YOUR GUIDE TO THE KIRA TALENT VIDEO INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
What is the Kira Video Interview?
Most students who are currently moving forward with their application process or are beginning to prepare for the entire process have come across this dreadful section of the application. The Kira Video Interview.
Why is it dreadful, you ask?
Mostly because of how foreign the entire “Kira video interview” concept is to most first-time applicants. So let’s start off by clearing the air on what the Kira talent video interview really is.
Kira Talent is basically a Canadian video interview platform that allows schools to interview prospective applicants through this platform. Several schools including Canadian, European and American schools only invite applicants for a Skype/in-person interview after they’ve passed the Kira interviews. Moreover, schools such as Imperial and EDHEC only have a Kira Interview for their applicants instead of it being a two-step process wherein the Kira interview is just a part of the process. The Kira talent interview questions allow the interviewee to have a holistic look at the applicant, on the basis of which he/she can further judge the applicants on factors such as leadership potential, communication skills, comprehension, drive etc.
The Kira Talent Video Interview is a recent concept and is a highly convenient way of interviewing applicants. Not only does it allow you some time to prepare, which is different for every school and could vary from 30 seconds to 1 minute after every question is asked, but also allows you to have practice sessions before going ahead with the actual interview. Even from the perspective of schools, it proves to be highly useful in comparing whether or not an applicant is competent enough for the schools with respect to the school’s culture, beliefs and environment. Schools usually also send the videos of your interview to the alumni and AdCom to have them gauge whether or not you’d be a good fit for the school.
I’m sure you’re wondering about the whole format of interviewing applicants, so let’s read ahead to have a look at how the entire process takes place along with what needs to be kept in mind before beginning with the interview.
The requirements for the interview are fairly simple:
- A computer/laptop with a working webcam and microphone
- A mobile phone (Android of iOS) with a front facing camera
Here is an exclusive interview session on How to Crack your Kira Talent Interview”
As soon as you land on the page, you’ll be asked to register for the Kira Talent Video Interview with your email ID. Once you do so, you will further receive a step-by-step guide on how to progress with the interview.
Once you’re ready with your device, microphone etc. you’ll be asked to set them up and begin with the practice sessions. If you face issues with the setup, or are unable to access the guide for some reason, you can click on “Help” for further steps.
- The interview questions will be sourced from a database of questions and will not be personalised, ranging from 2-6 questions.
- The questions will be random in nature and will either be written or asked in a video format.
- After each question is asked, you’ll be given an allotted time to prepare for the answer.
- You will get preparation time for each spoken question, followed by additional time to give your answer.
Note: The camera will only start recording your response after the preparation time. You don’t have to worry about the recording beginning during your preparation as it will give you a countdown warning before it starts recording your answer.
Here are some examples that you can refer to while practicing for your video interview:
- How do you work under pressure?
- Tell me about a time when you had many tasks you had to work on at the same time. How did you prioritise?
- Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision? What were the circumstances and what did you do?
- Describe an accomplishment that has given you the most satisfaction and why?
- Tell us something about yourself that we cannot find in your application.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Tell us about a person or an event that has been influential in your personal development.
- How do you think a close family member or friend would describe you?How would you define leadership?
- Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a colleague or a client.
- Tell me about a time when you worked successfully as a part of a team.
- Tell me about a time when you were the only person holding an idea you felt strongly about. How did you share your position? What was the outcome?
- Tell me about a time when you and another individual had to compromise to reach an agreement. How did you reach the agreement?
- Do you think social responsibility should always take precedence over profit? Why or why not?
- How would you explain Facebook to your grandma?
- What is the most #1 song played on your laptop?
Since you now know the gist of what kind of questions to expect from your Kira Talent Video interview, you can now concentrate on practicing for the same in order to tactfully be able to answer similar questions during your interview.
How To Prepare For The Kira Video Interview:
Preparing for an interview is no piece of cake. It takes up time, focus, and a lot of steady preparation to crack an interview. Not only are you supposed to make sure your answers are well-framed and good enough, but you also have to keep a check on other factors such as presentation, nerves etc. Hence, here are a couple of tips you can keep in mind to help prepare for the video interview:
- First and foremost, it is of grave importance to get a thorough understanding of the Kira talent interview. Try and understand what it is, how your profile will be assessed and on what basis, and what the entire format of interviewing is.
- Learn commonly asked questions to practice ways of answering these questions. The format of the interview questions are often repeated hence practicing old questions will help a great deal in understanding the format of the questions asked, helping you prepare in advance.
- For any interview, it is always advisable to practice well in advance before the interview. To help with your practice, you can check out our Kira Talent Interview e-book. This e-book will allow you to get step by step assistance on how to tackle the gruelling interview process with a trusted guide.
Get Instant Access To The Kira Interview E-Book
Via the Kira talent MiM Interview Questions Pack you get an ebook which contains the following:
- Get access to 50+ Kira talent interview questions asked in actual interviews, with detailed tips on how to answer them
- Tips on interview etiquettes by experienced consultants
- An exhaustive list of 200+ probable video interview questions that have been collected from over 50 Kira Interviews, to help you prepare for all types of questions
The ebook would be available to you instantly, & will be sent to your inbox via email. If by any chance you are not satisfied with our Kira Talent Interview Questions Pack, just send us a mail back stating a reason for the same, & we will offer you a 100% refund.
*Please note that this book is for solo usage only, any commercial sharing will invite legal action.
Need some more convincing?
Check out what our past customers have to say
Over 80% of my interview questions came from the exhaustive list! Thanks a ton. Keep up the good work!
Really informative, removed quite a few misconceptions I had. I can easily say that I am much more well prepared now.
Looking for a More Comprehensive Help For Your Kira Interview?
Check Out Our Kira Interview Video Guide!
Our Comprehensive Video Course Covers:
- Hours of video content on how to answer major Kira Interview Questions
- Video Guidance by Abhyank Srinet – MiM-Essay’s Head Consultant who has spearheaded a team into mentoring 1800+ Applicants to get into Top Schools across the world
- Written Answer Tips on how to answer Kira Interview Questions
- 100+ Mock Interview Questions for Practice