IE Business School
Masters in Finance (MFin)
IE MFin Overview
IE Business School was opened in Madrid in 1973. Initially it launched MBA and executive MBA program and the school’s advisory board and alumni association was created.As Spain opened up itself globally, IE served as a platform for debate on business challenges on an international level.
IE MFin Highlights
Languages spoken on campus
|QS World Rankings ’18||13|
Program and Curriculum
The Master in Finance is an 11 month full time program which aims at students who have limited or no work experience. This program is specifically for those who wish to work in the finance industry at an analyst level. Some of the topics covered in the program include investments, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity – and
admitted students have the opportunity to prepare for Level I of the CFA examination
- Algorithmic Trading
- Analysis & Selections of Funds
- Arbitrage Strategies
- Asset Management Industry
- Behavioural Finance • Commodities
- Equity Derivatives & Volatility
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting & Analysis
- Financial Maths Programming
- Quantitative Finance I
- Foundations of Financial Theory
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Capital Markets
- Fixed Income Fundamentals
- Portfolio Management Competition
IE´s Masters in Finance alumni work in all the main companies and areas of finance, including: Corporate finance, M&A, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Asset Management, Leveraged Finance, Hedge Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Venture Capital and Private Equity, Financial Consulting, Auditing, International Organizations, Public Finance, Finance departments of corporations, just to name a few.
Want to know your chances at IE Business School?
IE MFin Alumni Info
The IE community is a widespread network made up of 5 schools and over 60,000 alumni in more than 140 countries worldwide. This network offers countless opportunities for community members to get involved and make an impact
Minimum GMAT score
% of female
Average international students
IE Business School and Frankfurt School of Finance and Management have joined hands to offer students a unique blend of program that will enrich their academic experience while preparing them for career success.
AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS
RSM MiM Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Fall intake September|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The IE has a very extremely selective and has a comprehensive selection procedure. Candidates who are motivated, creative and possess high-potential in their academic and/or professional achievements, as well as interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate – for non-Native English speakers: we accept the TOEFL (minimum score of 100), the IELTS (minimum score of 7) or a Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency level. A certificate is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in English. If you take the TOEFL or the IELTS, your English exam is valid for two years, from the date you took the exam.
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Application fee: 125€ or 175€ in case of applying to 2 programs (fee is not refundable)
What is the most important thing that you would like us to know that is not in your resume or application?
There are three formats you can choose to express yourself: a video (max. 3 minutes), a PowerPoint presentation (max. 10 slides), or a written essay (between 250-650 words). Please pay special attention to punctuation, structure and content.