Start Your Masters Journey With This Free Profile Evaluation
What is the Kellogg MSMS Review?
The Kellogg MSMS Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the MS in Management Studies ( MSMS ) program at Kellogg School of Management and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the MSMS application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
Kellogg School of Management is the well-renowned school for Management Studies at Northwestern University. It's MBA is amongst the premier MBAs in the world. Considering the strength of the prowess of the faculty, we can be rest assured that the Kellogg MSMS program is not so far behind in terms of quality education. The MSMS program, at Kellogg, primarily focuses on building on your undergraduate studies regardless of your academic background to learn management and gain business skills critical for your career growth, in one year. The main campus is located in Evanston, Illinois with additional campuses in Miami, downtown Chicago, and Florida. Kellogg is also amongst the Super Elite M7 Business Schools in the US, which comprises of seven private business schools, considered to have the world's best management programs. The other schools on the list are - Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, and MIT.
The Kellogg MS in Management Studies value proposition
- The MSMS, also known as the Russell Fellows program (named after alumni who funded the program), aims to create graduates who are well-rounded leaders with strong business and management fundamentals as well as deep critical-thinking skills.
- Provides you with multi-faceted training through engaging in challenging, fast-paced coursework while learning to collaborate effectively as teams.
- The MSMS class of 2015, had a 100% employment rate within three months of graduation.
- Kellogg's network of alumni comprises of more than 60,000+ alumni who form a tight-knit responsive community that shares a willingness to uphold the Kellogg name and help one another.
- As part of an international business course, all students travel abroad to experience the global marketplace.
- The MSMS program is a 10-month long program with 12 courses taught over 3 semesters by Kellogg professors. The program runs between July and May.
- MSMS classes are conducted at Downtown Chicago, the third largest city in the United States. Here, you study and grow beside some of the world’s renowned companies as Chicago is a true cultural and commerce hub.
One-Year MBA Program
Kellogg MSMS + One year MBA programme helps you strengthen your business fundamentals and join the workforce with enhanced skills and knowledge, that will boost your career forward. Here, you learn from the topnotch faculty, build leadership experience and a strong network which helps you throughout your career
- Program starts in June
The program starts in summer to get you accustomed to the rigorous academic pace of MBA studies and complete three to five courses. In September, you’ll join the second-year Full-Time Program class and complete the electives that match your interests and enhance your career goals.
- Wide range of electives (Around 200 courses)
You can bypass the core courses and emphasis on the electives that best meet your career goals. Explore into a select number of disciplines or go as broad as you like.
- Feel the Kellogg Difference
You can take advantage of the immense experiential learning opportunities, renowned faculty and diverse cross-disciplinary thought leadership model that make Kellogg stand out.
- Finish faster
Once you complete the required 15.5 course credits, you’ll receive your MBA degree in June — one year after you started.
Check for more information on the Kellogg MSMS + One-Year MBA program here.
Next in the Kellogg MS in Management Studies Review we are going to look at the eligibility criteria and application process for Kellogg School of Management.
Want to know your chances at Kellogg?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Constituents of the application package
- Undergraduate Academic Records (GPA, prerequisite courses, and other universities attended).
- GMAT or GRE.
- One-page Resume/CV (PDF).
- Additional academic, professional and/or artistic achievements (Optional).
- 2 recommendation letters - at least 1 from an academic professor.
- TOEFL for non-English speaking international candidates.
- 2 application essay questions.
- 2 short video essay questions.
- Application fee of $125.
- Students with an undergraduate business degree are ineligible to apply for the MSMS program.
- Before enrolling in the MSMS program, all applicants need to complete the following prerequisite courses.
- Microeconomics at the level of college introductory courses - a relevant course should cover consumer theory (e.g. models of consumer preferences and consumer choice) and theory of a firm (e.g. how firms set prices and how competition affects a firm's decision).
- Quantitative Reasoning by taking a class in pure mathematics, statistics or major-specific data analysis class. Acceptable classes include Introductory Calculus or Introduction to Statistics.
*Both courses need to be taken at accredited four-year institutions that provide a letter grade and prerequisite courses need to be completed before June 2017.
Next in the Kellogg MS in Management Studies Review we are going to look at some relevant details about the MSMS program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Duration: One Year (Classes start mid-July to mid-May).
Location: Evanston, Illinois.
Other Campuses: Downtown Chicago, Miami, Florida.
Tuition Fees: $53,864
Other Expenses: Room and Board ($17,460), Books and Supplies ($2,196), Travel ($1,476), Personal Expenses ($3,500), Student Life Fee($250) and Global Initiatives in Management Trip ($2500).
Scholarship decisions are awarded at the time of admission to the program. Both merit and need-based scholarships are available for Kellogg MSMS students.
Round 1- November 12, 2018
Round 2- January 11, 2019
Round 3- February 13, 2019
Career Development Services
Kellogg MS in Management Studies students enjoy dedicated career support services from their industry-leading career management center. Some salient features of the career placement cell are:
- One-on-one coaching
Personalized Assistance is offered to describe your career vision, craft your resume and cover letters, refine your interviewing skills and negotiate job offers.
- Professional Development Workshops
The career development staff facilitates workshops and programs – both on and off campus – to introduce students to various industries, grow critical job-search skills and offer networking opportunities with employers.
- Connections with employers
Kellogg influences a vast network of relationships with employers and alumni in an widespread variety of industries, functions and organizations right from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Lifelong career support
Even after graduation, Kellogg extends its support by Alumni career services. It includes individual coaching, career workshops and access to Kellogg Executive Education.
Class Profile 2017
International students - 35%
Average Undergraduate GPA - 3.5
Average Age - 22
Class Size- 69
Female - 49%
Kellogg MiM Placement Statistics
Due to the presence of a strong alumni network of more than 60,000 alumni, the MSMS batch of 2015 had an employment of 100% within 3 months of graduation.
Some notable companies recruiting from-
|Accenture||FTI Consulting||MGP Retail consulting|
|Burger King||IBM||Roland Berger|
|Dropbox||Johnson & Johnson||Wells Fargo|
Lastly, in the Kellogg MSMS Review, we are going to look at the application essay questions.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
Kellogg Essay Questions.
Essay 1: Pursuing a Master’s in Management is a big decision. Walk us through your decision to apply to Kellogg’s MS in Management Studies program, and what you’ve learned about yourself throughout your decision making and application process. (approximately 500 words)
Essay 2: Kellogg fosters a collaborative community of learners who support each other through the rigorous MSMS coursework, and in their endeavors outside of the classroom. Tell us about an experience where you worked within a team or community to navigate a challenge or make a difficult decision. (approximately 300 words)
Optional: If needed, use this section to briefly describe any extenuating circumstances (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, etc.)
Video Essay Questions
Candidates will be asked two questions and will be given 20 seconds to prepare your response and 1 minute to answer the questions.
- One question will be about your interest in the Kellogg Program.
- Another one on "Getting to know you".
Candidates will also go through a series of 10 practice questions to get familiar with the format, but will only get one go to answer the actual questions. You're expected to be in business casuals as far as visible on the video and the process will take 10-15 minutes totally for set up, going through the practice set and answering the actual questions.
New to Video Essay Questions? Want to make a great impact in that 1 minute? Send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, we would be happy to help. 🙂
We hope the Kellogg MSMS Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced from the Kellogg MSMS page, and for more data, you should visit the official page of Kellogg School of Management.
Find more information on the degree