HEC Paris MIM Review
Have you heard about the HEC MiM? Do you want to be a part of a successful HEC team? This blog contains the HEC Paris MiM review. HEC Paris is a prestigious business school located in Jouy-en-Josas, France.
Applying for MiM at HEC?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
HEC Paris MiM Introduction
AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA
It is one of France’s most exclusive and renowned Grandes’ écoles. The school is home to notable alumni such as François-Henri Pinault, Baudouin Prot, Emmanuel Faber, François Hollande, Valérie Pécresse, Jean-Yves Fillion and many others, thanks to its outstanding education. The admission process has a few requirements like the GMAT score etc. So let’s find out more about HEC MiM.
HEC Paris MiM Class Profile
The class profile of MiM program at HEC Paris consists of diverse nationalities from around the globe. Students required minimal or no work experience to study MiM at HEC Paris. Students studying at this college have an average age of 23 years. Students require an average score of 708 in GMAT to secure a seat at MiM program at HEC Paris. There is no minimum requirement for GPA score due to different score evaluation techniques used at universities around the world.
Average Work Ex
HEC Paris MiM Acceptance Rate
HEC Paris is highly selective in its applications. It has an average acceptance rate of 18% for its MiM program. This acceptance rate of the MiM program at HEC Paris is inclusive of all national and international students. HEC Paris accepts profiles from varied educational backgrounds, including business management, science, Economics, Social Sciences/Humanities, and others.
Program and Curriculum of HEC Paris MiM
HEC Paris MiM offers a diverse range of programs specializing in executive education programs, research and management and has high potential. The MiM students come together from various nationalities, creating a dynamic environment on campus. As a result, it has a 97% placement record. Furthermore, the location is quite alluring as it is near Paris. Field trips, language, and certificate courses are among the many exciting things HEC Paris offers.
No wonder the biggest of the big companies recruit many of the HEC Paris MiM students. Thus, making graduates from HEC Paris gain working experience easily after graduating from college, gaining knowledge in executive education programs, and becoming successful business leaders. Hence, the degree has a very high potential.
- Business performance management
- Company law
- Corporate Finance
- Decision and data modelling
- Financial accounting
- Financial markets
- Financial economics
- Methods of cost analysis
- Operations and supply chain management
- Credit rating
- International banking
- Project Finance
- Business strategy for digital age
- Ethics and sustainability
- Global Human Resources Management
- Strategic Management
- International Finance
- Economics – Paris Saclay Master in
- Economics (joint program with Ecole
- Polytechnique, ENSAE, ENS Cachan
and Paris Sud University)
- Managerial and Financial Economics
- Accounting & Financial Management
Sponsored by a company, Certificates are a set of interdisciplinary courses and other types of field work related to a given sector. Each student selected for a certificate will be awarded an additional HEC certificate if he/she validates all the requirements of the course.
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Digital Transformation with Axa
- Energy & Finance with Deloitte et Société Générale
- Excellence in Client Experience with LVMH
- Luxury with Kering (Gucci, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Sergio Rossi, Boucheron…)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Social Business/Enterprise and Poverty with Danone, Schneider Electric and Renault.
HEC Paris considers community life to be one of the cornerstones of the education it provides. There are over 100 societies on campus with which students can get involved, covering a wide range of different activities and interests
- Arabic Society
- Christian Union
- HEC International Society
- Dance Association
- Drama Club
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into HEC Paris MiM)
- Bachelor’s degree of at least three years, having obtained 180 ECTS in any field of studies (engineering, social sciences, sciences, arts, etc.).
- Applicants may apply in the same year they obtain their degree.
- Not older than 30 during the application year.
Document Related to the Application
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
A one-page resume (CV).
All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report.
English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge).
Copy of Passport or ID card.
Two completed online reference forms.
Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only.
The application fee for the direct application is €100 and that for the SAI application is €190.
HEC Paris MiM Deadlines
HEC Paris conducts five rounds of admission to its MiM program. Each round has a deadline beyond which the university does not accept applications. These admission rounds are conducted for a single intake in September each year. So, let’s look at the table below listing the deadlines for each admission round for MiM at HEC Paris.
|Round 1||October 19, 2021|
|Round 2||January 5, 2022|
|Round 3||March 2, 2022|
|Round 4||April 20, 2022|
|Round 5||June 8, 2022|
HEC Paris MiM Employment
The HEC Paris MiM Program opportunities are pretty high and global. 96% of MiM graduates get placed within three months of graduation. Graduates can gain work experiences and executive education programs in various consulting, finance, consumer goods, etc. Also, 40% of the graduates got jobs outside their home country. Thus, gaining international exposure and work experience.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors hiring of HEC Paris MiM Graduates
Around 99% of MiM graduates from HEC Paris can expect to get jobs in several sectors like Consluting, Finance, Technology, Consumer Goods, Industrials, Luxury, Health, and other sectors, within 3 months of completing graduation. Majority of MiM graduates are employed in the Consulting sector.
Companies recruiting from HEC Paris MiM MiM
- Air Liquide
- Rocket Internet
- BNA Paribas
- Ernest and Young
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- J.P Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
- McKinsey & Company
- Bain and Co.
