Unsure If Your Profile Will Get YOU Into Your Target Schools?
What is the HEC Montreal Masters Review?
The HEC Masters Review is vital for individuals who intend to acquire accurate and reliable knowledge of the English Taught Masters Programs at HEC, Montreal. The review will aid enhance the decision-making process and clarify doubts. The individual would be better prepared to know if the program is a perfect fit. The review also offers key insights about HEC Montreal MiM rankings, deadlines, class profile, data about the Masters Programs application process procedures, placement statistics of graduates, eligibility criteria and more.
The HEC Montreal MiM Program is a well-renowned Master's program. HEC Montreal is a prominent Canadian business school, whose programs have received the prestigious accreditation by EQUIS. The Master's Programs have gained appreciable popularity over the years. Programs such as the Master of Management in International Arts Management is renowned among international aspirants.
HEC Montréal is a French-language university offering internationally recognized programs in management and quality research. The institution's alumni are managers in top companies. HEC Montreal has been impacting the academic and industrial milieu since 1907.
HEC Montreal offers a variety of Masters programs:
MASTER OF MANAGEMENT IN INTERNATIONAL ARTS MANAGEMENT (IM)
A one-year rigorous program that immerses the students in three academic milieus of distinctive learning. The program offers the unique opportunity to study in the US, Canada, and Italy through the collaboration of three top ranked schools in the world.
The program focuses on globalization and the international context, with the aim of training the next generation of cultural managers and preparing them to work abroad or with foreign organizations.
The program’s aim is to train managers who currently hold positions in organizations active in the performing arts, heritage sector (museums, historic sites), or in cultural industries (film, publishing, and sound recording).
MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSc) in GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
The program trains logistics specialist in product procurement, production, transportation, warehousing, and distribution. Montreal’s is renowned for its contribution to the transport and logistics sector.
Students are equipped with skills for operations management, international business, marketing, and information technologies. The graduates acquire accurate knowledge of the main decision-support tools used in this field.
MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSc) in INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
This is designed to produce efficient specialist in the financial markets, business challenge solvers, and experts who can enhance international social development and innovation. The Master’s program is renowned for its proficiency in transmitting accurate knowledge in international business, social innovation, and emerging economies.
The students are taught concepts linked to market globalization,challenges of internationalization, and innovation.Skills for careers in both industrialized and emerging economies are acquired by the graduates at the end of the program.
The HEC Masters Programs value proposition.
Admitted students have a variety of academic backgrounds and use the time at HEC to gain valuable skills for upward social mobility and impact in the business milieu.
The HEC Montreal Master's Programs prepares talented minds for careers in global business. The two-year program combines fieldwork in global companies with applied coursework and research on the latest business and management theories, knowledge and interdisciplinary experience, allowing them to apply their previous expertise to economic and management problems.
HEC Montreal is recognized globally for its expertize in teaching and research in diverse management disciplines. The learning environment, highly experienced faculty, advanced teaching methods, and highly influential business network make this management institution one of the leading educational milieu for students who aim to become successful professionals in the competitive business world.
An amazing reputation for being one of the best business schools in the world. Access to a number of global corporations. Partly due to the school's strong career services & the excellent location of the school.
Skills which the HEC Masters Programs value
HEC, Montreal has one of the most competitive Masters programs in the world and is on the lookout for high potential candidates who exhibit the following skills:
- Intellectual aptitude
- Sense of purpose
Be sure to mention in your application essays how you exhibit these skills, and back them up with relevant examples.
Want to know your chances at HEC Montreal ?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
- Application form duly completed and submitted by the deadline
- Undergraduate diploma earned with a grade point average of at least 3.0 out of 4.3; for studies undertaken in a foreign country, the diploma must be deemed equivalent and must have been obtained after at least 16 years of education
- Relevant work experience in the arts or cultural industries
- Official results of the TAGE-MAGE or GMAT or GRE, and, for students whose first language is not English, TOEFL or IELTS (English comprehension)
- Your two letters of recommendation
- You must hold a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) for those educated in Canada.
- an undergraduate degree in a related field or a degree deemed equivalent by the program administration
- GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.3 (Canadian degrees only)
- Four year-diploma of university studies, after earning a secondary school baccalauréat, with an average of at least 12 out of 20 for all years of university.( Degrees from French educational systems only)
- A university diploma giving access to a master’s program at your original university, with an average of at least 12 out of 20 for all years of university.( Non-French Systems)
- GMAT Scores
- GRE Score
- Candidates who have completed at least 45 undergraduate credits in Canada or at least 30 graduate credits in Canada when submitting their application are not required to take these tests.
