Ivey Business School MSc in Management Review
Through Case-based learning, faculty members at Ivey provide the best possible education to help students develop the skills they need to succeed in today’s competitive environment. The MIM at Ivey is equipped with streams in Business Analytics, Digital Management and International business, the program is based on your stream. The 16-month MIM program begins in either January or September.
The Master of Science in Management program at Ivey is designed to provide you with the necessary skills to succeed in today’s competitive business environment. This includes courses in International Business, Digital Management, and Business Analytics based on your stream. For this blog, we would focus on MSc in International Business majorly.
These 16 months Master’s programs are aimed at recent college graduates who desire to advance their management and business careers. Experiential learning, such as Case-Method Learning, is used in the programs. The key essentials for excellent management, such as accounting, finance, and marketing, are divided and built on in the management and international business curriculum.
In addition, there is an Ivey Global Lab (IGL), a 10-week internship in which students work with local businesses. Students in management and international business and management and business analytics can take advantage of this opportunity. Global marketing and managing innovation are two elective courses in the management and business analytics degree. It gives an opportunity for students to learn from real-world business case studies, explore future career program paths, and gain real work experience.
Ivey Business School MIM Class Profile
Since Ivey updated their diversity, equity, and inclusion program, they have seen positive developments throughout the School. The dedicated faculty members and staff members who are committed to making the school a better place have been instrumental in implementing the program.
Through the collaboration of faculty, students, and partners, they create new tools and programming that will help the School create an inclusive and equitable environment. These standards set by the school ensure unbiased intake in the respective programs. As a result, 55% of students accepted to the Ivey MSc in Management for 2023 class belonged to fields other than business.
Average Work Ex
Ivey Business School Acceptance Rate
The Ivey admissions process is one of the most rigorous in the business world. Their admission committee works hard to ensure that the applications are thoroughly reviewed and processed with the utmost care and efficiency. This naturally makes this program really competitive to secure admission.
The acceptance rate has been around 8% in the past couple of years. To be considered a competitive candidate, one must have both a high non-academic achievement and an exceptional academic record. The application for the Ivey MSc in Management is split between the academic and supplementary applications.
Acceptance rate – 8%
Program and Curriculum of Ivey Business School MIM
The Master of Science in Management program is designed for recent graduates who want to improve their skill sets, develop their leadership abilities, and kick-start their careers.
It gives an opportunity for students to learn from the real-world business case study and ten-week placement program to explore future career program paths and gain real work experience.
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Ivey Global Lab
- Global Strategy
- International Joint Ventures
- Accounting, Governance & Risk
- Predictive Analytics
- Competing in and with China
- Causal Inference
- Data-Driven Management
- Technology and Humanity
- Entrepreneurship & Growth
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Inequality and Business
- Data Management
- Frontier Markets
- Macroeconomics for Managers
- Global Financial Markets
- Leading Responsibly
- Global Corporate Finance
- Managing Risk in Organizations
- Systems Thinking
The successful creation of an inclusive Ivey Campus is largely attributed to the involvement of student clubs. These groups promote the diverse interests of the student body and provide companies with the opportunity to interact with them. In addition to being able to provide companies with the opportunity to interact with the students, these events also help promote the student body.
Clubs and Societies
- Ivey Consulting Club
- Ivey Critical Thinking and Debate Club
- Ivey Product Management Club
- Ivey Sustainability Club
- Women in Management
- Ivey Entrepreneurship Club
- Ivey Finance and Technology Club
- Ivey Healthcare Connections Club
- Ivey MSc Pro-Bono Analytics Club
The Ivey Global Lab is an 8-week summer program that provides students with an opportunity to experience the culture and business environment of a developing economy while working for a partner firm. The goal of the program is to provide international internship requirements for CEMS-MIM students. In addition to being exposed to the multiple facets of the industry, participants will also get to work with an organization that is partnered with the university.
Through these projects, students have been able to work with clients in India, Vietnam, and Peru. They have been involved in various functional areas such as marketing, technology, and manufacturing.
Although students are guaranteed a placement in the IGL, they are not guaranteed a specific country or project. Although they can indicate their preferences for a given project, students are not given a definite preference. The placement process for the program is usually organized once a student has enrolled in the master’s program at the university.
Eligibility and Requirements for Getting into the Ivey Business School MIM
1. You have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in various areas such as International Business, Digital Management, and CEMS. You can then apply to the Master of Science in Business Analytics program during your final year of study or after the completion of the program.
2. You must demonstrate a meritorious record during your recent years of academic study.
3. Non-native English speakers who did not complete their post-secondary education in an English-speaking country will be required to demonstrate their proficiency in order to be considered for admission.