- Oliver Wyman
HEC Paris MiM Alumni Info
The HEC Paris alumni network is a storehouse of successful stories of top executives and entrepreneurs. They have achieved it all, from analyst and consultant positions in Mckinsey, Amazon, and Philips to founders of influential business leaders enterprises. More than 52,000 alumni business leaders have work experiences across different sectors all around the world. The network is among the largest in Europe, with alumni based in over 132 countries.
In addition, the network organizes more than 1000 events to facilitate exchange between MiM students and members and provide counselling to prospective students. As a result, 98% of MiM graduates get placed within three months of graduation. Thus, helping you get work experience in a few months after graduation. Hence, making the institute has high potential.
Some Famous Alumni
- Jean-Paul Agon (Chairman & CEO of L’Oréal)
- François-Henri Pinault (Chairman & CEO of Kering)
- Baudouin Prot (Chairman of BNB Paribas)
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for HEC Paris MiM
The HEC Paris (direct) applications comprise three long essays. However, like most universities, HEC Paris also takes its essays very seriously and uses them as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective MiM students. So make sure your essays are top-notch and express why you want to be a part of the executive education program.
- Why are you applying to HEC Paris and this program? Please include your career goals in this essay (450 words max)
- What is Leadership to you and how do you recognize a great leader? Please include personal example(s). (600 words max)
- In recent weeks, what business issue or news topic have you found inspiring? (300 words max)
- Anything else you wish to tell us? (Optional ) (1000 characters max)
The HEC Paris SAI applications consist of four short questions (500 characters each) and an additional question regarding your sponsorship. You have to articulately convert your thoughts into words as the character limit is less, and the value of the answers is sky-high. Don’t make the mistake of underestimating these short questions and making sure they help highlight your profile and your passion for the institute and executive education.
- Describe your proudest accomplishments.
- Describe a situation where you faced failure, what lessons did you learn from it?
- How does your application benefit the 5-member schools?
- Did you take part in any extra-curricular activities in these past years? (hobby, non-profit, sports, etc…)
- How will you finance your studies?
Letter of Recommendation for HEC Paris MiM
Students must submit at least two letters of recommendation. Your professor should duly sign one letter of recommendation, and your employer can sign the other. Students can also submit three letters of recommendation, but the third one is optional.
Interview Questions for HEC Paris MiM
1) Tell me something about yourself.
2) Is there any reason for your low GPA?
3) What was your role at your previous job/ Internship?
4) The work you did on project X seems interesting; can you elaborate on the same?
5) Why do you prefer startups? Name some issues start-ups face
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are you passionate about?
- Will you be able to cope with the pressure of a hectic school?
- If we were to quiz your work colleagues about you, what are we likely to hear?
- Tell us about a time when you handled a difficult situation between your coworkers?
- What does your father do?
- If I give you 30 seconds, what will you say to me?
- The final thing you would like to tell about yourself
- Tell me about yourself in a summarised way.
- Why not work for a few more years?
- How do you plan to deal with placement opportunities? Getting a work visa can be tricky.
- What’s your plan B if your career plans don’t work out?
- Which other universities are you applying to? Why?
- Any recent news or policy in Europe which concerns you?
- Tell me about some Business news that has the potential to disrupt markets.
- What’s your take on the French Presidential Election?
- What is the most relevant current affair?
Opinion Based Questions:
- Is a democratic government the best? What are your views?
- Do you think CSR is essential for a company?
- Do you feel you will be ready to study a new topic without a background in Management?
What makes HEC Paris MiM Unique
MiM at HEC Paris is unique for the following reasons:
- University Rankings: HEC Paris has been consistently ranked at 2nd position since 2014 as per the FT Ranking.
- Inclusive of multiple nationalities: HEC Paris accepts applicants from diverse academic backgrounds and multiple nationalities. Currently, the university has accepted applications from almost 64 nationalities worldwide.
- Double degree benefits: Students can access the benefits of dual degree programs with world-renowned universities like
- Yale SoM
- National University of Singapore
- Hong-Kong UST
- Tsinghua University
- TU Munich
- Powerful Alumni Connect: Students can leverage the robust and vast alumni network of HEC Paris spread across the world. With a global alumni network of more than 68,000 successful professionals.
- Vast range of specialisations: Students can explore over 20 specialisations like finance, strategy, marketing, etc. With more than 100 electives to choose from, students can customise their program as per their career goals.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Does HEC Paris offer financial assistance to international students?
All applicants to the school are eligible to apply for scholarships. In addition, through the support of the school’s Foundation, the school can provide financial aid to over a thousand students annually.
What is the medium of Instruction at HEC Paris?
International students are welcome to attend the school’s English courses. However, they should note that these courses are not taught in French unless specified otherwise.
HEC Paris acceptance rate?
During the recruitment process for the MBA Class of 2022, the school received over 2,700 applications. Out of these, the school offered 18.9% of the applications.
What is HEC popular for?
The School of Management at HEC Paris offers a wide range of postgraduate programs, such as the Master of Management, the MSc International Finance, and the EMBA. It is also a founding member of CEMS, a global alliance for management education.
How much work experience is required to apply at HEC Paris?
The ideal candidate for the MBA program at HEC Paris should have at least 2 to 10 years of professional experience.
How is the reputation of HEC Paris?
One of the top schools in France, the School of Management at HEC Paris has been recognized for its quality courses. In addition, the school’s business programs have been ranked among the best in various ranking organizations such as the Financial Times and the QS.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services