Table of Contents
University of Manchester MBA Introduction
The Manchester MBA program offers a comprehensive and diverse learning experience that is designed to prepare students for success in the global business world. With a focus on practical learning, personalized career development and a supportive community- Manchester MBA attracts students from all over the world who are eager to develop their leadership skills and make a positive impact in their careers. The program's exceptional faculty, curriculum, and strong industry connections ensure that graduates are well-equipped to take on complex business challenges and drive innovation in their respective fields.
University of Manchester MBA Class Profile
The University of Manchester offers a top-tier MBA program, enabling students to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the competitive financial field. The program boasts a diverse class profile, with students from different backgrounds and industries. This diversity in the class profile of Manchester MBA allows for a unique learning experience, with students exchanging ideas and collaborating on projects that reflect the realities of the modern-day financial world.
Average Work Ex
University of Manchester MBA Acceptance Rate
Alliance Manchester Business School is one of the UK's top business schools and is known for its high-quality MBA program. The program's acceptance rate, because of the very same reasons - is around 13%. This means that only about 13 out of every 100 applicants are selected. This relatively low acceptance rate indicates that Manchester MBA is highly selective in its admissions process.
Acceptance rate- 13%
Program and Curriculum University of Manchester MBA
The Alliance Manchester Business School offers one of the top degrees in the UK, designed for those looking to pursue a career in the financial services industry. The program is comprised of 30 credit hours of core courses, such as financial markets and institutions, business analytics, and corporate finance, as well as elective courses that focus on specializations like investments, international finance, and risk management.
An internship and capstone project are also required components of the program. With the Manchester MBA program curriculum that emphasizes real-world learning and practical skills development, graduates of the University of Manchester’s MBA in Finance are well prepared to excel in their chosen field.
- Leading and Managing in a Global Environment: This course provides a comprehensive understanding of the challenges of leadership and management in the global business environment.
- Strategy and Competition: This course examines the strategic decision-making process and the ways in which businesses can gain and maintain competitive advantage.
- Business Accounting and Finance: This course covers the principles and techniques of financial accounting and corporate finance.
- Operations and Marketing: This course explores the fundamentals of marketing and operations management.
- International Business Consultancy Project: This is a practical course where students work with a business to solve real-world problems, applying their knowledge and skills to create practical solutions.
- Corporate Finance: This course covers financial decision-making in corporations, including capital budgeting, financing, and risk management.
- Financial Risk Management: This course explores the different types of financial risks that businesses face and how to manage them.
- Investment Banking: This course provides a detailed understanding of investment banking, including the process of raising capital, mergers and acquisitions, and financial modeling.
- International Finance: This course examines the financial management of multinational corporations, including exchange rate risk, country risk, and international capital budgeting.
- Financial Markets: This course provides a comprehensive overview of the different types of financial markets and the instruments traded on them.
Clubs & associations
- 180 Degrees Consulting Manchester: This club provides consulting services to non-profit organizations and helps students develop their consulting skills.
- AIESEC in Manchester: This is a global organization that provides leadership development and internship opportunities for students.
- Alpha Kappa Psi Sigma Upsilon Phi: This is a professional business fraternity that helps students develop their leadership and professional skills.
- Comedy Society: This society provides a platform for students to showcase their comedic talents and improve their public speaking skills.
- Cybersecurity Society: This society promotes awareness of cybersecurity issues and provides resources for students to develop their cybersecurity skills.
Extra activities at Manchester MBA program
With Manchester MBA, the students get to participate in many different extracurricular activities such as clubs, associations, groups, and more. The program highly emphasizes on overall growth and development with a creative mindset of students. Hence in some way, it is mandatory to join a club at Alliance Manchester Business School if you want to perform extraordinarily.
- Eat, Drink, and Shop: This event allows MBA students to explore the city of Manchester and its food, drink, and shopping options. It's a great opportunity to socialize and get to know fellow students outside of class.
- JobShop: The JobShop is a career center at the Manchester Business School that provides MBA students with access to job and internship opportunities, as well as career advice and guidance.
