HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management M.Sc. Review
Applying for M.Sc. at HHL ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management M.Sc. Introduction
AASCB & ACQUIN
The Master in Management programme at HHL is tailored to your specific requirements.
Core modules are required and will broaden your knowledge of general management as well as your grasp of business and economics. Furthermore, because HHL emphasises the direct relationship between theory and practice, you will receive cutting-edge leadership skills and practical experience. As a result, the core modules include student consulting projects collaborating with regional and international business partners. Their elective modules allow you to tailor your degree to your interests. They teach you sophisticated managerial abilities and expertise. For professional specialisation, you have four alternatives out of eight.
HHL M.Sc. Class Profile
The Master of Management programme requires students to spend a semester abroad at one of over 130 partner universities across the world. This not only broadens your personal and professional network but also enriches your knowledge and global perspective.
Average Work Ex
HHL M.Sc. Acceptance Rate
The full-time M.Sc. programme at HHL covers a wide range of management-related courses, allowing you to devise solutions to several challenges in many business domains. You’ll find that their practical academic education is well-suited to the issues that multinational corporations encounter.
Hence, getting admission to the school is pretty competitive, with an acceptance rate of 49%.
Program and Curriculum of HHL M.Sc.
HHL’s M.Sc. program consists of three consecutive major components: Core modules, elective modules, and the master thesis. These components are complemented by a mandatory term abroad, at least one professional internship, and completing a field project. Each part of the program is specifically designed to develop essential business leadership skills.
- Financial Reporting & Communication
- Marketing & Customer Relationship Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Innovation Management
- Strategic Problem Solving & Communication
- International Macroeconomics
The electives are offered in the following academic areas:
- Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship
- Reporting & Investor relations
- Marketing Management
- Value chain management
- Markets,Information & Incentives
- Advances In Leadership, Economics & Management (ALEM)
HHL graduates get recruited by Leading international firms regularly on campus – both for internships and permanent positions.
The majority of the students have several employment offers, even before graduation. Some of the top recruiters include Accenture Strategy, Google, Bosch, Vodafone, E.ON, Citi, etc.
Several Industry Conferences are conducted
- HHL Energy-Conference
- Annual Conference on Health & Humanitarian Logistics
- Leipzig Entrepreneurship Lecture
Clubs and speakers events
Students of HHL have strong and diverse clubs besides their curriculum, which enriches university life. Some of them are as follows
- Accelerate and Venture Capital Club
- Energy Club
- European Ivy League Club
- Social Initiatives: BSWB
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into HHL M.Sc.)
- Bachelor’sBachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits
- Above-average academic performance during both high school (Abitur) and Bachelor’sBachelor’s degree
- A GMAT (GRE) score of 600 or higher
- A minimum TOEFL score of 90 or a Bachelor’s degree completed in English
- 3 or more months of professional experience by the program’sprogram’s start date
- At least A1 certified proficiency in a living language other than English or mother tongue
Document Related to the Application
- Copy of your high-school degree
- Copy of your Bachelor’s degree or current transcript
- One page motivational letter outlining why you have chosen HHL’sHHL’s M.Sc. program
- Updated and CV
- 2 Letters of recommendation: One academic & one professional
- A certified GMAT score
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Application fee of € 100
- Evidence of at least A1 proficiency in a living language other than English or mother tongue
- Letter(s) from employer(s) stating three or more months of professional employment
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and professional references (can also be used to prove professional experience)
HHL M.Sc. Deadlines
The school offers virtual admissions interviews for applicants who are unable to attend the on-site admissions day. They will work with you to find a time that is most convenient for you.
The application for EU and non-students are mentioned separately ahead:
For EU: May 31, 2022
For non-EU: June 20, 2022
HHL M.Sc. Employment
HHL is recognized as a source for future business leaders, from consulting firms or multinationals to startups. HHL students are known for their rigorous technical skills, open-minded approaches, and peerless work ethic. As such, our graduates go on to occupy critical leadership positions in some of the world’s best and most established companies.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors hiring HHL M.Sc. Graduates
The Graduates of HHL M.Sc. are hired in the following sectors the most:
Companies recruiting from HHL M.Sc.
- Deutsche Bank
- Accenture Strategy
- Roland Berge
- Peek & Cloppenburg
HHL M.Sc. Alumni Info
The HHL Alumni Network have an active and constantly growing group of valuable business contacts. The alumni network comprises more than 2,000 professionals in over 75 countries; most hold senior positions in major industries. With over 160 established startups, they are also recognized as some of the best and most dynamic entrepreneurs.
Some Famous Alumni
- Rolf Schromgens, Co-founder, Trivago.
- Sandra Deutschlander, MD, The Boston Consulting Group.
- Raphael Schweiger, Global Strategic Planning & Minerals
- Portfolio Leader, Abrasive Systems Division.
- Christoph Behn, CEO, Die Kartenmacherei.
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for HHL M.Sc.
For the M.Sc program in HHL, the candidates must provide an SOP with their application which does not contain any upper word limit. It doesn’t need an essay to be submitted.
Letter of Recommendation for HHL M.Sc.
Question 1: How long have you known the applicant?
Question 2: In what capacity?
Question 3: What do you consider the applicant’s outstanding talents?
Question 4: In which areas could the applicant exhibit growth or improvement?
Please comment on the applicant’s capacity for graduate study in business and on their potential for a successful management career (if you prefer, you may answer this question in a separate letter).
Interview Questions for HHL M.Sc.
Following are the most asked interview questions:
- What can you tell me about yourself?
- Could you please walk me through your resume?
- Why pursue an MBA? Why did you choose the HHL Business School?
- Why an MBA now or at this point in your career?
- What are your immediate and long-term objectives?
- What is your backup plan if consulting/investment banking does not pan out?
- What are your main assets? Could you please provide some examples?
- What is your most significant flaw? Could you please provide some examples?
- What value can you bring to the class?
- Why should we bother you?
- Is there a reason why we shouldn’t choose you?
- Which destination, if you had to choose one, would you choose and why?
- Why did you choose Germany?
- Why not China, for example? If it were China, what would be the comparative advantages?
- When you were working with your clients, what was the most exciting event?
- What do you like to do when you have free time?
What makes HHL M.Sc. Unique
International competencies are critical for effective managers, consultants, entrepreneurs, and executives in an increasingly globalised world. This is why HHL places a high value on maintaining global relationships.
A semester abroad at one of their 140 global partner universities will provide you with an interesting shift of perspective, whether it’s in New York, Paris, Moscow, Stockholm, Singapore, Hong Kong, or Sydney.
Keep in mind that before, during, and after your term abroad, the HHL staff will be there to help you. So, you can take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to new countries and learn about new cultures while expanding your international network.
From your first day at HHL, HHL’s award-winning Career Service helps you find and realise your full potential. Top recruiters who visit the school provide incredible employment prospects to help you get started.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is HHL Leipzig a good university?
The Financial Times has named HHL one of the top 50 business schools in Europe, while The Economist has named it one of the top 100 worldwide. And the city’s enthusiasm has certainly rubbed off on the business school, which is ranked as Germany’s #1 entrepreneurial institution by the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft.
Is the HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management open to the general public?
Handelshochschule Leipzig, originally HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, is a private business school in Leipzig, Saxony, Germany.
Is HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management challenging to get into?
With an acceptance rate of 49%, the HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management is moderately easy to get into its M.Sc. program.
Is the GMAT score for HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management pretty high?
The GMAT score to get admission to HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management ranges from 530 to 700, which is pretty much compared to many other schools out there.
What is the average age for an M.Sc. program in HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management?
The average for v’s M.Sc program is 30 years.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services