IE Business School
Masters in Finance (MFin)
IE MFin Overview
The Masters in Finance program offered at IE Business School explores various aspects of financial industry including FinTech which provides insight into the realities of the modern markets. The program equips students with the cutting-edge knowledge they need to conquer the ever-changing realm of finance. Students learn from experienced faculty who are leaders in investment banking, private equity and capital markets.
IE MFin Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’18||13|
Want to know your chances at IE Business School?
Program and Curriculum
The Master in Finance is an 11 month full time program which aims at students who have limited or no work experience. This program is specifically for those who wish to work in the finance industry at an analyst level. Some of the topics covered in the program include investments, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity -and
admitted students have the opportunity to prepare for Level I of the CFA examination
- Algorithmic Trading
- Analysis & Selections of Funds
- Arbitrage Strategies
- Asset Management Industry
- Behavioural Finance • Commodities
- Equity Derivatives & Volatility
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting & Analysis
- Financial Maths Programming
- Quantitative Finance I
- Foundations of Financial Theory
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Capital Markets
- Fixed Income Fundamentals
- Portfolio Management Competition
The program offers two optional trips to New York or London.
Participate in a microfinance project based in Ghana and experience the powerful impact of social entrepreneurship.
IE´s Masters in Finance alumni work in all the main companies and areas of finance, including: Corporate finance, M&A, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Asset Management, Leveraged Finance, Hedge Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Venture Capital and Private Equity, Financial Consulting, Auditing, International Organizations, Public Finance, Finance departments of corporations, just to name a few. Around 250+ Companies participate in our on-capus initiative and 91% of our graduates find jobs within 3 months on graduation.
Companies Recruting from IE MFin Program
- Deutche Bank
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ €14,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– €5000|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||3.6 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
IE MFin Alumni Info
The IE community is a widespread network made up of 5 schools and over 60,000 alumni in more than 140 countries worldwide. This network offers countless opportunities for community members to get involved and make an impact
Minimum GMAT score
% of female
Average international students
IE Business School and Frankfurt School of Finance and Management have joined hands to offer students a unique blend of program that will enrich their academic experience while preparing them for career success.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university.
- GMAT/ GRE
AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS
IE MFin Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Fall intake 24th August 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The IE has a very extremely selective and has a comprehensive selection procedure. Candidates who are motivated, creative and possess high-potential in their academic and/or professional achievements, as well as interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate – for non-Native English speakers: we accept the TOEFL (minimum score of 100), the IELTS (minimum score of 7) or a Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency level. A certificate is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in English. If you take the TOEFL or the IELTS, your English exam is valid for two years, from the date you took the exam.
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Application fee: 125€ or 175€ in case of applying to 2 programs (fee is not refundable)
Once you have submitted your online application and paid the application fee, you will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format.
1. Video Format (max. 3 minutes)
2. PowerPoint presentation (max. 10 slides)
3. Written essay (between 250-650 words). Please pay special attention to punctuation, structure and content.
Check out what our past clients say about our Services