- MBA Ball: The MBA Ball is an annual event that brings together MBA students, alumni, faculty, and staff for a night of celebration and networking.
- International Football Challenge: This is a popular event that includes matches against top B-Schools from around the world, a tour of Old Trafford (the home of Manchester United), and a party.
- Manchester Merit Scholarships: These scholarships are available for exceptional candidates with a strong academic background, making them relevant for Indian students with a strong academic record.
- Industry Scholarships: These scholarships are available for candidates with relevant industry experience, making them relevant for Indian students with prior work experience in their respective fields.
- Inspirational Leaders Scholarships: These scholarships are available for candidates who have demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities, making them relevant for Indian students who have displayed strong leadership skills in their past experiences.
- Alliance MBS Women in Business / Forté Foundation Scholarships: These scholarships are aimed at promoting diversity and gender equality in the MBA program, making them relevant for Indian women who aspire to pursue an MBA and contribute to the workforce.
- Young Potential Leaders Scholarships: These scholarships are aimed at recognizing and supporting young leaders with high potential, making them relevant for Indian students who have displayed leadership potential in their early careers.
Eligibility and Requirements for Getting into University of Manchester MBA
Here are the eligibility 7 requirements for Manchester MBA that one needs to fulfill in order to receive admission to the university:
- Minimum of three years post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Satisfactory GMAT, GRE
- English Language Proficiency
The Mancher MBA fees include a required non-refundable application fee of £60.00 (pounds sterling) when you start applying for the online form.
The application is an online process and all of the requisite documents are listed below:
- Admissions essay
- Degree transcripts (and certificates when applicable)
- Admissions test results in GMAT/GRE
- One reference as part of the process after submitting this form.
- English language requirements
The program does not disclose a minimum GPA requirement for its applicants. However, the average GPA of the admitted candidates is estimated to be around 3.1 to 3.5. The admissions committee evaluates each applicant's academic performance on a case-by-case basis.
The program does not have a minimum GMAT score requirement for its applicants. However, the average Manchester MBA GMAT score of the admitted candidates is around 690. Alternatively, applicants may submit a GRE equivalent score instead of a GMAT score.
The program accepts GRE equivalent scores in place of GMAT scores. Applicants may submit their GRE scores as a substitute for the GMAT scores. There is no specific minimum score requirement for the GRE, and each application is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The program requires a minimum of three years of work experience for its applicants. The average work experience of the admitted candidates is around six years. The admissions committee evaluates each candidate's work experience, leadership potential, and career goals.
English language proficiency test scores
the program requires international applicants to submit an English language proficiency test score. Applicants may submit either the IELTS Academic (UKVI and non-UKVI versions) or TOEFL iBT (centre-based) scores. The minimum overall score required for IELTS is 6.5, with at least 6.5 in the speaking and writing components and no less than 6.0 in reading and listening. The minimum overall score required for TOEFL iBT is 90, with at least 22 in the speaking and writing components and no less than 20 in reading and listening.
University of Manchester MBA Deadlines
The school hosts its annual international student application process each year with different application deadlines. This year, it ranges from October 2023 to June 2024. The admissions team evaluates applications on a first-come, first-served basis, so it's essential to submit your application as soon as you are ready.
It's important to note that the visa application process may take several months and that's why international applicants should allow plenty of time to obtain a visa after receiving an offer. Additionally, some scholarships have specific deadlines, so, it's best to check the scholarship requirements and apply accordingly.
The usual journey towards gaining admission into a Manchester MBA program involves the following process:
- Check the academic and English language requirements: Review the academic and English language requirements for the program to ensure you meet the minimum criteria for admission.
- Prepare your supporting documents: Gather all necessary supporting documents, which typically include transcripts, letters of recommendation, a CV/resume, and a personal statement.
- Check if you need to pay an application fee: Review the application process to determine if an application fee is required.
- Apply online: Complete the online application form and upload all supporting documents. You may also need to schedule an interview as part of the application process.