- Advanced proficiency in English.If you have an intermediate-advanced level proficiency, you will have to take a language course from your first year of studies
HEC Masters Programs Content
The duration of these programs is 12 months. You must have completed your courses and your final project by the end of this 12-month period, starting from the opening date of lectures. All students in the program must be registered on a full-time basis in all three sessions.The program comprises 45 credits
- Landscape and Challenges of International Business
- Internationalization of the Firm
- Industry Analysis : An International Perspective
- Marketing and Globalization
- International Firms, Cultures and Human Resources
- Managing International Business Networks
- International Competitive and Corporate Strategy
- Globalization and the Knowledge-Based Economy
- Innovation, Technology and Globalization
- Multinational Enterprises
- Industrialization and Development
- Global Governance
- Globalization, Territorial Development and Social Innovation
Global Collaboration Programs
The Program immerses the students in three different cultures through collaboration with universities in Italy, US, and Canada. The students are required to complete 5 courses from each of these institutions in the various countries.
You get the opportunity to visit top global businesses in Montreal, Toronto, including consultancies, investment banks, brand management firms, retail giants, media tycoons and more. It helps you to experience global business milieus and apply practical skills.
Useful Information on the HEC Masters degree
Duration: 12 months.
Location: Montreal, Canada.
Tuition Fees for 2018 intake: $26 300 per annum
A number of different scholarships are offered, check out the full list here
Most of the applicants are curious to know about the HEC Masters Programs acceptance rate
HEC Montreal has not disclosed any stats on its acceptance rate, but it can be estimated around 30%-38%.
The HEC MiM deadlines for the 2018 intake is as follows
Application Deadline for 2018 intake:
Fall March 15th
Winter September 15th
Constituents of the application package
- Completed application form
- Two certified true copies of your official transcripts
- Photocopy of your degrees attesting to your previous university studies
- Curriculum vitae
- A certified copy of your birth certificate
- Your official GMAT or GRE or TAGE-MAGE results (the GMAT and the GRE test results must be transmitted directly to HEC Montréal by Pearson Vue and by ETS)
- Your official TOEFL or IELTS results (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation, written in French, English or Italian (applicants must not see the content of the letters of recommendation)
- Three short written statements (short essays) on the appropriate forms, in English:
- 2 passport-size photos with a white background, signed on the back
- A copy of your passport (information page with photo only)
The HEC MiM Class Profile
The HEC Montreal MiM Class Profile boasts of a diverse candidate pool.
For the 2018 intake, the program has a representation from 30countries.
Here is a brief overview of the HEC Montreal MiM class profile, which includes the average age, GMAT/GRE scores, educational background, etc. of the selected candidates.
- Average GMAT ( Estimated) : 630
- Over 30 countries represented by HEC faculty
- 42,000+ alumni across 155 countries
HEC Masters Placement Statistics
Base Salary of £40,890
The employment rate is high for HEC Masters for graduates with many having six-figure salaries.
Highest Salary awarded £65,000
Overall HEC Masters Placements are pretty good, and hence HEC Masters Program is an attractive proposition for most people.
Sectors students were placed in:
|Private Equity & Venture Capital||5%|
|Diversified Financial Services||3%|
|Technology, Media & Telecoms||11%|
|Consumer & Retail||4%|
Some notable companies recruiting from the HEC Masters Programs
|Agruim Inc.||Accenture||Arthur D Little||Bain & Company|
|AltaGas Ltd||ATB Financial||Deloitte||Bennett Jones LLP|
|BC Hydro||Goldman Sachs||KPMG||Macquarie|
|McKinsey & Company||Boeing Canada Operations Limited||The Boston Consulting|
|Canada Revenue Agency||Oliver Wyman||PwC||Roland Berger|
As you can see the HEC Montreal Masters Programs application is pretty extensive, & this is a good thing as they want to ensure only top quality students make it through the application process. So make sure you have perfect SOP's and stellar LOR's as they WILL make or break your case.
Once you are done with your application, the HEC board reviews it and if shortlisted you would be called for an Interview round for the HEC Masters.
Application Essay Questions
Your application will ask for answers to these questions (each answer, entered on a computer, and must cover a maximum of one page)
- Choice of program:
What professional and intellectual concerns motivate you to pursue Master’s-level studies in Administration? Please explain your choice of specialisation.
- Career plan:
What type of job do you think you will have after completing your Master’s in Administration (e.g. what type of company, positions and responsibilities)?
- Fields of interest:
What are your fields of interest, for research or your supervised project?
- Work experience (optional):
Briefly explain any work experience you may have if it is relevant for your admission application.
We hope the HEC School Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced by the HEC Masters Program Site, and for more data you should visit there.
Find more information on the degree
Want to improve your chances of an admit at HEC Montreal?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.