HKUST Business School
HKUST MiM Overview
The one-year HKUST MIMT program offers students a fast-track advantage so they can reap the latest academic knowledge required for career development and obtain practical experience in the business world and international and cultural exposure outside their region in the shortest time. Students are guaranteed an opportunity to go on exchange to a CEMS member school in either Term 1 or Term 2, while there will be exchange-in students from other CEMS member schools reciprocally.
HKUST MiM Highlights
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||49|
Want to know your chances at HKUST Business School?
Program and Curriculum
The HKUST MIMT program builds a strong foundation for management success and creates a unique learning experience for each student through rigorous study, and an emphasis on creativity, analytical thinking, teamwork and actual practice. The curriculum is carefully-designed to combine academic theory with business practice and international exposure. It consists of foundation courses, a block seminar, and a seminar on Responsible Global Leadership.
- Core Courses
- Corporate Events
- Industry Conferences
- Clubs and Speaker Events
- International Internships
- Effective Negotiations
- Technology and Globalization
- Operations Management
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Financial Markets in China
- Social Innovation
- Global Macroeconomics
- Managerial Decision-Making
- Project Management
- Strategic Management in Asia
- Managing Global Complexity
- Responsible Global Leadership
- Doing Business In Asia
- Market Research For Business Applications
- China Club
- Finance Society
- FinTech Club
- General Management Club
- Japan Club
- Management Consulting & Strategy Club
Internships provide students with an opportunity to apply their academic experience and theoretical knowledge in a real-life, professional, multi-cultural environment.
Students are required to work on a consecutive period of at least 8 weeks in the same company outside their home schools or home countries as international internships after Term 2.
HKUST graduates get placed in 8+ major sectors including Finance, Consulting, Marketing and Education.
More than 60% pf graduates are placed in Asia while the rest are placed across Europe and U.S.A.
Top 3 Sectors
- Finance 29%
- Consulting 23%
- FMCG/Consumer Goods 7%
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
HKUST Alumni Info
Most of the graduates are based in Mainland China (42%) and Hong Kong (33%) while there are others based in Europe (16%), Americas (3%) and other Asian countries (6%).
The graduates have embarked on their career journeys in finance (34%), consulting (22%), IT (10%) and retail (5%) etc. Their job functions also span across management, consulting, marketing, analyzing, business development, and human resources, etc.
Some Famous Alumni
- Myolie Wu (Actress)
- Chan Yik Hei ( Asian Entrepreneur)
- Ambrose King ( Educator and Former Vice- Chancellor of the Chinese University of Hong Kong)
HKUST Class Profile
Master’s of Science in International Management Program, HKUST MIMT, is offered by the HKUST Business School in collaboration with CEMS, the global alliance in management education and the world league in the pre-experience Master’s market. HKUST Business School’s membership in the CEMS enables it to leverage CEMS’ extensive network of academic members, corporate and social partners, students and alumni, etc. across the world.
Applicants for admission to the HKUST MIMT program are required to meet the following requirements:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or the equivalent from a recognized university or approved institution with satisfactory academic results
- Applicants whose first language is not English, and whose bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification^ was awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction was not English, are required to fulfill the minimum English Language requirements in TOEFL/ IELTS examination (^Qualification with duration equivalent to a full-time bachelor’s degree, i.e. at least 3 years)
- Achieve a satisfactory GMAT/GRE score
- Possess two languages including English
- Possess multi-cultural aptitudes and an appetite for an international career
- Have no more than two years of full-time post-qualification work experience
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 : November 01, 2019|
|Round 2 : December 16, 2019|
|Round 3 : February 01, 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
ADMITS IN 2018
ADMITS IN 2019
Connect with a HKUST expert
Understand How We can Help you 3X your Chances at HKUST with our Services
- Completed online application form, including a personal statement and the supplementary form
- CV/resume with photo
- Transcript and degree certificate of undergraduate studies
- Documentary proof of other professional qualifications (if applicable)
- Official GMAT/GRE score report
- Official TOEFL/IELTS score report (if applicable)
- Two academic referees
- Language certification for your second/third foreign language
- Application fee
Scanned copies of academic transcripts, GMAT/GRE official score reports and TOEFL/IELTS official score reports are sufficient at the application stage. Applicants will be notified individually for shortlist interview.
Each applicant must answer some essay questions. These essays help reviewers to better understand your academic objectives and determine if you are a good match for the field to which you are applying.
HKUST MIMT Essays
1. The HKUST MIMT mission is to inspire and transform individuals to be future business leaders for Asia and the world. We embrace diversity, and are looking for ambitious and open-minded candidates with a passion to contribute. It is the first day of orientation. Please introduce yourself to your classmates, highlighting what drives you in your personal and professional life. (500 words).
2. Tell us about your post-MIMT goals and based on that, why is the HKUST MIMT the ideal program for you and how do you plan to engage and enrich our community? (500 words)
As you can see the HKUST MIMT program application is pretty extensive, & this is a good thing as they want to ensure only top quality students make it through the application process. So make sure you have perfect SOP’s and stellar LOR’s as they WILL make or break your case
Once you are done with your application, the HKUST Business School board reviews it and if shortlisted you would be called for an Interview round for the HKUST MIMT Program.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services