- The final decision: After your application is complete and all required materials are received, the admissions committee will review your application and make a final decision regarding your admission status. If you are accepted, you will receive an official offer letter from the university.
When do the admissions start?
For those interested in starting their studies in September 2024, the admissions cycle will begin from October 2023 onwards. Here are the dates of deadlines for the Manchester MBA program:
|Round 1||01 October, 2023|
|Round 2||19 November, 2023|
|Round 3||07 January 2024|
|Round 4||04 February 2024|
|Round 5||03 March 2024|
|Round 6||07 April 2024|
|Round 7||05 May 2024*|
|Round 8||02 June 2024**|
* Final international deadline (please note we may only have limited places available by this deadline).
**UK & Ireland passport holders & EU citizens with pre-settled or settled status only.
University of Manchester MBA Employment / Placement
The school is renowned for its highly sought-after MBA in Finance program, which has a long track record of successful graduate placement. Over the past decade, graduates from their program have been placed at some of the top finance firms in Canada including RBC Royal Bank, Scotiabank, CIBC, and TD Bank. The university's stellar reputation and strong alumni network have enabled its graduates to secure competitive positions with these prestigious institutions.
Average starting salary
The MBA program at Manchester is a highly sought-after degree that offers exceptional career opportunities to its graduates. One of the key indicators of this is the average starting salary earned by graduates. According to the latest employment report, the average starting Manchester MBA salary for graduates is $98,300. This is a significant increase from the previous year highlighting the growing demand for graduates in the job market.
The MBA program at Manchester is known for its excellent placement record, with graduates securing jobs in top companies across the world. The latest employment report highlights that 82% of MBA graduates secured employment within 3 months of graduation. This is a testament to the quality of the program and the value it adds to the career prospects of its graduates.
The employment & placement Report is an important resource that provides detailed insights into the career prospects of graduates. According to the latest report, 19% of graduates are working in the technology industry, 22% in consulting, and 21% in finance. The report also highlights the average starting salary of Manchester MBA graduates which is $98,300. Additionally, the report provides information on the top companies recruiting graduates as well as the industries and functions they are working in.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring University of Manchester MBA Graduates
The University of Manchester is one of Canada's top business schools, and the program is widely regarded as the best in the country. With a strong emphasis on analytical, financial, and strategic skills, graduates from the program have the knowledge to be successful in a wide range of roles. Companies across Canada are looking for top-tier candidates from this program to fill positions in their finance departments, making it an ideal place for those looking to launch their careers in finance.
Companies recruiting from Manchester MBA
Companies recruiting the Manchester MBA graduates include top firms in the consulting, finance, and technology industries such as McKinsey & Company, Barclays, and Google, among many others, providing diverse opportunities for career advancement.
- McKinsey & Company
- PA Consulting
- Morgan Stanley
- American Express
University of Manchester MBA Alumni Info
The Manchester MBA alumni boasts a vast and diverse network of over 60,000 graduates spanning 176 countries, holding prominent positions in a wide range of industries and sectors. The school regularly organizes alumni events, webinars, and mentorship programs, providing opportunities for networking, professional development, and collaboration.
Some famous alumni
- Simon Collins - Chairman and Senior Partner, KPMG
- Sir Terry Leahy - retired Chief Executive, Tesco
- Wendy Mayall - former Chief Investment Officer, Unilever
Application Essay for University of Manchester MBA
Our Full-time MBA program is an extremely competitive endeavor, and it is up to you to demonstrate your abilities with Manchester MBA essays and interview questions. Make sure that you construct them using the essay format - do not merely regurgitate statements from your CV or adopt any other conventional approach; this could disadvantageously alter the impression created by your application.
