications consist of three short question and an additional question regarding your sponsorship. You have to articulately convert your thoughts into words as the character limit is less, and the value of the answers is sky-high. Don’t make the mistake of underestimating these short questions and making sure they help highlight your profile and your passion for the institute and executive education.
Describe your proudest accomplishments.
What is Leadership to you and how do you recognize a great leader? Please include personal example(s). (600 words max)
In recent weeks, what business issue or news topic have you found inspiring? (300 words max)
Let us read through what we have learnt till now about the HEC MIF programme.
- Ranked first in the FT Ranking worldwide Masters in Finance programme.
- More than Two hundred and fifty international students from more than 56 different countries.
- The MIF is designed for recent graduates with less than one year of full-time postgraduate corporate job experience or less than two years in a non-traditional business function.
- MIF provides students with the critical business finance knowledge, adaptive mentality, and business-ready practical skills they need to succeed in today’s fiercely competitive economy.
- With a variety of electives and an optional gap year, students can adapt the programme to their specific needs.
- More than 60,000 executives from 155 countries make up the global alumni network.
The HEC MIF admission process is easy, but the requirements need to be kept in mind. A GMAT or GRE score is required at HEC, along with other requirements as mentioned in the blog. Through this HEC MIF review, you must have gained sufficient information about their MIF programme.
How to get into HES Paris MIF?
Getting into HEC Paris can be tough since the school is highly selective. But if you have the grades and the required experience for the MIF program, things should be relatively simple. Moreover, in order to boost your chances of admission, you will need a really great application that shows your talents and overshadow your shortcomings.
How is MIF of HEC Paris from job opportunities?
Graduates of HEC Paris MIF work in a variety of industries, primarily consulting, and financial services. Furthermore, top recruiters such as Amazon, Bain and Company, Barclays, Deloitte, Google, and L’Oreal hire HEC Paris students. 99% of graduates find work within three months of graduation and earn an average of €149,000 after 3 years of employment. In short, HEC Paris MIF provides its students with outstanding job opportunities.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services
Other schools you can check
Imperial College Business School Ranks 2nd in the UK and 15th in the world. The MSc Management program is an intensive, full-time, one-year program that prepares graduates coming from diverse academic…
The LSE MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at LSE and understand if it would be the correct choice for them.
UCL is a world-class business school in central London. It has been ranked amongst the top-notch B-schools in Europe and its MSc Finance program is an internationally known master’s program, bringing together expert lectures and brilliant minds.