Imperial College MIM Review
Imperial College Business School Ranks 2nd in the UK and 15th in the world. The MSc Management program is an intensive, full-time, one-year program that prepares graduates coming from diverse academic backgrounds for an extensive range of careers in the management discipline such as management, consulting, and professional services.
MSc Management is an intensive one year programme aimed at transforming recent graduates into highly responsible, effective and successful decision-makers in global business.The MSc Management programme’s distinctive combination of business-focused learning encompasses theory and its application to the real world via practical case studies and hands-on tasks involving companies and other external institutions. Students are inspired by the value of creativity and socially responsible thinking, and they leverage the richness of their teams to devise solutions that foster innovation, financial performance and business sustainability. The graduates thrive in the corporate, consulting and entrepreneurial world. An Imperial MIM is a highly effective way to shape your career and is suitable for high caliber, motivated, ambitious students who want an edge in today’s competitive job market.”
Imperial MIM Class Profile
Imperial College London has maintained a reputation of high calibre students in their classes. It has a diverse community of students who are talented and experienced in various domains. The diversity helps the like-minded students to learn and develop the skills from other high calibre students.
Average Work Ex
Imperial MIM Acceptance Rate
Getting selected for a MIM program at Imperial College London is highly competitive with an acceptance rate of just 28%. However, if you have an academically excellent profile with plenty of extracurricular experience you can make a good profile and increase your chances of getting selected for the prestigious program.
Program and Curriculum of Imperial MIM
The Imperial MiM programme is structured to provide a blend of in-depth theory and practical experience. It provides students with full-time corporate work experience alike. Students have the option of selecting from a list of 40 electives. Aside from the theoretical courses, there are Global Immersion field trips that help to transfer theory into experience in order to solve problems, which is a basic business ability that is in high demand.
- Accounting and Corporate Reporting Analysis
- Business Economics
- Global Operations and Projects
- Innovation Management
- International Marketing
- Management Capstone
- Organisational Behavior
- Strategic Management
The electives are offered in the following academic areas:
- Advanced Corporate
- Finance Management of Mergers and Acquisitions
- Venture Capital and Growth Finance Private Equity (online)
- Risk Management for Corporate and Financial Institutions
- Business Analytics
- Energy Business Leadership Skills
- Project Managemen
- Design Thinking for Innovation
- The Economics of Information and Intellectual Property
- Family Business Management
- Strategy and Innovation in Fintech
- Strategy and Innovation in Digital Business
- Brand Management Consumer Behaviour
- Emerging Technologies in Marketing
- Sales Force Management
Pre Study Online Module
- Accounting Primer
- Careers Primer
- Data Analysis Primer
- Finance Primer
- Maths Primer
- Digital Business
- Energy Business
- Financial Services
- Strategy and Leadership
Business School Clubs
- Africa Business club
- Asia Business club
- Consulting club
- Energy club
- Entrepreneurship club
- India Business club
- Family Business club
- Finance club
- FMCG, Luxury Goods and Retail club
- Latin America club
- North America club
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications club
- Energy Society
- Imperial College Finance Society
- International Public Health Society
- Imperial College Women In Business Society
Events (information Sessions)
- QS World Grad School Tour in Jakarta
- An exclusive evening with Imperial in Singapore
- Mastering the application process: Your questions answered webinar
- MSc International Management and MSc Management webinar
- QS World Grad School Tour in Mumbai
- Master & More Fair in Frankfurt
Eligibility and Requirements get into Imperial MIM
Undergraduate Degree at 2:1 Honours or international equivalent with advanced quantitative courses
Minimum 2 years of work experience
English Proficiency Test Scores:
- IELTS – A minimum score of 7.0 bands with 6.5 in all elements
- TOEFL – A minimum score of 100 with 22 in all elements
- Duolingo – 125 overall with no less than 15 in any band
Document Related to the Application
- Electronic copies of full academic transcripts and certificates
- Personal Statement
- Cv/ Resume
- Contact Details of two referees (One must be Academic)
- GMAT or GRE scores (Recommended but not Compulsory)
- English Language Test Results
The application fee for the direct application is £80.
Imperial Business School MBA Deadlines
Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and admissions are closed once the seats are full. Since, the program is highly competitive so it is advised that you apply as early as possible. You can also sign up for the newsletter from the official website to get the latest information regarding the deadlines.
