HEC Paris Masters in Finance Review
The HEC Paris Masters in Finance (MF) program caters for excellent self-motivated minds that look to succeed in a career in finance and consulting.
Applying for MS in Finance at HEC Paris ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
HEC Paris masters in Finance Introduction
AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS
The HEC Paris Masters in Finance (MIF) program caters for excellent self-motivated minds that look to succeed in a career in finance and consulting. The program focuses strongly on the analytical sphere yet is accessible for business, finance or economics, physics or engineering backgrounds. Students are presented with the opportunity to study with faculty members who lead well in their respective fields. Capstone projects involve students in finding solutions to real-world problems, providing experiences that can apply directly to jobs after graduation.
HEC Paris masters in Finance Class Profile
HEC Paris is well known for its diversity, with students applying from all over the world. The admissions committee considers diversity to be an important aspect and provides a culturally rich environment to its students. HEC will help you develop significant interpersonal and communication skills. Also, the presence of students from various backgrounds and cultures will help you learn from their experiences and learnings.
Average Work Ex
HEC Paris masters in Finance Acceptance Rate
Admissions to the HEC Paris Masters in Fiance are a bit competitive, with an acceptance rate of around 18%. You need to develop your profile holistically. The admissions committee at HEC Paris considers academic profile to be an important aspect while granting admissions to their prestigious program. However, participation in extracurricular is equally important. Further, you need to present your profile in an efficient manner through your essays, sops and resume to increase your chances of getting selected for the MIF program.
Program and Curriculum of HEC Paris masters in Finance
HEC MIF program prefers to complement theoretical teaching by using top researchers and practitioners lectures to give our graduates that “extra edge” over graduates from other institutions. MSc in international finance program is taught by world class researchers as well as influential practitioners. It offers a wide variety of electives and two tracks, the program is well tailored to the ambitious needs of the students. Numerous fairs, events, workshops, conferences with the leaders and one on one sessions are undertaken to help build a fast track career prospect for the business leaders of tomorrow.
- Soft skills seminar
- Ethics seminar
- Probability and statistics refresher
- Behavioral Finance
- Corporate valuation
- Securities markets
- Financial statement analysis
- Introduction to finance
- Corporate finance
- Financial accounting and reporting
- International macroeconomics
- Empirical Methods in Finance
- Asset management
- Financial regulation
The electives are offered in the following academic areas:
- Credit risk & turnaround of distressed companies
- Energy and finance
- Financial modeling
- Infrastructure and real assets
- Corporate Finance Live
- Real estate foundations
- Numerical analysis
- Quantitative asset management
- Financial dimension of strategic decisions
- Financing decisions of the firms
- Post-Merger Integration
- Startup Valuation and financing
- Microeconomics of crisis Economies
- Corporate investment & financing policy
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate strategy
- Financial engineering
- Capital markets
- Data and Science
You can network with creative leaders and thinkers and boost your career with various information sessions, workshops, webinars, and masterclasses. To give you an idea, here are some of the events HEC organises with its corporate partners for its students:
- Guest appearances by CEOs and the top managers in your organization
- Speakers at our conferences
- Company presentations
- Career workshops with HR and operational teams
- Teaching sessions
- Case studies
- Privileged access to HEC Alumni for your recruitment
- Mension in HEC Paris and HEC Alumni publications
- Business projects with our students as part of their studies
- Participation in our recruitment fairs at preferential rates
- Actions to promote equal opportunities
- Creation of excellence scholarships, etc.
Joining a student based society or club gives a student a life out of classroom where he/she can enhance their social experience. HEC offers great ranges of cultural societies that offer diverse insights into cultural crests. It also offers abundance of sports clubs to suit all kinds of students.
Some of the clubs and societies are as follows:
- HEC Consulting Club
- HEC Private Equity
- Le bureau des juristes
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into HEC Paris masters in Finance)
- Excellent written and spoken English (TOEFL – 90 iBT /IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
- strong quantitative background.
- GRE/GMAT Scores
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an international institution – 2:1 honors or above
Document Related to the Application
- Degree certificate(s) or current enrollment certificate
- All official academic transcripts obtained in a higher education institution (exchange programs included) with official GPA
- Résumé (CV)
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report
- English language proficiency test score report: TOEFL or TOEIC (Bridge or Listening and Reading or Speaking and Writing) or IELTS or Cambridge
- 2 completed online reference forms (a professor should fill out at least one)
- Passport-style photo.
