MSc International Finance
HEC Paris MSc International Finance Overview
MSc International Finance offered at HEC is ranked #1 worldwide. It caters to high-achieving graduates looking to get to the top in finance. The program is
HEC MSc International Finance Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’19||–|
Want to know your chances at HEC Paris?
Program and Curriculum
The MSc International Finance offered at HEC Paris is a fully tailored program to your needs and ambitions. It lays the necessary foundations for any career in finance and provides in-depth knowledge in each student’s field of specialization. It leverages on the specific knowledge and experience students have acquired and thus students have an option to select from amongst the two tracks, i.e. Business Track and Accelerated Track. Also, HEC organizes n
- Business taxation
- Credit crisis: Historical and technical analysis
- Credit risk & turnaround of distressed companies
- Économie et Gestion Bancaires (taught in french)
- Energy and finance
- Energy markets
- Financements structurés (taught in french)
- Financial modeling
- Infrastructure and real assets
- Legal and contractual aspects of corporate finance
- Real estate foundations
- Topics in valuation
- Numerical analysis
- Quantitative asset management
- Financial dimension of strategic decisions
- Financing decisions of the firms
- Soft skills seminar
- Ethics seminar
- Probability and statistics refresher
- Corporate Finance theory (2)
- Corporate valuation (2)
- Securities markets
- Financial statement analysis (2)
- Introduction to finance (1)
- Corporate finance (1)
- Financial accounting and reporting (1)
- International macroeconomics (1)
- Empirical methods in finance
- Asset management (2)
(1) Accelerated Track only
(2) Business Track only
- International finance (2)
- Financial regulation
- Fixed income and MM
- Capital markets specialization courses:
Asset pricing theory
Financial engineering (2)
Quantitative asset management
- Corporate finance specialization cources:
(1) Accelerated Track only
(2) Business Track only
- Corporate Finance specialization
- Capital Markets specialization
Sponsored by a company, Certificates are a set of interdisciplinary courses corresponding to approximately 100 contact hours as well as business projects and other types of field work related to a given sector. Each student selected (in the 1st semester) for a certificate will be awarded an additional HEC certificate if he/she validates all the requirements of the course.
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Digital Transformation with Axa
- Energy & Finance with Deloitte et Société Générale
- Excellence in Client Experience with LVMH
- Luxury with Kering (Gucci, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Sergio Rossi, Boucheron…)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Social Business/Enterprise and Poverty with Danone, Schneider Electric and Renault.
The professional thesis may either be written while on campus or during the internship under the joint supervision of a professional and an HEC faculty member. The objective of the thesis is to explore how cutting-edge research is being implemented in the daily practice of finance in a highly competitive environment.
London Study Trip:
At the beginning of September, students have the opportunity to go on a study trip to London. The trip offers students plenty of networking opportunities, conferences and team building exercises.
MSc International Finance graduates are benifitted
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 2 Sectors
- Financial Services
Companies recruiting from HEC Paris MSc International Finance
- Deutsche Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- J.P Morgan
Credit Suisse BNP Paribas Barclays Capital UBS Royal Bank of Scotland Morgan Stanley
Bain & Company
- McKInsey & Company
Boston Consulting Group Arthur D. Little Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
HEC PARIS Alumni Info
HEC’s expansive alumni network gathers around 60,000 graduates in 152 countries. It is a friendly yet professional network that coordiantes and supports HEC Paris graduates throughout their career. It is composed of 84 international chapters and over 1000 networking events are organized in France and around the world each year.
Some Famous Alumni
- Anna Brossa Xicoy
Investment Banking Associate – JPMorgan Chase
Yanghao XingGlobal Market Sales – HSBC Felix M. BraunInvestment Banking Associate – Goldman Sachs
MSc International Finance : Class Profile
HEC Paris offers a unique dual phase curriculum in the form of 2-year double degree program. Created in Fall 2012 in collaboration with the School of Economics and Management of the premier Chinese university, Tsinghua University, you can apply for this double degree program during the Spring term of the HEC MIF.
Selected students will join the Tsinghua SEM Master in Finance for a second year of study and receive the two degrees of HEC MIF and Tsinghua SEM Master in Finance.
The double degree program with Tsinghua SEM is the opportunity to combine strong academic training in Finance offered by leading programs with a unique cross-cultural experience. It requires fluency in Chinese.
HEC welcomes applications from candidates of all nationalities, who are fluent in English and who have a strong quantitative background.
For the Business track, they must:
- Hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an international institution – 2:1 honors or above
- Have prior training (at least introductory level) in financial accounting, corporate finance, investments, derivatives, business statistics and calculus.
For the Accelerated track, they must:
- Hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an international institution, or a master degree from a French university or engineering school (“Grande Ecole”) – 2:1 honors or above
AMBA, AASCB, & EQUIS
ADMITS IN 2018
ADMITS IN 2019
Connect with a HEC expert
Understand How We can Help you 3X your Chances at HEC with our Services
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
MSc International Finance Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 22nd October 2019|
|Round 2 7th January 2020|
|Round 3 3rd March 2020|
|Round 4 28th April 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The application fees for direct application is €110 which is non-refundable.
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
- A one-page resume (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report.
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge).
- Copy of Passport or ID card.
- 2 completed online reference forms.
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only.
Application Essays (HEC Direct)
The HEC Paris (direct) application comprises of 3 long essays. Like most universities, HEC Paris also takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top-notch.
Why are you applying to HEC Paris and this program? Please include your career goals in this essay (450 words max)
What is Leadership to you and how do you recognize a great leader? Please include personal example(s). (600 words max)
In recent weeks, what business issue or news topic have you found inspiring? (300 words max)
Anything else you wish to tell us?
1. HEC Foundation Excellence Scholarships: All candidates with a non-French diploma (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree) admitted to one of the master programs are eligible.
2. Eiffel Excellence Scholarship:
- Candidates aged 30 years old or below
- Non-French nationality candidates only (applicants with dual nationality, one of which is French, are not eligible).
3. Prodigy Finance:
- Non-French nationality. French citizens and permanent residents may search for student loans with French banks.
Other application information
The selection is a 2 phase process:
A first selection is made based on the evaluation of your application and supporting documents.
The pre-selected candidates will then be invited for a face-to-face or Skype interview.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services