Imperial MIM Employment/Placement
Here are some employment statistics of graduates of the Imperial MSc Management program which proves why it is an attractive proposition for students across the globe:
91% Students Employed within three months.
65% Students Employed in UK.
66% Students Employed in Consulting or Finance.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Imperial MIM Graduates
Imperial MIM enables its graduates to work in a variety of industries. As a result, these alumni are spread across the world in various domains such as 33% in Technology, 21% in consulting, 12% in Finance, 7% in Healthcare, etc. In every sector, there is at least one Imperial graduate who is serving an organisation with the most prestigious skills that they learn during their post-graduation and vast experience. In addition, the vast alumni network helps tremendously in securing jobs.
Companies recruiting from Imperial MIM
- Bain & Co
- Jardine Matheson
- J.P. Morgan
- London Stock
Imperial MIM Alumni Info
Like every other aspect of the MSc Management programme, the alumni network offers you practical benefits, allowing you to take full advantage of your Business School connections throughout your career. Our extensive network of over 19,450 alumni spans more than 140 countries.
Some Famous Alumni
- Belen Gallego(Associate at The Boston Consulting Group)
- Jacklyn Nagle (Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Company)
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Imperial MIM
Your personal statement provides an opportunity for you tell us a bit more about yourself and your motivation for undertaking this programme. In the personal statement section of the application, Imperial seek answers for the following questions:
- Please share your motivation for undertaking this programme?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What would you contribute to the cohort and to the Imperial community?
- How would you use your degree to make a positive impact?
Each section of the personal statement has a 1500 character limit (including spaces).
Career Planning Questions
In the career planning questions you will need to show you have thought about the type of employer you want to work for immediately after graduating and have researched your target organisation(s) and role. You will also need to answer the following questions to demonstrate awareness of what is required and the steps you will take to prepare for your chosen career.
- How will your chosen programme help you reach your career goal?
- Do you see any barriers that you may need to overcome to reach this goal (personally, professionally, or academically)?
- What gaps in your skillset will you need to develop to prepare for this career?
Letter of Recommendation for Imperial MIM
Admission to the MIM program requires you to provide the contact details of two referees (one of which must be academic*). When you submit your form, the online application system will send an automatic reference request directly to their professional email accounts so they can submit their recommendation letter quickly and efficiently online.
* accept two professional references where applicants graduated five or more years ago.
Interview Questions for Imperial MIM
Q: Tell me something about yourself?
Q: Walk me through your resume?
Q: Why MiM? Why Imperial Business school?
Q: What are your short & long-term goals?
Q: What is your Plan B if consulting/Investment banking does not happen?
Q: What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples, please?
Q: What is your biggest weakness? Can you give some examples, please?
Q: How can you add value to the Class?
Q: Why should we take you?
Q: One reason that we should not select you?
Q: Interests and Hobbies – Be prepared!.. questions as basic as “Why do you do poetry (or any other activity) may be asked.
Q: Some Situational & Behavioral Questions.
Q. What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectation. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
Q. Do you have any Questions for us?
What makes Imperial MIM Unique
Here are a few facts about Imperial MIM that makes it unique-
- International Experience:
Obtain a broader perspective on management. Expand your horizons by participating in an optional Global Immersion Week and learning about another country’s socio-economic culture. Student exchanges allow you to study at one of the partner universities in another country. The diverse cultural community will allow you to network with students from all over the globe.
- Hone the Managerial Skills:
The first-hand industry experience will help you develop and enhance your fundamental leadership skills. You will be given the opportunity to work on real business problems by industry experts in thought-provoking lectures. Additionally, you will gain real-world management insight with a work placement or a project with consulting or social focus.
- Shape your program according to your ambitions:
A wide choice of electives offers multiple opportunities to specialise in marketing, innovation, finance or strategy. Fine-tune your learning according to your career aspirations.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What is the duration of the Mim programme at Imperial?
Imperial’s MiM programme is a 12 to 24-month full-time MiM programme which also provides you with the opportunity to enhance your skills through various clubs and associations.
How many Intakes does Imperial offer?
Imperial offers 1 intake per year. International Students can apply to the prestigious Imperial MiM program before the deadlines.
Is work experience required for Imperial MiM program?
Though there is no eligibility criteria regarding work experience to enrol for the MiM program, students applying to Imperial hold at least two years of average work experience.
Is it compulsory to belong to a business background to enrol into Imperial MiM program?
No, Imperial MiM accepts students from various backgrounds; it is not compulsory to have a business degree.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services