What makes you a strong candidate for the Manchester MBA program? (minimum 400 words)
Essay 2 (Career Planning Questions)
In the careers questions, we would like to learn about your post-MBA goals. We understand that you may not currently have a fully developed career plan and are looking explore opportunities and develop your skill set during the MBA. However, we expect you to have reflected carefully about your post-MBA career and have realistic goals that build on the transferrable skills and experience you have gained in your career to date. To provide the best answers to the career questions, you need to be authentic. We will discuss your answers if you are invited to the interview stage. (minimum 300 words)
After you have submitted your application, you will be sent an invitation to take the video assessment, which is delivered by Kira Talent on their platform. The video assessment comprises of four questions, which are designed to be answered without preparation in real time. This will help us gain a sense of your personality, potential, and communication skills, particularly your ability to think on your feet and communicate in a concise manner. The four questions are as follows:
- One motivation-based question
- Two competency-based questions around the themes of leadership and teamwork
- One random light-hearted question
Tips for essays
- Address any gaps in your CV: If you have gaps in your employment history or short-term positions, be honest about why and what you learned from the experience.
- Highlight your personal and academic achievements: Share your accomplishments outside of work, such as hobbies, volunteer work, or academic awards, and how they have prepared you for an MBA.
- Show how you will contribute to the MBA class: Demonstrate your motivation and inspiration for pursuing an MBA, and how you will add value to the program community.
- Share your international career aspirations: If you are interested in an international career, explain why and how the program will help you achieve this goal.
- It's important to note that applicants should also refer to the essay page for specific requirements and instructions.
Letter of Recommendation for University of Manchester MBA
To apply for the program, you are required to provide the contact details of two referees. However, only one work-related reference is needed from either of the two referees. When inputting their information in the application form, please make sure to use their work email and not their personal email.
It is mentioned by the school that you should choose referees who know you well and can talk about your skills. A reference from a big boss who hardly knows you will not benefit your application. Manchester MBA also mentions these two points to keep in mind while preparing for the letter of recommendation:
- Choose a manager who has closely supervised your work, knows you well, and can provide you with a serious and in-depth reference.
- If you don't want to ask your current manager, choose someone else who knows you well in a work setting, for example, a former manager in your current or previous company or a long-standing client. If you work in a family business, your referee should not be a family member.
Interview Questions for University of Manchester MBA
Here are the Manchester MBA interview questions for you to rehearse and practice, before your interview round:
Q: What motivated you to pursue an MBA, and why did you choose Manchester Business School?
Q: Tell us about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation at work.
Q: How do you keep up with the latest developments in your industry?
Q: What are your greatest strengths, and how have they helped you in your career so far?
Q: Give an example of a successful project you have completed and your role in it.
Q: What leadership experience do you have, and how has it shaped your perspective?
Q: What do you hope to gain from the Manchester MBA program?
Q: How do you handle ambiguity and uncertainty in your work?
Q: What are your long-term career goals, and how do you plan to achieve them?
Q: How do you balance your personal and professional commitments, and what strategies do you use to maintain a healthy work-life balance?
Q: What inspired you to pursue a career in your current field, and what motivates you to continue working in it?
Q: What are the biggest challenges you have faced in your career so far, and how have you overcome them?
Q: How do you prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively?
Q: Tell us about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague or client, and how you handled the situation.
Q: What role do you usually play in a team, and how do you collaborate with your teammates?
Q: How do you approach problem-solving, and what techniques do you use to generate innovative solutions?
Q: How do you handle constructive criticism, and what strategies do you use to learn from feedback?
Q: What are your greatest weaknesses, and how have you worked to improve them?
Q: How do you plan to use program qualification to further your career goals?
Q: What are your expectations from the program, and how do you plan to contribute to the program and your cohort?
Tips for interview questions
The interview is a crucial part of the application process and is typically conducted by members of the Admissions Committee. The purpose of the interview is to assess your fit for the program and to gain further insight into your personal and professional background. The interview questions may cover a wide range of topics, including your motivations for pursuing an MBA, your career goals, leadership experiences, strengths and weaknesses, teamwork abilities, and your understanding of Manchester's values and culture.
- Be authentic: Manchester MBA values diversity and individuality, so be yourself and showcase your unique experiences and perspectives.
