Job Opportunities in Germany after Masters
Benefits of Studying in Germany
Germany is a country which is well known for its education system and has been a hub for international students for many years now. However, there are many other benefits of studying in Germany which provides a wholesome experience to the students visiting.
- Germany has been able to establish itself as one of the forerunning European countries with a large number of international students. This has been achieved due to the education system followed in Germany. It is a strong build of traditional teachings with evolved methods. The system lets children learn, not just for the purpose of clearing exams, but to build well-developed professionals.
- The German government believes that high-class education should not be a privileged commodity, rather a right which must be available to all. This is why most of the German universities are public and hence are funded by the government. The tuition in these universities are practically nothing and the quality of education provided here matches any ivy league school there is.
- Professionals are evaluated based on the level of education that they have achieved, represented by their degrees. The value of the degree is dependent on the awarding board or authority. If studying in Germany, one is in luck, as the universities and boards established in Germany are well recognized as one of the elites in the world.
- Many would be skeptical about studying in a foreign nation, especially if the national language isn’t a common one. Germany, for the ease of international students, has established many English learning programs that they can apply for without worrying about the language gap. Alternatively, German is one of the most popular languages spoken in the world. Learning it will add onto your resume and even come handy if you plan on pursuing a career in the country after graduating.
- Though tuition is low in Germany, there still are other expenditures one must meet. Living costs in Germany, though manageable, can leave a hole in the pocket. It always to have an extra form of income. International students in Germany can get jobs using their student permits. Though the work hours are limited, it can still be a lot of help. It is not necessary to learn German to get a job, but having some German skills can increase your chances of getting hired.
Working after Graduating
Germany has a very rich job market, especially for students of Masters in Management. They are very welcoming to international students seeking work in their country, and this is evident from their easy transition methods from student visa to the EU Blue Card. In order to work in Germany as an international student, you must have:
- A valid passport
- Proof of graduation from a university in Germany
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Proof of sustenance
All these documentations can help you in extending your residence permit to 18 months while you look for a job relating to your education. The 18 months begin from the day your final results are announced; hence it is advisable to start applying for work during the final semester. As you are allowed limited work time with your student visa, one must utilize it to build work experience and learn the local language.
Job Opportunities in Germany
Germany is one of the counties in today’s time which has some of the best universities in the world. Having had trained students in their respective fields, the country gives them an opportunity to find employment in the country. Following are some of the job opportunities that are available in Germany after graduating.
Companies and businesses would always require professionals who have the knowledge to sell the products or services that the company develops. It is an important skill, one which has been an integral part of businesses since the beginning of time. The professionals would be required to analyze the market, research key demographic and devise ideas to make their product accessible to the consumers. Students of Marketing are a perfect fit for these jobs.
Medicine will always be an important field of work, no matter which country you go to. Germany, as a developed country, has some of the best medical schools and hospitals in the world. However, there aren’t enough professionals to fill the vacancies. Students having completed their medical studies will be swiftly hired by the hospitals. These jobs are a perfect fit for MBBS holders and students having completed Nursing School.
Germany is not only known for having great institutes for education, but also for having great research universities. Some of the great scientists of our lifetime have not only studied in these institutes but also conducted world changing experiments. Students having completed their education in the fields of science could apply for research grants and conduct experiments in the universities. Masters of Science and Ph.D. holders are fit for such work.
The world has made large leaps in the field of technology, more so in recent years. There was an immediate need for professionals who understand technology like internet, website and software development. Information Technology professionals are a necessary asset which has become a requirement for all businesses and organizations which function today. Professionals who have studied in the field of Information Technology and Computer Science are fit for the job.
Engineering is the study of technology, understanding it and using to build a new and better machine to enhance our lives and make un-achievable tasks easier to complete. Even though it has been an important endeavor since the beginning, in recent years with the development of technology, many have taken a new interest in studying engineering. Engineers are considered to be an important asset for every nation, and a city like Germany which is always on the brink of technological breakthrough, they need them even more. Students who have studied Masters in Engineering are considered for these jobs.
All businesses and organizations, in one way or the other, have to deal with monetary assets. The money will always be an integral part and there would always be a need of people who could organize and keep track of the movement of these assets. Accountants and Financial professionals are individuals who would keep a keen eye on the assets of the company and also find new and profitable ways to procure better investments. Masters of Accounts and Masters of Finance are some of the degrees which are fit for these jobs.
Teaching jobs are in abundance today, which could be attributed to the number of schools that are built every year with job openings with not enough bodies to fill them. Germany, being a hub for one of the best education systems that have been developed in recent years, requires sound professionals who have the caliber and motivation to teach future students. Students who have done any basic degree could be considered for this job type in the local schools and may even be considered for university-level assistance jobs.
Organizations, especially large organizations with complicated working structures require professionals who have the necessary skill set to make sure that the work keeps moving in the correct order. Administrative professionals are required to monitor the employees and the work process of the company, making sure that everything moves in an orderly fashion. Masters in Business Administration and a Masters in Management holders are fit for these types of jobs.
Hospitality Industry Professional
The hospitality industry is a booming field which is seeing rapid growth every year. The field focuses on providing quality service to customers in areas like restaurants and hotels. They can work in the capacity of a simple receptionist but it van go up-to managerial posts. Professionals like chefs are also considered in the hospitality field. Masters course in Hotel Management professionals is eligible for such jobs.
Want to know which college is the best fit for your Masters?
Take Our Free Profile Evaluation Now!