Ivey Business School
MSc in Management
London, Ontario, Toronto, Hong Kong
Introduction about IVEY Business School
Ivey is the business school at the University of Western Ontario, which was founded in 1922. London, Ontario, Canada, is home to Ivey Business School. The school also has a programme at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre in London. Outside of London, it has locations in Toronto and Hong Kong. It is the first foreign business school in Hong Kong to open a permanent campus. Bloomberg Businessweek has named Ivey as Canada’s top MBA programme for the past six years. According to World University Ranking, IVEY MiM ranking is 53 globally and 32 according to EMBA Global Ranking. Let us now go through the IVEY MiM review.
IVEY MiM Overview
Western University’s Ivey Business School offers two MSc programmes: one in management and international business and the other in management and business analytics. Both programmes are aimed at recent college grads. The master’s programmes last sixteen months and are primarily aimed at recent graduates who desire to advance their management and business careers. Experiential learning, such as Case-Method Learning, is used in the programmes. The key essentials for excellent management, such as accounting, finance, and marketing, are divided and built on in the management and international business curriculum.
In addition, there is an Ivey Global Lab (IGL), a 10-week internship in which students work with local businesses. Students in management and international business and management and business analytics can take advantage of this opportunity. Global marketing and managing innovation are two elective courses in the management and business analytics degree. It gives an opportunity for students to learn from real-world business case studies, explore future career program paths and gain real work experience.
Placement in 3 months
Committed to Case Learning
Want to know which school is the best fit for you?
Take Our Free Profile Evaluation Now!
IVEY MiM Program and Curriculum
Master of Science in Management program is designed for recent graduates who want to improve their skill sets, develop their leadership abilities, and kick-start their careers.
It gives an opportunity for students to learn from the real-world business case study and ten-week placement program to explore future career program paths and gain real work experience.
- Creative Analytics
- Customer Insights
- Data Management
- Entrepreneurship and Growth
- Financial Analytics
- Global Corporate Finance
- Predictive Analytics
- Global Strategy
- Business Communications
Ivey’s mission is “to develop business leaders who think globally, act strategically and contribute to the societies in which they operate.”
Some top companies visiting IVEY are Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey, Accenture, Deloitte, RBC Financial Group, Scotiabank, Citi etc.
Several industry conferences are conducted
Some examples being—>
- The Ben Graham Centre’s value investing conference
- The Ben Graham Centre’s symposiums on intelligent investing
- Leader Character Conference
Ivey students organise a variety of special interest clubs. An excellent way to meet students outside of your section and from other Ivey degree programs includes philanthropic events, guest speakers, panel discussions, industry workshops, and more. Each club charges a nominal membership fee.
IVEY is home to a variety of clubs; some of them are
- Case Study Competition Club
- Energy and Resources Club
- Sports and Entertainment Business Club
- Healthcare Club
IVEY MiM Fees
It’s crucial to think about all of the expenses that come with earning a master’s degree. Aside from tuition, you should think about the cost of living in the city you choose, as well as any other academic expenses you could have throughout the year.
The cost of the Ivey MSc programme is estimated below; all monies are in Canadian dollars. The tuition figures below represent the total cost of the 16-month programme.
IVEY MiM fees for international students is $ 69,950.
|Western Ancillary Fees (Bus Pass, Gym Membership)||$500|
|MSc Association Student Fee||$400|
|International Students – UHIP (Health Insurance)||$700|
|Casebooks and Supplies**||$2,000 (Approximate)|
|Block Seminar, Global Citizenship Seminar (CEMS students only)||$300-$600|
Monthly Living Expense Estimates
|Rent (up to $900 for single apartment)||$700|
|Monthly total:||$1,725.00 CAD|
Ivey Global Lab Expenses
|Expected Costs||Flights, VISA processing fees, extra meals, leisure spending.||$2,500 – $3,000 CAD (Approximate)|
|Included Costs||Accommodation, Breakfast Daily, Transportation to and from the client site.||Paid by Ivey|
|Optional Costs||Pre or post-trip personal travel||up to $3,500 CAD|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
There are several scholarships for students to help them financially. Some of them are mentioned below.
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship||$10847||Yes|
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management||Variable||Yes|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$1000||Yes|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship||Variable||Yes|
Overall, IVEY MiM is pretty good, and hence MSc in Management Placements is an attractive proposition for most people.
90% Of those seeking received an offer within six months of graduation.
Top 3 Sectors
- Finance- 15%
|Consumer Packaged Goods||7%|
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $33,482|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $16,000|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earnings)||5.2 years|
IVEY MiM review Since IVEY’s inception in 1922, more than 27,000 graduates have joined the IVEY Alumni network, creating a successful community of business professionals in Canada and throughout the globe.
90% of graduates receive full-time job offers after graduation.
Some Famous Alumni
- Bob Dhillon ( CEO, Mainstreet Equity Corp.)
- Kevin O’Leary
- George A. Cope (CEO, Bell Canada)
The MSc in Management programme in Ivey Business school stands out so that it does not emphasise building foundational business skills. Still, the curriculum is structured to provide you with a lead over the other competitors in the same market. The other pros of this programme are that work experience is not a mandatory requirement.
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree in science with honours in computer science or a closely related field.
- Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree (four years, honours) or it’s equivalent from a recognised degree-granting institution.
- To be eligible for this programme, you must have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.33 (B grade) in your last two years of study.
- To be admitted to this programme, students must have IELTS or TOEFL and PTE scores.
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
The following documents are required:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate – A certificate issued by the education board following completion of higher secondary school.
- The education board will supply you with a statement of marks.
- Financial Documentation – This is proof of the student’s financial situation.
- Letter of Recommendation – This document identifies who suggested the student for the degree programme.
- Statement of Purpose – This is an essay or other written statement submitted by the student as part of the application process.
- A resume or CV is a document that summarises your work experience and qualifications.
- Language Requirement in English TOEFL, IELTS, and other test scores
- Exam results such as the GMAT and GRE must be presented.
VISA and Work-Study
- Before entering Canada, students must apply for a valid Student Visa.
- For international students, a student visa is required only if the programme is longer than six months.
- The visa normally lasts for the duration of the student’s academic programme plus an additional 90 days.
- A letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution is required before applying for a student visa (DLI).
- The Student Visa costs 112 dollars.
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issues student visas and application forms online or on paper.
These documents are required for students to apply for a student visa:
- The offer letter that the student got from the university serves as proof of acceptance.
- Identity proof is required.
- Financial proof, i.e. documents demonstrating financial stability.
- Work while studying in Canada is a possibility for both full-time and part-time students.
- A student can only be recruited for one Work-Study employment at a time. However, on the Career Exploration and Education website, students can search for and apply for jobs.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Work-Study Program:
- Have documentation of at least 1,500 USD in government student help.
- In both periods, be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Toronto.
- Have a solid academic standing in their last academic session, with a least 2.0 institutional grade point average
If a student is enrolled full-time, the Work-Study Program allows him or her to work on campus:
- During the academic year, work part-time to earn roughly $2,250 USD.
- Earn close to 4,500 UDS by working full-time throughout the summer months.
Students may work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or during planned breaks.
The IVEY MiM will equip students for a future in global business in today’s connected world. Students will be engaged in some of Ivey’s most culturally and internationally diverse programmes, learning firsthand through case-based learning how to manage the complexity of the business world. Students will graduate from Ivey as global cosmopolitans, able to compete on the global stage. Their ability to do independent research and thought leadership would prepare them for a variety of sectors.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services