- TOEFL (minimum internet-based score of 100)
- Duolingo (minimum 125)
- PTE (minimum score of 70)
- IELTS General OR Academic (minimum total score of 7)
- MELAB (minimum score of 85)
- CAEL (minimum overall score of 60 required with no part less than 60)
- PELMO (minimum 75)**
4. If analytical or business subjects were not a part of your coursework, and you lack the necessary skills to take courses related to these fields, then a score of either the GRE or the GMAT may be required to strengthen your application. However, if you are still interested in receiving an exemption, please submit an application for evaluation.
- Online application, including the completion of the required written essay questions and video questions.
- Unofficial transcripts from your post-secondary institution(s). One copy of official/certified transcripts will be required if you receive an admissions offer*
- GMAT/GRE score card
- English Language Test scorecard
- Resumé (two-page maximum)
- Two reference Letters
- Financial Documentation – This is proof of whether the student can afford to pursue this program.
- Application fee of $150
Ivey Business School MIM Deadlines
Attaining the right education for your future is a big investment, and securing funding for your postgraduate program at Ivey is a critical step. Before you start the admissions process, it’s important that you spend some time preparing for the various requirements. Keep a track of deadlines so that you don’t miss any step of the selection procedure-
|The commencement of the program||January 2023|
|The deadline for submitting applications||August 2022|
Ivey Business School MIM Employment
The Ivey graduates are highly adaptable and competent, 98% of them secured a placement within 6 months of completing their degree in a trying times of a pandemic, according to the 2021 Ivey placement statistics. Out of which 53% of them accepted offers from school facilitated companies.
The students of the 2020 and 2021 Masters programs were able to explore the various changes that occurred in the workplace during their time at Ivey. They were also able to develop their own path and continue the school’s tradition of being globally prominent.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Ivey Business School MIM Graduates
Through various forms of networking, hiring, and campus recruiting, companies were able to connect with the students of Ivey this year. Some of these firms have also hired at least one graduate of the program. These are some top hiring firms that have been active in the recruitment of students.
- Bain & Company Canada Inc.
- Alpha FMC
- Analysis Group*
- CGI Business
- Boston Consulting Group
- Cognizant Consulting
- Brooklin Consulting
- Business Transition Consulting
- Carly Rian Group
- Carpedia International Ltd.*
- 3iQ Corp*
- Agentis Capital
- Canada Pension Plan
- Investment Board
- Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo)
- Bristol Capital Management
- Aviva Canada
- Bank of Montreal
- Berkley Canada
- Birch Hill Equity Partners
- Bluevale Capital Group
- Burgundy Asset
- Management Ltd.
- Canada Life*
- Ada Support Inc.
- Appficiency Inc.*
- Advanced Analytics and Research Lab
- Always Designing for People (ADP)
- App Annie*
Ivey Business School MIM Alumni Info
Over 30,000 individuals have joined the Ivey alumni network since the university’s inception in 1922. The group of business professionals has created a vibrant community of individuals in Canada and around the world.
The Board of Directors of the Ivey Alumni Network established the Class Liaison Network to enhance the involvement of the university’s graduates. They believe that building strong relationships with the individuals who graduated from the School is the key to attracting more participants.
The goal of the alumni class liaison is to provide a central contact for all of the members of the university’s community, as well as facilitate the gathering of information for upcoming class reunions. Aside from being a central contact for all of the university’s alumni, this position also serves as a facilitator for the recruitment of reunion committee volunteers.
Some Famous Alumni
- Afshin Nensi, MSc ’19 Business Analytics, Consultant at Omnia, Deloitte’s Artificial Intelligence practice
- Christina Lomazzo, MSc ’16 International Business with CEMS, Innovation Fund Lead at UNICEF
- Sydney Kidd, MSc ’17 International Business, Strategy Manager at Lululemon and Professional Athlete
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Ivey Business School MIM
Question 1: Motivation (REQUIRED)
Please explain to the Admissions Committee your decision to pursue the Ivey MSc in International Business. Why are you an ideal candidate for the program and how will the program help you achieve your goals? (500 words or less)
Question 2: Academic Self-Reflection (OPTIONAL)
Essay Question 3: CEMS Goals (REQUIRED)
How will the CEMS option at Ivey enhance your personal learning and career goals? (250 words or less)
Essay Question 4: Language (REQUIRED)
What are your plans to meet the language requirements for the CEMS Program? Please provide background, where applicable, for the Admissions Committee. (250 words or less)
Essay Question 5: CEMS Schools (REQUIRED)
Please share with the Admissions Committee the reasons for your top two preferred CEMS schools. (250 words or less)
Video Essay (REQUIRED)
Click on the link provided by the school to your KIRA video essay space. You will have an opportunity to practice your video essay prior to recording it. You must submit your video essay in KIRA in order to be able to submit your completed application.
