Imperial College M.fin. Review
Imperial College Business School offers a diverse range of programs specializing in education, research and management.
Applying for MFin at Imperial ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Imperial College Mfin Introduction
AMBA, AACSB, & EQUIS
The Imperial College MFin Review is helpful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the MFin program at Imperial College Business School. MSc Finance is a one-year, full-time programme with a proven track record in securing students the best jobs in the finance industry for the last 20 years, in sectors such as investment banking, asset management and consultancy. This highly applied programme allows you to find solutions to real-world business challenges through lectures delivered by highly regarded practitioners, optional programming workshops, an Applied Project, or the option of a work placement. Graduating from Imperial College Business School will set you apart from the crowd.
Imperial Mfin Class Profile
Imperial college business school is a global leader, and the Master of Science in finance program is an intellectually rigorous quantitative finance programme covering a broad range of topics. Also, Imperial College Business School Careers provides world-class support, advice and guidance that is tailored to the student’s individual career aspirations and is an integral part of Finance Master’s programmes.
Average Work Ex
Imperial Mfin Acceptance Rate
MSc Finance will prepare you for a wide range of banking and finance careers. Imperial is looking for well-rounded and ambitious candidates with an excellent quantitative background and good communication skills, as well as relevant internship experience and a clear, well-researched career plan.
Program and Curriculum of Imperial Mfin
- Corporate Finance
- Ethics and Professional Standards in Finance (online)
- Financial Econometrics
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Mathematics for Finance
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Applied Trading Strategies
- Advanced Options Theory
- Asset Allocation and Investment Strategies
- Credit Risk
- Fixed Income Securities
- Macroeconomics and Finance for Practitioners (international elective)
- Introduction to Quantitative Investing (international elective)
- Advanced Company Valuation
- Advanced Financial Statistics Big Data in Finance I
- Big Data in Finance II
- Causal Links in Financial Economics
- Corporate Dealmaking
- Corporate Strategy and Dynamic
- International Finance
- Mergers and AcquisitionS
- Machine and Deep Learning with Finance Applications
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Real Estate Investment
- Structured Credit and Equity Products
- Wealth Management and Alternative Investments
- Topics in Fintech Innovation
Online Pre-study modules:
- Accounting Primer
- Finance Careers Primer
- Foundations for Career Success
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Maths
- Plagiarism Awareness – Study Skills
- Applications in R for Finance
- Business Valuation
- Financial Modelling
- Markets and Securities
- The Finance Industry
Trips: As part of your MSc Finance studies, you will attend a short international trip to widen your business knowledge and hone your finance skills in an international context. The visit allows you to experience business culture in another country and is also a fantastic opportunity for you to spend time with your cohort and lay the foundations for strong future relationships as part of the wider MSc Finance alumni network.
Projects: You will choose between undertaking two types of projects as an opportunity to gain practical skills and put your learnings from the programme into practice. You can either pursue an Applied Project together with an additional elective or a traditional Research Project.
- Applied Project, with optional Work
- Placement Research Project
- Imperial College Finance Society (ICFS)
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Club
- FMCG, Luxury Goods and Retail Club
- Social Impact & Responsible Business Club
- Africa Business Club
And many more.
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into Imperial Mfin)
- Have a First-Class Honours degree or an Upper Second Class Honours degree from a recognized university.
- You should have studied a highly quantitative discipline such as:
- English language requirement (TOFEL OR IELTS)
- Online Maths test
- Minimum one internship in the relevant field would be given preference
Document Related to the Application
- Online application
- Career Planning Questions
- Quantitative experience statement
- Contact details of two referees (one of which must be academic)
- Full transcripts of your degree level studies to date
- GMAT or GRE results (recommended but not compulsory)
- Personal statement
- Up-to-date CV
- English language test results (TOFEL, IELTS)
- Application fee £80.
Imperial Mfin Deadlines
Applications are reviewed on a continuous basis and will be closed when the class is full. However, because the programme is highly competitive, you are recommended to apply as soon as possible
Imperial M.fin. Employment
Imperial’s finance program prepares students to achieve their professional goals through its academic curriculum. Imperial College Business School Careers work with the students and ensure that they receive the very best support, advice and guidance that is tailored according to students’ specific career needs. Some of the top companies recruiting are Dyson, Facebook, Google, Apple, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley and many more to name.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors hiring Imperial M.fin. Graduates
Imperial’s MSc Finance has an excellent global reputation, consistently ranking among the world’s top global programmes and attracting high calibre students from around the world. The student’s potential to become successful future leaders in the finance industry is maximized by world-class teaching and tailored support from the Careers service.
Companies recruiting from ESADE Business School MBA
- China CITIC Bank
- Credit Suisse
- JP Morgan
- Raymond James
- Standard Chartered
- Deutsche Bank
Imperial Mfin Alumni Info
Imperial business school’s alumni community consists of around 16,500 graduates representing over 130 countries. The network organizes more than 1000 of events to facilitate exchange between students and members and also to provide counselling to prospective students.
Some Famous Alumni
- Kieran Fitzsimons, Managing Director, AccountingHub.io
- Fie Liu, Director, Standard Chartered Bank
- Andrea Bonaceto, Co-founder, and CEO, Eterna Capital
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Imperial Mfin
Your personal statement provides an opportunity for you to tell a bit more about yourself and your motivation for undertaking this programme. In the personal statement section of the application, answer the following questions:
- Please share your motivation for undertaking this programme?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What would you contribute to the cohort and to the Imperial community?
- How would you use your degree to make a positive impact?
Each section of the personal statement has a 1500-character limit (including spaces).
Career planning questions:
- How will your chosen programme help you reach your career goal?
- Do you see any barriers that you may need to overcome to reach this goal (personally, professionally, or academically)?
- What gaps in your skillset will you need to develop to prepare for this career?
Letter of Recommendation for Imperial Mfin
You will need to provide the contact details of two referees (one of which must be academic*). When you submit your form, the online application system will send an automatic reference-request directly to their professional email accounts so they can submit their recommendation letter quickly and efficiently online.
Imperial will accept two professional references where applicants graduated five or more years ago.
1 academic LOR and 1 Professional LOR are required, which have to be uploaded by your respective referees.
Interview Questions for Imperial M.fin.
After the application is evaluated, you will be invited for a KIRA talent interview in which you will be asked a series of questions, for which you need to record the answers as short videos and submit them online.
In the KIRA interview, you will be asked about your background, inspiration, why do you want to enrol in this course and more.
What makes Imperial M.fin. Unique
- MFin at Imperial is a 2-year program where students get industry experience and a lot of exposure.
- Imperial has ties with highly qualified professional and renowned organizations, making it easy for graduates to find placements after their course.
- While in the course, students have options to choose from diverse electives, which gives them a chance to explore different domains.
- MFin at Imperial has a high rate of placements at 92%, and employees get great signing bonuses as well.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
How long is the MFin program at Imperial?
MFin at Imperial is about 24 months long program.
Why choose Imperial for MFin?
Imperial Business School, has ranked 11th according to Financial Times 2021. It provides students with a thorough understanding of finance as a subject and also gives opportunity to experience the practical learning aspect.
Is there any deadline for the MFin program at Imperial?
No, there is no deadline to enrol into the MFin program at Imperial. The admissions are made on a rolling basis until the seats are full.
Is Work experience required?
Students must have done at least one internship in the finance sector. Having full-time experience is an added advantage.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services