- Be prepared to elaborate on your essays: The admissions committee may ask follow-up questions based on your essay answers, so make sure you review your essays and are comfortable discussing them in more detail.
- Research the program: Show that you have done your research on the program and can speak to why it is a good fit for your goals and aspirations.
- Emphasize your leadership experience: Manchester MBA values leadership and management experience, so make sure to highlight your achievements in this area.
- Show your passion and motivation: The admissions committee wants to see that you are truly interested in pursuing an MBA and that you have a clear vision for your future career, so be sure to convey your passion and motivation for the program and your goals.
What Makes University of Manchester MBA Unique?
Is Manchester MBA worth it? Considering the vibrant skills and learning opportunities that the students get exposed to during their MBA program, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to consider an MBA from Manchester to be a great investment. Here are a few pointers to make you believe the same:
- Strong Industry Connections: The program has a strong reputation for building connections with industry-leading employers which means that students have access to valuable networking opportunities and high-quality job prospects.
- International Diversity: The program attracts a diverse group of students from all over the world, creating a truly global classroom environment that exposes students to a variety of cultures and perspectives.
- Focus on Transferable Skills: The curriculum emphasizes the development of transferable skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication, which are highly valued by employers across various industries.
- Supportive Community: Manchester MBA has a supportive and collaborative community that fosters teamwork, mentorship, and personal growth.
- Vibrant Location: The program is based in Manchester, a dynamic and multicultural city that offers a vibrant cultural scene, an affordable cost of living, and a convenient location in the heart of the UK.
The Alliance Manchester Business School stands out as one of the top MBA colleges in UK due to its emphasis on practical learning, global perspective, and commitment to social responsibility. With a focus on experiential learning, students have the opportunity to work on live projects, gain real-world consulting experience, and take part in international study trips. The program also prioritizes diversity and inclusion, with a large international student population and a welcoming environment for all.
The cost of the Manchester MBA program is £47,000.
The average GMAT score for Manchester MBA is not officially disclosed but is known to be around 660.
Yes, the Manchester MBA program requires a minimum of three years of post-graduation work experience.
The typical profile of an accepted Manchester MBA candidate includes an average age of 29, with six years of work experience and a GMAT score of around 660.
The Manchester MBA application process includes submitting an online application, transcripts, essays, two references, and an interview.
I liked that the assigned representative is willing to make the extra mile for your essay. I liked that it wasn’t a standardized product that just formulates your experiences but a continuous experience which really helps you reveal your true self in your essay. Without them i wouldn’t have been able to get accepted into my first choice.
Admits from both HEC & ESCP :D…. to those contemplating whether to try their services or not….don’t think.. Just take them … I couldn’t think of any other service better than theirs’… Be is essay .. LOR .. Or interview .. They are the best in all… Not just for MIM essay they are commendable with MBA essay as well.
The MiM-Essay team can significantly improve your essays and increase your chances of getting into your target programs. For people with a non-business background, the MiM-Essay team is good at highlighting the relevant information within your experiences, and making the stories resonate with audiences. An admit from HEC just proves the worth of their services 🙂
Taking the essay and interview pack was one of the best decisions I made during the journey, not only is their profound knowledge about business schools very helpful but also their constant support will keep you motivated. I am very happy with the service they propose. I truly believe it gave me a strong competitive advantage and helped me present a polished image of myself in front of the LBS panel, ultimately getting me an admit.
I would say, do not think twice about it and GO for it. It is a worthwhile investment and will go a long way in helping you secure a place at your dream college. I not only got into my target colleges- HEC & ESSEC but even won a 20,000 euro scholarship!
They know what they do and they are 100% effective. I wanted to get into LSE and Duke, & with their assistance in all the phase of the admission process, we succeeded! To everyone who is wondering if these services are useful, I can firmly say that I probably couldn’t have succeeded without them.
It was a great experience working with MiM-Essay team, they helped me crack into LBS my first priority, I did not even need to think of my second-priority or whatsoever. If MiM-Essay team diagnosed you, and then, ensured that you have a high level of possibility of achieving your aims, they definitely can help you prepare for the applications perfectly.