HEC Paris masters in Finance Deadlines
Since there is a tough competition for admissions to the MIF program at HEC Paris, It is suggested to apply early to increase the probability of getting selected for the program. The admissions process are conducted on rolling deadlines with admissions being granted throughout the year.
|Rounds||APPLICATION DEADLINES NO LATER THAN||ADMISSIBILITY RESULTS NO LATER THAN||ADMISSION RESULTS NO LATER THAN 6PM (CEST) ON|
|Round 1||October 19, 2021 at 12pm (noon)||November 10, 2021||November 25, 2021|
|Round 2||January 5, 2022 at 12pm (noon)||January 27, 2022||February 17, 2022|
|Round 3||March 2, 2022 at 12pm (noon)||March 24, 2022||April 14, 2022|
|Round 4||April 20, 2022 at 12pm (noon)||May 12, 2022||June 2, 2022|
|Round 5||June 8, 2022 at 12pm||June 21, 2022||July 1, 2022|
HEC Paris masters in Finance Employment
The employment rate is high for HEC MIF Program graduates with many having six-figure salaries. Over 300 Companies recruit HEC graduates. 99% get employed within 3 months and 68% get employed outside their home country.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Companies recruiting from HEC Paris Masters in Finance
- McKinsey & Company
- Bain and Co.
- Oliver Wyman
- BNA Paribas
- Ernest and Young
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- J.P Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
- Air Liquide
- Rocket Internet
HEC Paris Masters in Finance Alumni Info
HEC Alumni was declared a public interest association on January, 11th 1900. It focuses on three significant missions; coordination of professional networks of over 60,000 alumni from all HEC Paris degree programs, supporting HEC Graduates in their career, organizing events on relevant economic , business or social issues enriching graduates knowledge on personal and professional perspective. HEC Alumni is able to develop its initiatives and services for alumni thanks to the payment of membership fees and the voluntary commitment of over 1,000 alumni. HEC’s expansive alumni network gathers more than 57,000 graduates in over 130 countries.
Some Famous Alumni
- Jacques Georges (class of 1938), president of UEFA
- Hubert Gardas (class of 1990), olympic fence champion
- Pascal Lamy (class of 1969), Director General of the World Trade Organization
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for HEC Paris Masters in Finance
The HEC Paris Masters in Finance applications consist of three short questions and an additional question regarding your sponsorship. You have to articulately convert your thoughts into words as the character limit is less, and the value of the answers is sky-high. Don’t make the mistake of underestimating these short questions and making sure they help highlight your profile and your passion for the institute and executive education.
- Describe your proudest accomplishments. (250 words max)
- What is Leadership to you and how do you recognize a great leader? Please include personal example(s). (600 words max)
- In recent weeks, what business issue or news topic have you found inspiring? (300 words max)
Letter of Recommendation for HEC Paris Masters in Finance
To study MS in finance at HEC Paris, you need to submit two letters of recommendation- one academic & the other professional.
Interview Questions for HEC Paris Masters in Finance
- Introduce yourself
- Why HEC Paris?
- What all campuses you want to study in ?
- Why Paris in specific?
- Do you know French?
- Did you have colleagues from other nations at “GE” (company name)?
- What are the current news topics that you follow ?
- What do you do apart from academics?
- Which is your favourite sports player and why ?
- We have seen your GMAT report , you have sent your score to a lot of colleges, where all you are applying ?
- Why HEC above ESSEC, IE and LBS ?
What Makes HEC Paris Unique
Benefit from the best training in Finance
According to the FT ranking 2021, the master’s in international finance at HEC Paris has been ranked number 1. The well-renowned faculty and professors at HEC Paris has been working hard towards developing the fundamental finance skills and knowledge in students every year.
Benefit from experiential learning
The group projects and assignments will provide you the opportunity to work on real-life problems. The world-class faculty and professors will guide you throughout the course and provide you with all the necessary knowledge and skills.
Access to a pool of opportunities
The vast network of HEC alumni brings together more than 60,000 graduates in more than 130 countries and organizes more than 1,000 events each year around the world to support the careers of its graduates.
Best Career Services
Many fairs, workshops, conferences with professionals and individual coaching sessions are organized to help you accelerate your career.
If you do not know this already, HEC Paris Masters in Finance program is ranked #1 worldwide (Financial Times), YES! The business school is already among the very best ones globally and their business and management courses are one of a kind. The MFin masters from HEC is built to prepare its student for a booming career in finance, weather in capital markets or corporate finance. The speciality of French business programs is to cope with the industry and teach students accordingly. With the HEC MFin, you are sure to get ahead in your professional life and make big earnings along the way.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What is the duration of the MIF programme at HEC Paris Business School?
HEC Paris’s MIF programme is a 12-month full-time programme which also provides you with the opportunity to enhance your skills through various clubs and associations.
How many Intakes does HEC Paris offer?
HEC Paris offers rolling deadlines throughout the year. International Students can apply to the prestigious HEC Paris’s MIF program before the deadlines.
Is work experience required for HEC Paris’s MIF program?
Though there is no eligibility criteria regarding work experience to enrol for the MIF program, students applying to HEC Paris hold at least two years of average work experience.
Is it compulsory to belong to a business background to enrol into HEC Paris’s MIF program?
No, HEC Paris accepts students from various backgrounds; it is not compulsory to have a business degree.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services