Letter of Recommendation for Ivey Business School MIM
Two recommendation is required as part of the application process. An ideal recommender should be someone who knows you well and has observed and worked with you in a professional setting. They should also be able to provide insight into your potential as a leader with anecdotes and examples.
Your recommenders will evaluate you based on a set of competencies. For instance-
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization.
- How does the applicant’s performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
Interview Questions for Ivey Business School MIM
Q: Please introduce yourself (or) Tell me something about yourself
Q: Why do you want to pursue the (( COURSE ))?
Q: Why a MIM degree now? Why not an MBA?
Q: What’s your plan B in case your career plans don’t work out?
Q: Why not study in your home country?
Q: Have you ever lived in any other country or interacted with people from different countries?
Q: What are your future plans? Or what are your short-term and long-term goals?
Q: Why this particular company? What do you know about this role?
Q: What are your major strengths and weaknesses?
Q: Which other schools have you targeted and why?
Q: Tell me about a recent news affair that has caught your attention.
Q: What was your role at your previous job/ Internship?
Q: What makes you unique from the other candidates?
Q: What are you passionate about? Give me some examples of how you have shown it.
Q: What is your proudest achievement?
Q: Give an example of when you failed. What did you learn from the experience?
Q: Give us an example of when you showcased leadership skills.
Q: Would you be able to work under pressure with people of different nationalities? Could you give us an example of how you would succeed in this?
Q: How will you add value to the school and your batch mates?
Q: Can you tell me how were you able to get the “Z” result, in this internship you had undertaken? What were the steps you took?
Q: What are the skills required to enter (COMPANY)? Which skills do you have already and which skills do you need to develop?.
Q: How do you plan to deal with placement opportunities? Getting a work visa can be tricky
Q: How will a degree from our school help you in the future? Or what will be your key learnings from this degree?
Q: How do you plan to use the resources of the school?
Q: How would you translate your teamwork from your past experiences to the environment at ((school))?
Q: The work you did on project X seems interesting, can you elaborate on the same?
Q: What does Leadership mean to you?
Q: Give us an overview of your experiences so far.
Q: What has been your biggest obstacle so far and how have you conquered it?
Q: Tell us about a time when things didn’t go the way you wanted— like a promotion you wanted and didn’t get, or a project that didn’t turn out how you had hoped?
Q: What, according to you, is the best way to inspire people?
What Makes the Ivey Business School Unique
- In the first term of their Ivey MSc program in International Business, some students apply to the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH) & Ivey Dual degrees. Acceptance into the dual degree is subject to approval by NHH and Ivey MSc Program Services. The application process for dual degree programs is competitive. If accepted by Ivey and the Norwegian School of Economics, then students will be enrolled in the program.
- The Ivey Essentials course, which is part of the Master of Management program at Ivey, focuses on six core business concepts: finance, strategy, marketing, operations, leadership, and management. It is designed to help students improve their understanding of the materials used in the program.
- The female representation in MSc in Managemnt course at Ivey exceeds male participation estimated at 54% of the enrolled students.
- As an alumni of this program, one gets exposed to opportunities from the top most firms like Deloitte, Accenture, Morgan Stanley, Microsoft, etc.
- The Women of Ivey Network at Ivey has a global network that aims to create a more inclusive environment for women in business. Through its various programs and initiatives, such as professional development, philanthropy, and networking, it aims to accelerate the advancement of women in the industry.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What is the duration of this program?
The full-time MSc in Management program at Ivey is 16-months. It includes three streams: International Business, Digital Management, and Business Analytics. These programs start in January or September.
Is Ivey reputable for MSc in Management?
IVEY MiM ranks 53 globally according to World University Ranking and 32 according to EMBA Global Ranking.
Is re-applying permitted if application gets rejected at Ivey?
Those who were denied the opportunity to apply for the Ivey Master of Science program must wait at least two applications rounds before they can re-enter the program. Re-applicants should aim to improve their chances of being accepted by the program.
Who is eligible for a GMAT/GRE waiver?
Individuals who have successfully completed a four-year undergraduate program in business may be eligible to have their admission requirements waived if they achieved a 78% average in their final two years of study.
The competitive GMAT score for the Master of Science in Management program is 600 or higher. They accept both the GRE and the GMAT.
What is the criteria for receiving scholarships in MSc in Management program?
The Ivey Award for Excellence in Management is awarded to outstanding candidates who are pursuing the Master of Management program at Ivey. All applicants are considered for these awards based on their academic performance and past experience.
Approximately 30% of the cohort of the Master of Science in Management program are awarded scholarships. These grant is averagely around $7,500. The scholarship recipients will be notified and their official offer will be sent out.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services