Mim-Essay helped me write my story in a way that was compelling and distinct. Through brainstorming, attentive listening, patience and hard work, the Mim-essay staff helped me find what made me unique and competitive in a large pool of applicants. In addition, the limitless edits made the essays and the resume engaging and appealing enough to stand out during the application.
Right from the very beginning, I received a lot of quality attention, which not only enabled me to optimally prepare my application package, but also to remain confident throughout this sometimes-turbulent process. MiM team helped me with not only application documents, but also choosing the best programs given my goals and I found its advise to be invaluable. MiM team did not provide cookie cutter advice that would be applicable to all candidates.
Right from my first conversation, I knew MIM-Essay is going to the apt mentor which would help me get into one of my target schools. In short, I’ll be studying at one of the best B-schools and MIM-Essay has a lot to do with it. They paid attention to the minutest of the details and made sure that every element of the application is a 10/10.
Professional, personalized, understanding are some of the immediately visible traits that you notice about their service. They know we are worried. They know we want to do our best. So, they do everything possible to make the best happen without us getting too worried. The most value that MiM-essay adds is that they believe in experience-based answers and moreover highlight the learning in each experience. I think their ability to modify every essay as per your personality, your thoughts and your inclinations makes them extremely good at what they do.
I approached MiM essays after I got 3 rejects. I was really depressed about admissions and wanted a way to get an admit to at least one of the best schools. The approach used to help me was brilliant right from the start. The question guide I had gotten for LBS interview included almost all the questions I was asked in the actual interview. I’ve realised that such fine tuning of application is the magic to success. I got admits to both the colleges (LBS and LSE). I have already recommended MiM essays to at least 10 people. MiM Essays is THE RIGHT place for any MiM aspirant to be in.
MiM-Essay puts in its best efforts to understand the profile of the candidate in-depth. Another amazing service that is offered by the team is multiple edits till you get the best. NO LIMIT ON EDITS. THEY MAKE SURE TO CREATE BEST PROFILE!! Edits are done to back up the points with convincing background stories. They focus on this aspect the most to chalk out the best draft.
The most appealing aspect of MiM-Essay is the incredibly user-friendly and systematic strategy they've developed for dealing with the entire application process. It was like going through a course/training on how to deal with this journey by going through the numerous videos, samples, and interview prep that Abhyank had put up. I find it fascinating that, while the entire staff is there to support you, they do not spoon-feed you essays and instead challenge you to give it your all. From the beginning of this trip until the very end, when I received my admittance, I've noticed a significant change in myself, and MiM Essay's coaching has helped me acquire tremendous clarity.
MiM-Essay is worth every penny. My consultant was a true partner and was available whenever necessary; it was a seamless process despite our 6 hour time difference. I would not hesitate to give my full recommendation to anyone applying to a masters degree in business; I question whether I would have been accepted to so many world-renowned programs had it not been for my consultant and the MiM-Essay team.
Even though I decided to apply in the last days of submission, my consultant was available for my questions all the time and the answers were always helpful. He knows really well which parts you should highlight and which ones to get rid of. I believe I wouldn’t get accepted without MiM-essay help. Even if you think you wrote your application really well. I am sure there is always something to improve that MiM-essay will notice.
With a score of just 640 in GMAT and still getting into these prestigious colleges explains how much value MIM Essay added to my application. With MiM-Essay, admissions to one of your dream colleges is guaranteed. It is the right place to approach since all the counselors have gone through the application process and have knowledge about the process to give inputs.
Sometimes you can get caught up in fantasy and other consultants may even promise something they can’t deliver but MiM Essay team helped me align the right school with my goals. They took the time out to understand my motivations and experiences and helped me build a profile that was true to myself. It is easy in some ways to just memorize interview answers but in a stressful situation that’s a risk which is why I really appreciated all the notes and mock interview sessions MiM-Essay gave me. With lakhs of students applying to the best programs, you must find a way to set yourself apart and MiM-Essay can help you find that