HKUST Business School
Masters in International Management
Applying for HKUST?
Know how we can increase your Chances by 300%
Introduction – HKUST
Established in 1991, HKUST is the first business school in Hong Kong to be awarded with both the US-based Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS). The degrees offered by the HKUST Business School are recognized worldwide. It is one of the youngest business school of Asia and has been consistently ranked as one of the top business schools by international media.
HKUST Master in International Management Overview
The one-year HKUST MIMT program offers students a fast-track advantage so they can reap the latest academic knowledge required for career development and obtain practical experience in the business world and international and cultural exposure outside their region in the shortest time. Students are guaranteed an opportunity to go on exchange to a CEMS member school in either Term 1 or Term 2, while there will be exchange-in students from other CEMS member schools reciprocally.
HKUST Master in International Management Highlights
EQUIS & AACSB International
Program and Curriculum
The HKUST MIMT program builds a strong foundation for management success and creates a unique learning experience for each student through rigorous study, and an emphasis on creativity, analytical thinking, teamwork, and actual practice.
The curriculum is carefully designed to combine academic theory with business practice and international exposure. It consists of foundation courses, a block seminar, and a seminar on Responsible Global Leadership.
- MIMT 5110 Doing Business in Asia
MIMT 5120 Strategic Management in Asia
MIMT 5200 Global Citizenship
MIMT 5210 Managing Global Complexity
MIMT 5310 Understanding Consumers: A Strategic Approach
- ECON 5200 Global Macroeconomics
ISOM 5700 Operations Management
MGMT 5550 Effective Negotiations
MGMT 5960 Achieving High Performance in Teams
MGMT 5750 Deal Making across Asia and China
MIMT 5350 Project Management
*offering schedule is subject to availability
MIMT 6110 Skill Seminar I / MIMT 6120 Skill Seminar II
MIMT 6200 Business Project
MIMT 5010 Market Research for Business Applications
MIMT 5020 Managerial Decision Making
Finance & FinTech Club.
General Management Club.
Global Networking Club.
Management Consulting & Strategy Club.
Social Impact Club.
Sport & Management Club.
Technology & Product Club.
Do you have a Profile that is good enough for Top Schools?
Take our Free Profile Evaluation & Find Out
HKUST graduates get placed in 8+ major sectors including Finance, Consulting, Marketing, FMCG.
More than 60% Of graduates are placed in Asia while the rest are placed across Europe and U.S.A
Top 3 Sectors
2- Financial Services
Top companies recruiting from HKUST
- McKinsey & Company
- Bain and Co.
- Oliver Wyman
- BNA Paribas
- Ernest and Young
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- J.P Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
- Air Liquide
- Rocket Internet
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+$26,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||–$8,600|
|Average Starting Salary||$52500|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earnings)||3.68 years|
Which Schools are Dream, Competitive & Safe for you?
Find via our Profile Evaluation
HKUST Alumni Info
Most of the graduates are based in Mainland China (42%) and Hong Kong (33%) while there are others based in Europe (16%), Americas (3%) and other Asian countries (6%).
The graduates have embarked on their career journeys in finance (34%), consulting (22%), IT (10%) and retail (5%) etc. Their job functions also span across management, consulting, marketing, analyzing, business development, and human resources, etc.
Some Famous Alumni
- • Myolie Wu (Actress)
• Chan Yik Hei ( Asian Entrepreneur)
• Ambrose King ( Educator and Former Vice- Chancellor of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
Average GMAT Score
Average GRE Score
Master’s of Science in International Management Program, HKUST MIMT, is offered by the HKUST Business School in collaboration with CEMS, the global alliance in management education and the world league in the pre-experience Master’s market. HKUST Business School’s membership in the CEMS enables it to leverage CEMS’ extensive network of academic members, corporate and social partners, students and alumni, etc. across the world.
- Applicants for admission to the HKUST MIMT program are required to meet the following requirements:
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or the equivalent from a recognized university or approved institution with satisfactory academic results
• Applicants whose first language is not English, and whose bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification^ was awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction was not English, are required to fulfill the minimum English Language requirements in TOEFL/ IELTS examination (^Qualification with duration equivalent to a full-time bachelor’s degree, i.e. at least 3 years)
• Achieve a satisfactory GMAT/GRE score
• Possess two languages including English
• Possess multi-cultural aptitudes and an appetite for an international career
• Have no more than two years of full-time post-qualification work experience
AASCB & EQUIS
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Book a Free Strategy Session to understand how we can help you get into the World’s Best Schools.
- • Completed online application form, including a personal statement and the supplementary form
• CV/resume with photo
• Transcript and degree certificate of undergraduate studies
• Documentary proof of other professional qualifications (if applicable)
• Official GMAT/GRE score report
• Official TOEFL/IELTS score report (if applicable)
• Two academic referees
• Language certification for your second/third foreign language
• Application fee
- Scanned copies of academic transcripts, GMAT/GRE official score reports and TOEFL/IELTS official score reports are sufficient at the application stage. Applicants will be notified individually for shortlist interview.
Each applicant must answer some essay questions. These essays help reviewers to better understand your academic objectives and determine if you are a good match for the field to which you are applying.
. The HKUST MIMT mission is to inspire and transform individuals to be future business leaders for Asia and the world. We embrace diversity and are looking for ambitious and open-minded candidates with a passion to contribute. It is the first day of orientation. Please introduce yourself to your classmates, highlighting what drives you in your personal and professional life. (500 words).
Tell us about your post-MIMT goals and based on that, why is the HKUST MIMT the ideal program for you and how do you plan to engage and enrich our community? (500 words)
As you can see the HKUST MIMT program application is pretty extensive, & this is a good thing as they want to ensure only top quality students make it through the application process. So make sure you have perfect SOP’s and stellar LOR’s as they WILL make or break your case
Once you are done with your application, the HKUST Business School board reviews it and if shortlisted you would be called for an Interview round for the HKUST MIMT Program.
. Among the top 5 in Asia Pacific region- QS World Ranking 2021
- Financial Times- Executive MBA Rankings 2007, 2009-2013, 2016-2018, 2020. WORLD NO. 1. Kellogg-HKUST Executive MBA Program
- The Master in International Management is designed for recent graduates with less than one year of full-time postgraduate corporate job experience or less than two years in a non-traditional business function.
- This course provides students with the critical business knowledge, adaptive mentality, and business-ready practical skills they need to succeed in today’s fiercely competitive economy.
- With a variety of electives students can adapt the programme to their specific needs.
How to get into HKUST Master in International Management?
Getting into HKUST can be tough since the school is highly selective. But if you have the grades and the required experience for the Master in International Management program, things should be relatively simple. Moreover, in order to boost your chances of admission, you will need a really great application that shows your talents and overshadow your shortcomings.
How is Master in International Management of HKUST from job opportunities?
Graduates of HKUST work in a variety of industries, primarily consulting, FMCG, and financial services. Furthermore, top recruiters such as Amazon, Bain and Company, Barclays, Deloitte, Google, and L’Oreal hire HKUST students. 86% of graduates find work within three months of graduation and earn an average of €107,000 after 3 years of employment. In short, HKUST provides its students with outstanding job opportunities.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services
Other schools you can check
Imperial College Business School Ranks 2nd in the UK and 15th in the world. The MSc Management program is an intensive, full-time, one-year program that prepares graduates coming from diverse academic…
The LSE MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at LSE and understand if it would be the correct choice for them.
UCL is a world-class business school in central London. It has been ranked amongst the top-notch B-schools in Europe and its MSc Finance program is an internationally known master’s program, bringing together expert lectures and brilliant minds.